Page 1476 of 1539 FirstFirst ... 4769761376142614661474147514761477147814861526 ... LastLast
Results 36,876 to 36,900 of 38461

Thread: The Random Thought Thread

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 00:03

Quote Originally Posted by heppolo View Post
    MTV usually put it quite late in the evening, it looked eerie on the old TV set.
    Well damn, that's a whole 'nother layer creepy.

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 01:57

Why am I addicted to 90 Day Fiance??

This show is addicting.
    Diva!!!

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 02:11

Quote Originally Posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
    Not really a surprise, by his own admission he loves to ride.
    LOL I know you hate me but this made me scream !

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 02:21

Quote Originally Posted by InFamous View Post
    LOL I know you hate me but this made me scream !
    I don't hate anyone here, it's just a forum about music and entertainment. This should be just for laughs for everyone.
    Happy to have given you a chuckle, that was the intention. #NoH8 #YouDoYou

Legend
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    The Queen. Period.

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 05:54

Quote Originally Posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
    I don't hate anyone here, it's just a forum about music and entertainment. This should be just for laughs for everyone.
    Happy to have given you a chuckle, that was the intention. #NoH8 #YouDoYou
    I would like to wish all the best to the lambs and Stream The Distance ( the best track on Caution)

Legend
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 07:24

The whole Epstein case is so sleazy & suspicious.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Manager
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 08:02

Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoney View Post

At least those songs were catchy, and didn’t incorporate a culture that has oppressed black people (and other people of color for that matter!) for hundreds of years!
    But Boo..
    country music has a long history of Black roots that are often overlooked. For that reason, we must take a look back at the ancestry behind not only the origins of the instruments, but also of the people who played them.

The banjo, similar to the Banjar played in Africa and was the foundation of early country music, was invented by enslaved Southern Blacks in the 1690s. The fiddle was an instrument also played by our enslaved ancestors after their white oppressors introduced it to them. Banjos were played on fields and plantations as “work music” and were often accompanied by field shouts and hollers, which over time transformed into Blues, R&B, and country music.
    And isn't it the point anyway? That today a young black gay man can just sing a country song and wave his middle finger to all those racist conservatives? And as a bonus is more successful with that than tgey ever were?What do you think about King's Daddy Lessons? Her performance at the CMA of it was also exactly to remind ignorant people of country music's black roots. I know you don't like him and that's your choice but isn't that the wrong argument for it?
    Last edited by BeeBoy; Tue August 13th, 2019 at 08:05.

Legend
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 08:53

Sis, did you really think I wasn’t aware of that already? In addition to being a proud and necessitated Black historian for y’alls forum, I lend a hand in preserving and protecting Black cultural heritage in real life. Rock music was also invented by black musicians and we all know what happened there. #thankyouverymuch

And as for King, Daddy Lessons was completely different because the Dixie Chicks were always much more forward-thinking than the average country act and was never about that redneck lifestyle. They were even persecuted by their own community at one point for the stupidest of reasons. So I had no issues with it.
    9/1/19 - A Date That Will Live In Infamy:
    Quote Originally Posted by ilearnedfromthebest View Post
    Just discovered We Belong Together and love it!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 08:58

Apart from the fact that Darius Rucker has recorded country music for more than a decade without anyone being bothered by the colour of his skin, I don't think that any recent musician got seriously dragged for the colour of his skin. It's basically down to the music and the thing is that most musicians of African American descent prefer urban music such as hip hop, R&B or soul. But why should the colour of your skin limit you in doing the music you like the most? I am a conservative and I don't mind a black person doing country music or a Hispanic person doing jazz or hip hop or whatever... Under one condition: The music is actually good.
    ~ representing the LBC ~

Manager
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 09:50

Sis, did you really think I wasn’t aware of that already? In addition to being a proud and necessitated Black historian for y’alls forum, I lend a hand in preserving and protecting Black cultural heritage in real life. Rock music was also invented by black musicians and we all know what happened there. #thankyouverymuch

And as for King, Daddy Lessons was completely different because the Dixie Chicks were always much more forward-thinking than the average country act and was never about that redneck lifestyle. They were even persecuted by their own community at one point for the stupidest of reasons. So I had no issues with it.
    I didn't put that there because I thought you didn't know that. I put it there that there to show that it isn just "incorporating a culture that has oppressed black people". I just thinkt that it is wrong to criticize a song for its genre when it is the point that it shouldn't be dominated by a certain demographic only. If you only talk about the featuring of Billy Ray then I don't know, he doesn't strike me as backwards thinking as supportive as he is towards Nas but whatever, that's not the pint I was trying to make.

^ @theMathematician :the condition doesn't make sense since music being "good" is subjective. Just because you don't like it they are not supposed to explore other genres? Who decides that?

Legend
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 10:01

The rock & metal music should have had much better representation. For example, Skunk Anasie deserved to be amongst the bigger grunge acts of the nineties, yet they didn't have that ultimate marketing push towards the stardom. And Skin as the frontwoman was the ultimate outsider in the outsider scene

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 11:44

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    ^ @theMathematician :the condition doesn't make sense since music being "good" is subjective. Just because you don't like it they are not supposed to explore other genres? Who decides that?
    Music is always subjective; that's clear. However, I feel like there are songs that, even if you don't like them, you can tell that they have a certain quality and that the musician really had a concept in mind that he wanted to realize. Those songs are the ones that stand the test of time. And then there are ones that are pure fast food and have no substance at all. I don't want to drop names, but especially in the hip hop genre, there are quite a few songs that are 'guilty pleasures' at best and not really Grammy material - to say it in a nice way.
    ~ representing the LBC ~

Superstar
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 15:14

Quote Originally Posted by theMathematician View Post
    I don't want to drop names, but especially in the hip hop genre, there are quite a few songs that are 'guilty pleasures' at best and not really Grammy material - to say it in a nice way.
    LOL what - why single out hip hop? I guess we're going to pretend we live in a world where bro-country wasn't a recent thing.

All genres have trash music.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 15:39

I used to be so freaked out by this music video when I was a child, when they played it on MTV.
    This girl looks like Slovenian singer from ESC 2019.
    My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 16:26

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrills View Post
    Definitely. It's my personal taste that I consider lots of hip hop songs lowlights and could name just a handful of highlights. But I'd understand if people said the same about country or so ;) .
    ~ representing the LBC ~

Legend
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 17:26

Quote Originally Posted by LastDreamer View Post
    This girl looks like Slovenian singer from ESC 2019.
    she kinda does

Legend
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 17:43

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrills View Post
    except for chalga.

Legend
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 19:52

The rock & metal music should have had much better representation. For example, Skunk Anasie deserved to be amongst the bigger grunge acts of the nineties, yet they didn't have that ultimate marketing push towards the stardom. And Skin as the frontwoman was the ultimate outsider in the outsider scene
    I prefer this version:

My Instagram... - Click here

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 20:46

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    I didn't put that there because I thought you didn't know that. I put it there that there to show that it isn just "incorporating a culture that has oppressed black people". I just thinkt that it is wrong to criticize a song for its genre when it is the point that it shouldn't be dominated by a certain demographic only. If you only talk about the featuring of Billy Ray then I don't know, he doesn't strike me as backwards thinking as supportive as he is towards Nas but whatever, that's not the pint I was trying to make.

Let us call this as it is. GoldMoney is just a pressed lamb who is butthurt over his faves co record being broken. He has literally been dragging Lil Nas like a broken record for the last two months. If this song had not blown up neither he or anyone else would have ever had an issue with it. And that's that on that.

Manager
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 21:56

Quote Originally Posted by InFamous View Post
    Let us call this as it is. GoldMoney is just a pressed lamb who is butthurt over his faves co record being broken. He has literally been dragging Lil Nas like a broken record for the last two months. If this song had not blown up neither he or anyone else would have ever had an issue with it. And that's that on that.
    Don't drag Goldboo with my posts pls. I don't participate in hate trains or fan wars. I was just trying to have a genuine discussion

Legend
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 22:17

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
    I prefer this version
    I like the edge of the original one, Edsilia is a great singer though.

Legend
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    My Instagram... - Click here