Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The LGBT Community

Legend
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

by » Mon June 8th, 2015, 18:38

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCrazy
    * I've also amended Serbz accidental typos.
    I was reading the quoted post and was like wow serby's spelling has improved so much, and then saw this + his original post

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

by » Mon June 8th, 2015, 18:50

Anyway, aaliyahman, funny (or weird), but Serbian word for a fag*ot is peder.
    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

by » Mon June 8th, 2015, 19:04

1. Homosexual people not supporting Same sex couples adopting = / = Homophobia
    2. Homosexual people saying Gays are sluts = / = Homophobia

I'm bisexual and while I agree same sex marriage should be legal EVERYWHERE, I personally don't support adoption. That doesn't mean I'm Homophobic for God's sake

About the "Bottom shaming" thing among the Gay community, I personally think it doesn't really have to do specifically with the sexual ortientation itself. Its just that some of them could be very effeminate and that generally turns off or annoys people in general. Its not a rejection towards the sexual orientation hence its not homophobia, its a rejection towards the way they act. I've observed and noticed that when the Gay guy is not effeminate, acts normal and is respectful he is completely accepted in the gay community and shows higher levels of acceptance or tolerance in the straight community than the ones that are fem gays.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

by » Mon June 8th, 2015, 19:04

i dont like the cristiano ronaldo type of male... like this super waxed, shining/oily body, tanning booth abusing, wet gel haired male.

gives me shivers.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

by » Mon June 8th, 2015, 22:52

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix
    1. Homosexual people not supporting Same sex couples adopting = / = Homophobia
    2. Homosexual people saying Gays are sluts = / = Homophobia
    Slut shaming is something different, you're right on that. But thinking that being sluts is a behaviour only relegated to your own community is a form of discrimination.
    Same goes for the adoption thing: I get that there are a lot of gays (not only them) who are against the social construction of family, but one can wish not to form one and still give others freedom to do it. If a gay man is against same sex adoption for himself, then good for him. Otherwise, it's still a form of discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix
    I'm bisexual and while I agree same sex marriage should be legal EVERYWHERE, I personally don't support adoption. That doesn't mean I'm Homophobic for God's sake

About the "Bottom shaming" thing among the Gay community, I personally think it doesn't really have to do specifically with the sexual ortientation itself. Its just that some of them could be very effeminate and that generally turns off or annoys people in general. Its not a rejection towards the sexual orientation hence its not homophobia, its a rejection towards the way they act. I've observed and noticed that when the Gay guy is not effeminate, acts normal and is respectful he is completely accepted in the gay community and shows higher levels of acceptance or tolerance in the straight community than the ones that are fem gays.
    One can be bottom and not be effeminate and vice versa. It's only a matter of gender roles, and what doesn't coincide with gender roles is stigmatized.
    The concept itself of being effeminate is only dictated by gender roles and doesn't make much sense to me, tbh. I get the fact that there are vulgar gays in the same way that there are vulgar straight people, but that doesn't have to have anything to do with sexual orientation. I have a very "effeminate" friend who's one of the best people I've ever known, and not the kind of trashy f****t that a lot of people have in mind when thinking about this category.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

by » Mon June 8th, 2015, 23:07

Quote Originally Posted by stevyy
    i dont like the cristiano ronaldo type of male... like this super waxed, shining/oily body, tanning booth abusing, wet gel haired male.

gives me shivers.
    Nor me. He's the human equivalent of a 'Ken doll' Far too plastic for my taste. But I know a lot of people who absolutely think he's a Greek God.
    It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
    But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon June 8th, 2015, 23:42

Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Actually, maybe it'S even better to be with a bi guy, cuz after kitty, they be apreciating peens even more.
    :-? That's a bit rude towards women Serby...
    I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Tue June 9th, 2015, 00:38

Quote Originally Posted by Madgefan

gives me shivers.
    Nor me. He's the human equivalent of a 'Ken doll' Far too plastic for my taste. But I know a lot of people who absolutely think he's a Greek God.
    Those types of guys aren't my bag either - I think they'd be too into themselves to ever love someone tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty
    Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Actually, maybe it'S even better to be with a bi guy, cuz after kitty, they be apreciating peens even more.
    :-? That's a bit rude towards women Serby...
    Yes can we not get into a kitty vs peen war here? (And yes, you are being a bit rude here Serbs. Whilst this site is predominantly full of gays, don't forget there are some women here & saying stuff like that is not very nice.)

IMO, all genitalia looks disgusting, regardless of whether it belongs to a man or a woman. Let's face it, it's not the most prettiest part of the body.
    Let's embrace the point of no return.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue June 9th, 2015, 00:52

Hey, Serby just meant that the variety involved makes the bi stuff more interesting, he could also have taken the other point of view, but he has taken his one. I did not read any downgrading of female genitalia.

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

by » Tue June 9th, 2015, 01:33

^ This. I obviously find male bits more beautiful estethically, maybe not even related to my sexuality.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

by » Wed July 15th, 2015, 14:58

I know it's not related to homophobia, but what do you guys think about discrimination against HIV-positive people?
    I started thinking about it after a friend's friend discovered he's positive, and I wonder if I would ever have a relationship with an HIV-positive person. I still haven't made up my mind about it tbh.

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

by » Wed July 15th, 2015, 16:22

In theory, yeah, it's not THAT spreadable and all, but in real life, I'm just way too cautious to be with HIV pos person. I also feel a bit bad writing this as you can never be safe or sure, it can happen to anyone, but I like to think that if I somehow manage to catch it even tho I never ever have unprotected interscourse, it must be cuz I'm super unlucky.

I'm not feeling that much sorry for people going around and barebacking all the time, tho and tbh, I'm waiting for that someone, for relationship so that I can finally have unprotected sex, so I guess that's also why I wouldn't be able to date hiv pos. Cruel, but it is so.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

by » Wed July 15th, 2015, 16:44

I guess it would need to be the love of my life (even though such a thing doesn't exist) for me to stay with him, but then again knowing how super defensive I am, just knowing it would make me uncomfortable and I doubt I would cope with that. And I feel so bad for saying it.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed July 15th, 2015, 16:51

I think I wouldn't be able to date a Hiv+ person as well.

Personally, I need to understand the circumstances.
    I know people that kind of search for that (there's also a documentary about gay men that search on purpose to get it), I meant people who go to battuage places or dark rooms and have unprotected sex with multiple people all the time...
    We're not on the 80's anymore, everybody knows the risks of having unprotected sex, to me health is more important than the desire of being a slut, there are already a lot of health issues in this world without searching for them.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

by » Wed July 15th, 2015, 17:12

Quote Originally Posted by Perzy
    I think I wouldn't be able to date a Hiv+ person as well.

Personally, I need to understand the circumstances.
    I know people that kind of search for that (there's also a documentary about gay men that search on purpose to get it), I meant people who go to battuage places or dark rooms and have unprotected sex with multiple people all the time...
    We're not on the 80's anymore, everybody knows the risks of having unprotected sex, to me health is more important than the desire of being a slut, there are already a lot of health issues in this world without searching for them.
    Idk, there are many ways to get it and one can always be unlucky (a broken condom, swallowing, etc.), but still those people that want to get it and make their lives even more difficult than they already are clearly have some kind of issue (since you are Italian, maybe you remember the HIV-positive character in "Le Fate Ignoranti"? He's pretty realistic IMO).

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed July 15th, 2015, 21:01

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfMe
    Idk, there are many ways to get it and one can always be unlucky (a broken condom, swallowing, etc.), but still those people that want to get it and make their lives even more difficult than they already are clearly have some kind of issue (since you are Italian, maybe you remember the HIV-positive character in "Le Fate Ignoranti"? He's pretty realistic IMO).
    Yes I know the movie, I got what you meant, for sure if it's an unlucky situation like the one that you described, I would perceive it in a different way because it's true that could happen to everybody.
    I'm honest, I think it will be always a problem to me, I woulnd't live the relationship from the sexual point of view in a 'good' way, I would be kind of uncomfortable with that, it's definitely not the best thing to say but it's the truth :-?

Legend
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

by » Wed July 15th, 2015, 23:43

who in his right mind would date a HIV positive guy.. when you are not HIV+ yourself? This has nothing to do with being homophobe or anti HIV+ people...(victims).. but it has to do with self-protection..afterall we are still talking about a deadly dicease. I can understand that love can lift u above the aids scare.. but that is a risk i am not willing to take for myself.

by » Wed August 12th, 2015, 15:20

who in his right mind would date a HIV positive guy.. when you are not HIV+ yourself? This has nothing to do with being homophobe or anti HIV+ people...(victims).. but it has to do with self-protection..afterall we are still talking about a deadly dicease. I can understand that love can lift u above the aids scare.. but that is a risk i am not willing to take for myself.

You can have safe sex with some who is HIV anyways..

You can have sex 100 times and only get the virus 3 times. So 3% chance of getting it anally anyways. it's not THAT easily transmitted.

The reason why gays have the stigma for HIV is that it's 1% rate with vaginal
    Forever Young

by » Sun August 16th, 2015, 01:40

Quote Originally Posted by Loveguru

You can have sex 100 times and only get the virus 3 times. So 3% chance of getting it anally anyways. it's not THAT easily transmitted.

If it is so hard to pass on then why do 1 in 7 gay men have it? Are they really having that much unprotected sex?

This is what scares me.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

by » Sun August 16th, 2015, 08:18

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo

If it is so hard to pass on then why do 1 in 7 gay men have it? Are they really having that much unprotected sex?

This is what scares me.
    Where did you take those statistics from? I'm just curious cause those estimates are really hard to calculate

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by » Sun August 16th, 2015, 13:24

Well, I too have a problem of dating someone who is HIV+.
    I'll be honest. I'm too obsessed about being healthy and I'm an extremely happy person that gets very depressed when he gets a cold.
    I'm a total baby when i'm sick.

So i've always been vert careful. But I'm not the kind of guy to have random hook ups etc. Like I've always been extremely monogamous (had a relationship from age 13-20, and 3 others since then and when I'm not in relationships I am not sexually active. More of a Friday night with Dominos and Golden Girls re-runs kind of gal I guess I'm truly husband material. That's what all my friends say. I'm the one they'll turn to marry when their 40. I hope to be settled wayyyy before that )

Anyway I digress...

But honestly there are other diseases you can get.
    Like I guess i got my payback for being so OCD about sex and many times not getting involved with people that I kinda liked and they liked me because I knew they were popular in town for sleeping with everyone and their friend, so karma came back to me 3 months ago when I got bitten by a deer tick in the Hamptons and now I'm fighting lyme disease.

So I think I learned my lesson to not be as judgemental.
    Some people may have gotten HIV+ in a one time incident.
    Yes lots of people are careless, but not everyone.
    HIV+ partners can take medications like PrED that will low their virus load, so it is even safer when you are in a relationship with them. And if the negative partner takes it too, it has even less chances of getting it.
    But I'd like this to be seen as "another layer of protection".

Unfortunately some in the community (in the US) are using it as a form of protection and going bareback with everyone.
    It doesn't protected you against other STDS...
    And condom should be always used brcause its the only one that protects to direct body fluid contact.
    PrED should be seen as the "backup protection you have taken" in case comdon breaks etc.
    “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

by » Mon August 17th, 2015, 03:00

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo

This is what scares me.
    Because when HIV started in was predominately in the gay community . the gay community itself was small so people rotated partners and didn't used condoms.

Right now the spread in the western world is not that bad
    Forever Young

by » Tue August 18th, 2015, 02:02

i don't like one kind of gay:

stereotype my cousin:

It's the "I am nothing else but gay-type" or "I define myself as nothing more as being gay, a minority, fighting for rights, i am disrespected and unjustly treated in all areas of my life type of gay". My cousin is not a human being anymore.. he is GAY.. and that is everything that he is. He is married, but kisses other people when he is in bars (like heavy kissing), he is a nurse and married but sleeps with patients (for which he has lost his job).. he is also doctor gay.. he sees the GAY in everybody.. like having a serious conversation with some guy and trying to convince him that he is also gay... he is also fighting a lot.. no his life is an endless fight.. he is discriminated against in all areas of his life.. even shopping.. why are there no pink shopping cards? DISCRIMINATION.. why do ppl have a different opinion than him on random every-day things? DISCRIMINATION.. so you dont agree with him that he does everything right in his life? DISCRIMINATION.

even my sole rather chilled, politically mute behaviour to increase gay awareness makes me (also gay) discriminate him.

there no other topics apart from him being gay one could discuss with him.. all he is interested in, is being gay.. it is everything.. it all he talks about, everything that matters in life and everyone better agrees on everything.. or else DISCRIMINATION.

seriously dude, you embarrass me.. i am not gay if it means to vanish as a person behind your sexual orientation.. for me this is just one little side of me.. i am so much more as a person than just being gay, even i get offended when i see him mouth-raping random ppl in public.. like seriously, i would be as embarrassed if it was a straight couple tbh.

this is a type of gay i cannot stand at all. It is great to talk about your sexuality like when ppl ask you.. and stevyy what about you.. any boyfriends on the horizon? or sth like that.. but i not forcing myself on EVERYONE i know. It is great to be able to demonstrate for more equality and be happy about the new pro marriage law in Ireland.. but give me a break for once.. i do march for equality but not everyday.
    This is brilliant and oddly hilarious. But i feel your pain and I know exactly what you mean. My best friend was that type and we parted ways because of it.
    It's like I'm kissing her too...She's perfect.
    Selena Gomez - REVIVAL