Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 1920

Thread: Britney Spears - Make Me... (feat. G-Eazy)

by » Mon May 27th, 2019, 20:03

Quote Originally Posted by JeremySpears View Post
    We all know that DYWCO should’ve been the lead
    I have never heard anyone make that assumption lol. It would have been a terrible lead. Fine 3rd or 4th single.

Manager
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

by » Mon May 27th, 2019, 21:41

Quote Originally Posted by Instinct View Post
    Really? You seem to love generic music given the fact Femme Fatale is your fave album.
    I love FF indeed but it’s not my fav. But I will fight the brainless FF hate any time though if that’s what you mean. Guess "generic" 2011 music is better than generic 2016 music?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Tue May 28th, 2019, 06:54

Femme Fatale is one of her best album, that's a fact!
    Haven't been early since '88

by » Mon June 24th, 2019, 00:40

Quote Originally Posted by mattsky View Post
    Femme Fatale is one of her best album, that's a fact!
    I think it just has stronger highlights in a row... but not overly cohesive
    Forever Young

Superstar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

by » Mon June 24th, 2019, 00:43

Quote Originally Posted by Loveguru View Post
    I think it just has stronger highlights in a row... but not overly cohesive
    I would say the opposite. Femme Fatale is a very cohesive album.

by » Mon June 24th, 2019, 00:45

It is my favourite britney album but I wouldn't listen to it from start to finish but it does have some of my most played britney songs though
    Forever Young

Manager
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

by » Mon June 24th, 2019, 01:34

Quote Originally Posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
    I would say the opposite. Femme Fatale is a very cohesive album.
    FF really is that girl.

by » Sun July 14th, 2019, 20:15

3 years ago today, Britney released "Make Me..." as the lead single from her ninth studio album, "Glory". The critically acclaimed track peaked at #17 on the Billboard Hot 100 and is certified 1x Platinum in the US.

Happy 3rd anniversary to this gem! Still one of her best leads It has aged so well.

make me....move

Manager
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

by » Sun July 14th, 2019, 20:27

Isn’t the anniversary tomorrow?

Anyway. This is still one of my faves. I like G-Eazy and I loved it that they collaborated. I remember being slayed when I got up that morning and saw the post that the song is out. I listened to it on the way to school, in class and during the breaks. No one could talk to me. And the same day I went to the a party and let them play the song. A moment. I loved her raw vocals on the song and just the entire production. I still do.

Happy anniversary to this bop :,)

by » Sun July 14th, 2019, 20:28

Yay 3 years already! I legit love this tune, I remember the excitement when it came out and being slayed because it was exactly what I wanted (sound-wise) for Britney at that time.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)

by » Sun July 14th, 2019, 20:40

This was kute for what it was but they really couldn’t afford someone better than G-Eazy?
    9/1/19 - A Date That Will Live In Infamy:
    Quote Originally Posted by ilearnedfromthebest View Post
    Just discovered We Belong Together and love it!

Legend
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)

by » Sun July 14th, 2019, 20:48

Not one of my favourite single from her and also not from her lead singles. But I really love the single cover, this is one of her best.
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Manager
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

by » Sun July 14th, 2019, 22:46

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Yay 3 years already! I legit love this tune, I remember the excitement when it came out and being slayed because it was exactly what I wanted (sound-wise) for Britney at that time.
    Same!
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

Legend
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 00:12

I clearly remember having the world premiere of it listened through KissFM whilst i was stuck in a heavy traffic jam near the Santa Monica Pier's parking space. If I'm not mistaken it was 9pm or 9.15pm when it was played for the first time.

Anyways; this and matm do remain as my least favorite britney debut singles; i wish i could have loved them but both turned out to be snoozefests to my ears. :(

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 01:01

One of her best singles ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 05:52

Quote Originally Posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
    One of her best singles ever.
    amen
    Forever Young

Manager
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

by » Sun September 8th, 2019, 15:07

Should Have Been Bigger: Britney Spears’ “Make Me…” Deserved More

Being a Britney Spears fan is not for the weak of heart. There are a lot of soaring highs and crushing lows that go into stanning the Princess of Pop. But luckily, she never lets us down for long. She proved just that with “Make Me…” in 2016. After the travesty of a personal album gone wrong (Britney Jean), she turned things around with the lead single to her appropriately titled 9th LP Glory. The track, a collab with G-Eazy, signified a much-needed return to creative risk-taking.

After 17 years of launching eras with dance floor bangers or saccharine bubble gum, the Holy Spearit explored a new direction with the ethereal midtempo produced by Burns. Laying her voice over a production lush with outlandish synths, she urges a lover to take her to another level. She only wants one thing: to be made to “ooh.” And her collaborator delivered a surefire verse of his own. All things considered, it looked like a serious hit. So much so that the bop almost immediately claimed the top spot on US iTunes.

Not only that, but it debuted at number 17 on the Billboard Hot 100. In doing so, it became her 20th Top 20 hit on the chart. Really, legends only. However, the quirky pop delight could have been so much bigger. B-Girl was poised to ride it at least into the Top 10 if not higher with a planned performance at the 2016 VMAs. But disaster struck when the song’s original music video (directed by David LaChapelle) was scrapped at the last minute for unknown reasons.

Brit dropped a hastily thrown together visual courtesy of Randee St. Nicholas. Suffice to say what we got was not exactly up to par. As fans rallied behind petitions to see the original, buzz died out. Even her long-awaited return to the VMAs (another underrated event) wasn’t enough to rekindle the fire. Had things gone a little differently, “Make Me…” could have changed the trajectory for the era. But by the time we got a truly solid video for “Slumber Party,” there wasn’t enough life left to send that track up the Hot 100.

Instead, the single lives on as a reminder of the magic that happens when Britney Spears pushes the boundaries of pop. Revisit the gorgeous gem below.

http://www.idolator.com/7864782/shou...nPoint001_p1=1

Where are the lies???

Legend
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

by » Sat September 14th, 2019, 04:16

You have to give her A for effort here, I never thought she would ever deliver after butchering lead single performances for "Hold It Against Me" and "Work Bitch".

It was definitely a work in progress era for her, the promo was great and she worked with different producers that she seemed to have great chemistry with.

by » Sat September 14th, 2019, 13:57

might be her worst single. its zzz