0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 25th, 2016, 09:36

Quote Originally Posted by JimJim
    just improve the graphics and engines each generation.
    Mario Kart, Pokemon, Smash Bros, Kerby, etc.. in one sentence!

I wouldn't call gimmicks innovative, plus the wii u was jumping on the tablet bandwagon, and it flopped because nobody wanna look at 2 screens at the same time, it was a very bad idea

there's really nothing wrong with sticking with traditional controls, wanna be creative? how about giving mario and link a break, and stop cashing in on nostalgia

anyway, glad that mess is fake
    I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Legend
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 26th, 2016, 08:05

Fair call, but I meant more the hardware. I have no doubt in my mind that Nintendo are terribly guilty of clinging onto their existing AAA IP and all three companies are guilty of unnecessary ports/remakes.

I mean, what new IP have Nintendo really launched or even tried other than Splatoon?

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed April 27th, 2016, 08:23

The next generation of #Nintendo is coming March 2017! #NX https://t.co/u4KFIRJedw
    the new Zelda will be a launch title (still getting a wii u release)

+

Nintendo CEO: NX won't simply replace 3DS and WiiU
    yeah right, like how the DS wasn't replacing the gameboy

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed April 27th, 2016, 10:30

I'm really glad they kept the name! NX definitely stuck with the public and it does have a certain amount of edge to it. I hope it replaces the Wii U!

Horrible decisions for Zelda though. Yet another pushback for a dual release that proved ultimately a bad idea when it came to Twilight Princess.

Legend
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed April 27th, 2016, 12:00

I don't know how this NX console will be, but I'm so excited as Nintendo announced Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem for iPhone (October, 2016). I think this new strategy will allow them to get more funds and invest on better video games, and promote the new NX properly and don't let it die like they did with Wii U.
    BLΛƆKPIИK is the revolution

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu April 28th, 2016, 10:42

Quote Originally Posted by JeyBeMust
    I don't know how this NX console will be, but I'm so excited as Nintendo announced Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem for iPhone (October, 2016).
    not just for the iphone, smartphones in general

I hate Animal Crossing, but I can tell that it will be huge, it makes so much sense as a mobile game. Fire Emblem is more up my alley, unless it's a watered down 'mobile version'

Legend
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri April 29th, 2016, 23:14

I am totally against these mobile games :x
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Legend
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue July 26th, 2016, 17:12

Nintendo NX is a portable console with detachable controllers

Nintendo's upcoming NX will be a portable, handheld console with detachable controllers, a number of sources have confirmed to Eurogamer.

On the move, NX will function as a high-powered handheld console with its own display. So far so normal - but here's the twist: we've heard the screen is bookended by two controller sections on either side, which can be attached or detached as required.
    Then, when you get home, the system can connect to your TV for gaming on the big screen.

A base unit, or dock station, is used to connect the brain of the NX - within the controller - to display on your TV.

For more on the console's power, Digital Foundry has a deep-dive look at the chip Nintendo has chosen as the centrepiece of NX, according to numerous well-placed sources: Nvidia's powerful Tegra mobile processor.

NX will use game cartridges as its choice of physical media, multiple sources have also told us.

Considering NX's basis as a handheld first and foremost, the choice may not come as too much of a surprise - although we have heard the suggestion Nintendo recommends a 32GB cartridge, which is small when considering the size of many modern games.

Naturally, we expect digital game downloads will also be available. We were told Nintendo considered but then decided against making a system which supported digital downloads only.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... ontrollers
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat July 30th, 2016, 19:33

mmmmm I'm not too sure how I feel about that to be honest. I would've preferred a console that would compete with xbox and ps.... if they just gave up then they might as well just do games like SEGA and sell toys and amiibo. it's kinda weak and gimmicky as usual

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu October 20th, 2016, 15:18

FUCK it looks AMAZING, they've changed the industry yet again
    BS:TS:IA:NM

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu October 20th, 2016, 16:22

Someone change the title of te the thread to Godtendo Switch

This is why you stick with Nintendo, they always end up slaying the game!

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu October 20th, 2016, 16:42

Alternate control (not in the initial bundle)

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu October 20th, 2016, 16:53

Genuinely revolutionary.

And this is coming from a Nintendo sceptic for the past few years now. So impressed!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu October 20th, 2016, 17:17

It's definitely interesting but in the end just another gimmick! I'll still be buying it though! They've said already though that the processing power etc won't be on par with other gen 4 consoles and more inline with gen 3, which is disappointing, it could be the go to console if it was atleast on par with the PS4 or Xbone.

Nevertheless less I'm excited to see what it's like, I've got the last few Nintendo consoles bar the new 3DS, and I look forward to getting this too..... when the price has dropped significantly

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu October 20th, 2016, 17:25

Quote Originally Posted by Storyteller
    It's definitely interesting but in the end just another gimmick! I'll still be buying it though! They've said already though that the processing power etc won't be on par with other gen 4 consoles and more inline with gen 3, which is disappointing, it could be the go to console if it was atleast on par with the PS4 or Xbone.

Nevertheless less I'm excited to see what it's like, I've got the last few Nintendo consoles bar the new 3DS, and I look forward to getting this too..... when the price has dropped significantly
    I heard it was more powerful than the PS4 and Xbone?

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu October 20th, 2016, 20:08

Nintendo is definitely aiming for the casual gamer, that person who is busy, and just wants to come home and play and throw a party and have group of friends playing along Mario Kart or Mario Party - that's why graphics and the whole gaming geek thing is just not gonna happen here...
    Underpowered? For sure, they've always come last in the graphics section starting with the Gamecube - I do wish they would work more on that as well ... but this is no gimmick... I don't see the gimmick at ALL... The Wii and Wii U had that, now in this new console, they're merging both their markets - home consoles and mobile - in 1 device and I think that's amazing!!!
    You like home gaming, you got that here...
    You like mobile gaming, you got that here...
    I'm impressed with the trailer! It clicks exactly where it needs to click - a casual gaming experience, which can be improved for hardcore gaming as well when connected to the doc!

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu October 20th, 2016, 20:53

Good to see Nintendo can have balls, at times. This is revolutionary indeed - but kind of risky. Hope it pays off with big hits like Zelda, Mario and Pokemon !

Legend
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri October 21st, 2016, 07:56

It's interesting in that it's both the successor to the Wii U AND the 3DS. The latter is notable, because games (like Pokemon) that were previously handheld only will now also inherently be home console as well.

What's particularly interesting is that for their portable console it's a huge leap graphically, whilst probably not so much for the home console - hopefully equivalent to PS4. The ability to even have Wii U level graphics at a portable level is awesome.

The third party support is the absolute make or break for Nintendo and luckily it looks like it's solid. Even having the Skyrim port like PS4/XBONE for launch is a good sign at a move to more serious gaming.

What I'm particularly interested in is how good the battery life when it's in portable mode. Surely it can't be much more than 3-5 hours and even then, can a USB port likely re-charge it?

Legend
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri October 21st, 2016, 10:07

Nintendo focusing all of their resources on a single platform would be awesome. I mean, 3DS sales + Wii sales will only translate into more companies supporting the system. Third party studios avoided Wii U due its low performance, but I have a feeling that Nintendo Switch could be a big deal. At least the concept looks terrific on than trailer.

Anyway, it is too soon to speculate. Once we know the CPU power, battery, price and game catalog we'll figure out If Nintendo is mad or is a genius.
    BLΛƆKPIИK is the revolution

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri October 21st, 2016, 17:42

I like the practical application, but the graphics look terrible.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri October 28th, 2016, 19:13

The actual screen of this is 720p... more details to be given in January 13th .... next year

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat October 29th, 2016, 11:44

I held off on buying a Wii U because they "announced" the system ages ago, so I will probably end up buying this (need dat Mario Kart) - but this is coming across as a bit of a jack of all trades at the moment.

I need to see more.
    Stand wipers unite!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat October 29th, 2016, 12:04

Quote Originally Posted by Airwrecka
    I like the practical application, but the graphics look terrible.

The games were added post production so they're not actually running on the switch's you see on the trailer
    BS:TS:IA:NM

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat October 29th, 2016, 13:23

I'm gonna buy it cause I need mariokart in my life. The trailer made me really excited.
    They really need to branch out their games though and make them less kiddy. The original marioparties for example are really cool. The last ones on the other hand... made for toddlers. Add to that an improvement of online options. Especially for a console that is practically built on the philosophy of (couch) multuplaying.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal"
    Last.FM
    Instagram