User Tag List

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 389

Thread: Apple Music & Beats 1

  1. #326
    KokoCollino's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Sep 2015
    Posts
    5,467
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 09-08-16, 19:01

    Quote Originally Posted by JeyBeMust
    I think that the Spotify "free tier" did an amazing job bringing people to the streaming world. But now that paying for Netflix, Apple Music or Spotify "paid tier" is so usual, they should limit the free suscriptions and add more benefits to the ones who pay every month.
    I'd say the better keep it for some time - there's still so many demographics that don't even know what it is

    Are those Glory news really reliable? Didn't Britney just add Apple into a Facebook post?

  2. #327
    JeyBeMust's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,617
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 09-08-16, 19:13

    Quote Originally Posted by KokoCollino

    I'd say the better keep it for some time - there's still so many demographics that don't even know what it is

    Are those Glory news really reliable? Didn't Britney just add Apple into a Facebook post?
    Some media told that Glory was an Apple exclusive but Britney tweeted that her new album would be available everywhere, so...

    What is true is that we'll receive one new song every week until the album comes out. Next Wednesday she will premiere "Clumsy"

  3. #328
    KokoCollino's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Sep 2015
    Posts
    5,467
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  4. #329
    Hugo's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    40,661
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-08-16, 21:30

    I got a macbook air 13', I'm now getting used to it. I've always used Windows, but I believe this will be great for school!
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

  5. #330
    KokoCollino's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Sep 2015
    Posts
    5,467
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-08-16, 07:10

    The closure of the SK iTunes store was declined by the way.

    http://uk.businessinsider.com/apple-has ... ing-2016-8

    Yes streaming is the future, but it's nonsense to close the iTunes store. There will always be enough people that like downloads, especially high quality downloads. iTunes already developed such a format (Mastered for iTunes), and they could start offering real 24bit etc. and sell it at a premium price.

  6. #331
    Hugo's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    40,661
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-08-16, 12:58

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    I got a macbook air 13', I'm now getting used to it. I've always used Windows, but I believe this will be great for school!
    Ok, I'm really enjoying it. I don't find it as intuitive as Win10, but it sure is fluid and fast as hell, pretty happy with it.
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

  7. #332
    JeyBeMust's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,617
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-08-16, 15:58

    Quote Originally Posted by KokoCollino
    The closure of the SK iTunes store was declined by the way.

    http://uk.businessinsider.com/apple-has ... ing-2016-8

    Yes streaming is the future, but it's nonsense to close the iTunes store. There will always be enough people that like downloads, especially high quality downloads. iTunes already developed such a format (Mastered for iTunes), and they could start offering real 24bit etc. and sell it at a premium price.
    I'm glad it is not true. I think that customers should have different options always and let people who enjoy buying an album keep doing so. What I'm afraid is that digital sales will become a residual percentage like vinyls or CD's in a few years.

    Apple should promote Apple Music spending big bucks, but not focusing on stealing clients to Spotify but adding new users that neither buy songs on iTunes nor use any legal streaming platform.

  8. #333
    JeyBeMust's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,617
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 22-08-16, 18:56

    Damn! I hate how Apple doesn't reveal daily updates and we cannot know which songs are a success or not. I want the real numbers like Spotify :evil: :evil:

  9. #334
    JeyBeMust's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,617
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 05-09-16, 17:59

    Hey guys, If you're using Apple Music this could be interesting for you

    "Apple Music gains discounted $99/year membership through new gift cards, effectively $8.25/month

    Apple Music just became more affordable for everyone. Apple stores and select retailers have rolled out a new 12-month Apple Music gift card, priced at $99. That comes out to $8.25 per month, which is about an 18% savings compared to the standard rate of $9.99. Or you could look at it like you’re getting about 2 months of service for free when you pre-pay for your upcoming year.

    The new gift card recently launched at Apple stores, but you’ll have to hit up another retailer if you’re looking to buy it online..."

    Source: https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/05/apple-mu ... embership/

  10. #335
    JeyBeMust's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,617
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 07-09-16, 19:42

    According to Tim Cook, Apple Music has already 17M paid subscribers around the world

    Source: Sept, 7th Keynote

  11. #336
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    17 May 2007
    Location
    Germany, NRW, in the middle of the Ruhrgebiet
    Posts
    1,693
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-16, 20:44

    So I have a question. I'm thinking about getting a new Ipod Touch with Apple Music and I have a few questions first.

    1. How bad does Apple Music exactly mess up the old library?

    2. So I have access to the whole Itunes store. Do I understand correctly, that I can add EVERY track to my library to listen to even in offline mode? That song appears in my Itunes just like a normal mp3 that I own?

    3. Does the synchronisation work properly?

    4. Whenever I add a song to my library, does it act just like a normal mp3 apart from being able to be burnt on cd or played on non-apple products? Like, does the playcount synchronise? When I listen to it 10 times, does the playcount say "10"? Or does that not work?

    I know it would be easy to just try it for three months, but the decision for a new Ipod is directly linked to these informations
    Many miles many roads I have traveled
    Fallen down on the way
    Many hearts many years have unraveled
    Leading up to today

  12. #337
    KokoCollino's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Sep 2015
    Posts
    5,467
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-10-16, 22:08

    Quote Originally Posted by JeyBeMust
    Damn! I hate how Apple doesn't reveal daily updates and we cannot know which songs are a success or not. I want the real numbers like Spotify :evil: :evil:
    They can't do it because they would never officially reveal such a big difference in streams against Spotify. Due to Spotify's free subscribers, they have waaay more streams.

  13. #338
    Rihab's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    18,624
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 05-10-16, 04:16

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBlitzkid
    So I have a question. I'm thinking about getting a new Ipod Touch with Apple Music and I have a few questions first.

    1. How bad does Apple Music exactly mess up the old library?

    2. So I have access to the whole Itunes store. Do I understand correctly, that I can add EVERY track to my library to listen to even in offline mode? That song appears in my Itunes just like a normal mp3 that I own?

    3. Does the synchronisation work properly?

    4. Whenever I add a song to my library, does it act just like a normal mp3 apart from being able to be burnt on cd or played on non-apple products? Like, does the playcount synchronise? When I listen to it 10 times, does the playcount say "10"? Or does that not work?

    I know it would be easy to just try it for three months, but the decision for a new Ipod is directly linked to these informations
    1. I personally didn't have any major issues, but I know other people did. In my case, it only 'split up' a few albums (e.g. I suddenly had two 'parts' of Alicia's 'As I Am' in my library, one with No One and Superwoman and one with the rest of the album). I believe this happened with albums where I bought the singles on iTunes and later imported the rest of the album from elsewhere. And some songs got duplicated or even triplicated for some reason (e.g. I got 3 versions of Alicia's 'Doncha Know' which definitely wasn't the case before), but that's all.

    2. I think so, or at least I don't know of any exceptions. You click '+' to add a song or a whole album to your library and a second later it pops up among your other music just like that. Then you can stream it or click on the cloud symbol to download it.

    3. Yes, add a song to one of your devices (Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc.) and it instantly shows up on all of them. Btw, this also works for music that you got from elsewhere cause it's not available on Apple Music. For example, if you import Miley's last free album, it'll upload it to the cloud so you can stream or download it on your iPod. You no longer have to actually connect to your Mac / PC via USB and 'synchronize'.

    4. Apple Music / iTunes Store files are in AAC, not MP3, but you won't notice a difference. You can't burn them on CD, but Apple Music is also available on PC / Android, so you ARE able to listen to your music on non-Apple products. I don't usually pay attention to playcounts, but I just played a song 3 times and the playcount increased by 3, so I guess it works fine. I'm not sure if playcounts synch from iPod to iTunes if that's what you're asking about.

  14. #339
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    17 May 2007
    Location
    Germany, NRW, in the middle of the Ruhrgebiet
    Posts
    1,693
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 05-10-16, 04:27

    Thanks a lot Rihab, seems like I'll be getting a new iPod and an apple music subscription soon
    Many miles many roads I have traveled
    Fallen down on the way
    Many hearts many years have unraveled
    Leading up to today

  15. #340
    JeyBeMust's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,617
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 05-10-16, 16:44

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBlitzkid
    Thanks a lot Rihab, seems like I'll be getting a new iPod and an apple music subscription soon
    You''ll love Apple Music. Its simplicity is stunning, you stop worrying about everything, that song is good? You add it, this it it. With iOS 10 you'll be able to read the lyrics too, is really convenient.

    Also, I have a "The 100 most played songs" list and I love how the playcount works perfectly, even between the iPhone and the Mac.

  16. #341
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    17 May 2007
    Location
    Germany, NRW, in the middle of the Ruhrgebiet
    Posts
    1,693
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 11-12-16, 23:27

    So, can anyone help me with this? I got Apple Music yesterday and it doesn't really work the way I want it to be. It is still in the middle of fusing my library and the cloud, I have already added two albums to my cloud from Apple Music and the synchronization with the MP3s is done. Now it won't synchronize properly. It doesn't change the play count the way it should. I listened to a song three times and it only showed "1", all the other songs weren't even changed at all. So what's the problem? Anybody got an idea? Is iTunes confused because there are some songs on the iPod from my hard drive( which are also in the cloud because I had to add them) and some as streams?
    Many miles many roads I have traveled
    Fallen down on the way
    Many hearts many years have unraveled
    Leading up to today

  17. #342
    JeyBeMust's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,617
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 12-12-16, 00:21

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBlitzkid
    So, can anyone help me with this? I got Apple Music yesterday and it doesn't really work the way I want it to be. It is still in the middle of fusing my library and the cloud, I have already added two albums to my cloud from Apple Music and the synchronization with the MP3s is done. Now it won't synchronize properly. It doesn't change the play count the way it should. I listened to a song three times and it only showed "1", all the other songs weren't even changed at all. So what's the problem? Anybody got an idea? Is iTunes confused because there are some songs on the iPod from my hard drive( which are also in the cloud because I had to add them) and some as streams?
    I'm always checking how many times I played an album/song and yeah, sometimes when I use my iPhone, iTunes (on the MacBook) don't show the real number, but waiting a couple hours normally do it.

    I've been using Apple Music since the very beginning and I hated how my local library mixed with Apple Music's library so I deleted all of my songs, even the ones I bought on iTunes. Now I have a 9,9999% of Apple Music library and I only add manually the ones that are not on the platform. Is an inconvenience but is the only way the service works properly

  18. #343
    JeyBeMust's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,617
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 03-03-17, 19:41

    PRIME MOVER: AMAZON'S STREAMING GAINS

    "Amazon Music Unlimited has gained 2% marketshare in the streaming racesince last the week of 9/29. We analyzed the top 25k streamed songs at each of the top five accounts, and found that in the last six months, the e-tail giant's service has not only remained the #3 streamery but has moved up from 6-8% marketshare. It was the only service to make an appreciable gain in share during that interval. One likely contributor: the advent of voice-activated gizmo Echo, which became available for the Christmas rush.

    Spotify, at around 64% at the end of September, was at 62% the week of 2/23; the Swedish firm, which just announced it has reached the benchmark of 50 million subscribers, remains the 800-lb. gorilla of the platform. Apple Music has remained steady at about 25%.Google Play Music (the audio service, not YouTube) has stuck around 4%, and Tidal at 1%.

    Perhaps most notably for the biz as a whole, the 25k songs from each account collectively increased to about 4.5 billion total streams, up almost a billion from 3.6b the week of 9/29."

    Streaming platforms marketshare
    Spotify: 62%
    Apple Music: 25%
    Amazon: 8%
    Google Play: 4%
    Tidal: 1%

    Source: http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=305223

  19. #344
    JeyBeMust's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,617
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 07-06-17, 09:51

    27 million subscribers!

    Take those $$$ music industry!

  20. #345

  21. #346
    JeyBeMust's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,617
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 27-06-17, 06:05

    STREAMS HIT BIG BENCHMARK

    "Through the first six months of 2017, Spotify and Apple Music have grown their combined total U.S. streams by 60%. When this week ends, the two leading streaming services will have delivered about 160 billion individual song streams, compared with 100 billion through the same period last year.

    That's over 105m album equivalents (SEA), or an increase of 40 million. With total album sales down by 18m YTD and track sales down by 94m (9.4 million TEA), streaming has given the industry a YTD increase of more than 12m SEA.

    Leading music execs will be celebrating by ordering Swedish meatballs on their iPhones."

    Source: http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=307197

  22. #347
    Rihab's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    18,624
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 27-06-17, 06:38

    I'd really like to know how many of those streams came from Spotify and how many from Apple Music.
    I have a feeling AM isn't too far behind Spotify anymore, especially since some songs (like WT currently) get like twice as many streams from 'other' streaming services as from Spotify. Most of them MUST come from Apple.

  23. #348
    JeyBeMust's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,617
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 27-06-17, 06:40

    Quote Originally Posted by Rihab
    I'd really like to know how many of those streams came from Spotify and how many from Apple Music.
    I have a feeling AM isn't too far behind Spotify anymore, especially since some songs (like WT currently) get like twice as many streams from 'other' streaming services as from Spotify. Most of them MUST come from Apple.
    The latest official update is:

    Streaming platforms marketshare*
    Spotify: 62% (50M paid subscribers**)
    Apple Music: 25% (27M paid subscribers***)
    Amazon: 8%
    Google Play: 4%
    Tidal: 1% (1M paid subscribers****)

    * as of March 2017
    ** as of March 2017
    *** as of June 2017
    **** as of March 2016

  24. #349
    Rihab's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    18,624
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 27-06-17, 13:59

    Quote Originally Posted by JeyBeMust
    Quote Originally Posted by Rihab
    I'd really like to know how many of those streams came from Spotify and how many from Apple Music.
    I have a feeling AM isn't too far behind Spotify anymore, especially since some songs (like WT currently) get like twice as many streams from 'other' streaming services as from Spotify. Most of them MUST come from Apple.
    The latest official update is:

    Streaming platforms marketshare*
    Spotify: 62% (50M paid subscribers**)
    Apple Music: 25% (27M paid subscribers***)
    Amazon: 8%
    Google Play: 4%
    Tidal: 1% (1M paid subscribers****)

    * as of March 2017
    ** as of March 2017
    *** as of June 2017
    **** as of March 2016
    Thanks. But what does 'marketshare' mean in this case? Paid subscribers (a family of 4 = 1 subscriber)? Premium users (a family of 4 = 4 users)? Or tracks streamed?

  25. #350
    JeyBeMust's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,617
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 27-06-17, 14:36

    Quote Originally Posted by Rihab

    Thanks. But what does 'marketshare' mean in this case? Paid subscribers (a family of 4 = 1 subscriber)? Premium users (a family of 4 = 4 users)? Or tracks streamed?
    In this case, they analyze the Top 25k streamed songs at each of the five services and determines the weight everyone of them has in the industry. For example, based on that research, If 'Despacito' had 1,000,000 streams last week (not real numbers, of course), then 620,000 streams comes from Spotify, 250,000 from Apple Music, 80,000 from Amazon and so on.

    Every user has a different value. Spotify stated that paid subscribers are responsible of 70% of their daily streams. Also, Apple Music subscribers are the most active as we saw during many Apple Music exclusives.

    When a platform says "paid subscribers" they don't disclose If its an individual subscriber or a family plan with 6 possible members. I would love to know that info and also how many daily streams have other services, they should make a public update everyday like Spotify does.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •