User Tag List

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Universe Thread (contains spoilers)

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed October 29th, 2014, 00:50

Watch before its deleted. Scene from Age of Ultron between Cap and Tony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed October 29th, 2014, 00:53

Glad The Avengers goes for a more darker tone. The first one was way too light in my opinion. Interesting to see that Cap and Iron Man will fight each other in Cap 3.

I'm not really into the whole Marvel comic thing. But the progression is really nice in the cinematic world. Looking forward to all of these movies.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed October 29th, 2014, 11:06

It'll be interesting to see who turns against Iron Man after Age of Ultron. I know I'll be on Cap's side.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat November 1st, 2014, 11:02

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    It'll be interesting to see who turns against Iron Man after Age of Ultron. I know I'll be on Cap's side.
    The vibe I get from Age of Ultron is that everyone 'blames' Tony Stark for creating the monster that turns out to be Ultron. I'm certainly Team Cap, especially considering what a turd of a film Iron Man 3 was.

I also want Marvel to announce an E! Fashion Police special with Taneleer Tivan, Giuliana Rancic & Kelly Osbourne.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat November 1st, 2014, 11:12

From the clip between Cap and Tony:

Tony: Thor didn't say where he was going for answers?
    Steve: Sometimes my teammates don't tell me things. Kinda hoping Thor would be the exception.
    Tony: Yeah, give him time. We don't know what the Maximoff kids showed him.
    Steve: I don't know what she showed you, I just know it made you do something stupid. Earth's Mightest Heroes. Pulled us apart like cotton candy.
    Tony: Seems like you walked away all right.
    Steve: Is that a problem?
    Tony: I don't trust a guy without a dark side. Call me old fashioned.
    Steve: Well let's just say you haven't seen it yet.
    Tony: Banner and I were doing research...
    Steve: That would affect the team...
    Tony: ...that would end the team! Isn't that the mission, isn't that the "Why we fight?" So we can end the fight, so we can go home?
    Steve: Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time..?

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat November 1st, 2014, 13:50

Quote Originally Posted by kushi
    The vibe I get from Age of Ultron is that everyone 'blames' Tony Stark for creating the monster that turns out to be Ultron. I'm certainly Team Cap, especially considering what a turd of a film Iron Man 3 was.
    He does create Ultron so it's pretty much his fault and I don't think he'll get away with it. It'll be interesting to see if they dare make Tony Stark a villain in future films.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon November 3rd, 2014, 02:16

Well there are a few interviews going around stating the by the end of "AOU" The Avengers will be a different team.
    I'm guessing they're factoring in that they may not have Robert Downey Jr forever and the other heavy hitters like Thor and Cap either have their own film series or their contract only locks them in for a certain ammount of films.
    Adding Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to the mix is a start but with the universe expanding more and more in the next few years you never know who'll be Assembeling in upcoming films.
    Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon November 3rd, 2014, 02:24

Yeah that's what Kevin Feige said:

Kevin Feige has hinted that we are going to see an 'altered' Avengers line-up by the end of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

The first trailer for Age of Ultron dropped earlier this week, and it promises to push our heroes further than ever before.

And with the inclusion of some new faces, the team is going to look very different by the time the credits rolls on Age of Ultron.

Speaking to BuzzFeed, Feige said: "The Avengers films, ideally, in the grand plan are always big, giant linchpins.

"It's like as it was in publishing, when each of the characters would go on their own adventures and then occasionally team up for a big, 12-issue mega-event. Then they would go back into their own comics, and be changed from whatever that event was.

"I envision the same thing occurring after this movie, because the [Avengers] roster is altered by the finale of this film."
    I'm reading the Civil War comic at the moment.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat November 15th, 2014, 12:16

Daniel Bruhl (Rush, Inglourious Basterds) has been cast as the villain in Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War.

Marvel announced the casting, with Deadline following up that the actor is playing the villain in the film. The site adds that in addition to Chris Evans and Robert Downey, Jr. starring in the project as Cap and Iron Man respectively, and Chadwick Boseman making his debut as Black Panther, Sebastian Stan, Samuel L. Jackson, and Scarlett Johansson are all expected to reprise their roles as well.

“With Daniel's ability to deliver intense, nuanced performances, we knew we had found yet another great actor to share the screen with some of our biggest heroes,” said producer Kevin Feige.

Now the questions is, which villain is Bruhl playing…?
    Is Red Skull returning to the Captain America franchise?

I've also watched GotG again. I love the videos on youTube of Bradley Cooper recording the voice of Rocket which will be on the DVD/Blu Ray.

I also want to do naughty naughty things to Lee Pace, but also Brad of UKMIX.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat November 15th, 2014, 12:50

I really hope Marvel & Disney push for Ophelia Lovibond's portrayal of Carina in GotG to be nominated during awards season.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat November 15th, 2014, 12:52

Is Red Skull returning to the Captain America franchise?
    He's dead. I don't think he's ever going to be back.

This is new information.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat November 15th, 2014, 12:53

This is new information.
    I'll always have the Right to Dream.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat November 15th, 2014, 12:53

Glad I can always count on you to update me on the upcoming Marvel stuff and guys you wanna bang Kushi!!!!

I'm a huge fan of all things Marvel aswell.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat November 15th, 2014, 12:54

This is new information.
    I'll always have the Right to Dream.
    Yes, dream.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat November 15th, 2014, 12:58

Quote Originally Posted by Ewokguy15
    Glad I can always count on you to update me on the upcoming Marvel stuff and guys you wanna bang too Kushi!!!!

Huge fan of it all too.

Kidding aside tho, I loved Daniel Bruhl in Inglorious Basterds! One of my favourite films. The Marvel fanboys are frothing because apparently he was really good in Rush too, but I've never seen it.

I'm reading the Civil War comic atm, and trying to imagine how it will all play out on screen.

A slightly new trailer of Age of Ultron came out the other day with a few extra seconds of footage crammed in.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun November 16th, 2014, 01:15

What do you think of the civil war comics Kushi?
    I thought it was really well done in the comics. It was Epic. I just hope that they will do the storyline justice in the film. It will be annoying however that the FF won't be in it as they played a big role in the comics with civil war. Plus, I LOVE the scene where Sue saved caps side from the mad Thor clone.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat November 29th, 2014, 11:52

Potential Best Picture Oscar nomination for Guardians of the Galaxy?

Quote Originally Posted by joel77m77
    What do you think of the civil war comics Kushi?
    I thought it was really well done in the comics. It was Epic. I just hope that they will do the storyline justice in the film. It will be annoying however that the FF won't be in it as they played a big role in the comics with civil war. Plus, I LOVE the scene where Sue saved caps side from the mad Thor clone.
    I loved it. I know the Marvel Cinematic Universe is different to the comics, but I'm very intrigued to see how it plays out on screen, because so many of those key characters, like Spiderman, Sue and Johnny, won't be in this.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri December 5th, 2014, 13:42

Marvel confirmed its worst kept secret.

BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH TO PLAY DOCTOR STRANGE

enedict Cumberbatch has entered the world of the mystic arts.

The actor will star in Marvel’s “Doctor Strange,” scheduled to hit theaters November 4, 2016. The film, directed by Scott Derrickson with Jon Spaihts writing the screenplay, will follow the story of neurosurgeon Doctor Stephen Strange who, after a horrific car accident, discovers the hidden world of magic and alternate dimensions.

“Stephen Strange’s story requires an actor capable of great depth and sincerity,” said Producer Kevin Feige. “In 2016, Benedict will show audiences what makes Doctor Strange such a unique and compelling character.”

Cumberbatch rose to international prominence with his critically acclaimed turn as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s most famous creation in “Sherlock,” currently preparing its fourth season. The series’ most recent season earned Cumberbatch the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie in 2014, after winning the BAFTA/LA Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year in 2013.

Cumberbatch most recently starred in “The Imitation Game,” playing famed mathematician and logician Alan Turing, and will soon be seen in “The Hobbit: The Army of the Five Armies” as Smaug and the Necromancer. For the role of Smaug, Cumberbatch stepped into the world of motion capture to bring the dragon to life. He will next be seen in Scott Cooper’s film “Black Mass,” the story of Whitey Bulger coming to theaters next September, where he stars opposite Johnny Depp and Joel Edgerton.

The star’s other credits include the Academy Award-winning “12 Years a Slave,” “War Horse,” “Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy,” “August: Osage County,” “Star Trek Into Darkness,” “The Fifth Estate,” and “Parade’s End.” Benedict will be returning to the stage this summer in Hamlet at the Barbican with Lyndsey Turner directing. His last stage performance in Danny Boyle’s Frankenstein opposite Jonny Lee Miller awarded him the Olivier.

With “Doctor Strange,” Cumberbatch is just the latest actor to join the bold Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, introducing new heroes and continuing the adventures of fan favorites across multiple films.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri December 5th, 2014, 13:44

Chadwick Boseman on the Black Panther:

Variety has a series of Actors on Actors videos up for awards season, including a clip of Logan Lerman (Fury) chatting with Chadwick Boseman about his new role as Black Panther in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The segment includes a hint that he might be introduced in more than one movie before the solo film in 2017.

“There’s a director on the movies that I’m introduced, but not for ‘Black Panther,’” said Boseman. “Just being a part of that discussion is huge. You’re reading the comic books and you have ideas about how that’s gonna happen and you can discuss that.”

“Movies” being the operative word here. Although it was previously stated that T’Challa would make his debut in May 6, 2016?s Captain America: Civil War, the appearance of Andy Serkis playing what many believe to be Ulysses Klaw in the trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron, as well as the rumors of Vibranium playing a key role in that sequel’s plot, have many wondering if Boseman will indeed drop by in next summer’s blockbuster. It would certainly make more sense than having the ruler of Wakanda pop up in Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 or Thor: Ragnarok. His only other appearance in the MCU was a very subtle reference to Black Panther on a monitor at the end of Iron Man 2.

“I’m excited about it too!” continued Boseman. “Beyond excited, it’s like to the point where you feel numb and then your mind goes off into, ‘Ok, how do I achieve that?’ The great thing about it is that the actual character is unique in a lot of ways. I can’t think of another character that’s like the leader of a nation and is a superhero at the same time. There are a lot of different ways this story can go, ways that they can do it, so I’m really just excited about how it fits into the bigger picture of what Marvel is doing.”

Marvel Studios’ Black Panther solo movie is currently being written by Mark Bailey with a scheduled release date of November 3, 2017.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri December 5th, 2014, 15:36

I don't think Benedict is the right choice.

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun December 7th, 2014, 03:14

I don't think Benedict is the right choice.
    He is the right choice for just about everything, so that's saying a lot.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed December 10th, 2014, 20:48

Sony, Marvel Discussed Spider-Man Movie Crossover

Sony Pictures has considered partnering with Marvel and producing an animated comedy as it looks to revamp its big screen strategy for “Spider-Man.”

Details of the discussions are contained in e-mails to and from Sony’s motion picture chief Amy Pascal, which were released on the Internet by hackers this week.

The e-mails reveal extensive discussions between executives at Sony and Marvel owner Walt Disney, all the way up to their respective chief executives Kaz Hirai and Robert Iger.

In an Oct. 30 e-mail, Sony Pictures president Doug Belgrad tells Ms. Pascal about a potential scenario that would see Marvel produce a new trilogy of Spider-Man movies while Sony retains “creative control, marketing and distribution.”

In a separate e-mail, Ms. Pascal tells a business partner that Marvel wanted to include Spider-Man in its planned third “Captain America” movie.

Some fanboys have clamored for Marvel Studios, which producers the blockbuster “Avengers” and “Iron Man” films, to take back control of Spider-Man from Sony, which has a long-term license. Sony’s last Spider-Man movie, “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” received a mixed reaction from fans and modestly underperformed at the box office.
    The talks with Marvel eventually broke down and Sony is now planning to go ahead with its own Spider-Man slate, according to people familiar with the matter. As of late November, executives were planning a “Spidey summit” for January to discuss future plans.

Among projects in development are an animated Spider-Man comedy that would be produced by Chris Miller and Phil Lord, the team behind “22 Jump Street” and “The Lego Movie,” as well as previously disclosed Spider-Man spin-offs focused on villain team Sinister Six, super-foe Venom, and women from the webslinger’s life.

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed December 10th, 2014, 21:55

What I don't understand, is why isn't Sony BEGGING Marvel to use Spider Man in an Avengers movie.

Look at what The Avengers did for Thor, Captain A, and of course, Iron Man. The First two IM movies made 585m and 624m worldwide, respectively. Captain A and Thor made 371m and 449m, respectively.

Then The Avengers comes along and makes a stunning 1,519m!! This helped all participating heroes reach a new audience and gain new fans, which showed up in their BO grosses in a very major way. IM3 went on to make 1,215M WW, Thor 2 grossed 645m, and Captain A 2 pulled in a, not too shabby, 714m.

Captain America and Iron Man both nearly doubled their predecessors. Thor grew by almost 50%. So why doesn't Sony want a piece of that?

It's not like Spider-Man is too big to grow, the last one made "just" 709m worldwide. Clearly he could climb higher. Why does Sony not say, "Ok, you can put Spidy in CA3 if you give him a solid role in Avengers 3 as well"?

Honestly though, he probably don't even need to appear in an Avengers movie to to gain a lot of fans. Captains America 3 will probably do the trick. I mean really, a movie with Iron Man, Captain America, and Spider-Man is probably going to gross almost as much as The Avengers, if not well more.

They should be begging for this to happen. Right? Or am I going crazy again?

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed December 10th, 2014, 22:15

we dont know anything about the contracts between the two. they could stipulate what characters are allowed to appear where, who gets what share etc

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed December 10th, 2014, 22:40

But if Sony allow Spiderman to be used in a Marvel film, it does take away an element of creative control from Spiderman, because they're now somewhat dictated by what Marvel do with Spiderman in the MCU.

Sony don't know what to do with the character but don't want anyone to have it. I wouldn't be surprised if Spiderman disappears for a few years.