Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: NME (former CDNX (former Music Machine)) radio Playlist

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Last edited by navi; Sun July 21st, 2019 at 21:55.

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Sun July 21st, 2019, 21:54

Quote Originally Posted by egorcheb18 View Post
    Read more at https://www.nme.com/news/nme-audio-p...YplXzzVAUGr.99

I managed to see it using VPN only.
    your link redirects me to 15th July,
    this is now becoming a completely mess,
    i wonder if anybody else is having the same problems as we do - please let us know,
    most useful will be a response from UK resident

by » Sun July 21st, 2019, 22:49

Quote Originally Posted by navi View Post
    your link redirects me to 15th July,
    this is now becoming a completely mess,
    i wonder if anybody else is having the same problems as we do - please let us know,
    most useful will be a response from UK resident
    I've just asked my sister who lives in UK, in Birmingham to look at the playlists and tell me the dates of update and she wrote the following: "a list - 22 July, B list - 15 July, C list - 15 July.

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Sat July 27th, 2019, 21:10

Quote Originally Posted by NME
    What’s new on the NME 1 and NME 2 playlists this week?
    by Hannah Mylrea

On the A List
    Squid – ‘The Cleaner’
    The latest from NME 100 alumni Squid is a thing of beauty. Taken from their upcoming EP ‘Town Centre’, on it the Brighton quintet mix frenetic post-punk with slinky funk riffs, and the results are glorious cacophony.

On the B List
    Matt Corby & Tash Sultana – ‘Talk It Out’
    “I thought he was ******* crazy for not putting that song on his album, as I thought that was the best song that I’d heard.” Tash Sultana told NME about their recent team-up with Matt Corby. And they’re not wrong, ‘Talk It Out’ is a lowkey smash. Mixing lilting Motown-flecked brass with glittering psychedelic riffs and woozy production, it’s a sun-drenched treat.

MorMor – ‘Outside’
    Combining driving ‘80s synths and Seth Nyquist’s (aka MorMor) dazzling, soaring vocals, ‘Outside’ is stunning offering from the Canadian artist.

Working Men’s Club – ‘Teeth’
    “It is a metaphor,” Working Men’s Club’s Sydney Minsky-Sargeant has explained of their latest: “It could be about going insane or what you see, what you think you feel inside, a lot of things… put through a drum machine… basically we just want to confuse the **** out of people, in a good way!” Lyrically ‘Teeth’ could be confusing, but one thing that’s totally clear is that the band’s latest absolutely slaps. A little bit Chemical Brothers and a little bit Parquet Courts, this was a must have on the playlists this week.

On the C List
    Blood Orange – ‘Dark & Handsome’ (ft. Toro y Moi)
    Taken from Dev Hynes’ latest mixtape ‘Angel’s Pulse’, this gorgeous collab with is Toro y Moi is an absolute gem.

Fat White Family – ‘Fringe Runner’
    With its stomping drums and brooding bassline, this one from Fat White Family is a roaring, future festival anthem.

Sampa the Great – ‘OMG’
    The follow up to ‘Final Form’, Sampa The Great’s latest is another killer offering. Bring on the debut album.

Girl In Red – ‘I’ll Die Anyway’
    With its cantering drums and brilliantly honest lyrics, the latest from Girl in Red is a beauty.

Last edited by navi; Sat July 27th, 2019 at 21:23.

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Mon July 29th, 2019, 20:27

surprise surprise
    the playlist cannot be found anywhere

instead of, here is the

by Hannah Mylrea

On the A List
    Charli XCX & Christine and the Queens – ‘Gone’
    First up this week we’ve got one of Charli XCX‘s latest collaborations, this time with Christine and the Queens. This one has been highly anticipated since they played it live at Primavera Sound Festival, and has been worth the wait. Stuffed with shimmering synths and led by its strobing bass line, it’s another exciting glimpse of XCX’s upcoming album ‘Charli’.

DIIV – ‘Skin Game’
    DIIV are back! Having just announced that their third full-length ‘Deceiver’ album will drop in October, they’ve released the stunning lead single ‘Skin Game’. Opening with a simple guitar riff which then launches into a galloping slice of driving post-punk, it’s a beauty.

On the B List
    Emotional Oranges – ‘Don’t Be Lazy’
    With its slinky, bouncing production and fizzing chorus, the latest from effervescent R&B collective Emotional Oranges is the next addition to your “summer bangers” playlist.

King Princess – ‘Prophet’
    Marrying slinky, Prince-level confidence with R&B-flecked production, ‘Prophet’ is a wickedly catchy offering from King Princess.

Purple Disco Machine – ‘Emotion’
    NME Radio favourites Purple Disco Machine are back with the foot-stampingly good ‘Emotion’. Combining glorious ‘80s disco with slick house beats, it’s another triumph from the DJ.

On the C List
    Easy Life – ‘Earth’
    “The world is a ****ed up place, and sometimes it can feel terribly isolating,” Easy Life frontman Murray has explained about their latest tune. ‘Earth’ addresses the fact the planet is running out of resources (“And we’re breathing the fumes fill the oceans with plastic/Then we full up with junk food and ruin the classics”), and makes it clear that those of us who “Don’t feel at home on this planet” need to start doing something about it. And it’s all obviously accompanied by the band’s trademark buoyant production and witty, imaginative lyrics.

Shura – ‘The Stage’
    With its gorgeous woozy synths and stomping piano riff, ‘The Stage’ is another stunning offering from Shura.

Vampire Weekend – ‘Stranger’
    Finally this week we’ve got ‘Stranger’, the latest cut from Vampire Weekend’s ‘Father of the Bride’ to make it on the NME Radio playlists. With its jaunty riffs and lush instrumentals, it’s another gorgeous offering from the group’s fourth album.

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Mon August 5th, 2019, 22:23

still the same - no playlist

by Hannah Mylrea
    Aug 5, 2019

On the A List

Iggy Pop – ‘James Bond’

The first release from the icon’s forthcoming eighteenth album leads the way this week. ‘James Bond’ is a pared-back affair of beats, bass and noir guitars that form the backdrop to Iggy Pop’s espionage musings. “I don’t know what she’s up to exactly, but the tables seem to be turning, and she’s taking over,” Iggy says in reference to the song’s female protagonist. “Well, why not? I’ll try anything once.”

Liam Gallagher – ‘Once’

Liam arguably gives Noel a run for his money in the vocal stakes on this new cut from his upcoming second album, ‘Why Me? Why Not?’ It sounds like it’s been lifted straight from the downtempo anthems Oasis songbook—all lilting acoustics, swooping strings and, heck, even a “shine” lyric–replete with some of the strongest vocals by Liam ever.

On the B List

Angel Olsen – ‘All Mirrors’

The title track from Angel Olsen’s upcoming fourth album is a huge development curveball – and simply one of the best songs she’s written. Her brilliantly tortured alt-country back catalogue sits in stark contrast to this cyclical, sprawling wonder. Robotic ’80s synths clash with mourning string arrangements for something that harks somewhat to Kate Bush and yet is, idiosyncratically, an Olsen creation at heart.

Bring Me The Horizon – ‘Sugar Honey Ice & Tea’

Another turbo-charged cut from the Sheffield rockers, ‘Sugar Honey Ice & Tea’ hears frontman Oli Sykes ponder the effects of technology and 24/7 modern living on our wellbeing. It’s a blistering four minutes of chunky riffs and blast beats with an earworm of a chorus.

Clairo – ‘Sofia’

Clairo is the rising artist of the moment (and last week’s NME cover star) and for very good reason. Few artists are creating such diverse, genreless cut ‘n’ paste DIY music as this Detroit native—and executing it with aplomb. ‘Sofia’ is one the standouts on the 20-year-old’s stunning debut album ‘Immunity’. Step this way for bubblegum vocals, wonky pop synths, distorted guitars, and a love letter to a new lover.

HAIM – Summer Girl

HAIM are back! And they sound relaxed, and jazzy! And we like it! A new sound from the supremely talented LA sisters for album number three? Perhaps. It’s very much encouraged.

On the C List

Ashley Henry – ‘Between The Lines’

“My music is a straight up reflection of who I am; London in all its mixed up glory. The immigrant in me has musical roots that are traced back to the 1600s, so it’s important my music today reflects that jazz alpha narrative across different genres and generations,” Ashley Henry says of his music. ‘Between The Lines’ is a perfect example of what he details: a jazz-inflected tune that draws in hip hop beats and soulful chants. Manchester-based MC Sparkz raps over the top while Grammy winner Keyon Harrold blasts on brass.

Four Tet – ‘Dreamer’

Kieran Hebden’s new single is a sprightly creation that calls on the ambience of previous single ‘Teenage Birdsong’ but cranks the tempo up. Taken from his forthcoming, yet-to-be-announced tenth album, the song is a busy, skittering piece of joyful electronica fit for the summer’s hazy evenings.

Marika Hackman – ‘All Night’

There’s one word to sum up ‘All Night’—the latest single taken from Marika Hackman’s third album ‘Any Human Heart’—and that is: STEAMY. “We go down on one another / You’re my favourite kind of lover”, the London-based artist croons over schmaltzy lounge beats and guitars that rip into distortion. A very descriptive night of passion.

Ross From Friends – ‘The Revolution’

The Revolution’ is delicious, digi-funk detritus from Felix Clary Weatherall—and is further proof that the British DJ and producer is full of ideas. It’s a rich tapestry of darting synths, juicy guitar licks, primal percussion, thudding beats and too many samples to count.

Sheer Mag – ‘Hardly to Blame’

The Philadelphia band are set to release their second record ‘A Distant Call’ later this month. ‘Hardly To Blame’ is a cutting entry point into an album that singer Tina Halliday says was written after a job layoff, a break-up, and the death of her father. This gritty indie rock song chucks up the hurt and confusion of a failed relationship perfectly.

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Mon August 12th, 2019, 20:57

by Hannah Mylrea
    Aug 12, 2019

On the A List
    Foals – ‘Black Bull’
    The first taste of Foals’ upcoming album ‘Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost Part 2’, ‘Black Bull’ moves away from the glittering art-pop we heard earlier this year on ‘Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost Part 1’, and instead the band have amped up the volcanic riffs and yelped vocals, for a pit-opening, fist-pumping slice of sweltering, razor-sharp rock.

Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds – ‘This Is The Place’
    Taken from the upcoming EP of the same name, ‘This Is The Place’ sees Gallagher expand on the electronic-flecked sound he established on ‘Black Star Dancing’. Mixing glittering synths with huge, stadium worthy vocal hooks, the results are something exciting and fresh from the iconic musician.

On the B List
    Biig Piig – ‘Sunny’
    Mixing laidback disco rhythms with soulful vocals and smoky production, the latest from the multi-talented Biig Piig is a sun-drenched beauty.

Bon Iver – Naeem
    Taken from the stunning new Bon Iver album ‘i, i’, ‘Naeem’ combines Justin Vernon’s trademark, emotive vocals with whirring electronics and gorgeous floating strings, and results are lovely.

Sleater-Kinney – ‘Can I Go On’
    With its earworm, opening guitar riff and punchy, new wave flecked vocals, the latest from Sleater-Kinney is a thumper.

WIVES – ‘Hit Me Up’
    New Yorkers WIVES have shared the latest glimpse of upcoming debut album ‘So Removed’, and it’s a beauty. Filled with scuzzy guitars and driving drums, it’s an exciting taste of what’s to come.

On the C List
    IDLES – ‘I Dream Guillotine’
    Released as part of the package for standalone single ‘Mercedes Marxist’, this new tune from Bristolian punks IDLES is a ferocious slice of their trademark sound.

Mallrat – ‘Charlie’
    ‘Charlie’ is named after Australian artist Mallrat’s golden Labrador. Sadly, Charlie doesn’t have any guest vocals on the song (he does appear in the video), but the song he lends his name to is a beauty. Combining Mallrat’s delicate vocals with woozy production and shimmering hand-clapped beats, it’s a dreamy piece of sparkling pop.

Temples – ‘You’re Either On Something’
    With its kaleidoscopic production and pounding bassline, the latest from Temples is psychedelic treat.

Tove Lo – ‘Bad as the Boys (ft. ALMA)’
    Tove Lo has teamed up with pal Alma for her latest. Stuffed full of earworm hooks and misty instrumentals, it absolutely slaps.

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Mon August 19th, 2019, 20:43

by Hannah Mylrea
    Aug 19, 2019

On the A List
    Brockhampton – ‘I Been Born Again’
    After months of teasing, Brockhampton have finally revealed their fifth album, ‘Ginger’, will be out this Friday (23 August). Ahead of its release the collective have released a handful of singles, including the searing ‘I Been Born Again’. Embellishing the crunchy, experimental sound they nailed on previous record ‘Iridescence’, it’s a thumping slice of glitchy, pop-flecked hip-hop.

On the B List
    Battles – ‘Titanium 2 Step (ft. Sal Principato)’
    Combining skittering, syncopated guitar riffs with razor-sharp vocals and woozy synth lines, the latest from Battles is a brilliant return from the New Yorkers.

Michael Kiwanuka – ‘You Ain’t The Problem’
    Michael Kiwanuka’s latest is made for long summer road trips with your pals. Blending sunny Motown backing vocals with galloping drums and his trademark warm vocals, it’s a beauty.

Seazoo – ‘Throw It Up’
    Mixing the ferocity of early Arctic Monkeys with vocal melodies that could have come straight off a Vaccines records, the latest from Seazoo is a cavorting chunk of freewheeling indie pop.

Slowthai – ‘Toaster’
    The latest track from Slowthai’s outstanding debut album ‘Nothing Great About Britain’ to make the NME Radio playlists is ‘Toaster’. The poignant tune sees Slowthai reflect on his childhood over lilting acoustic riffs that juxtapose with the thumping beats, and we love it.

On the C List
    AMA – ‘Crystal’
    AMA is a musical chameleon. On previous singles she’s aced slinky R&B (‘Slip’), tried her hand at AlunaGeorge-styled electronic (‘Monochrome’) and smashed experimental, PC Music avant-pop (‘Real’). Her latest, ‘Crystal’, is equally as exciting. This time around she mixes bolshie brass lines that wouldn’t have sounded out of place in Beyonce’s Coachella performance with strutting production, and its huge.

Jordan Rakei – ‘Rolling Into One’
    Combining hazy jazz piano riffs with lackadaisical tropical production, the latest from Jordan Rakei is totally gorgeous.

Nasty Cherry – ‘Live Forever’
    Nasty Cherry are a favourite in the NME office. In fact, we like them so much they’re playing our next Girls to the Front show in September. This week we’ve added their stomping new tune ‘Live Forever’ to the playlists. One for fans of Joan Jett or Blondie, take a listen to this and then make sure you join us at the Shacklewell Arms next month!

Theophilus London – ‘Pretty (feat. Ian Isiah)’
    Mixing swaggering production with slick bars and an earworm chorus, ‘Pretty’ is a late addition to your summer bangers playlist.

It was announced that the Ride - Clouds of Saint Marie will be among the this week new entries, but it seems they have been left out at last

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Sat August 24th, 2019, 20:50

Still haven't access to whole updated playlist (if such exist/is published somewhere at all)
    this week new entries should be

BODEGA - Shiny New Model
    ROSALÍA & Ozuna - Yo x Ti, Tu x Mi

Anna Of The North - Playing Games
    Bakar - Hell N Back

A. Swayze & The Ghosts - Connect To Consume
    Chinatown Slalom - Where U At?
    Los Bitchos - Pista (Great Start)
    Los Blancos - Dilyn Lesu Grist
    (Sandy) Alex G - Southern Sky

waiting for confirmation on Monday

by » Mon August 26th, 2019, 14:39

I listened to NME today and yes, I heard almost all the songs you mentioned (except Anna of The North). How did you know?

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Mon August 26th, 2019, 20:54

that's a secret
    or maybe i'm a clairvoyant

What’s new on the NME 1 and NME 2 playlists this week? still isn't updated/uploaded,
    will explain it to you when i see the result

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Tue August 27th, 2019, 20:51

by Hannah Mylrea
    Aug 27, 2019

On the A List
    BODEGA – ‘Shiny New Model’
    The title track of the band’s new mini LP, ‘Shiny New Model’ marks a new chapter for the New Yorkers. It’s the first tune we’ve heard with new drummer Tai Lee, and the first time the production was handled by the band, with guitarist Madison Velding-VanDam taking the reins. The results are their trademark sound given a lush makeover, with expansive guitars and cantering drums. Bring on the rest of the record!

ROSALÍA & Ozuna – ‘Yo x Ti, Tu x Mi’
    On ‘Yo x Ti, Tu x Mi’ Rosalía has teamed up with Ozuna for a stomping Reggaeton bop. Mixing pounding tropical beats and the two singer’s intertwining vocals, it’s a glorious summer hit.

The 1975 – ‘People’
    ‘People’ is the first glimpse we’ve had of The 1975’s next album ‘Notes on a Conditional Form’. With its blistering guitar riffs and Matty’s yelping vocals that candidly discuss his concerns about climate change and anxiety (amongst other things), it’s a roaring slice of political dance-punk.

On the B List
    A. Swayze & The Ghosts – ‘Connect To Consume’
    Tasmanian punks A. Swayze & the Ghosts aren’t messing around. Infamous for their wild live shows, their latest tune ‘Connect to Consume’ slaps. It takes on the negative effects of social media, as (in their own words): “We have exchanged honesty, beauty, ugliness, boredom–reality–for an abstract museum inside a digitised screen, curated by big business but sustained by us”. The results are a stonking chunk of garage rock that’ll open the pits and make you want to chuck your phone in a blender.

Anna Of The North – ‘Playing Games’
    Mixing woozy synths with gorgeous vocals and skittering handclapped beats, ‘Playing Games’ is a soaring offering from Anna Of The North.

Bakar – ‘Hell N Back’
    ‘Hell N Back’ sees Bakar juxtapose lyrics about going through hell (to eventually find peace) with lilting whistled riffs and slinky brass lines. The sunshine-laced instrumentals are a stark contrast to the dark lyrics, which only serves to emphasise his honest words.

On the C List
    Chinatown Slalom – ‘Where U At?’
    Mixing a strutting bass line with woozy samples and jangly backing vocals, the latest from Chinatown Slalom is a belter.

Los Bitchos – ‘Pista (Great Start)’
    Blending Cumbia beats with psychedelia and pop melodies, this one from Los Bitchos (produced by Franz Ferdinand frontman Alex Kapranos) was a must add for this week’s playlists.

Los Blancos – ‘Dilyn Iesu Grist’
    Welsh rockers Los Blancos’ current tune is a roaring cut of fearless guitars and galloping rhythms, and we love it.

(Sandy) Alex G – ‘Southern Sky’

Mixing lovely jangling guitars with earnest, tight-knit harmonies, (Sandy) Alex G’s latest is the musical equivalent of a warming cup of soup.

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Tue August 27th, 2019, 21:47

So how did you know? :-)
    check your PM inbox

by » Fri August 30th, 2019, 15:55

Quote Originally Posted by navi View Post
    check your PM inbox
    Thank you!
    I wriote it here because I am not sure if my PM message was actually sent.

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Fri August 30th, 2019, 19:40

Thank you!
    I wriote it here because I am not sure if my PM message was actually sent.
    received your message, sorry for no response

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Mon September 2nd, 2019, 19:57

So how did you know? :-)
    i am detected,
    no more previews as it seems

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Mon September 2nd, 2019, 20:14

by Hannah Mylrea
    September 2, 2019

Words: Will Richards ??

On the A List
    Bombay Bicycle Club – ‘Eat, Sleep, Wake (Nothing But You)’
    Returning after five years away, the indie heroes’ new song is a superbly catchy thing, wonderful in its immediacy, and showing us just why we’re so lucky to have them back.

The Wants – ‘Fear My Society’
    This new one from the NYC band, who boast members of BODEGA, is a huge, propulsive synth-pop banger. “Will you love me if I’m a failure?” they sing, but it’s stated with far more confidence and certainty than that sounds.

On the B List
    Beabadoobee – ‘She Plays Bass’
    The Dirty Hit signing takes another huge step forward on this atmospheric, melody-packed ode to her bassist.

Jay Som – ‘If You Want It’
    Gorgeous melodies run riot on the excellently composed opening track from Melina Duterte’s second album ‘Anak Ko’.

Lily Moore – ‘In-Between (ft. Maverick Sabre)’
    The Brighton-based singer-songwriter’s new one is a silky smooth cut, and her soulful tones are matched note-for-note by Maverick Sabre.

MNNQNS – ‘Fall Down’
    “We’re a rock band that hates rock ‘n’ roll,” MNNQNS have said of their band, but they fly full pelt into the catchiest, most immediate corners of the genre on this new track.

On the C List
    Declan McKenna – ‘British Bombs’
    Dec goes political on this comeback single, showing he’s got the potential to be an important songwriter as well as a very good one.

Moor Mother – ‘After Images’
    Philadelphia’s Camae Ayewa crafts a truly terrifying but also danceable universe on ‘After Images’. It’s all-encompassing and truly hair-raising.

Phoebe Green – ‘Easy Peeler’
    More pop deliciousness from the Chess Club signing, who once again shoots for the stars on this thoroughly charismatic new effort.

Sheer Mag – ‘Silver Line’
    Get those air guitars out – the Philadelphia ‘70s rock revivalists are at their most furious and melodic here.

Squid – ‘Match Bet’
    Told from the perspective of a mentally ill Sonic Youth superfan, ‘Match Bet’ shows Squid’s expertise in crafting intricate, biting rock songs better than ever before.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon September 2nd, 2019, 20:56

I've loved Bombay Bicycle Club since I heard Claire Sturgess play their first single. (see my 1 minute Camden towpath video here) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX34pCmIBdo

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Mon September 2nd, 2019, 21:16

Quote Originally Posted by camdwntownjohn View Post
    I've loved Bombay Bicycle Club since I heard Claire Sturgess play their first single. (see my 1 minute Camden towpath video here) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX34pCmIBdo
    never saw this video, very nice
    thanks for recording/uploading this

btw. do you have the access to the NME playlist/is it somewhere published at all
    Last edited by navi; Mon September 2nd, 2019 at 21:22.

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Mon September 9th, 2019, 23:09

by Hannah Mylrea
    September 9, 2019

On the A List
    Billie Eilish – ‘All The Good Girls Go To Hell’
    Billie Eilish’s latest is another slice of her brilliant witchy, electronic pop. Taken from her excellent debut ‘When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?’, which was released earlier this year, it combines her distinctive whispery vocals with skittering beats and slinky funk bassline, and it’s killer.

Mura Masa & Clairo – ‘I Don’t Think I Can Do This Again
    On ‘I Don’t Think I Can Do This Again’ producer Mura Masa has teamed up with Clairo for the first glimpse of his second album. This time around he’s turned it up a notch, switching jangly synthesisers for overdriven guitars *– but the huge earworm choruses that were a staple on his debut remain. Bring on the rest of the album.

On the B List
    Charli XCX – ‘Warm (ft. HAIM)’
    Blending lush tropical production with woozy vocals and shuffling beats, Charli XCX’s collab with Haim is a glorious, sunny smash.

Lana Del Rey – ‘Bartender’
    Lana Del Rey’s fifth album ‘Norman ******* Rockwell!’ is a triumph. On it, she combines stunning song writing with gorgeous, poetic lyrics and her trademark honeyed vocals. ‘Bartender’ is a highlight of the record. Filled with twinkling piano and glockenspiel riffs and hazy layered vocals, it’s a beauty.

On the C List
    False Advertising – ‘Influenza’
    Taken from the band’s upcoming album ‘Brainfreeze’, False Advertising’s latest ‘Influenza’ is a roaring cut of their stonking punk-flecked garage rock.

Grimes & i_o – ‘Violence’
    With its eerie vocals and ghostly production which are fused with hook-laden melodies, ‘Violence’ is stellar new offering from Grimes and producer i_o.

Sløtface – ‘Stuff’
    ‘Stuff’ is an honest breakup song. It’s about what you do with all the stuff that reminds you of your partner after you’ve broken up, and how you have to remind yourself “it’s just stuff” as you try to move on. With its stomping drums and howling riffs, it absolutely slaps.

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Tue September 17th, 2019, 22:24

by Hannah Mylrea
    September 16, 2019

On the A List
    Foals – ‘The Runner’
    First up we’ve got the latest cut taken from Foals’ upcoming record ‘Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost – Part 2’. Opening with a swaggering guitar riff, the hulking tune then stomps into one of the band’s anthemic choruses; we know this one is gonna sound amazing live.

On the B List
    Bag Raiders – ‘Back To Myself (ft. Tora)’
    This woozy slice of electronica comes from Australian duo Bag Raiders second album ‘Horizons’, which dropped a few weeks back. A highlight of the record, on it they’ve teamed up with fellow Aussies Tora, and the results are this gorgeous, sun-drenched tune.

King Princess – ‘Ain’t Together’
    The latest glimpse we’ve got of King Princess’ upcoming debut album ‘Cheap Queen’ (due out next month), this is a gorgeous mix of glittering guitars, honeyed vocals and hazy synths.

Slowthai and Denzel Curry – ‘Psycho’
    With its eerie, horror film soundtrack riff and the blistering vocals, ‘Psycho’ is a biting tune from two of the most exciting artists around.

Winston Surfshirt – ‘Smile’
    Fusing hip-hop beats, funk licks and soul vocals, this one from Aussie six-piece Winston Surfshirt is a beauty.

On the C List
    Dave – ‘Disaster (feat. J Hus)’
    The latest tune taken from Dave’s outstanding debut ‘Psychodrama’ to make the NME radio playlists, this collaboration with J Hus is huge.

Girl in Red – ‘Bad Idea!’
    Blending galloping drums and scuzzy overdriven guitars with Girl in Red’s sugary vocals, the latest from the Norwegian artist absolutely slaps.

Master Peace – ‘Night Time’
    Combining punk-flecked guitars with skittering beats and jaunty instrumentals, the latest from punk-rapper Master Peace is brilliant.

Palace – ‘Heaven Up There’
    ‘Heaven Up There’ is the emotive closer of Palace’s latest album ‘Life After’. A slow burner, it opens with whirring electronics, gradually building into the dreamy verse, and finally the euphoric chorus, before fading away. It’s an epic, and we love it.

Pumarosa – ‘Heaven’
    ‘Heaven’ is about the end of a relationship. The isolated beats and discordant synths emphasise the honest lyrics about not wanting a relationship to be over, and being stuck running over past mistakes. Basically they’ve turned heartbreak into a house-flecked banger, and it’s dazzling.

Turnover – ‘Plant Sugar’
    Finally we’ve got Turnover with one of their two new singles ‘Plant Sugar’. Their first new tune since their 2017 album ‘Good Nature’, this one was written across country (as the trio are currently living on different coasts of the US), meaning each band member brought their own distinct influences onto the song. With the slinky post-punk bass line and dream-pop guitar riffs that erupt into the indie rock chorus, we can’t wait to hear more new music.

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Mon September 23rd, 2019, 19:23

by Hannah Mylrea
    September 23, 2019

On the A List
    Rex Orange County – ‘10/10’
    First up on this week’s playlist we’ve got ‘10/10’ by Rex Orange County. It’s the first new tune we’ve heard from the his upcoming second album ‘Pony’, and it’s as lovely as you’d hope a Rex Orange County song to be. Full of earworm melodies, jangling synths and fizzing instrumentals, it’s a beauty.

On the B List
    Green Day – ‘Father of All…’
    Green Day’s latest, ‘Father of All…’, is the most exciting thing they’ve done in years. Stuffed with growling guitar riffs, cantering drums and howled vocals, this is one pit-opening, stadium shaking epic.

Little Simz – ‘Flowers’ (ft. Micheal Kiwanuka)
    Combining Little Simz’s elegant flow with Kiwanuka’s gorgeous warm vocals, ‘Flowers’ is a jubilant collaboration from the two artists.

Soccer Mommy – ‘Lucy’
    Soccer Mommy is back! ‘Lucy’ is her first new music of the year, and it was a must add for the NME radio playlist. Speaking about the song she’s said “It’s a song about struggling with inner demons and your own morality, but I masked it with this scenario of being seduced by the devil.” The results are Soccer Mommy’s honeyed vocals crooning eerie lyrics that float over lo-fi instrumentals, and we love it.

On the C List
    Corridor – ‘Domino’
    Mixing sprightly guitar licks with a cantering rhythm section, this tune from the Montreal rockers is a dream pop-flecked stomper.

Earthgang – ‘Top Down’
    EarthGang are one to keep an eye on. The duo have just dropped ‘Mirrorland’, their major label debut album, and it’s blistering. We’ve picked ‘Top Down’ for the playlist, a boisterous cut of the duo’s own brand of hip hop that blends funk, jazz and soul, and it’s huge.

Metronomy – ‘Insecurity
    With its squelchy synths and sci-fi sound effects, the latest from Metronomy will make you feel like it’s still summer despite the grey clouds and impending doom of autumn.

Millie Turner – ‘Ride This Train’
    Finally for this week we’ve got the latest tune from Millie Turner. The NME 100 alumni has produced another slick slice of her shimmering electronic pop, filled with driving tropical beats and fizzing melodies, and it’s dreamy.
    Last edited by navi; Mon September 30th, 2019 at 20:24.

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by » Fri September 27th, 2019, 20:23

The Free Nationals, Mac Miller, Kali Uchis - Time video
    Human Barbie - We Disappeared video
    Arlo Parks - Second Guessing video
    Beabadoobee - I Wish I Was Stephen Malkmus video
    Georgia - Never Let You Go video
    Liam Gallagher - Now That I've Found You video
    Model Man - Beta video
    DIIV - Blankenship video