Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Dutch Language

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-11-18, 21:08

yeah weather def comes to mind. theres nothing really bothering me other than the bars and restaurants being really expensive, but the groceries are cheap so it evens out.
    and i know its wrong and down with capitalism and all that, but i will never get used to the shops working till 6 and supermarkets till 8. after 8 is when all my munchies happen and its always too late

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-11-18, 21:13

Quote Originally Posted by toni_pest
    yeah weather def comes to mind. theres nothing really bothering me other than the bars and restaurants being really expensive, but the groceries are cheap so it evens out.
    and i know its wrong and down with capitalism and all that, but i will never get used to the shops working till 6 and supermarkets till 8. after 8 is when all my munchies happen and its always too late
    So at what time do the supermarkets close in Croatia?

I lived in Singapore, where shops are open till late at night. When we returned to the Netherlands I really had to get used to opening hours here. I was like: "Okay, I'll just pop out to the shops." on Sundays or late at night. My mother would have to tell me: "This is not Singapore. The shops are closed."
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-11-18, 21:32

the bigger ones are usually open till 22:00 in the winter, the smaller till 21 and then you have the tobacco shops, some of which are open the whole night. you have supermarkets open till midnight in the summer.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-11-18, 22:49

Oops, so a faulty plural there. Klinkers it is then.

Honestly spelling is one of the most difficult things about Dutch. Yoi can learn the rules and all, but I feel you cant ever be really sure.
    be kind to every kind

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-11-18, 22:51

Quote Originally Posted by toni_pest
    the bigger ones are usually open till 22:00 in the winter, the smaller till 21 and then you have the tobacco shops, some of which are open the whole night. you have supermarkets open till midnight in the summer.
    Same in Serbia. Took me good few years to get used to it. We have quite a few 00-24 small supermarkets too.
    be kind to every kind

Legend
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 03-01-19, 02:31

such a BOPPt my wig flew to Bloemendaal aan Zee
    ˇEh, mamá!
    Me quiero matar
    El mundo se va a la mierda
    Y no he hecho nada