User Tag List

Page 6587 of 6715 FirstFirst ... 5587608764876537657765856586658765886589659766376687 ... LastLast
Results 164,651 to 164,675 of 167856

Thread: Mariah Carey

Legend
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 19:06

Quote Originally Posted by mariahmatherspacker
    Quote Originally Posted by stevyy
    If Riri wouldn't be a direct threat for Mariah's #1's record, I could appreciate her more. But the way she expresses her inner lamb is always a pleasure to see. She likes Mariah, Mariah likes her. That's lovely.
    She won’t touch Mariah’s record. The last few eras she’s only managed one #1 per album, she’s maybe got 1-2 more #1s left in her at most before hitting her mid/late thirties.
    In this day and age... she will get MASSIVE streams especially teaming up with the hottest males, I smell another Drake collaboration which will probably stay at #1 for 10-14 weeks. Another #1 with cardi 5-6 weeks, another #1 with Kendrick 3-4 weeks, another #1 solo, another #1 with someone else, and another #1 with someone else.

I think the limit for her is 25-30 #1 singles in the United States.

Mariah will be lucky to reach 19 with AIWFCIY.

But that's all fine. I look at #1's as if they were Tennis Grand Slam Titles. And Mariah has been the Steffi Graf of music. Madonna being the Navratilova and maybe Rihanna will become the Serena.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 19:23

she isn't friends with drake anymore. so we can at least exclude another collabo between these two.

Her popularity is still very strong. and she's a streaming monster. thats what makes me nervous af. I mean i like Rihanna but she doesn't deserve to break Mariah's record. Mariah worked so hard for everything and it would be a damn shame to see anyone - especially from this era breaking any of her records.
    Destrashito being tied with OSD was nightmare enough.
    Somebody's doing the wrong note.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 19:38

Quote Originally Posted by delapuerta
    Quote Originally Posted by heartlocked
    Quote Originally Posted by jochen

We werent there . No one really knows but them two.

I like tommy the bizzness man
    He put her on top and he was right.

She was young and wanted out fine their marriage one day. But good lord...he didnt slap or rape her.

Life is no fairytale.
    They tried to live toghther it didnt work. Period.

Hecwas jelous . And?
    We all are. One more one less.
    He wanted control. And?
    I want this to with my family

He is no devil. It's all past
    Please, this is serious:
    "he didnt slap or rape her."

This commentary of you it's gross, nasty and disgusting. Seriously you hurt me, not only because Mariah, because you don't know anything about the people who post stuff here, obviously you don't know a thing about abusive relationships. Your denying people suffering with this (that you already post in the past), their stories and how hard is to recover from this. It's not funny. It's very probably that many of us have lived abusive situations and this is completely unfair
    There are way more people on here opposing Jochen's views than agreeing with him of that I'm sure. It's clear that Jochen is so small-minded, probably fighting for the few things he has left while the world around him evolves and grows up. We can only feel sorry for him.

One thing though: it's such a myth that Tommy was solely responsible for Mariah's success. It were Mariah's lyrics and melodies, it was Mariah's voice and story that resonated with people. He may have given her a chance with the record deal, but Mariah would've succeeded with or without Tommy.

Legend
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 19:40

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodriah
    she isn't friends with drake anymore. so we can at least exclude another collabo between these two.

Her popularity is still very strong. and she's a streaming monster. thats what makes me nervous af. I mean i like Rihanna but she doesn't deserve to break Mariah's record. Mariah worked so hard for everything and it would be a damn shame to see anyone - especially from this era breaking any of her records.
    Destrashito being tied with OSD was nightmare enough.
    we will have to wait and see. I think that Rihanna's next album will break streaming records left and right... I see 300-500 million first week streams on Spotify alone.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 19:42

If Riri wouldn't be a direct threat for Mariah's #1's record, I could appreciate her more. But the way she expresses her inner lamb is always a pleasure to see. She likes Mariah, Mariah likes her. That's lovely.
    She won’t touch Mariah’s record. The last few eras she’s only managed one #1 per album, she’s maybe got 1-2 more #1s left in her at most before hitting her mid/late thirties.
    In this day and age... she will get MASSIVE streams especially teaming up with the hottest males, I smell another Drake collaboration which will probably stay at #1 for 10-14 weeks. Another #1 with cardi 5-6 weeks, another #1 with Kendrick 3-4 weeks, another #1 solo, another #1 with someone else, and another #1 with someone else.

But that's all fine. I look at #1's as if they were Tennis Grand Slam Titles. And Mariah has been the Steffi Graf of music. Madonna being the Navratilova and maybe Rihanna will become the Serena.
    Interesting. And who is Gunter Parche?

Rihanna won´t break Mariah´s record. But she will take the record for most top 10. You can bet on it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 19:47

Quote Originally Posted by Juancito75

Interesting. And who is Gunter Parche?
    me. probably. Only that I never harmed anyone.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 19:48

Mariah will hopefully reveal everything in her memoirs.
    This Man is sick & evil and tortured her emotionally. He treated her like a slave, locked up in that big mansion, controlled by his people. I don't understand why some people still trying to portray him as the man who's responisble for her success.

someone as talented as Mariah would have found a Label sooner or later. and we know that she was about to sign to another record label before the rat snatched the tape
    Somebody's doing the wrong note.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 20:18

Didn,t you say back in 2010 that Gaga and Katy would have like 400 million record sales by now?
    I believe music market is really hard to forsee nowadays...

I remember when Rihanna came out with bitch better have my money, a lot of ppl were celebrating the fact that the single didnt performe properly and she didnt have a hot single in her hands...
    Nowadays anything can happen but I honestly dont see Rihanna getting more than 5 number ones in the next 10 years, maybe 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 20:21

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodriah
    someone as talented as Mariah would have found a Label sooner or later. and we know that she was about to sign to another record label before the rat snatched the tape
    That's not the issue, IMO. Yes, I'm sure many labels would have died to have her with them, the fact is that people at Columbia Records knew how to market her in the 'correct' way for the start of her career, rather than just a trashy pop teenager or God knows how it all would have happened. From the start, Mariah earned a very respectable image as a singer with an incredible voice and a mature young lady that kicked ass at songwriting as well, instead of just a sexy doll.

Of course, the first Mariah wasn't 100% Mariah like she would have liked to be, we all know that, but I wonder what would have happened in her career if the initial focus had been different.

And this has nothing to do with Tommy being an abusive husband or not (I think he was, he even admitted it).
    They'll never find a way, tomatoes fade away

Legend
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 20:38

Tommy's influence - I think - was strongest during Music Box. Mariah would not have recorded an album like that, but her debut and Emotions would have still been more or less the same without his influence on her as an artist.

I love demure-Mariah. She was so innocent... and took the world by storm.

Today...the same way wouldn't even get your an internet with a record label. Today females have to show their poochies on their first meetings and blow a superior. It's insane.

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 20:45

Tommy's influence - I think - was strongest during Music Box. Mariah would not have recorded an album like that, but her debut and Emotions would have still been more or less the same without his influence on her as an artist.
    The albums would have been different. She would have worked with different co-writers and the songs (except for the ones with Ben Margulies) would have been different. The video for Vision Of Love would have been very different, her image would have been different. Emotions would have been very different as she probably wouldn't have worked with C&C and not with Walter Afanasieff either.
    My personal chart New entries by... Eurovision acts and Ava Max - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 20:50

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay
    The albums would have been different. She would have worked with different co-writers and the songs (except for the ones with Ben Margulies) would have been different. The video for Vision Of Love would have been very different, her image would have been different. Emotions would have been very different as she probably wouldn't have worked with C&C and not with Walter Afanasieff either.
    I disagree because big vocalist at the time... were all doing ballads. Mariah dabbling into dancewith C&C was as cool as one could get back then.

In 1993 she would have recorded a pure R&B album like Janet's Janet. album because it was the most popular genre at the time.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 20:54

MC’s tweets with R.Kelly are resurfacing...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 20:58

I think Rihanna scoring 25-30 #1 singles throughout her career is not possible... even though her streaming numbers are massive she has already entered her 30s and her industry shelf-life is nearing its final years (Mariah's non-holiday clout started to diminish in her late 30s). In my opinion Rihanna will tie with Mariah both scoring 19 #1s.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 21:06

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteMariahFan
    I loved watching "Mariah: The Diva, The Demons, The Drama" recently and the actor who played Tommy Mottola, Andrei Claude is steamin' HOT

Who else felt shocked at learning the facts that ended Mariah and Tommy's marriage? He was VERY manipulative

She was young and wanted out fine their marriage one day. But good lord...he didnt slap or rape her.

Life is no fairytale.

Hecwas jelous . And?
    He wanted control. And?

Did you not see the interview with JD about the recording of Alwayd Be My Bany remix?!?!!? You like him?!?!?
    Bodyguards had guns when they approached JD asking where she was when she only went to McDonald’s!
    Would you want to be in a controlling relationship like that?!?!? I know you love old school Mariah music, but you seem to ignore the fact that SHE was not happy in that relationship with Tommy!
    Come on now!

Legend
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 21:08

Quote Originally Posted by hotMCfan

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 21:09

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone
    I think Rihanna scoring 25-30 #1 singles throughout her career is not possible... even though her streaming numbers are massive she has already entered her 30s and her industry shelf-life is nearing its final years (Mariah's non-holiday clout started to diminish in her late 30s). In my opinion Rihanna will tie with Mariah both scoring 19 #1s.
    I agree with u , Rihanna has had 2 number ones in 6 years....ppl should just do some maths...

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 21:14

2 of the most iconic legends ever working together back in the day, so what?

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 21:28

The songs she did with him have already resurfaced, as did their 2013 IG photo. I've also seen the performance they did a couple of years ago being discussed. EDIT: Didn't see that Wayne posted the performance before I said this.

I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon of shaming celebrities who worked with him despite knowing his history. Sis disappointed me at the time, so there's nothing to get upset over now. Plus, I think people are misguided in going after the complacent celebrities when he's the one they should be focused on.

Manager
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 21:30

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne

I don't know what's the best thing to do, but shd should acknowledge the situation. The thing is Brett Ratnet was accused of the same and she remained quiet

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 21:33

Quote Originally Posted by Marchum
    2 of the most iconic legends ever working together back in the day, so what?
    It wasn't "back in the day", it was a few years ago. She knew about the tape, the documented inappropriateness with Aaliyah, and the years of allegations. She just didn't care. Hardly anyone did. Everyone knew, but they didn't care, or at least, didn't care enough to stay away from him. It's okay to admit that our fave made a mistake.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 21:38

Please, this is serious:

This commentary of you it's gross, nasty and disgusting. Seriously you hurt me, not only because Mariah, because you don't know anything about the people who post stuff here, obviously you don't know a thing about abusive relationships. Your denying people suffering with this (that you already post in the past), their stories and how hard is to recover from this. It's not funny. It's very probably that many of us have lived abusive situations and this is completely unfair
    Thank you for saying this. Having lived through an abusive, controlling relationship I WISHED that man would have hit me so I could have had something visible to proof his abuse, instead the scars I carry with me, are on the inside.
    #SideEffects.
    I'm so sorry, heartlocked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 21:44

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteMariahFan
    I loved watching "Mariah: The Diva, The Demons, The Drama" recently and the actor who played Tommy Mottola, Andrei Claude is steamin' HOT

Spoiler!

Who else felt shocked at learning the facts that ended Mariah and Tommy's marriage? He was VERY manipulative

Life is no fairytale.

Hecwas jelous . And?
    He wanted control. And?

Ew
    Please, this is serious:

He makes these comments and gets an okay for whatever reason every time, nothing new..
    Stop singing my part now baby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 21:44

Jochen please, don't you dare say anything like that again. It seems that you've never been through a painful and abusive relationship. That still doesn't give you the right to say that Tommy was "a little jealous". He was straight up manipulative. Mariah wasn't free with him, she even had curfews when going out. And being a little jealous isn't necessarily bad, but Tommy's jealousy was out of hand. Hopefully you'll never have to go through this in your life. And having gone through that in my life, it pains me to see that you think this is alright.
    Caution ;)