User Tag List

Thread: Peter Kay's Car Share

Legend
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sat April 25th, 2015, 16:37

On BBC iPlayer now - the whole series until Wednesday when BBC 1 starts to show it.

A comedy set almost entirely in a car with Kay and Sian Gibson playing supermarket staff sharing a car to work and back. Not as dull as that might sound. Kay and Gibson are two of the writers and Kay is the director. The first ep is just the two of them but it expands to include others (a great one with Reece Shearsmith) and also has the odd fantasy scene. Sian Gibson is the best and funniest female performance in years. The whole thing is by turns touching, sweet, filthy, charming and hilarious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p02pwj23

Legend
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun April 26th, 2015, 10:12

About time this was aired, it was filmed about 2 years ago!

I watched the first episode so far, not really that funny but definitely has its charm. Peter and Sian are best friends which explains the chemistry. I used to know Sian years back, great to see her in a lead role.

Legend
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon April 27th, 2015, 19:35

It gets funnier - the first ep is the least funny, more of a scene-setter. What was she doing when you knew her? Has she always been acting / writing? I asked her (rhetorically) on Twitter where she'd been hiding!

Legend
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Wed April 29th, 2015, 19:03

She was working with me in a call centre, she's always been acting and had lots of smaller parts over the years but this is her first lead role. She's known Peter since their college days and you can spot her in most of his early stuff including some episodes of Phoenix Nights. I know she had a baby as well, I think about 5 years ago?

Legend
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Wed April 29th, 2015, 21:19

Fascinating! I'll have to rewatch them! I've put this on Series Link on my TiVo, it's that good.