User Tag List

Thread: Making A Murderer

Legend
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon December 28th, 2015, 19:06

I've watched all 10 episodes of this Netflix documentary over the past 3 days and it's one of the most compelling things I've ever watched! The case and the actions of a lot of the people in involved in it are shocking. Highly recommend it!

Legend
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu December 31st, 2015, 02:16

I'm really looking forward to checking this out!

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu December 31st, 2015, 10:48

I've seen a lot of people talk about this. Can't wait to start!

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon January 4th, 2016, 20:39

It's exceptional - how did they get so much footage?!

It's not exactly heartwarming, I came away very frustrated but it seems the documentary might be a touch one-sided. Clearly there is imjustice regardless.

Compelling.

Legend
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue January 5th, 2016, 20:22

Me and my housemates have been furious about it all week

I just can't believe the verdict after everything we heard and saw!

My theory on who killed Teresa...

Bobby Dassey and/or Scott Tadych did it. Couldn't get their timings right and are each other's alibi? Too suss.

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri January 8th, 2016, 00:02

One of the jurors has contacted the creators of Making a Murderer to say that they had feared for their personal safety which is why they voted guilty in the end.

Link with video

I've just finished this and I feel I'm on a personal mission to free Steven Avery So frustrating to watch. The evidence pointing towards Steven being framed was as plain as day IMO!

Brendans speech at the end made me a wee bit emotional, the poor guy. He really hadn't a clue what he was doing.

The whole case is so corrupt! :x

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri January 8th, 2016, 00:11

I watched the first 3 episodes and couldn't continue, the rage I felt inside of me was too much. Then I read everything that happens later and I just can't bring myself to finish it. It is disgusting and scary how messed up the U.S. criminal justice system is. The whole "innocent until proven guilty" is a load of bull and it does not apply to everybody.
    MARIAH

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun January 10th, 2016, 01:38

Just finished all 10 episodes... WOW!!

I felt a mixture of utter rage, sadness and confusion.. I just can't believe this is real life.. crazy!!

This was so addictive, I highly recommend it!
    Grow up Veronica!

Legend
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue January 19th, 2016, 19:39

Quote Originally Posted by mark2809
    Just finished all 10 episodes... WOW!!

I felt a mixture of utter rage, sadness and confusion.. I just can't believe this is real life.. crazy!!

This was so addictive, I highly recommend it!
    My exact feelings!

What a series!

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue January 26th, 2016, 01:34

This took my breathe. It was such an impressive documentary.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue March 1st, 2016, 20:42

Ken Kratz details to TheWrap key evidence he says was left out of Netflix docu-series

Since “Making a Murderer” made him famous last month, former Wisconsin prosecutor Ken Kratz hasn’t been shy about defending his work in the 2005 murder prosecution of Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey. On Monday, TheWrap reached out to him about suggestions in the Netflix docu-series that his office railroaded two innocent defendants.
    In an email to TheWrap on Monday, Kratz strongly rejects the criticisms, saying the documentary series got it wrong.
    The email concludes with Kratz saying Netflix should “either provide an opportunity for rebuttal, or alert the viewers that this series was produced by and FOR the defense of Steven Avery, and contains only the opinion and theory of the defense team.”
    Also Read: 'Making a Murderer': Steven Avery Files New Appeal
    Here is his email to us, in its entirety. It begins with the Calumet County district attorney responding to our question about whether he believed the docu-series left out any evidence:
    Examples for you to consider:

1. Avery’s past incident with a cat was not “goofing around”. He soaked his cat in gasoline or oil, and put it on a fire to watch it suffer.

2. Avery targeted Teresa. On Oct 31 (8:12 am) he called AutoTrader magazine and asked them to send “that same girl who was here last time.” On Oct 10, Teresa had been to the Avery property when Steve answered the door just wearing a towel. She said she would not go back because she was scared of him (obviously). Avery used a fake name and fake # (his sister’s) giving those to the AutoTrader receptionist, to trick Teresa into coming.

3. Teresa’s phone, camera and PDA were found 20 ft from Avery’s door, burned in his barrel. Why did the documentary not tell the viewers the contents of her purse were in his burn barrel, just north of the front door of his trailer?
    Also Read: 'Making a Murderer': Why Steven Avery Says Juror Was Out to Get Him

4. While in prison, Avery told another inmate of his intent to build a “torture chamber” so he could rape, torture and kill young women when he was released. He even drew a diagram. Another inmate was told by Avery that the way to get rid of a body is to “burn it”…heat destroys DNA.

5. The victim’s bones in the firepit were “intertwined” with the steel belts, left over from the car tires Avery threw on the fire to burn, as described by Dassey. That WAS where her bones were burned! Suggesting that some human bones found elsewhere (never identified as Teresa’s) were from this murder was NEVER established.

6. Also found in the fire pit was Teresa’s tooth (ID’d through dental records), a rivet from the “Daisy Fuentes” jeans she was wearing that day, and the tools used by Avery to chop up her bones during the fire.

7. Phone records show 3 calls from Avery to Teresa’s cell phone on Oct 31. One at 2:24, and one at 2:35–both calls Avery uses the *67 feature so Teresa doesn’t know it him…both placed before she arrives. Then one last call at 4:35 pm, without the *67 feature. Avery first believes he can simply say she never showed up (his original defense), so tries to establish the alibi call after she’s already been there, hence the 4:35 call. She will never answer of course, so he doesn’t need the *67 feature for that last call.

8. Avery’s DNA (not blood) was on the victim’s hood latch (under her hood in her hidden SUV). The SUV was at the crime lab since 11/5…how did his DNA get under the hood if Avery never touched her car? Do the cops have a vial of Avery’s sweat to “plant” under the hood?

9. Ballistics said the bullet found in the garage was fired by Avery’s rifle, which was in a police evidence locker since 11/6…if the cops planted the bullet, how did they get one fired from HIS gun? This rifle, hanging over Aver’s bed, is the source of the bullet found in the garage, with Teresa’s DNA on it. The bullet had to be fired BEFORE 11/5—did the cops borrow his gun, fire a bullet, recover the bullet before planting the SUV, then hang on to the bullet for 4 months in case they need to plant it 4 months later???

There is more of course. But I’m not a DA anymore. I have no duty to show what nonsense the “planting” defense is, or why the documentary makers didn’t provide these uncontested facts to the audience. You see, these facts are inconsistent with the claim that these men were framed—you don’t want to muddy up a perfectly good conspiracy movie with what actually happened, and certainly not provide the audience with the EVIDENCE the jury considered to reject that claim.
    Finally, I engaged in deplorable behavior, sending suggestive text messages to a crime victim in Oct 2009. I reported myself to the OLR. My law license was thereafter suspended for 4 months. I have withstood a boat-load of other consequences as a result of that behavior, including loss of my prosecution career. However, I’ve enjoyed sobriety from prescription drug use for over 5 years now, and refuse to be defined by that dark time of my life. All of this occurred years after the Avery case was concluded…I’m unclear why the defense-created documentary chose to include this unpleasantness in this movie, especially if the filmmakers had no agenda to cast me as a villain. I am not a victim in that whole texting scandal—then again, it’s exceedingly unfair to use that to characterize me as morally unfit.
    To identify Lt. Lenk, Sgt. Colburn and myself as being “responsible” for the framing and knowing false murder conviction of Steven Avery is irresponsible, and inconsistent with a consideration of all the evidence presented. Netflix should either provide an opportunity for rebuttal, or alert the viewers that this series was produced by and FOR the defense of Steven Avery, and contains only the opinion and theory of the defense team.
    Thanks for your consideration.
    I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue March 1st, 2016, 20:48

part of me thinks Steven did it, but I don't see how the same person who was able to rape/murder/mutilate without leaving a trace of blood/hair, would hide the victim's key in his room, it just doesn't add up

saying that, the fact that he had a bonfire that night, it can't be a coincidence? I actually would be 100% certain he was guilty, if it wasn't for the conflict of interest, which was very disturbing, the people handling the case obviously hated the family
    I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Legend
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed October 31st, 2018, 13:17

Who’s watching season 2?

LOVE Kathleen - regardless of what people think her intentions are, she’s doing an amazing job of scrutinising every aspect of the story.

Can’t believe how painstaking it’s proving to be to get Brendan out.

I still think Bobby Dassey did it. Scott, Brendan’s stepdad, may have been involved too.

Feeling really bad for Steven’s parents, his mum is on her last legs bless her.

Legend
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun April 28th, 2019, 20:35

Watched all 10 episodes of season 2 today (couldn't stop watching it) - and I've come away from this feeling very deflated and frustrated beyond belief.

It is the limitations of the US criminal justice system that results in Steven and Brendan remaining in prison, not the evidence - Kathleen did a phenomenal job of picking apart the case.

On a related note, I hate the power that state has over federal government under the Constitution, it will forever frustrate the US operating as a functional society IMO.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed May 1st, 2019, 22:26

I truly hope we get to the definitive truth in this case. It's chilling to see how US justice system can be easy manipulated from within, just so the DA can get a conviction, doesn't matter if it's the right guy or not. And it's not just this case. There are many other docus like this where it's evident things need to change there.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed May 8th, 2019, 08:44

Finally took time to watch, omg. Just finished part 1.
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Manager
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed May 8th, 2019, 21:57

Part 2 drags a lot for me. We still have the final episode left. It just feels like each episode is basically the same same as the episode before. There are a couple of good episodes like the 7 courts thing but yeah it's really dragged
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat May 11th, 2019, 16:41

The whole system is so unable to admit that they were wrong....
    Kathleen did an incredible job finding new evidences, testing former evidences, recreating the chronology of the events...
    Ugh this is really disturbing.