Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mariah Carey - #1 To Infinity

Legend
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

by » Mon January 19th, 2015, 10:39

Quote Originally Posted by RatedMC
    and read that mariah can return to sony, I'm not so happy but anyway, and also e read that LA REID want mariah make an album of duets, WTF no no nooooo, that alone would destroy her career, she needs to experiment with sounds the art of letting go, meteorite, thirsty and YDKWTD, which make a We found love, who has support of his discography, great marketing and promotion and great videos but an album of duets not at all, I hope that is false and hope in her next album mariah work with Azaelia banks, drake, gambino childest.
    lol, going back to sony is the best thing she could do, unlike DJ, sony is known to promote even the tiniest bit.. so, anything is better at this stage than DJ who abandoned MIAM at the end of 2013.

+ a duets album... Mariah will never agree to that, unlike it is something amazing. I guess people were as sceptic in 1994 when sony wanted her to release a christmas album - an idea which Mariah did not like nor support from the beginning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Mon January 19th, 2015, 12:07

I do not agree, RCA is a billion times worse than great Def Jam, the good thing mariah be sony will want to have the same musical and commercial level butterfly and rainbow that would be, and they'll want to mariah have new number one, the album of duets hope it's fake, that would be worse than glitter and Charmbracelet but does well decay as an artist, I hope to experiment with sounds, I would like to return to the times of rainbow, butterfly or TEOM or create a new era and has a unique promotion, which only Mariah could have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Mon January 19th, 2015, 12:14

So if I like that mariah release seven singles as TEOM or butterfly and the choice of singles is correct please! She needs to sell albums marketing and advertising and promotion obviously, people need to know that mariah going to make an album, also she can not stop collaborating with rappers because she made it up and put it so (it was not blondie) but to elect the drake correct, azaelia, kanye, childest, 4 okay, I have several theories Me I Am Mariah I think they had another record made but the poor reception of triumphant cancel everything, but still do not know why no they released the album in 2013. mariah well I hope to recover and that his next album band from 4 -6,000,000 copies and have at least 4 hits.

Legend
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)

by » Mon January 19th, 2015, 12:19

RatedMC - please stop typing your posts completely in bold.

Legend
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Mon January 19th, 2015, 12:35

She will never do a duets album, mainly because that's the kind of album older artists make, like Tony Bennett, Reba McIntyre and Barbra Streisand. She will not want to be associated with the veterans. Mariah will always long to associate herself with the mainstream young crowd.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

by » Mon January 19th, 2015, 12:45

For all I care, she can stop experimenting w/Meteorite sounds.
    One of my least fave tracks from MIAM :-?
    Yes to T, YDKWTD and even TAOLG.
    Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

by » Mon January 19th, 2015, 13:11

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    She will never do a duets album, mainly because that's the kind of album older artists make, like Tony Bennett, Reba McEntire and Barbra Streisand. She will not want to be associated with the veterans. Mariah will always long to associate herself with the mainstream young crowd.

I agree, though.
    Haven't been early since '88

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

by » Mon January 19th, 2015, 19:03

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    She will never do a duets album, mainly because that's the kind of album older artists make, like Tony Bennett, Reba McIntyre and Barbra Streisand. She will not want to be associated with the veterans. Mariah will always long to associate herself with the mainstream young crowd.
    For some reason, I get the feeling that has changed and she wants to make the transition to an adult veteran who is cementing a legacy. That's the impression I get from this project/show and the rumours of a return to Sony. I think her chart performance in recent years would push her in this direction too. There's a reason these veterans are still maintaining a level of success.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon January 19th, 2015, 20:41

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    Such a shame the last album bombed after the amount of time it took to be released, there was some really great stuff on there. Mis-management yet again.

At this stage in her career, the residency and this album are probably the smartest move.
    Agreed.

Her most beloved music is in the past. A residency is consistent, good NEW income and keeps her in people's minds while a re-release of her #1s with the new #1s added is a GREAT benefit!
    I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Manager
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

by » Mon January 19th, 2015, 20:53

I'm really excited for this era. This could easily outsold MIAM with good promotion. But it's such a shame MIAM bombed, it's up there with Butterfly, TEOM and Daydream in terms of quality.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Tue January 20th, 2015, 15:33

I think it's time to start cementing the legacy and transitioning into the veteran legend category. She let go on her last album. She finally said goodbye to current pop star success (in more ways then one). And now it's time to be the legend she deserves to be and earned the right to.

Re-releasing #1's (on ONE disc) and reminding everyone of her greatness in the past, signing with SONY and LA Reid to really manage the successful transition and promoting properly will all the the keys to success this time around and for a constant future.

In the future I can only see one veteran act exciting people with NEW music and that's Madonna.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue January 20th, 2015, 15:49

Quote Originally Posted by sethno
    In the future I can only see one veteran act exciting people with NEW music and that's Madonna.
    Don't forget Mariah Carey composes her own music. It's like breathing for her.

I don't think she will ever stop releasing music. You are talking about the woman who released 14 (!) studioalbum within 25 years.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Tue January 20th, 2015, 16:40

True! But it's not up to Mariah. It's up to what the public wants. If they only want classic Mariah then there's not much she can do to force new music onto them. What if her next new studio album sells less then MIAMTEC? Eventually she'll stop. So I think now is a good time to transition and just sing the hits. Build a fanbase all over the world with touring the hits and then maybe one day release something new. but to just keep releasing new album after new album at this point would do more harm then good imo.

Quesion, Would you rather Mariah include the original 'Thank God I Found You' on the new #1's album or the Remix?

I personally want the original because the remix album already has the remix version. Plus the original one's track time is shorter so it would flow better.

Also as a cool promotional idea for the album she should book 18 different promo appearances on different shows (Ellen, Tonight Show, The View, The Talk, Katie, etc..) and sing a different #1 on each show! It doesn't have to be anything spectacular like Vegas will look like but just to remind people of the voice and the classic songs. It would help sell the album and the Vegas tickets.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

by » Tue January 20th, 2015, 18:20

Quesion, Would you rather Mariah include the original 'Thank God I Found You' on the new #1's album or the Remix?
    The original. Putting the Fantasy remix on the first #1s was already annoying enough.

Legend
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Tue January 20th, 2015, 18:54

I don't think she will have that much promo with this on TV. She'll probably do the same promo Britney did, like having a Vegas welcome and that's it. Additional expected promo we could get would be a performance on Good Morning America show, which she always does.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    The original. Putting the Fantasy remix on the first #1s was already annoying enough.
    +1

I think she should definitely put the versions that got to #1 and not the remixes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sat January 24th, 2015, 06:55

I think for the next studio album (after # 1) I think it will reinvent itself, musically and also his image, I think you will want to find another sound rihanna type, ariana type (the sound of ariana is mariah so is that is, Miss MC) I think it will be a very commercial album and quality, I think you will want to experiment with sounds, and I'm sure it will not delay the album and it will be an incredible marketing, and also that will have a big promotion, I am 100% sure that ca to get back to business that Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel and Me I Am Mariah did not quite go shopping for anything and I am also sure she will look for more numbers one some at least to tie or surpass jhon paul and ringo, and will work with new producers and praise forever.

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

by » Sat January 24th, 2015, 07:28

The remix. The original one was gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Legend
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Sat January 24th, 2015, 08:51

Quote Originally Posted by RatedMC
    I think for the next studio album (after # 1) I think it will reinvent itself, musically and also his image, I think you will want to find another sound rihanna type, ariana type (the sound of ariana is mariah so is that is, Miss MC) I think it will be a very commercial album and quality, I think you will want to experiment with sounds, and I'm sure it will not delay the album and it will be an incredible marketing, and also that will have a big promotion, I am 100% sure that ca to get back to business that Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel and Me I Am Mariah did not quite go shopping for anything and I am also sure she will look for more numbers one some at least to tie or surpass jhon paul and ringo, and will work with new producers and praise forever.
    She always delays the release of her album, that's always the case with Mariah.

Legend
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

by » Sat January 24th, 2015, 17:59

I think this is a great idea, hopefully she'll release a new single that does well.

Not here for her putting Remixes on this though.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Sat January 24th, 2015, 18:01

Quote Originally Posted by ThaInfo1
    And?? who do you will be buying this album?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat January 24th, 2015, 20:30

Quote Originally Posted by IrishLamb
    LOL !!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

by » Sat January 24th, 2015, 20:42

Quote Originally Posted by IrishLamb
    You have a point there.

- Ugh, those feels again

Legend
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

by » Sun January 25th, 2015, 00:45

The original TGIFY is amazing. Totally 10/10 pop tune. BUT that REMIX is pure brilliance.. and the video.. 10038464527291/10

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun January 25th, 2015, 12:00

I never got into the remix of TGIFY

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

by » Sun January 25th, 2015, 20:23

Quote Originally Posted by intosoul
    I never got into the remix of TGIFY
    You flopping on me sis.

I could never get into the original version. The remix and that sample is everything.

- Ugh, those feels again