User Tag List

Page 5475 of 6675 FirstFirst ... 447549755375542554655473547454755476547754855525557559756475 ... LastLast
Results 136,851 to 136,875 of 166856

Thread: Mariah Carey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 20:59

Quote Originally Posted by SmartIsNewSexy
    Speaking of Lambs, what is Mariah's relationship with Tamar ?
    I seem to recall Mariah being appreciative, just dont remember the context.
    Ambiguous, without a sense of belonging to touch..

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:12

The Performance was visually pure art. Like a moving & singing Picasso painting.
    Somebody's doing the wrong note.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:13

Quote Originally Posted by SmartIsNewSexy
    Speaking of Lambs, what is Mariah's relationship with Tamar ?
    Tamar did attend (and meet) Mariah's 1st residency in Vegas and MC mentioned she like "Love & War".

Interesting Mariah has NEVER mentioned Toni Braxton at ALL.
    twitter.com/H0neyBF1y

Manager
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:15

I think it's nice of us to imagine if Ariana gives a way for her fans to listen to Mariah by promoting her, but the truth is, Ariana has never been a true Lamb to begin with. You did not refer to Mariah as the queen vocalist at one point and completely erased her from your 'taste' of 'favorite singers' until recently, just because the Lambily attacked you less nowadays. We, Lambily, have always been too forgiving to those who aren't truly nice toward Mariah. We often lowered the bar that Mariah had set for her own standard just to make Mariah 'more relatable' or 'more liked' by the ever-growing population & new generation that blossomed each decade.

I think not all of us realize how high Mariah is in term of artistry and integrity. The fact that Mariah even released songs like GTFO and With You and few other songs before 2018 that all stayed in one genre: R&B, actually put Mariah in the place where not that many people can touch. Mariah, unlike many other stars we're witnessing today, has proved herself to be an authentic and original figure in music and recording history. She never hopped on one trend that's currently popular just because she wanted an easy hit, instead she took her time to make hits by her own (and with the help of the talented people around her too).
    Hi

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:16

Quote Originally Posted by delapuerta
    Mariah was very sweet with Toni in this gala

https://youtu.be/703SQI8B0YU
    This is true! I haven't heard MC mentioned any comments about her though...
    twitter.com/H0neyBF1y

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:20

My friend and I loved Mariah in the 1990s but she hasn’t paid attention since really... I just told her Mariah had a new song, sent her it and thought she was gonna say “not a fan” but she “loved it!” Described it as “very 90s Mariah but modern too”
    She also said “bloody ell, she hasn’t aged a day!”

She also said “I didn’t know she was releasing new stuff anymore”

Mariah needs to promote here! This is why she doesn’t chart. Nobody knows about it.
    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Manager
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:22

Quote Originally Posted by daudshn
    Ariana has never been a true Lamb to begin with. You did not refer to Mariah as the queen vocalist at one point and completely erased her from your 'taste' of 'favorite singers' until recently, just because the Lambily attacked you less nowadays.
    It's not that serious. While I don't think Mariah was "rude" to her, I think it's completely understable that she was hurt and/or put off by the whole "Mariah shades Ariana" thing. Even if Mariah did not necessarily shade her, I know I'd be hurt if my idol refused to adknowledge me.

I think it was all a big misunderstanding on both parts, though. And I don't think there's any real bad blood between them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:26

I think it's nice of us to imagine if Ariana gives a way for her fans to listen to Mariah by promoting her, but the truth is, Ariana has never been a true Lamb to begin with. You did not refer to Mariah as the queen vocalist at one point and completely erased her from your 'taste' of 'favorite singers' until recently, just because the Lambily attacked you less nowadays. We, Lambily, have always been too forgiving to those who aren't truly nice toward Mariah. We often lowered the bar that Mariah had set for her own standard just to make Mariah 'more relatable' or 'more liked' by the ever-growing population & new generation that blossomed each decade.

I think not all of us realize how high Mariah is in term of artistry and integrity. The fact that Mariah even released songs like GTFO and With You and few other songs before 2018 that all stayed in one genre: R&B, actually put Mariah in the place where not that many people can touch. Mariah, unlike many other stars we're witnessing today, has proved herself to be an authentic and original figure in music and recording history. She never hopped on one trend that's currently popular just because she wanted an easy hit, instead she took her time to make hits by her own (and with the help of the talented people around her too).

I agree, Ariana let her own ego get in front of the truth. And it is sad indeed. I wont support her until she truly repents.
    Ambiguous, without a sense of belonging to touch..

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:32

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMonkey
    My friend and I loved Mariah in the 1990s but she hasn’t paid attention since really... I just told her Mariah had a new song, sent her it and thought she was gonna say “not a fan” but she “loved it!” Described it as “very 90s Mariah but modern too”
    She also said “bloody ell, she hasn’t aged a day!”

She also said “I didn’t know she was releasing new stuff anymore”

Mariah needs to promote here! This is why she doesn’t chart. Nobody knows about it.
    I think this is a situation that plagues most artists that have been around a couple decades or more. There is so much ageism in radio now, and MTV/VH1 have no real pull with the GP at this point. There aren't a lot of effective methods for artists to reach beyond their base (at least directly with the music). Good to see Mariah trending on YT, that can be a way of getting it out there.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:35

Quote Originally Posted by BreathlesslyFervid

I agree, Ariana let her own ego get in front of the truth. And it is sad indeed. I wont support her until she truly repents.
    This is insanity. Y’all saw her as a threat and she never was one.

Mariah sacrificed her art early on not by choice too
    She was very vocal about it like Ariana is being now about all of the Max Martin singles she doesn’t like

Of course she will never be the legend Mariah is, or possess the same talent and sheer star power, so get over it!

I love seeing women support women, and Ariana never said a mean thing about Mariah in her life
    #CAUTION

Roadie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:37

I'm a bit late but I have been catching up, had to go through a gazillion new pages (meltdowns included).

I love the video so much, I mean... How beautiful does she look? Love the fact it's black and white, amazing cinematography, different looks (wet hair look is everythiiiing) and super classy. Just exactly what I have been wishing from her.

Her smile after she sings into the hair brush <3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:37

....I think your statement is a bit scary... but go off... I guess?
    Hi

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:38

I don't think Mariah has ever been intentionally mean to any artists (let alone person).

She has always reacted to people disrespecting her which has been uncalled for, or for tabloid fodder.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoney
    So does her microphone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:41

Quote Originally Posted by allygdale

This is insanity.
    I feel bad now because I was just explaining my opinion about the whole "oooh Ariana stans Mariah again let them meet" thing that has been here for like, last few pages back. But BreathlesslyFervid's statement is truly concerning for me.

Mariah doesn't need to be celebrated like God. Let us just celebrate her as a human being that actually makes good music and have different sets of standard that is really different with the young stars we have post-2010.
    Hi

Roadie
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:41

She liked a Rita Ora pics now. Yay queen of interaction ... finally!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:44

Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    I don't think Mariah has ever been intentionally mean to any artists (let alone person).

She has always reacted to people disrespecting her which has been uncalled for, or for tabloid fodder.
    Because she's not a mean/rude person naturally. The only time she treated people a bit differently was when motherfucking Stella managed her. I'm happy we don't see that woman again near Mariah.
    Hi

Manager
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:44

Wait. Is Mariah going to Japan to promote the best of? Why isn't she staying in the US and promoting the hell out of With You??!!!
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:46

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBreakaway
    Wait. Is Mariah going to Japan to promote the best of? Why isn't she staying in the US and promoting the hell out of With You??!!!
    Because she has a concert.
    Hi

Manager
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:47

She's offering a concert the 13th and she's back at the end of the month with the tour. I feel she wants her Japanese fanbase back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:49

To get the Rich Asians Back! Kidding But I think it was already booked before the plan of releasing the single and album.
    "I really hope when you hear this song. That you know it was meant for you."

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 21:57

Quote Originally Posted by allygdale

This is insanity. Y’all saw her as a threat and she never was one.

Mariah sacrificed her art early on not by choice too
    She was very vocal about it like Ariana is being now about all of the Max Martin singles she doesn’t like

Of course she will never be the legend Mariah is, or possess the same talent and sheer star power, so get over it!

I love seeing women support women, and Ariana never said a mean thing about Mariah in her life
    Ariana is not a threat. Who sees her as a threat? Nobody except those who feel inclined to commercial success. I do not.
    We never know whether Ariana will be considered as a music legend by the future generation, so I'm not going to say something like you said. Ariana never said any mean words about Mariah? Yup. Because she didn't talk, she often liked people who talked negatively about Mariah prior to 2018. The most famous one was when she liked Demi's 'shady' comments against Mariah in late 2015 (or was it early 2016?).
    Hi

Manager
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-10-18, 22:00

Quote Originally Posted by claywire
    To get the Rich Asians Back! Kidding But I think it was already booked before the plan of releasing the single and album.
    The dates which were already booked were 31 oct 1st and 2nd of November. This date is recent