Thread: The Random Thought Thread

Legend
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Today, 14:55

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix View Post
    "Tarzan" had great animation but I thought the characters were weak and lacked charisma and that quite ruined it for me. However Tarzan changed the game for Disney and for the first time in years had NO characters singing the songs or any of the numbers (which was refreshing at the time for the franchise), instead the songs (written by the great Phil Collins) were played / used as background elements helping to narrate the story.
    Disney could never (master the art of italo disco)
    Waffles are checked cookies

Legend
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Today, 14:58

Quote Originally Posted by Erotica View Post
    Somehow. It's really hard to make a ranking, cause I like most of them. Others I would have liked to include were Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, Chicken Little or Meet the Robinsons for example, but also many more (Black Cauldron, Basil...)

I am not a big fan of the animation from Emperor's New Groove too, but I really like the movie itself.
    "Sleeping Beauty" is one of the huge classics and has great art direction but IMO the movie itself is quite overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by theMathematician View Post
    Does anyone on here like 'The Black Cauldron'? Certainly one of the darkest (and most underrated) Disney movies, I still feel like it combines fantasy elements with traditional Disney magic. Regarding live action movies, one of my favorites is 'Christopher Robin' because it's not solely retelling the 'Winnie the Pooh' story but leading it into a totally different direction. It's much more serious and therefore rather targeted at teens/adults who used to grow up with the story but still manages to retain some of the animals' legendary charm (esoecially Pooh snd Piglet).
    Glad you mention it, "The Black Cauldron" is perhaps the most infamous, underrated and obscure Disney animated film however I think it's pretty good, I just think people were not ready for it back then.

I wouldn't say it's Top 10 material or anything but it's better than several other Disney films.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Today, 15:50

I hate how they totally removed the Celine Dion/Martin Luther King day MADtv parody. There's only the audio.
    That skit was absolutely hilarious.
    The sexiest thing is trust....

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1

Legend
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)