User Tag List

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: The Marvel Universe Thread (contains spoilers)

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue May 7th, 2019, 21:09

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I'm here for a Female Avengers movie.

I'm excited for Far From Home. I think it'll be tonally different from Homecoming given how much Peter has matured since then.
    Agreed. I love that the cast Spider-Man so young too, because there’s so much you can do with character development as he basically grows up in the role - Tom Holland was a teenager when he won the role and shot his first MCU movie, and if he’s around in 10 years he’ll be in his 30s.

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat June 8th, 2019, 15:32

So I really enjoyed Dark Phoenix and I really don’t think it deserves the horrid reviews it’s getting but I am a fairly big X-Men fan. However, it could have been SO much better. It came across as if Fox were already done with the franchise and couldn’t wait to get rid of it

Manager
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 10th, 2019, 12:32

Now I waiting on TV series about Loki. I like all movies with him. So complex and intryguing character

Tom Hiddleston is so hot in black, long hair, so beautiful man.
    Last edited by sonia85; Mon June 10th, 2019 at 12:40.
    R.I.P. Scott Walker (1943-2019)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 10th, 2019, 13:50

@jason2379 i'm going to see X-Men tomorrow night! good to know you enjoyed the movie, i felt really sad when i saw all those bad reviews...

On the other hand, @sonia85 i'm looking forward to the WandaVision series (i cried so much in Infinity War) the most in comparison to the other series Disney's going to give us!
    And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Manager
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 10th, 2019, 14:38

@GreekGeek Series about Wanda and Vision might be cool too!
    Last edited by sonia85; Mon June 10th, 2019 at 14:48.
    R.I.P. Scott Walker (1943-2019)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 11th, 2019, 20:42

Hey guys, i just returned home from the cinema and i don't ge tthe hate for X-Men: Dark Phoenix from either the critics or the fans. This movie got me chills at some points and i quite enjoyed it overall! To be fair, i don't think it's that bad as many state lately... I feel like it's cool to hate Fox at the moment and love Disney.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 17th, 2019, 12:57

I watched Dark Phoenix on Saturday night. I don't think it deserves all the negative reviews it's been getting. It's watchable, for sure. There are a couple of good set pieces.

To me, the problem with the Phoenix saga is that it's too big for a 90-120 minute film. I enjoyed it, but it's disappointing.

The Good stuff:
    * Sophie Turner was better than I expected, even if her face is digitally manipulated a lot of the time
    * Special effects were well designed, especially in space
    * Helicopter scene was a cool set piece
    * I heard they reshot the 3rd act with the train to include more characters. Loved this. Each character got their time to shine and without it, early appearances of Storm, Nightcrawler etc would have been an absolute waste of time

The Not-so-Good stuff:
    * This film version of Jean Grey is boring. Phoenix doesn't make her interesting. This should have been Part 1 & 2, with 1 focusing on JG and her backstory and ultimately becoming Phoenix before Part 2 focuses on the cosmic energy and corruption from the D'bari
    * Underbaked backstories for literally every character.
    * Villain was disappointing. Chastain is such an amazing actress and she was wasted on a character with underwhelming motivation and detail
    * Professor X has always been pompous. He was borderline intolerable here. I get the ego storyline but it didn't feel right to me
    * Incapacitating Quicksilver just so that they didn't have to write him into the train sequence? Lame.
    * Mystique? Nope.
    * So many characters had nothing to do here.
    * The absence of Logan was felt here.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Today, 12:21

After all these days have passed since i watched the Dark Phoenix, i still listen to the soundtrack every single day. It really sounds DIVINE.

Legend
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Today, 14:26

Great that Fox won't ever touch the X-Men again and that Marvel Studios have the rights to make it justice now.

Don't get me wrong there were a some great X-Men movies with Fox but they were losing it with the recent ones, they got burned out and it also sucked big time that Marvel Studios couldn't use the X-men because of them. Now that Marvel Studios and Disney have the rights for X-Men I'm excited to see what they will do in the future.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Today, 15:28

Here are some Marvel movies that I like so much.
    1.Avengers: Infinity War
    2.Spider-Man: Homecoming

I read lots of articles about them.https://comicyears.com/