User Tag List

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 485

Thread: Billboard Magazine PDF Archives

  1. #376

    Join Date
    22 Nov 2013
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  2. #377

    Join Date
    06 Sep 2014
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 08-04-17, 01:17

    Quote Originally Posted by Borobear
    This is what I have :

    TW LW Title
    1 1 CHIC - Le Freak/I Want Your Love/Chic Cheer
    2 3 PEACHES & HERB - Shake Your Groove Thing
    3 2 VILLAGE PEOPLE - Cruisin' (All Cuts)
    4 4 EDWIN STARR - Contact
    5 5 THE RAES - A Little Lovin' (Keeps The Doctor Away)
    6 12 VOYAGE - Fly Away (All Cuts)
    7 7 CERRONE - Je Suis Music/Look For Love
    8 16 GLORIA GAYNOR - I Will Survive/Substitute
    9 11 SARAH DASH - Sinner Man
    10 10 ALICIA BRIDGES - I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)
    11 9 MELBA MOORE - You Stepped Into My Life
    12 14 BIONIC BOOGIE - Hot Butterfly (All Cuts)
    13 13 BETTYE LaVETTE - Doin' The Best I Can (Remix)
    14 6 JAMES WELLS - My Claim To Fame/True Love Is My Destiny
    15 17 FIRST CHOICE - Hold Your Horses
    16 18 AMANT - If There's Love
    17 8 DONNA SUMMER - McArthur Park Suite
    18 20 CHERYL LYNN - Got To Be Real
    19 21 LORRAINE JOHNSON - Feed The Flame/Learning To Dance All Over Again
    20 19 CHANSON - Don’t Hold Back/I Can Tell
    21 23 THE THREE DEGREES - Giving Up, Giving In/The Runner
    22 15 TASHA THOMAS - Shoot Me (With Your Love)
    23 24 GENE CHANDLER - Get Down
    24 26 THP #2 - Tender Is The Night (All Cuts)
    25 25 DAN HARTMAN - Countdown/This Is It/Instant Replay
    26 22 JOHN DAVIS & THE MONSTER ORCHESTRA - Ain't That Enough For You
    27 30 PAM TODD & THE GOLD BULLION BAND - Baise Moi (Kiss Me)
    28 27 FEVER - Standing In The Shadows Of Love
    29 36 DOLLY PARTON - Baby I'm Burnin'
    30 28 MIDNIGHT RHYTHM - Workin' & Slavin' (I Need Love)
    31 34 PARADISE - Dance/Poinciana
    32 33 KAREN YOUNG - Bring On The Boys/Baby You Ain't Nothin' Without Me
    33 35 BONNIE POINTER - Free Me From My Freedom
    34 40 ARPEGGIO - Let The Music Play (All Cuts)
    35 29 PATTIE BROOKS - Our Ms. Brooks (All Cuts)
    36 37 CHARO - Ole, Ole
    37 -- DIANA ROSS - Livin' Lovin' Givin'/What You Gave Me
    38 38 ALEC COSTADINOS - The Hunchback Of Notre Dame
    39 -- GONZALEZ - Haven't Stop Dancing Yet
    40 32 CHAKA KHAN - I'm Every Woman

    How I miss the discomusic.com forums that use to list these and the Record Mirror Disco Chart

    Thank u so much borobear!

    I didn't have nothing from that week (23/12/78)!

    Now, I will complete my dance charts!

    But, if somebody have the full disco action charts form that week (with the 15 charts around the US discos), please, share with me!!!!

  3. #378

    Join Date
    17 Aug 2014
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 08-04-17, 07:49

    @Borobear, Gore101

    The National Disco Action Top 40 chart for Dec. 23, 1978 posted by Borobear is INCORRECT. I went back to my original Billboard collection and did a comparison.

    The correct chart, as published in Billboard, is (diffences in bold):

    TW LW Title
    1 1 CHIC - Le Freak/I Want Your Love/Chic Cheer
    2 3 PEACHES & HERB - Shake Your Groove Thing
    3 2 VILLAGE PEOPLE - Cruisin' (All Cuts)
    4 4 EDWIN STARR - Contact
    5 5 THE RAES - A Little Lovin' (Keeps The Doctor Away)
    6 12 VOYAGE - Fly Away (All Cuts)
    7 7 CERRONE - Je Suis Music/Look For Love
    8 16 GLORIA GAYNOR - I Will Survive/Substitute
    9 11 SARAH DASH - Sinner Man
    10 10 ALICIA BRIDGES - I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)
    11 9 MELBA MOORE - You Stepped Into My Life
    12 14 BIONIC BOOGIE - Hot Butterfly (All Cuts)
    13 13 BETTYE LaVETTE - Doin' The Best I Can (Remix)
    14 6 JAMES WELLS - My Claim To Fame/True Love Is My Destiny
    15 17 FIRST CHOICE - Hold Your Horses
    16 18 AMANT - If There's Love
    17 8 DONNA SUMMER - McArthur Park Suite
    18 20 CHERYL LYNN - Got To Be Real
    19 21 LORRAINE JOHNSON - Feed The Flame/Learning To Dance All Over Again
    20 19 CHANSON - Don’t Hold Back/I Can Tell
    21 23 THE THREE DEGREES - Giving Up, Giving In/The Runner
    22 15 TASHA THOMAS - Shoot Me (With Your Love)
    23 24 GENE CHANDLER - Get Down
    24 26 THP #2 - Tender Is The Night (All Cuts)
    25 25 DAN HARTMAN - Countdown/This Is It/Instant Replay
    26 22 JOHN DAVIS & THE MONSTER ORCHESTRA - Ain't That Enough For You
    27 30 PAM TODD & THE GOLD BULLION BAND - Baise Moi (Kiss Me)
    28 28 MIDNIGHT RHYTHM - Workin' & Slavin' (I Need Love)
    29 36 DOLLY PARTON - Baby I'm Burnin'
    30 32 CHAKA KHAN - I'm Every Woman
    31 34 PARADISE - Dance/Poinciana
    32 33 KAREN YOUNG - Bring On The Boys/Baby You Ain't Nothin' Without Me
    33 35 BONNIE POINTER - Free Me From My Freedom
    34 40 ARPEGGIO - Let The Music Play (All Cuts)
    35 38 ALEC COSTADINOS - The Hunchback Of Notre Dame
    36 37 CHARO - Ole, Ole
    37 -- DIANA ROSS - Livin' Lovin' Givin'/What You Gave Me
    38 39 BARRY WHITE - Your Sweetness Is My Weakness
    39 -- GONZALEZ - Haven't Stop Dancing Yet
    40 27 FEVER - Standing In The Shadows Of Love

    I expect some educated guessing was done for the lower positions of the chart that Borobear posted, but not fully correct.

    I will try and upload a picture of the complete page 70 of Billboard later this weekend.

    Please share complete Disco archive!

  4. #379

    Join Date
    25 Sep 2015
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 08-04-17, 11:00

    Apologies for that. I don't know what happened there. I got the 1970's charts from various sources and normally note that a chart place was unknown or was a (in this case a poor) educated guess.

    Thank you very much for pointing this out and providing the correct chart.

    I would also be very interested in this archive!

  5. #380

    Join Date
    14 Mar 2017
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 08-04-17, 17:51

    Quote Originally Posted by Borobear
    Apologies for that. I don't know what happened there. I got the 1970's charts from various sources and normally note that a chart place was unknown or was a (in this case a poor) educated guess.

    Thank you very much for pointing this out and providing the correct chart.

    I would also be very interested in this archive!
    I think we all would be interested.

    So add me to the list of those who would like to see it

  6. #381

    Join Date
    26 Jan 2011
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 09-04-17, 07:39

    Amazing archive, thank you so much for it!

  7. #382

    Join Date
    06 Sep 2014
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 09-04-17, 22:12

    Thanks Borobear and RonnieV, for share this chart with us!

    RonnieV, I will be so glad if you do the upload of that page (page 70) with the complete disco action charts (the top 40 and the 15 charts around the us discos)....


    Thanks so much!!!!

  8. #383

    Join Date
    17 Aug 2014
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  9. #384

    Join Date
    22 Nov 2010
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 10-04-17, 16:11

    Fairly sure nobody has this but I thought I'd ask anyway....

    I'm looking for scans of the Country andR&B singles charts from billboard for August to November 20 1961. None of the sources I can find have them, including the billboard Google scans or the resources here.

    Any ideas?
    I have them from the Digital libraries. We can exchange charts if someone wants a chart that is not available anywhere. Right now I have the complete Billboard scanned charts from the beginning (in high resolution).

    For instance, I have the first Hot 100 chart which is not available on the American Radio Site (the issue is there, but the chart is missing). Also the Billboard charts from 1934 to 1942 etc.

    You might interested in Variety weekly Top 50 Box Office charts from the 1960s, 1970s etc. I got them. I know that many people are looking for them. Also the annual issues with the Year-end Top 200 Box office charts (with grosses) and the old film grosses that are not available on the American B.O. sites. Most of them have film grosses only from 1980 to the present (with limited data prior to 1980).

    The complete Cash Box issues are available on the Internet archive now. That means that my books with the Cash Box charts will be available for free after the 1st of July 2017. There's no point to continue to sell them, right?

    Eventually, I will do the same for the Billboard chart book collections. The British chart scanned pages are a different matter.

    So if you are looking for a rare scanned page from any magazine just PM me. We can exchange scans. I'm planning to do a digital museum of magazines. I will upload many magazines, not just for music and films. For instance, I have the complete Playboy issues from 1953 to the present in high resolution, many old Rolling Stone issues (from 1967) and the complete DC and Marvel comics from 1938 and 1961 respectively (comics are in .cbr or .cbz format, not in PDF).

    These are exciting times for us, the book and magazine freaks!

  10. #385

    Join Date
    06 Sep 2014
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-04-17, 11:47

    Thanks so much Borobear!

    Please, do you have too the issues from:

    16/january/1988;

    04/june/1988

    15/may/1999;

    02/december/2000.


    I need the breakouts for dance club songs and dance singles sales from that issues. They are printed in the same page, at the bottom at the charts

    They are missing on the issues on americanradiohistory.


    Thank you!

  11. #386
    Manager
    Join Date
    20 Jan 2004
    Location
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Posts
    2,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  12. #387

    Join Date
    25 Sep 2015
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-04-17, 12:39

    Sorry I don't have any 80's charts

  13. #388

    Join Date
    26 Jan 2011
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-04-17, 13:12

    When "Hits of the World" started to be published on Billboard Magazine?

  14. #389

    Join Date
    06 Sep 2014
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-04-17, 22:45

    Mario, thank you so much for the prints!!!!


    Anybody have the 1999 and 2000 issues?

  15. #390

    Join Date
    01 Apr 2015
    Posts
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 13-04-17, 02:54

    Quote Originally Posted by Gore101
    Mario, thank you so much for the prints!!!!


    Anybody have the 1999 and 2000 issues?
    They are at http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Bil ... gazine.htm with all issues available.

    Also Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media and quite a few more music titles.

  16. #391
    trebor's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    01 Aug 2014
    Posts
    13,868
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 13-04-17, 13:36

    @radiodavid has made a major update:
    "Billboard" 2012 & 2013
    "Music & Media" 1987


    Thank you very much, @radiodavid! (I trust I can speak for us all here)

  17. #392

    Join Date
    06 Sep 2014
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 13-04-17, 18:29

    Quote Originally Posted by radiodavid
    Quote Originally Posted by Gore101
    Mario, thank you so much for the prints!!!!


    Anybody have the 1999 and 2000 issues?
    They are at http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Bil ... gazine.htm with all issues available.

    Also Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media and quite a few more music titles.


    Hi David!

    They aren't!!!

    From that issues, I need just the top 5 breakouts for dance club and dance single sales, at that time, they were printed some pages before the Dance Club and Dance Single Sales, on dance section of the mag....

    The issue from 15/may/1999 are missing some pages, from 27 to 29, the breakouts were printed in some of them pages...

    The issue from 02/dec./2000 are missing pages 39 and 40, where the breakouts were printed....

    Thanks!

  18. #393

    Join Date
    01 Apr 2015
    Posts
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 13-04-17, 20:39

    Quote Originally Posted by Gore101
    Quote Originally Posted by radiodavid
    Quote Originally Posted by Gore101
    Hi David!

    They aren't!!!

    From that issues, I need just the top 5 breakouts for dance club and dance single sales, at that time, they were printed some pages before the Dance Club and Dance Single Sales, on dance section of the mag....

    The issue from 15/may/1999 are missing some pages, from 27 to 29, the breakouts were printed in some of them pages...

    The issue from 02/dec./2000 are missing pages 39 and 40, where the breakouts were printed....

    Thanks!
    Click on the "year" header above the weekly issue lists. The charts are in a separate file. The person I acquired the 1980 to 2010 issues from had kept the charts separately and did not want to give me the files, so I scanned them by hand at his home. At some point, I will find a volunteer who will put the pages back into the individual magazines to make them complete!

  19. #394

    Join Date
    06 Sep 2014
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-04-17, 01:24

    Quote Originally Posted by radiodavid
    Quote Originally Posted by Gore101
    Quote Originally Posted by radiodavid
    Quote Originally Posted by Gore101
    Hi David!

    They aren't!!!

    From that issues, I need just the top 5 breakouts for dance club and dance single sales, at that time, they were printed some pages before the Dance Club and Dance Single Sales, on dance section of the mag....

    The issue from 15/may/1999 are missing some pages, from 27 to 29, the breakouts were printed in some of them pages...

    The issue from 02/dec./2000 are missing pages 39 and 40, where the breakouts were printed....

    Thanks!
    Click on the "year" header above the weekly issue lists. The charts are in a separate file. The person I acquired the 1980 to 2010 issues from had kept the charts separately and did not want to give me the files, so I scanned them by hand at his home. At some point, I will find a volunteer who will put the pages back into the individual magazines to make them complete!

    Thanks David!

    I found them there!!!!

    Thank u so much again!!!

  20. #395

    Join Date
    12 Feb 2016
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 18-04-17, 15:56

    by DarkDaughter » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:30 pm

    Oh England, My Lionheart

    This is a new line of e-books called “Hit Singles” or “Hit Albums”. Over 30 chart books covering numerous charts and music genres around the world. There are two editions for each book:

    The Heavy Edition (Complete Chart Hits, from Number 1 to Number 200, alphabetically by artist’s name)
    It is available to A&C subscribers.

    The Light Edition (Top Ten Hits only, alphabetically by artist’s name)
    It is available for free to everyone.

    Both editions are updated every year.

    I’m going to upload some of these books (the light editions) here. Here’s the first one…

    ---------------------------

    A Quick question, you mention about two different editions, one only available to A&C subscribers. ? I have had a look at the links included, but where's the subscribe part and how much is the subscription ?

  21. #396

    Join Date
    23 Nov 2008
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 19-04-17, 11:49

    Quote Originally Posted by travextina
    When "Hits of the World" started to be published on Billboard Magazine?
    First time Billboard called its international chart's page 'Hits of the World' is in the April 3 1961 issue, on page 10. Anyway the charts were there since 3 months. Cash Box magazine began to do the same in late 1959.

  22. #397

    Join Date
    26 Jan 2011
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 19-04-17, 12:14

    Quote Originally Posted by morganaeuropa
    Quote Originally Posted by travextina
    When "Hits of the World" started to be published on Billboard Magazine?
    First time Billboard called its international chart's page 'Hits of the World' is in the April 3 1961 issue, on page 10. Anyway the charts were there since 3 months. Cash Box magazine began to do the same in late 1959.
    Wow, I didn't know that. I'm working on a database chart for my country (Brazil) and i've been collecting all this charts from 1965-1979. Have you ever seen any Brazilian Chart on Cash Box? Thanks in advance.

  23. #398

    Join Date
    26 Jan 2011
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 19-04-17, 12:29

    June 28 of 1969 is unavailable. How can we report? Or is there someone here with another file for this date?

  24. #399
    Legend
    Join Date
    10 Jan 2004
    Location
    Long Island City/Queensbridge, New York
    Posts
    25,914
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 21-04-17, 20:09

    Record World magazine also published Brazilian charts back in the day in their international sections: http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Record_World.htm

  25. #400

    Join Date
    26 Jan 2011
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 22-04-17, 09:20

    Quote Originally Posted by LostAvenger
    Record World magazine also published Brazilian charts back in the day in their international sections: http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Record_World.htm
    Do you know when they had published? Maybe when they had started?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •