User Tag List

Thread: Mammy Awards 2016 / all Winners revealed

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-02-16, 14:13

Welcome to the Mammy Awards 2016. This is a yearly award 'show' i'm doing for several years now, and since it fared pretty well last year with doing a seperate topic instead of posting it on my weekly chart topic, i decided to open a seperate topic for the show this year again. The word 'Mammy' comes from Grammy, and my first name starts with an 'M', that's how the term 'Mammy' originated.

There will be several categories with five nominees in each category, except the Best Video category with a few more nominees. On the post below you can read which categories exist, and the winners as soon as they are announced. Obviously, you can guess the winners, or just leave your thoughts about it

There will be three awars where YOU can choose the winners as well. More to that soon.

The first few nominees will be revealed soon.

For last years topic, please check here: Mammy Awards 2015

Manager
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 23-02-16, 23:09

Excited to see this! I'll be opening the thread of my awards at some point this week, so it'll be great to see how you do it!!

Really hoping to see some certain songs and artists there but I'll keep it hush for now.
    ? i bloom just for you ?

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 02-03-16, 13:30

Quote Originally Posted by bluecherry
    Excited to see this! I'll be opening the thread of my awards at some point this week, so it'll be great to see how you do it!!

Really hoping to see some certain songs and artists there but I'll keep it hush for now.
    Thanks for your interest!

Life keeps me way too busy so i didn't have time to start this yet. But the first stuff is coming VERY soon now

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 02-03-16, 14:08

It's Time to Vote!

For the first three Mammys i need YOU. Like the last two years, it's up to YOU who will win the Reader's choice categories. This year, there's a little rule change, but more about that under each category.

Choose the songs that made the biggest impact on you in 2015 and send me your list (with the first being your favorite) per message. The song must have been released in 2015. Singles, that were already released on an album in a previous year, are still eligible, if the video came out in 2015 (example: Taylor Swift's "Wildest Dreams" is eligible despite being on "1989" which was released in 2014).

Please send me at least 5 songs, and a maximum of 10 songs. Your #1 always gets 10 points, #2 gets 9 points and so on.

Choose the albums that made the biggest impact on you in 2015 and send me your list (with the first being your favorite) per message. The album must have been released in 2015. If an album has a different release date (example: being released in 2014 in Europe, but 2015 in the US) it's still eligible. Same when it comes to re-releases.

Please send me at least 5 albums, and a maximum of 10 albums. Your #1 always gets 10 points, #2 gets 9 points and so on.

Choose the artists that made the biggest impact on you in 2015 and send me your list (with the first being your favorite) per message. The artists must have released at least one single OR one EP OR one album in 2015.

Please send me at least 5 artists, and a maximum of 10 artists. Your #1 always gets 10 points, #2 gets 9 points and so on.

Please ask if there's a question
    The voting is open until further notice.

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-03-16, 08:47

Keep the votes coming

Here are the first nominees. Have fun by guessing the winners

Homeless by Marina Kaye
    I'm In It With You by Loreen
    Run Away With Me by Carly Rae Jepsen
    Same Old Love by Selena Gomez
    Sorry by Justin Bieber

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Solo Performance' is for songs with the genre pop and by one artist. Every pop song which was released as a single during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran, "Heart Attack" by Demi Lovato, "Blown Away" by Carrie Underwood, "Grenade" by Bruno Mars, "Firework" by Katy Perry, "Sparks" by Amy MacDonald and Adam Lambert, who won twice so far with "Whataya Want From Me" and "Never Close Our Eyes". That category exists since 2011 and there used to be two awards from 2011 to 2013 - one for male and one for female.

Adventure Of A Lifetime by Coldplay
    Feel It All by Tokio Hotel
    Jung verdammt by Lo & Leduc
    Mary, Did You Know? by Pentatonix
    Warriors by Imagine Dragons

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group' is for songs with the genre pop and by a Duo or by a Group. Every pop song which was released as a single during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "You Can Never Be Ready" by Sunrise Avenue, "If I Lose Myself" by OneRepublic, "Lost In Paradise" by Evanescence and Selena Gomez & The Scene, who won twice so far with "Hit The Lights" and "A Year Without Rain". That category exists since 2011.

Ain't Nobody (Loves Me Better) by Felix Jaehn ft. Jasmine Thompson
    Good For You by Selena Gomez ft. A$AP Rocky
    Powerful by Major Lazer ft. Ellie Goulding & Tarrus Riley
    Sounds Like Heaven by Marina Kaye ft. Lindsey Stirling
    Sugar by Robin Schulz ft. Francesco Yates

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Collaboration' is for songs with the genre pop and must be a collaboration between at least two artists, no matter if these artists are solo artists, a Duo or a Group. Every pop song which was released as a single during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "Love Me Harder" by Ariana Grande & The Weeknd, "Friends" by Aura Dione ft. Rock Mafia, "We Found Love" by Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris and Lady GaGa, who won twice so far with "Do What U Want" ft. R. Kelly and "Telephone" ft. Beyoncé. That category exists since 2011.

Breathe In. Breathe Out. by Hilary Duff
    Delirium by Ellie Goulding
    E-Mo-Tion by Carly Rae Jepsen
    Fearless by Marina Kaye
    Rebel Heart by Madonna

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Vocal Album' is for albums with the genre pop. Every pop album which was released during 2015 is eligible, instrumental albums are not allowed. Previous winners are "1989" by Taylor Swift, "Britney Jean" by Britney Spears, "Halcyon" by Ellie Goulding, "The Sea" by Melanie C and "La voix du nord" by Malena Ernman. That category exists since 2011.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manager
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-03-16, 14:49

Hoping for: Carly, Coldplay, Selena and Carly! Some great tracks!
    ? i bloom just for you ?

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 09-03-16, 14:03

Thanks you two Didn't know you like Pentatonix, Colbie

Also, don't forget to vote for the reader's choice categories. Just send me a Top5 (or up to Top10) of your favorite songs, albums and artists of 2015 (you can also just send a Top5 for songs, or albums, or artists, or two of them...)

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 09-03-16, 14:40

In And Out Of Love by Armin Van Buuren ft. Sharon Den Adel (Lost Frequencies Remix)
    Raindrops by SNBRN ft. Kerli
    Shine by Years & Years
    Take Flight by Lindsey Stirling
    What I Did For Love by David Guetta ft. Emeli Sandé

The Mammy for 'Best Dance Recording' is for songs with the genre dance/electronic. Every song which was released as a single during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "Only Girl (In The World)" by Rihanna, Kerli, who won twice so far with "Zero Gravity" and "Army Of Love", and Lady GaGa, who won twice so far as well with "G.U.Y." and "Venus". That category exists since 2011.

Communion by Years & Years
    Inna by Inna
    Peace Is The Mission by Major Lazer
    Stories by Avicii
    Sugar by Robin Schulz

The Mammy for 'Best Electronic/Dance Album' is for albums with the genre dance/electronic. Every album which was released during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "Worlds Apart" by Seven Lions, "True" by Avicii, "MDNA" by Madonna, "Nothing But The Beat" by David Guetta and "The Fame" by Lady GaGa. That category exists since 2011.

Crystals by Of Monsters And Men
    High By The Beach by Lana Del Rey
    Little Toy Guns by Carrie Underwood
    My Silver Lining by First Aid Kit
    Wherever Is Your Heart by Brandi Carlile

The Mammy for 'Best Rock/Country/Alternative Song' is for songs with the genre rock/country/alternative. Every song which was released as a single during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "Ride" by Lana Del Rey, "Storytime" by Nightwish, "Until My Last Breath" by Tarja and Within Temptation, who won twice so far with "Edge Of The World" and "Paradise (What About Us?)" ft. Tarja. That category exists since 2011.

All Our Yesterdays by Blackmore's Night
    Smoke + Mirrors by Imagine Dragons
    Stay Gold by First Aid Kit
    The Firewatcher's Daughter by Brandi Carlile
    Vulnicura by Björk

The Mammy for 'Best Rock/Country/Alternative Album' is for albums with the genre rock/country/alternative. Every album which was released during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "Let Us Burn" by Within Temptation, "Colours In The Dark" by Tarja and "Bear Creek" by Brandi Carlile. That category exists since 2013.

Bitch Better Have My Money by Rihanna
    Dance Like We're Making Love by Ciara
    Flash mich by Mark Forster
    Levels by Nick Jonas
    The Hills by The Weeknd

The Mammy for 'Best R&B/Urban Song' is for songs with the genre R&B/urban. Every song which was released as a single during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "Best Mistake" ft. Big Sean and "The Way" ft. Mac Miller, both by Ariana Grande. That category exists since 2014.

Beauty Behind The Madness by The Weeknd
    Jackie by Ciara
    Madness by Guy Sebastian
    Unbreakable by Janet Jackson
    Zucker fürs Volk by Lo & Leduc

The Mammy for 'Best R&B/Urban Album' is for albums with the genre R&B/Urban. Every album which was released during 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are "The Pinkprint" by Nicki Minaj and "Yours Truly" by Ariana Grande. That category exists since 2014.

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 10-03-16, 14:26

^ "High By The Beach" is nominated for Best Rock/Country/Alternative Recording

And she'll be nominated in at least one more category, don't worry.

Also, don't forget to vote for your favorite songs, albums and/or artists for the Reader's choice category

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 09-04-16, 12:13

Sorry for the delay!!

My exams took more time than i expected, and it got busier than expected as well at work during the last month. I'll present the remaining nominees soon, and also reveal the winners soon.

Please also don't forget to vote for your favorite songs, albums and artists for the Reader's choice categories. Check here for the rules. Thanks in advance

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-05-16, 10:55

#flop

sorry for another delay lol

i'm preparing the rest of the nominees now to reveal all together later today or tomorrow, and already reveal the winners tomorrow or on monday, so everything is finally done

Anyway, if someone still wants to vote in the reader's choice categories, feel free to vote

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-05-16, 12:22

Crystal Sky by Lena
    Endless Forms Most Beautiful by Nightwish
    Froot by Marina And The Diamonds
    Honeymoon by Lana Del Rey
    25 by Adele

The Mammy for 'Album Of The Year' is for every album which was released during 2015, no matter of its genre. The album which made the biggest impact on me during that year will win. Previous winners are "Shine" by Anette Olzon, "Lindsey Stirling" by Lindsey Stirling, "Born To Die" by Lana Del Rey, "21" by Adele and "The Fame" by Lady GaGa. That category exists since 2011.

Adore by Jasmine Thompson
    Élan by Nightwish
    Hello by Adele
    Lean On by Major Lazer, DJ Snake & MO
    Never Forget You by Zara Larsson & MNEK

The Mammy for 'Song Of The Year' is for every single which was released during 2015, no matter of its genre. The song which made the biggest impact on me during that year will win. Previous winners are "Break Free" by Ariana Grande ft. Zedd, "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus, "Born To Die" by Lana Del Rey, "Someone Like You" by Adele and "Bad Romance" by Lady GaGa. That category exists since 2011.

Adele
    Björk
    Lana Del Rey
    Lena
    Nightwish

The Mammy for 'Artist Of The Year' is for every artist who released a single and/or an album and/or an EP during 2015, no matter of its genre. The artist which made the biggest impact on me during that year will win. Previous winners are Within Temptation and Kerli. That category exists since 2014.

Black Lake by Björk
    Devil Pray by Madonna
    Shudder Before The Beautiful by Nightwish
    Swan Song by Lana Del Rey
    The Girl by Lena

The Mammy for 'Best Album Track' is for every song, which wasn't released as a single and is on an album that was released during 2015, no matter of its genre. The best song will win. Previous winner is "Moving Away" by Anette Olzon. That category exists since 2015.

Ed Sheeran
    Madonna
    Nightwish
    Tarja

During 2015, i attended four concerts and every artist i've seen live is nominated for the Mammy for 'Best Live Act' . The act i enjoyed the most and made the best concert will win. Previous winners are Within Temptation. That category exists since 2015.

Grimes
    Jasmine Thompson
    Marina Kaye
    Meghan Trainor
    Zara Larsson

The Mammy for 'Best New Artist' is for every artist, who released a single and/or an album and/or an EP during 2015, no matter of its genre. The artist must be a new one or must have had his first entry ever on my charts during 2015. The artist which had the biggest impact on me and is the most promising one will win. Previous winners are Sam Smith, Ariana Grande, Loreen, Bruno Mars and Ke$ha. That category exists since 2011.

Anette Olzon
    Ariana Grande
    Björk
    Blackmore’s Night
    Hilary Duff
    Lena
    Madonna
    Nightwish
    Selena Gomez
    Within Temptation

The ten most played artists during 2015 are nominted for the Mammy for 'Best Airplay Artist', no matter if their played stuff was released during 2015 or not. Not the artist with the most plays will win, but the one that got played all the time during that year and had the biggest impact on my daily life through this. Previous winners are Within Temptation and Kerli. That category exists since 2014.

Adele – Hello
    Ariana Grande – One Last Time
    Ciara – Dance Like We’re Making Love
    CL – Hello Bitches
    Lana Del Rey – High By The Beach
    Lena – Traffic Lights
    Lindsey Stirling – Take Flight
    Major Lazer ft. Ellie Goulding & Tarrus Riley - Powerful
    Nightwish – Élan
    Zara Larsson & MNEK – Never Forget You

The Mammy for 'Best Music Video' is for every music video, which was released during 2015. The best music video wins. Previous winners are "G.U.Y." by Lady GaGa and "Work Bitch" by Britney Spears. That category exists since 2014.

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-05-16, 12:23

So all nominees are revealed now!

I know this has been messy but i'd love to see some guesses, or even some votes for the reader's choice categories.

Winners are being revealed tomorrow or on monday

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 16-05-16, 12:59

Mammy Awards 2016 - Winners

• Same Old Love by Selena Gomez

• Warriors by Imagine Dragons

• Sounds Like Heaven by Marina Kaye ft. Lindsey Stirling

• Breathe In. Breathe Out. by Hilary Duff