Page 7042 of 7060 FirstFirst ... 60426542694269927032704070417042704370447052 ... LastLast
Results 176,026 to 176,050 of 176484

Thread: Mariah Carey

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 21:21

Quote Originally Posted by himc15 View Post
    as the year goes by People are connecting Mariah with Xmas even more, it's like when u think of Xmas songs, it's Mariah's song that comes to mind,
    I hope she gets the #1 this year in UK too,

+ I think she will reenter early this year in Hot 100 coz of the re - release of her Xmas stuffs,

#Excited
    I thought the idea was to ship all of that on the christmas week so she can chart higher with the album and the single

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 21:28

They're still using her name in these singing shows to draw people in.
    "You can build a new heart and a new house
    Gonna take some time but things will turn out
    So much of everything will be waiting for you..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1

Legend
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 21:41

^ I doubt she'll do such a show. Maybe if they have a Christmas themed episode...
    My Instagram... - Click here

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 22:01

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    She’s not the owner of her masters. Glitter is the only master she owns.
    It's been stated here that she has 50% ownership of her masters. That's probably why Columbia had to work with her on Greatest Hits instead of just releasing what they wanted. If memory serves, she and Tommy Mottola worked it out in a dinner meeting? I'm too lazy to look it up.

IDK how much of her publishing she owns.

Legend
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 22:02

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
    ^ I doubt she'll do such a show. Maybe if they have a Christmas themed episode...
    I'm not entirely sure how this show works...but the masked singer is using their real voice, right? So the second Mariah would start singing... she would expose herself. There are people who are just too familiar and famous to participate in these shows.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 22:11

Quote Originally Posted by stevyy View Post
    I'm not entirely sure how this show works...but the masked singer is using their real voice, right? So the second Mariah would start singing... she would expose herself. There are people who are just too familiar and famous to participate in these shows.
    She's not ever going to do it. The show is a contest for singers/celebrities, in ridiculous costumes, with a winner outcome. As if she'd even CONSIDER something like that LOL.
    The only spot she'll ever take is the judge of judges, which was 'promised' to her before they screwed her over on Idol.
    "You can build a new heart and a new house
    Gonna take some time but things will turn out
    So much of everything will be waiting for you..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1

Legend
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 22:15

Quote Originally Posted by Colombia71345 View Post
    on top of that we have those additional sales ....I wonder how many copies will that be? 30K? 40k? 60K?

I would like to hear what Stevy has to say about this...I wanna know his prediction in terms of points for the BBhot100 broke down for sales, radio support and streaming.

HOw many days will we have for streaming? 6 out of 7? what about radio? 5 days? same question for sales
    sales will be incredibly irrelevant for AIWFCIY's quest for #1 this year... of course the more she sells the better. Are you referring to the physical singles of AIWFCIY this year?

My estimation is that during its best week, the AIWFCIY singles will shift not more than maybe 8k-10k... and even that is a stretch. The last time she had a physical single in the US was Obsessed which sold in that region to hit #1 on the sales chart.... (total sales to dare are 30k-physical singles).

8k in 2019 for a physical single would give her one of the biggest selling physical singles of the decade. #RIP

But then again, it is Xmas and maybe it will be gifted, who knows. But my experience tells me, that the physical single will not make any difference. (In Germany however, the physical single would be extremely important bc the German singles chart is a revenue chart and a more expensive single would generate more gross and therefore a higher placing.)

A physical single could also work well in Japan (and maybe Korea)...

AIWFCIY's success is 90% dependent on streaming these days and 9% dependent on airplay and 1% dependent on sales imo.

Legend
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 22:17

Quote Originally Posted by Hejira View Post
    She's not ever going to do it. The show is a contest for singers/celebrities, in ridiculous costumes, with a winner outcome. As if she'd even CONSIDER something like that LOL.
    The only spot she'll ever take is the judge of judges, which was 'promised' to her before they screwed her over on Idol.
    I agree. Altho... it would have been cool if this show existed in 1998 and Mariah/Whitney could have performed their duet like that. They could have fooled a lot of people... not knowing who sings what and when. <3

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 23:20

Quote Originally Posted by banksy View Post
    It's been stated here that she has 50% ownership of her masters. That's probably why Columbia had to work with her on Greatest Hits instead of just releasing what they wanted. If memory serves, she and Tommy Mottola worked it out in a dinner meeting? I'm too lazy to look it up.

You’re confusing the masters and her publishing. She owns her publishing. She does not own the master albums. Only Glitter.

Legend
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 23:33

The extra sales may be used to pad the days post-Christmas when her streams will tumble significantly. So they need something to support the song as both streaming and airplay will take big blows.

Legend
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 23:37

Quote Originally Posted by stevyy View Post
    sales will be incredibly irrelevant for AIWFCIY's quest for #1 this year... of course the more she sells the better. Are you referring to the physical singles of AIWFCIY this year?

My estimation is that during its best week, the AIWFCIY singles will shift not more than maybe 8k-10k... and even that is a stretch. The last time she had a physical single in the US was Obsessed which sold in that region to hit #1 on the sales chart.... (total sales to dare are 30k-physical singles).

8k in 2019 for a physical single would give her one of the biggest selling physical singles of the decade. #RIP

But then again, it is Xmas and maybe it will be gifted, who knows. But my experience tells me, that the physical single will not make any difference. (In Germany however, the physical single would be extremely important bc the German singles chart is a revenue chart and a more expensive single would generate more gross and therefore a higher placing.)

A physical single could also work well in Japan (and maybe Korea)...

AIWFCIY's success is 90% dependent on streaming these days and 9% dependent on airplay and 1% dependent on sales imo.
    I can’t wait until Kween has the #1 single in your and @aRatchet’s Hole. The good sis will be pulling ha whiskers out!
    29/3/2005

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 23:48

This is literally the first year Mariah is putting effort into potentially scoring the #1 spot with AIW.
    It’s surprising how little she did the past 2 years (no effort or promo) yet AIW went to #3!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 23:59

Quote Originally Posted by banksy View Post

My bad. İ thought she possesses all of her original Masters. Thx for the info.

by » Thu October 10th, 2019, 00:45

how "It's Like That [Demo] from 1995 (Daydreamriah)" would sound: https://vocaroo.com/i/s0ioCSgy7zMR

just for laughs, darlings

by » Thu October 10th, 2019, 01:07

Quote Originally Posted by bm08 View Post
    The extra sales may be used to pad the days post-Christmas when her streams will tumble significantly. So they need something to support the song as both streaming and airplay will take big blows.
    she's missing 1 day this year or am I wrong?

Manager
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Thu October 10th, 2019, 01:24

So both Amazon and Target have the new Christmas album available for pre-order at $11.99. It's definitely cheaper to get the Christmas album through them.
    I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

by » Thu October 10th, 2019, 01:29

^^ she will only miss 3 days of airplay, which I think will be okay since her team will (hopefully) focus on getting more streams and sales for that week.

Manager
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Thu October 10th, 2019, 01:41

That's true. Maybe 4 days of airplay is enough. People are going #1 now with less than 30-50 Million audience impressions. Mariah gets more than that Christmas week and the week before Christmas.
    I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

by » Thu October 10th, 2019, 01:41

oh sorry

look at the calender Guys, the charging week which they are and also we should focus on is the 20th Friday - 26th Thursday for Sales + Streaming,

Airplay will start on Monday 23rd - Sunday 29th,

with how the holidays does every year is that, she will get more sales, (Airplay especially going to 25th Dec) and Streaming this year since Billboard week ends on Boxing Day, and she will lose the Airplay 3 days of Airplay which will be counted to the chart that week from Friday 27th - Sunday 29th since Radio tends to drop Holiday songs after Boxing Day.

so the only component that is against her this year is Airplay for those 3 days, and since they are not that relevant no more nowadays, she will be fine and very fine coz of sales and streaming

so we need to, yes, focus the entire season but our main focus should lay on that week for streaming and sales which is 20th Friday - 26th Thursday.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Thu October 10th, 2019, 02:28

If you all haven't heard The Flower sing yet don't keep reading because I'm going to spoil the surprise:

Spoiler!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Thu October 10th, 2019, 02:36

AIWFCIY - #678 on iTunes USA

Queen has jumped up 600+ spots over the past week and it's still early October.
    Last edited by Cyclone; Thu October 10th, 2019 at 05:39.

by » Thu October 10th, 2019, 04:51

Just wanted to leave this here.

Mariah Carey is the greatest female artist of all time. Madonna may have been the most popular on the charts and Whitney may be known as the “Voice” but Mariah had the triple threat of writing/producing almost all of her songs, being popular, and having a versatile powerhouse voice. No other female artist has since come close to her talent.

Legend
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)

by » Thu October 10th, 2019, 08:58

Quote Originally Posted by nemospence View Post
    I love how she emphasises her good relationship to Whitney. Even up until Whitney's passing, people were still skeptical that they really got along... or just fake smiled their way thru their collabo... but I genuinely believe that they were friends...

Mariah gets a bad rep for always "dissing" younger females... however... the only time I can recall her being a bit messy towards someone was... well... to J.LO... other than that... she either doesn't care for the mainly female popstars of today (which is her right to say...) or she praises the ish out of them (like Beyoncé.... or other predominant R&B girls).

So since MC and WH were a great team... we need to focus on getting MIMI teamed up with another legend... I am thinking of Miss Jackson... that is another friendship which could be powerful. Imagine all of their stories and shared memories.

I love how in 2005 at the Legends Ball, Mariah was clinging to Janet and talking to her and sitting next to her etc... I hope that they still like each other.