Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ciara ~~ Jackie Tour

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Tue March 31st, 2015, 18:00

JACKIE TOUR

LOS ANGELES, March 31, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Grammy award winner, Ciara will embark on a U.S. tour in May. This marks her first live concert tour in over six years. The first leg of the tour will make stops in 18 major cities beginning May 3 in Chicago and continuing to May 31 in San Francisco. A second leg of the tour is pending announcement.

A unique Direct to Consumer site will launch giving fans the opportunity to pre-order the Jackie album and received a special access code to purchase concert tickets beginning April 1 at 10am, before they go on-sale to the public.

Ciara has teamed up with Live Nation and Yahoo Screen to live stream her May 9th concert from Silver Spring, MD. This is as part of a program that provides one live stream concert a day for 365 days on the Live Nation Channel on Yahoo Screen. Fans will have the freedom to stream the concert for free wherever they are through the Yahoo Screen App for iOS and Android, on connected devices including Apple TV, Roku, XBox, Tivo and at http://screen.yahoo.com.

Ciara's is set to release of her 6th album, Jackie on Epic/Sony Music Entertainment in May.

Source
    Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
    and you are no exception

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Tue March 31st, 2015, 18:02

This will be Ciara's first tour for such a long time! I really can't remember her touring 4 real 6 years ago, that would've been during the Fantasy Ride era, and while she was travelling the world performing - I never considered it a real tour! It's time that she comes to Europe as well, there's so many countries which are starving for her!!!!

AND YES! This promo pic is deliciousness!!!

Luc

and you are no exception

Legend
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Wed April 1st, 2015, 13:41

I love everything about this era! She looks gorgeous!

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Thu April 2nd, 2015, 23:32

UK date??

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Fri April 3rd, 2015, 11:46

Quote Originally Posted by MusicJunk90
    UK date??
    Only US dates as for now, check the opening post!

Anyone from UKMIX who's attending any of the shows above?
    Luc

and you are no exception

Manager
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

by » Sat April 4th, 2015, 19:57

I'm going on May 9th Already bought the tickets

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Wed April 15th, 2015, 10:51

Quote Originally Posted by Washingtonian25
    I'm going on May 9th Already bought the tickets
    Oh, lucky you! I've been a fan since 2004 and she's never come anywhere close to where I live! I bet she will this time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciara
    Atlanta and Chicago Are Sold Out On The #JackieTour! Yay!! Today's A GREAT Day!!
    OK then!
    Luc

and you are no exception

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu April 16th, 2015, 19:48

Quote Originally Posted by Ciara
    Atlanta and Chicago Are Sold Out On The #JackieTour! Yay!! Today's A GREAT Day!!
    OK then!

Legend
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

by » Thu April 16th, 2015, 21:39

Excellent!!!
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sat April 18th, 2015, 13:12

So happy for her, she deserves sold out places and her fans to see her finally!!
    I'm curious about the tracklist , especially about how many songs is she going to perform from the previous albums, I'm referring to the ones that didn't do so well.
    DANITY KANE

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon May 4th, 2015, 10:24

Quote Originally Posted by LJC123
    Some insta vids from first night of her tour...

The one-on-one dance that guy is so lucky!!

https://instagram.com/p/2PwWL9D7uI/

https://instagram.com/p/2PorY-ws0_/

https://instagram.com/p/2P1J4ZElse/

The guy taking the video 'F**k him up Ciara'
    The fact that she did I RUN IT!!!!!!!!!

Luc

and you are no exception

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Sat May 9th, 2015, 12:59

STREAM TONIGHTS SHOW

At 8 PM ET tonight you can stream the Jackie tour! Which means that I'll be up all night, that is around 2AM here! Ready!!!
    Luc

and you are no exception

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat May 9th, 2015, 13:02

I was out last night, and I have plenty things to get done this weekend, so I can't stay up tonight Hopefully it will be uploaded somewhere afterwards!

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Sat May 9th, 2015, 13:03

Ciara's First Tour in Six Years Is a 'Body Party' to Be Reckoned With:
    Live Review by Billboard

4 out of 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by Billboard
    Ciara has always been slightly outside the pop mainstream -- an R&B princess who never ascended the throne. But with six albums under her (eternally stylish) belt, there's no doubt that CiCi's been working. The proof was in the crowd at Tuesday's show in New York (May 5), the second stop on her Jackie tour.

Young, old, gay, straight -- every possible demographic was represented in the full house at Best Buy Theater, from the people who were 1, 2 stepping to a burned CD in 2005 to the ones who had maybe gotten a little scandalous to "Body Party" at their first high school dance. Make a crowd wait six years for your live show (her last American headlining dates were alongside Jay Z in 2009), and you can almost guarantee enthusiasm. The crowd, primed for the performance by the venue's limited edition "Turn it Up" cocktails ($12), started chanting "Ci-a-ra!" after waiting for just 10 minutes.

She kicked off her set with a nod to both her ATL roots and contemporary hip-hop with a few Migos-flow laden #bars over "Jackie (B.M.F.)," smoothly transitioning into a perplexing but ultimately endearing "All Day"/"Oh" mashup (she's hip, ok?). From that point on, though, contemporary hip-hop took a backseat as the set played to CiCi's strengths.

First things first: Ciara knows how to put on a show. After 12 years in the business (a number she mentioned during the show with just a hint of real disbelief), she's fully capable of giving the audience what they want and will bend over backwards (sometimes literally) to do so. Her Jackie tour is a theater-sized set-up with arena ambitions: a full band that sounded consistently stellar, three backup singers, two back-up dancers, and full choreography. The only time you missed the JumboTron was when Ciara was dropping it low (which, to no one's surprise, happened fairly frequently) -- otherwise, the stage felt like a good fit.

No Ciara song has ever been about her voice, breathy and eternally competent as it is. Rather, they're about the words she says in that voice, and what she's doing while she says them. Her best songs are on the just-barely-proper-side of scandalous, brought over to an R-rating by her impossibly swiveling hips. Those songs -- which arguably peaked with Mike WiLL Made-It's "Body Party" -- are also best suited to her voice, which eternally sounds like she's straining, ever so slightly, to do...something (winks, nudges etc).

The same held true live -- vocally, "Promise" and "Body Party" were the night's highlights, upping the ante with ad-libs that were about as close to deep as Ciara ever gets. Though often accused of hollowness, it mostly seems like the singer's been at this so long that even her stage banter sounds like a studio voiceover: "There's no way I could lie to you," she told the adoring crowd, "because the love you give is so true." She's never going to be a soul-searcher, and that's ok -- it's possible put on a good performance without being musically transcendent, it just takes a lot more work.

Work she did -- moonwalking across the stage to "Billie Jean," pulling out all the stops for an on-stage lapdance (she literally pulled the guy's glasses off and wore them, like some teen movie nerd's fantasy), even leading her band in a few James Brown-style hits. Her cover and mashup choices might have looked corny on another singer, but how is it possible to resist Ciara swinging her imaginary lasso to a combination of "Ride" and Ginuwine's "Pony"?

Her stage presence is humble and sweet, every sultry stare eventually crumbling into a smile. She sang back-up to her back-ups as they showed off their vocal prowess and stepped aside while her dancers improvised, all with the kind of genuine encouragement that only a mom could give (her speech about her "little juicy man" -- Baby Future -- was undoubtedly the evening's emotional peak). "Go on baby, show 'em what you got," C eventually said to every single person on stage.

At least onstage, Ciara has little to prove. A couple more studio turns with Mike WiLL and a full embrace of her female Barry White potential? She might just have a shot at the crown.
    Luc

and you are no exception

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Sat May 9th, 2015, 13:04

Quote Originally Posted by emilhot
    I was out last night, and I have plenty things to get done this weekend, so I can't stay up tonight Hopefully it will be uploaded somewhere afterwards!
    Oh yeah, that's right! Fingers crossed for your exams mate! I hope they'll upload it too!
    Luc

and you are no exception

Manager
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

by » Sat May 9th, 2015, 14:53

Btw, I can't believe she didn't include at least some of these songs:

1. "Overdose" (!!!!!!!)
    2. "Love Sex Magic" (wtf-at least in medley?)
    3. "Work"

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat May 9th, 2015, 16:22

Quote Originally Posted by Vindrag
    Oh yeah, that's right! Fingers crossed for your exams mate! I hope they'll upload it too!
    Thanks Vin! Do you still study too? If so fingers crossed for your exams too!

Manager
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

by » Sat May 9th, 2015, 16:46

How many family member does she have. A tour seems a bit ambitious

i kid. i saw her at Alubra when she came here... she is soo hot
    Forever Young

The Diva
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

The Diva
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

by » Sun May 10th, 2015, 09:32

Opened with BMF

The Diva
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

by » Sun May 10th, 2015, 09:38

'I Run It' aka the lap dance. Her moves are impressive but this was just a cheap Janet Jackson to me I'm afraid

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun May 10th, 2015, 09:41

A replay of the show just started online: https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/ciara

The Diva
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

by » Sun May 10th, 2015, 09:55

A replay of the show just started online: https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/ciara

Guess I won't be going to the gym this morning

1. Jackie (BMF)
    2. Oh
    3. That's How I'm Feeling
    4. 1, 2 Step
    5. Stuck On You
    6. Dance Like We're Making Love
    7. Cherish The Day (Sade cover)
    8. Promise

EDIT: I've found the full setlist online, so I guess I don't need to keep posting

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun May 10th, 2015, 11:06

Loved the concert! It must have been quite an event in real life Washingtonian25!