Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mariah Carey - #1 To Infinity

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Sat January 17th, 2015, 00:37

I like the idea of a new edition of #1s, only problem I have, didn't Mariah dislike this kind of greatest hits version!?

Legend
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

by » Sat January 17th, 2015, 00:43

Quote Originally Posted by BeeFan
    I like the idea of a new edition of #1s, only problem I have, didn't Mariah dislike this kind of greatest hits version!?
    in 1998 when she was 28 y.o. she thought HITS packages in general were tacky when you are still current and a hit maker. Nobody could have foreseen that she would struggle like she does today. In 1998/2001 Mariah probably thought to have another decade of yearly #1's ahead of her. Plus she wanted to make the second decade of her career on her own - away from SONY and Tommy's influence. So she has a closer emotional bond to the music she did without Tommy's influence.

All that she's learned since 1998/2001 is that people will always prefer her #1's only because they were #1's. People will not buy a compilation of HER favourite songs. The GP wants Hero, VOL, even Someday and TMB and don't care for Vanishing, Can't Let Go or Underneath the Stars.

The Mariah Problem (as BB stated) is not that she needs to work with Pitbull and should evolve into an EDM artist - it really is that her #1's are loved evergeens and stand alone among her catalogue despite the fact that many album cuts are MUCH MUCH better.

So I hope she uses the 18 Vegas concerts to remind people from time to time that she has more than 18 great songs. I'd die for a live rendition of There's Got to Be A Way.

Legend
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

by » Sat January 17th, 2015, 00:46

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    She better sing "I Still Believe" again!
    her rendition of the song is sooo amazing. I love ISB.. and all of its remixes. I hope she performs it too.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Sat January 17th, 2015, 01:00

Thanks stevyy, I get the point.

I know, somehow off topic, but it reminds me of a thought I had lately, with artists and their GH. Never got into it, when they called it volume 1 or so far or stuff... From my experience, no current artist, except for Madonna maybe, achieved to release a volume 2. Seems to be a spell on those vol 1's.... So for artists better never to name it like this

Legend
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

by » Sat January 17th, 2015, 01:11

Quote Originally Posted by BeeFan
    Thanks stevyy, I get the point.

I know, somehow off topic, but it reminds me of a thought I had lately, with artists and their GH. Never got into it, when they called it volume 1 or so far or stuff... From my experience, no current artist, except for Madonna maybe, achieved to release a volume 2. Seems to be a spell on those vol 1's.... So for artists better never to name it like this
    yep I agree. Also the amound of compilations that SONY released of Mariah's material are so reductive:

1998 - #1's
    2001 - Greatest Hits (with a few album cuts)
    2008/2009 - The Ballads (uugh)
    2010 - Playlist: The Greatest Hits (UUUGH no)
    2011 - The Essential aka Greatest Hits

They should have not released another compilation after #1's. I think with only #1's, it would make sense to release another one now.

However, her 00's material has never been released on a compilation and our girl had a string of successful singles (not counting the Rainbow ones).

It makes me chuggle though that many labels release HITS packages now after their acts hit 5 years on the road or something similar... that's actually a very pessimistic view on their acts as it suggests that their best is behind them now. lol. (SONY must have been pessimistic too or just thought to milk her some more).

#1's should have been released post Rainbow because i believe that it could have sold a bit more than it already has (15,5m).

Manager
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

by » Sat January 17th, 2015, 09:20

Wishful thinking but I do really hope that this re-release would also include a bonus disc that has all her B-sides, bonus tracks, etc.

It would be great too if she releases a compilation of all her unreleased songs too. *crosses fingers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sat January 17th, 2015, 09:56

I do not think that just going to put a new song think it will be 2 or 3, and also think to include Without You which not number one on the Hot 100 (it was 3), but was number one across Europe, I'm sure the next mariah single will have a new top 10 and hope to sell over 2 million copies in the USA, I hope to make super-hits, and do not know why but I feel I will have an airplay much greater than #beautiful, I hope to sell between 150-200k first week more and more airplay and streaming spotify Youtube, hope they do a great marketing for this new single and more promotion that #beaufiful, I hope the video has 10-20 mill in the first week that would be great, what you need is news, I'm excited to hear these new songs, and will sell much more than Me I Am Mariah, if whitney sold 27k with a disc of live mariah can sell between 70 -120k hope she does a lot of promotion, can not wait to hear those future hits

Superstar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Sat January 17th, 2015, 10:07

I love the idea of this album. However I can't help but wonder if a double disc "collection" to mark 25 years would be better. Something like Whitneys GH with new songs. Mariah didn't have much of an input with her dual disc GH so something like Whitneys or Michaels HIStory would have been more commemorative.

Mind you, we don't know the full plan yet. It could be more epic than just a little revamp of the original album.
    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Legend
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

by » Sat January 17th, 2015, 12:08

I think they will stick with the eighteen #1 singles, because she will not mislead the public into buying an album including non-#1 singles! Or maybe it can be something like this, standard edition will have eighteen number ones, and the deluxe second disc will add the other hits, similar to Madonna's Celebration and Whitney's I Will Always Love You which were released with standard and deluxe versions.

Disc 1
    1. "Vision of Love"
    2. "Love Takes Time"
    3. "Someday"
    4. "I Don't Wanna Cry"
    5. "Emotions"
    6. "I'll Be There" (with Trey Lorenz)
    7. "Dreamlover"
    8. "Hero"
    9. "Fantasy"
    10. "One Sweet Day" (with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony)
    11. "Always Be My Baby"
    12. "Honey"
    13. "My All"
    14. "Heartbreaker" (featuring Jay-Z)
    15. "Thank God I Found You" (featuring Joe & 98 Degrees)
    16. "We Belong Together"
    17. "Don't Forget About Us"
    18. "Touch My Body"
    19. [new song]

Disc 2
    1. "Can't Let Go"
    2. "Make It Happen"
    3. "Without You"
    4. "Anytime You Need a Friend"
    5. "Endless Love" (with Luther Vandross)
    6. "Open Arms"
    7. "Forever"
    8. "Butterfly"
    9. "Breakdown" (with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony)
    10. "When You Believe" (with Whitney Houston)
    11. "I Still Believe"
    12. "Can't Take That Away (Mariah's Theme)"
    13. "Through the Rain"
    14. "It's Like That"
    15. "Shake It Off"
    16. "Bye Bye"
    17. "Obsessed"
    18. "#Beautiful" (with Miguel)
    19. [new song]

I think it will be great to have a representation of her whole catalog in this album!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sat January 17th, 2015, 12:38

deluxe album with 40 songs wow, that the deluxe editions must come with songs from the standard edition and additional songs, the best of this era is that she will return popularity in sales, if that makes a discount on amazon for 2 or 3 days you can sell between 75-140k and hopefully make enough promotion more new hits, but I still have a dream that do not throw it away for the record and slipping away and Lanzen as singles after 2 or 3 songs nuevas.y after the next era and then the album of jazz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sat January 17th, 2015, 12:44

I mean that we found love is a recreation of WBT for success, for the lyrics for the new sound in his time, also very similar encounter but have very different sounds, the point is that you can mariah have later a song exceeds WBT.

mariah is till big in Japon , China , Brazil ,Australia , UK , France , USA , Canada.

But germany ? U.u

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

by » Sat January 17th, 2015, 12:51

Wait. If she performs all 18, that will mean she has to perform Someday. I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by musiclover2174
    Wishful thinking but I do really hope that this re-release would also include a bonus disc that has all her B-sides, bonus tracks, etc.
    It wouldn't be a missed opportunity if she doesn't do that because it would be nice to have them on bonus discs with her resung remixes, live covers, and unreleased recordings etc. on remastered rereleases of her studio albums after this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sat January 17th, 2015, 12:59

I would like that for the next era she does pretty pre promotion in germany and france ie marketing, advertising, press release and deduct ub little songs to have hits in those countries, and go to some programs to sing, but she is a diva if they will go to these programs must have a great expectation and media attention

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sat January 17th, 2015, 13:33

mariah is getting enough media attention just for the stay in las vegas, Vogue, Time, People, TMZ, Rolling Stones, Yahoo, etc

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Sat January 17th, 2015, 14:34

#1s was my first Mariah album. Well, technically I bought Rainbow at a car boot sale for like 50p because I liked Against All Odds, but I hated it so much that I binned it after about four songs. It was the first time I was like OMG, this woman's voice is phenomenal! I remember when I first became friends with IrishLamb, I said that I liked Mariah when she sings "properly" but hated the "asthma attack vocal stuff". He then gently persuaded me to give her another chance, and I think it's time now that I called myself a fan. MIAM...TEC was a good album IMO, but #1s is just a phenomenal collection. I hope she does some new ballads like Almost Home / One More Try style.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Sat January 17th, 2015, 17:02

Quote Originally Posted by Airwrecka
    #1s was my first Mariah album. Well, technically I bought Rainbow at a car boot sale for like 50p because I liked Against All Odds, but I hated it so much that I binned it after about four songs. It was the first time I was like OMG, this woman's voice is phenomenal! I remember when I first became friends with IrishLamb, I said that I liked Mariah when she sings "properly" but hated the "asthma attack vocal stuff". He then gently persuaded me to give her another chance, and I think it's time now that I called myself a fan. MIAM...TEC was a good album IMO, but #1s is just a phenomenal collection. I hope she does some new ballads like Almost Home / One More Try style.
    My impact

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sun January 18th, 2015, 00:47

Hopefully, the new #1's will do better than Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse!

The track listing of the new compilation will probably be like this:

01 [New song]
    02 Touch My Body
    03 We Belong Together
    04 Thank God I Found You (featuring Joe & 98 Degrees) (US) / Against all Odds (with Westlife) (International)
    05 Heartbreaker (featuring Jay-Z)
    06 My All
    07 Honey
    08 Always Be My Baby
    09 One Sweet Day (with Boyz II Men)
    11 Fantasy
    12 Hero
    13 Dreamlover
    14 I'll Be There (featuring Trey Lorenz)
    15 Emotions
    16 I Don't Wanna Cry (US) / Without You (International)
    17 Someday
    18 Love Takes Time
    19 Vision of Love
    This would be perfect. All on One Disc. With the same cover that she used in 1998, as a "tribute".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sun January 18th, 2015, 12:50

I hope for the next era are 7 singles and choose the right ones, also hope to exceed comercialmenta TEOM but if you do not like me that their sales are averaged for 4-5 million FORTHCOMING albums by album would be great and she can do , needs hits, marketing, advertising, promicion plan gigantic and massive promotion, I am so anxious with new singles !!! I hope that the album sold only 75-150k use and has longevity

Legend
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

by » Sun January 18th, 2015, 14:01

Seven singles are impossible! I think she was so passionate with Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, she released 5 singles with videos for each, considering it was not selling very well! Shame she didn't bother making videos for the other singles in her current era! :-? :-?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun January 18th, 2015, 14:10

Seven singles are impossible! I think she was so passionate with Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, she released 5 singles with videos for each, considering it was not selling very well! Shame she didn't bother making videos for the other singles in her current era! :-? :-?
    I didn't feel any passion in the videos for HATEU and IWTKWLI though.
    They ruin the song for me, so I forgot they were ever made.

Legend
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

by » Sun January 18th, 2015, 14:12

Quote Originally Posted by intosoul
    I didn't feel any passion in the videos for HATEU and IWTKWLI though.
    They ruin the song for me, so I forgot they were ever made.
    Well, she was really passionate in promoting it, she's not passionate (or didn't look passionate) in acting in them. The fake stadium in "I Want to Know What Love Is" is so terrible, I don't want to be reminded of that mess either!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Sun January 18th, 2015, 14:22

She should update the compilation with every song in duet with two new songs.
    It makes sense.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Mon January 19th, 2015, 01:32

I really hope it's not just another "greatest hits" with some IDJ songs!

I want her to re-do #1's (this time with all 18). That's it. Add a new song and keep it on one disc. If you want two discs then buy the current greatest hits package. #1's was and should always be One Disc!

Legend
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

by » Mon January 19th, 2015, 06:51

Quote Originally Posted by sethno
    I really hope it's not just another "greatest hits" with some IDJ songs!

I want her to re-do #1's (this time with all 18). That's it. Add a new song and keep it on one disc. If you want two discs then buy the current greatest hits package. #1's was and should always be One Disc!
    i'd agree,, but it's hard when you have 18 number #1 singles. For the Beatles it's easier to get all of their 20 #1's on one disc since they have many #1's which run less than 3 minutes. #1's had 18 songs on it, including 5 (new) ones + without you. So, she may have indeed only space for 1 new track this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Mon January 19th, 2015, 07:35

and read that mariah can return to sony, I'm not so happy but anyway, and also e read that LA REID want mariah make an album of duets, WTF no no nooooo, that alone would destroy her career, she needs to experiment with sounds the art of letting go, meteorite, thirsty and YDKWTD, which make a We found love, who has support of his discography, great marketing and promotion and great videos but an album of duets not at all, I hope that is false and hope in her next album mariah work with Azaelia banks, drake, gambino childest.