Page 1001 of 1571 FirstFirst ... 50190195199199910001001100210031011105111011501 ... LastLast
Results 25,001 to 25,025 of 39263

Thread: The Random Thought Thread

  1. #25001
    aRat's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    06 Feb 2018
    Location
    Janet's neck
    Posts
    5,466
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

    by » Tue June 19th, 2018, 20:03

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne

    That's terrific news, John - really pleased for you and Justin!
    wow I could literally hear the british accent coming out of this post.
    The virtue of stanning talent & having qualitea taste: DUA LIPA ♪ RIHANNA ♪ MADONNA
    #NO DUSTY DIVAS ALLOWED

  2. #25002
    RayRay's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    15,314
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)

    by » Tue June 19th, 2018, 20:20

    That's great John! Hope you two will do it the way YOU both want. That way you can always look back without regrets.

    We had a small wedding too. Got married and had champagne in the townhall with everyone that had bothered to show up. Which was quite a lot! My husband worked at a restaurant at the time, so we made sure we had enough glasses without having to buy any.

    It was really lovely, with Mariah's Vision Of Love playing when we entered the townhall. And Madonna on our wedding invitation. It was all very "us". And we had everything partly in English (my husband is English) and partly in Dutch, so both our families could enjoy parts of the ceremony in their own language.

    Next we did a photoshoot with my brother and a friend, who are both great photographers.

    Then we met in a restaurant with 36 friends/family members that we had invited to have a three course meal together.

    So nothing big, nothing too expensive, but very personal and still one of the most cherished days of my life.
    My Instagram... - Click here

  3. #25003
    BodyShop's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    25 Feb 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
    Posts
    6,059
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 11:06

    I have just listened to Janelle Monae's Dirty Computer (I know ,too late to the party) and my jaw dropped.
    My God,what a fantastic album!
    "Slow Down ,Papi"
    "And Don't You Forget It , Chao, Papi"

  4. #25004
    AndiIversen's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 Mar 2012
    Location
    Gold coast / Chicago
    Posts
    18,495
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 16:08

    Congrats Nothing Fails!
    I was afraid you were gonna choose Crazy4u Lol
    I wish you all the best!

  5. #25005

  6. #25006

  7. #25007

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 21:48

    everything shes been doing lately tbh

  8. #25008
    BeeBoy's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    26 Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,815
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 21:50

    Going on tour and releasing a Joint album?

  9. #25009

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 21:57

    I think she's been better the past five years than ever before. Yea Single Ladies and Crazy In Love were great but I'm glad she continues to evolve and mature instead of trying to go back to the well for an easy hit single.

  10. #25010
    aRat's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    06 Feb 2018
    Location
    Janet's neck
    Posts
    5,466
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 21:59

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingFails
    I think she's been better the past five years than ever before. Yea Single Ladies and Crazy In Love were great but I'm glad she continues to evolve and mature instead of trying to go back to the well for an easy hit single.
    I can't spot any speck of maturity in the Bey-Z album...
    The virtue of stanning talent & having qualitea taste: DUA LIPA ♪ RIHANNA ♪ MADONNA
    #NO DUSTY DIVAS ALLOWED

  11. #25011
    Bellus's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Nov 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    11,222
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 22:32

    Quote Originally Posted by toni_pest
    everything shes been doing lately tbh
    She is so predictable these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoney
    So does her microphone

  12. #25012
    Hugo's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    40,830
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 22:41

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    Quote Originally Posted by toni_pest
    everything shes been doing lately tbh
    She is so predictable these days.
    This comment, only a few months after the world-shaterring performance at coachella, is not only wrong, it's ignorant.

    Tell me who's doing it after 20 years.
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

  13. #25013
    BeeBoy's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    26 Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,815
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 22:44

    No arguments for such things always confuse me

  14. #25014
    Hugo's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    40,830
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 22:47

    It's time for some people to realize they're not her audience anymore.
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

  15. #25015
    Goldmoney's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    01 Aug 2009
    Location
    aRatchet’s Hole
    Posts
    22,424
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 22:58

    If you ain’t ratchet, you ain’t gon understand it. She’s making music for her people now.
    29/3/2005

  16. #25016
    heppolo's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 May 2009
    Location
    interchangeable
    Posts
    27,019
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 23:03

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoney
    If you ain’t ratchet, you ain’t gon understand it. She’s making music for her people now.
    the only ratchet thing related to music
    Waffles are checked cookies

  17. #25017
    Rihab's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    19,164
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 23:25

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingFails
    I think she's been better the past five years than ever before. Yea Single Ladies and Crazy In Love were great but I'm glad she continues to evolve and mature instead of trying to go back to the well for an easy hit single.
    She literally just went from a multifaceted, genre-blending, tidal-exclusive, highly controversial and political album celebrating BLM and female empowerment to releasing a trap mumble rap album bragging about her wealth and success. Unlike its predecessor, it’s available on Spotify week 1. And it comes just months after DJ Khaled and Ed Sheeran collabos. Who are you trying to fool?

  18. #25018

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 23:34

    I don't listen to Ed Sheeran so that collab never happened

  19. #25019
    Hugo's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    40,830
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 23:34

    The fact that you said the album is trap mumble proves you didn't care to play it, thus making your point completely stupid. I'm disappointed.

    Because I do not like your fave, I don't check her stuff, therefore I lack the basis to pass judgement. Think about it.
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

  20. #25020
    DnBLover's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    21 Dec 2009
    Location
    PT-NO
    Posts
    15,209
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 23:37

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Because I do not like your fave, I don't check her stuff, therefore I lack the basis to pass judgement. Think about it.
    I think you would enjoy Anti if you didn't have the B-gobbles on. At least the first 8-9 tracks, the rest is not worth it.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

  21. #25021
    DnBLover's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    21 Dec 2009
    Location
    PT-NO
    Posts
    15,209
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 23:46

    Rihab, you're one of my favorite members here but you talking about Beyonce is not that different from hearing Hugo talking about Rihanna so...

    Love both of you tho.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

  22. #25022
    Hugo's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    40,830
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

    by » Wed June 20th, 2018, 23:49

    Everyone has someone or something they do not tolerate. Some prefer to annoy others who do enjoy with their "opinion", constantly. The GetBacks of the world who lack a life.

    I, on the other hand, lack the patience and time to force myself to it, so I opt for complete distance. I don't annoy anyone with it and I'm not annoying myself. This sentiment annoys a lot of people, although I have yet to understand why.
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

  23. #25023
    Rihab's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    19,164
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

    by » Thu June 21st, 2018, 00:14

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    The fact that you said the album is trap mumble proves you didn't care to play it, thus making your point completely stupid. I'm disappointed.

    Because I do not like your fave, I don't check her stuff, therefore I lack the basis to pass judgement. Think about it.
    Okay, maybe ‘mumble’ was a little exaggerated, maybe she just can‘t rap. But the album is more trap than anything else. The lead single is trap. And trap happens to be the current ‘hit‘ genre, so don‘t tell me she wasn‘t chasing hits and commercial success with this one.

    See at least I give Bey a chance every few years. I usually end up complaining afterwards (I didn‘t after self-titled), but at least I never ‘hate‘ for no reason.

  24. #25024
    Goldmoney's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    01 Aug 2009
    Location
    aRatchet’s Hole
    Posts
    22,424
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

    by » Thu June 21st, 2018, 00:28

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Because I do not like your fave, I don't check her stuff, therefore I lack the basis to pass judgement. Think about it.
    You know about Pon De Forehead tho
    29/3/2005

  25. #25025
    Rihab's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    19,164
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

    by » Thu June 21st, 2018, 00:43

    Quote Originally Posted by DnBLover
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Because I do not like your fave, I don't check her stuff, therefore I lack the basis to pass judgement. Think about it.
    I think you would enjoy Anti if you didn't have the B-gobbles on. At least the first 8-9 tracks, the rest is not worth it.
    The blasphemy! LOTB is track 11 and it‘s arguably the best thing she‘s ever done. :-?

    And I know for a fact that Hugo loves Bey‘s basic ballads like Sandcastles, so I don‘t see why he wouldn‘t enjoy Close to You. It‘s in no way inferior.

    Quote Originally Posted by DnBLover
    Rihab, you're one of my favorite members herebut you talking about Beyonce is not that different from hearing Hugo talking about Rihanna so...

    Love both of you tho.
    You know you‘re one of my favourites too.

    Hugo and me are like yin and yang. On the one hand we’re complete opposites, but on the other hand we’re also kinda similar (after all we both stan for strong black women) and interdependent. I mean imagine this place if one of us was gone and my Rih stanning or his Bey stanning went unopposed. It wouldn‘t be fun. Some days I even feel like we attract each other in some weird, non-sexual way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •