User Tag List

Page 762 of 1293 FirstFirst ... 2626627127527607617627637647728128621262 ... LastLast
Results 19,026 to 19,050 of 32302

Thread: The Random Thought Thread

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 09:20

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealest
    Bitches stay pressed
    I call em a space bar
    or panini, like hugo said once.

I sometimes wonder how does it feel like to listen to all these lyrics when you are a native speaker? Half of the stuff I stan for would be a hell naw in Serbian, like i.e. let me put my seed inside you, let me cum inside you from SZA's Love Galore, yet in English it sounds like art. Not to mention any song about the D etc. Must be a cultural thing, like, it fits the American culture etc, whereas in Serbia it sounds so eww and as if someone is trying to be all street.
    be kind to every kind

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 10:57

Some of you guys act like Madonna's having great success these days. Her album sales decline, she can't score a hit single and for the first time in ages, Madonna didn't have the top grossing female tour. Let's not downplay other artists just because they aren't performing as good as they used to be.

As far as sales go, Céline Dion is the most consistent diva. She has French and Canada markets to fall back to and those two markets will ensure she'll sell 500k of her next English album. Madonna won't score another 1 million selling album imo, her albums are frontloaded and she can't have hit songs to give the album legs anymore. Mariah has no one but herself to blame for the situation of her career. She was huge in Europe during Music Box era and if she kept on touring there, she could've guaranteed herself some success for her later albums. Janet is pretty irrelevant at this point, the only market she does good is America. She should focus on that market.

At the end of the day these ladies all had enormous success and longevity that acts like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga can only dream of.
    Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 12:32

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty
    Yo guys

I'm back! (again lol) I know I'm so in and out these days it's ridiculous but ya know, my life has been up and down what with the hit and run and all. But good news! I'm like 85% back to normal!!! I've been at physio since July and I can finally use my right arm again

It does ultimately mean I've wasted the entire second half of 2017 cos I couldn't work, but what can you do?

My 2018 is gonna be a lot better I just know it. Already got plans in place to go to New Orleans for Wrestlemania 34 so woo!

Also this place has changed a bit, quick reply box added since I was last here
    Welcome back sis

Legend
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 14:19

Janet's the most respected of those aging divas now

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 14:26

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    Celine Dion says Hii

Legend
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 14:43

She’s even less respected than Mariah.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 14:45

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    +1
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 14:55

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    Try google

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 16:09

+1

Superstar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 16:17

Celine and Madonna are the only ones that keep getting respect from the entire music industry these days. Celine for being such a professional with great image and public relations (plus everyone loves her voice) and Madonna for the Legend she is, every new girl in the industry kiss her ass, she enters a room and everyone stands up, and every year articles of her influence and legacy come out.

Some trolls on Instagram or Youtube don't determine which legends are respected in the industry or not, Madonna may receive a lot of hate on the internet, but the industry clearly has total massive respect for her (this woman was even inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame).
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 16:18

It's Celine and Madge and it's not even close.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 16:21

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfMe

PREACH!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 16:22

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy
    Some of you guys act like Madonna's having great success these days. Her album sales decline, she can't score a hit single and for the first time in ages, Madonna didn't have the top grossing female tour. Let's not downplay other artists just because they aren't performing as good as they used to be.

As far as sales go, Céline Dion is the most consistent diva. She has French and Canada markets to fall back to and those two markets will ensure she'll sell 500k of her next English album. Madonna won't score another 1 million selling album imo, her albums are frontloaded and she can't have hit songs to give the album legs anymore. Mariah has no one but herself to blame for the situation of her career. She was huge in Europe during Music Box era and if she kept on touring there, she could've guaranteed herself some success for her later albums. Janet is pretty irrelevant at this point, the only market she does good is America. She should focus on that market.

At the end of the day these ladies all had enormous success and longevity that acts like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga can only dream of.

Madonna is quite clearly far too busy counting her money from her last tour to care about whether or not she had a top grossing tour

She still has the record for highest grossing female tour, during which she played many stadiums. Last time she did not
    NO MEN IN ME.

Legend
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 16:22

That review of Loved Me Back To Life is a lot more generous than I'd be so I'll take it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 16:24

Metacritic doesn't mean anything for "respect". It just dictates a consesus of how good one specific album may or may not be. But it doesn't reflects the overall respect the artist receives in the music industry. I could provide you examples of less respected artists that have received higher scores on metacritic than those.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 16:27

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix
    I could provide you examples of less respected artists that have received higher scores on metacritic than those.
    Please do

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 16:29

Quote Originally Posted by DOSSOME
    I could provide you examples of less respected artists that have received higher scores on metacritic than those.
    Please do
    Britney's Glory received 71/100 on metacritic , she's definately less respected than Celine Dion is. Metacritic doesn't reflect respect, it just reflects critical feedback for one specific album.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 16:34

Janet is respected. She may not be blazing the charts but her legacy speaks for herself and every new Urban artist pays damn respect to her.
    You ain't gotta break down,
    YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
    ?

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 16:54

Please do
    Britney's Glory received 71/100 on metacritic , she's definately less respected than Celine Dion is. Metacritic doesn't reflect respect, it just reflects critical feedback for one specific album.
    So what criteria do you use to determine Respect?

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 17:32

So what criteria do you use to determine Respect?
    I think it depends because I feel like every musical genre has different meassures for respect, for example, if you want to gain respect in the hip hop community you gotta get street credibility, if you want respect in the Rock or Alternative world your talent is what matters ...... However in the Pop scene your reputation and longevity influence a lot in the amount of respect you may end receiving. Its not a coincidence that the divas that always get the most respect tend to have a perfect reputation in the way they've managed their careers (Beyonce, Celine, Adele, Madonna, etc). Longevity also seems to be a variant of respect in the pop world.

Celine builded her reputation all of these years, she was always professional, always slays on stage, her voice is still great, she doesn't have any scandal, she showed responsibility for her career and lasted long in the business, she can't go wrong and the music industry will always respect that, it doesn't matter what one critic review has to say, that respect just won't go away.

Madonna also builded a reputation as a powerful woman, she became an example of how to handle a career with extreme professionalism, creativity and high quality, she was controversial but was never involved in drugs or professional fiascos and in fact she represents responsibility, good handling and power, she always pulls amazing shows and tours and her skills took her to have one of the greatest longevities in the music business which brings her respect and reverence. People on internet may hate her but the music industry itself will always show respect to her no matter what.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 17:59

At the end of the day, Mariah and Janet definitely deserve more respect than they are given. Don’t care about the other bitches.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 18:08

they all deserve equal respect. Period.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-11-17, 18:11

Quote Originally Posted by BlankSpace
    they all deserve equal respect. Period.
    Nah.