Page 7041 of 7058 FirstFirst ... 60416541694169917031703970407041704270437051 ... LastLast
Results 176,001 to 176,025 of 176443

Thread: Mariah Carey

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 15:14

to who ever still think AIW needs someone to go #1 don't follow the charts that close
    FYI if the days last year were like this year then AIW would've gone to #1 last year easly

this year its a must no matter who is releasing, trust me,
    they are the ones who should be worried not Mariah.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 15:19

on top of that we have those additional sales ....I wonder how many copies will that be? 30K? 40k? 60K?

I would like to hear what Stevy has to say about this...I wanna know his prediction in terms of points for the BBhot100 broke down for sales, radio support and streaming.

HOw many days will we have for streaming? 6 out of 7? what about radio? 5 days? same question for sales

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 15:28

I wonder if Mariah will be also calling some radio stations that week....

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 15:34

Quote Originally Posted by Colombia71345 View Post
    I wonder if Mariah will be also calling some radio stations that week....
    No no, those tactics don’t work anymore

Better she have Sony spend money advertising the Anniversary album with clips of AIW and a live St John performance, on Spotify billboards, and maybe with an Apple Music interview/acoustic set

If people stream the Anniversary album, they will also stream AIW, and she could get a No 1 album, a No 1 single, and other songs that do well on radio like Christmas (BPCH), Miss You Most, and JTTW could chart, Silent Night too because it’s track 1, I am surprised they didn’t switch the order to make AIWFCIY the No. 1 track on the new edition, but maybe they still can on the digital edition
    Last edited by allygdale; Wed October 9th, 2019 at 15:39.
    #CAUTION

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 15:37

Quote Originally Posted by allygdale View Post
    No no, those tactics don’t work anymore

Better she have Sony spend money advertising the Anniversary album with clips of AIW and a live St John performance, on Spotify billboards, and maybe with an Apple Music interview/acoustic set
    it wouldnt hurt either, right? getting additional 5M audience for a couple of calls is totally worth it IMHO

Legend
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 15:48

Quote Originally Posted by dylonj View Post
    It had the Bieber a couple years ago and that didn't work sooo...BUT maybe she can get Ariana on the remix so that Ariana doesn't release another song which would be competition?? At this point Ariana is the only competition (and Adele).
    The Beiber version is considered a separate song to the original that does not count toward the original song.

As is this St John The Divine version. Streaming it does not count toward the original song.

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 15:52

Quote Originally Posted by bm08 View Post
    The Beiber version is considered a separate song to the original that does not count toward the original song.

As is this St John The Divine version. Streaming it does not count toward the original song.
    Ok hold on. I hate to be this person but which version should I be streaming? Original or the one off of the re-release?

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 15:54

Quote Originally Posted by Colombia71345 View Post
    it wouldnt hurt either, right? getting additional 5M audience for a couple of calls is totally worth it IMHO

She could call the big ones and tell them about the album, but everyone in the world already knows the song, I feel like her time would be better spent reaching bigger audiences since AIW’s success is more streaming than radio now

If no SNL, I hope there is a taped performance they could air, Jimmy Fallon has the highest ratings this time of year after NFL games, maybe she could tape a few songs in front of an all lamb audience with him

It had the Bieber a couple years ago and that didn't work sooo...BUT maybe she can get Ariana on the remix so that Ariana doesn't release another song which would be competition?? At this point Ariana is the only competition (and Adele).
    Ariana has no new music out, what do you mean? Only the original version and the original So So Def remix count toward BBHot 100

Stream the original 1994 version, either on the original album or the anniversary edition album
    Last edited by allygdale; Wed October 9th, 2019 at 15:57.
    #CAUTION

Legend
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 16:00

Ok hold on. I hate to be this person but which version should I be streaming? Original or the one off of the re-release?
    I think her team or others will clarify soon. But the original, B&W version, So So Def remix version and Dance remix count, I believe.

Legend
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 16:19

I wish they also had a Nov 1st street date to pad the sales of the Deluxe Album release. But happy for more options nonetheless!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 16:34

Random Qestion:
    AIWFC gets a quadruple treatment on this Re-Release.
    Does that mean, ’she will sell 4 Singles with each Album?

I wish she would have included MC2Y. So many people do not even know about its existence. This would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce this masterpiece to them.

So far everything is going well. Hope she gets her well deserved 19th #1.
    Just ordered my Single & Album Copy from the US-Store.

If she really manages to score her 19th #1 she will get free promotion from everywhere. Everbody will talk about it. So it would be smart to have a new Album waiting in her wings and to release it the week after she tops the Hot 100 (a lamb can dream).

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 16:36

I know Im not supposed to, but I already played MCiiU this week :"(

Legend
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 16:37

No, a single sale is a single sale.

She didnt include much more of MC2Y because why would Def Jam (a competing label) do that? It steals away sales/profits from that album. I think she has more than enough songs from that album on it tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 16:50

Quote Originally Posted by bm08 View Post
    No, a single sale is a single sale.

She didnt include much more of MC2Y because why would Def Jam (a competing label) do that? It steals away sales/profits from that album. I think she has more than enough songs from that album on it tbh.
    Thx!
    OK, that makes sense.
    I thought she is the owner of her original masters and can use them without permission or discrediting her label(s).

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 17:30

She just added a Vegas show on December 10. Wasn’t this the date some people were hoping she’d book SNL?

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 17:40

Quote Originally Posted by banksy View Post
    She just added a Vegas show on December 10. Wasn’t this the date some people were hoping she’d book SNL?
    12/21

Manager
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 17:55

Quote Originally Posted by banksy View Post
    Not Vegas, she added a show in Washington, DC.

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 18:32

Quote Originally Posted by MeGreat View Post
    Thx!
    OK, that makes sense.
    I thought she is the owner of her original masters and can use them without permission or discrediting her label(s).
    She’s not the owner of her masters. Glitter is the only master she owns.

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 18:32

Quote Originally Posted by MeGreat View Post
    Thx!
    OK, that makes sense.
    She’s not the owner of her masters. Glitter is the only master she owns.

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 18:35

Can anyone recollect the chart history of "All I Want For Christmas Is You" from last year?? I was curious to remember whether or not it made it into the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 the week after Thanksgiving 2018.

Call me crazy, but not only am I expecting/hoping it goes to #1 this year, but I want it to go to #1 earlier than the week after Christmas! I don't think its so out-of-the-question. Streaming has officially taken over. Apple has gotten rid of iTunes for crying out loud... so single sales aren't going to be a huge factor in charting (although those limited edition CD singles MC is shipping out on Dec 20th or whatever will put it over the top for that following week!).

I think the major issue will be streaming on Apple Music... it tends to favor rappers and urban releases. If I recall correctly, "AIWFCIY" didn't go to #1 there or chart super high until Christmas week... which then brought it to it's #3 peak on the charts!

I'm hoping some of these other big artists change their release plans and stay out of the way! Adele, Rihanna and Drake are all rumored/scheduled to release their 1st singles during November/December. With how well that worked for Ariana last year, I don't see why another label wouldn't try to score during this period.

Legend
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 18:50

I have long said they should work more with Apple! Hopefully they do because the streams count more.

I want it to go #1 before Christmas week as well because then she would be #1 this decade as opposed to being #1 next decade due to how the charts are dated.

Though I dont see Adele or Rihanna purposefully competing with MC, a healthy amount of competition is good. An easy argument could be made to give MC that one or two weeks because they know, for sure, it will drop out of the chart the following week anyways. So is it worth the investment competing against the song?

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 18:54

I'm so freaking excited to listen to those St John the Divine tracks...I can't wait!
    I'm gonna be spinning her Christmas albums more than usual I think.
    "You can build a new heart and a new house
    Gonna take some time but things will turn out
    So much of everything will be waiting for you..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 19:08

Probably one of Mariah’s iconic moments is the chase after 19th#1 hit, if AIWFCIY will top hot 100 this year it’ll probably one of the greatest moments in music history and the song is the song of the century in the making. Now let’s look back at the songs we rooted on to become her 19#1
    Bye Bye - hailed by the critics to be a potential 19th number after her successful first singe “Touch My Body” topping the chart
    Obsessed - also predicted by both fans and critics to be her 19th but radio was not cooperating, (idk the whole story please enlighten me)
    Triumphant - prior the release, we hoped this could finally be her 19th number 1, but personally i was disappointed too on how it sounded. Remixes for this one is better. But as a lamb no Mariah songs i don’t enjoy at all. I still listen to it.
    #Beautiful - after strings of unsuccessful chase, i lowered my expectations to this one. But just like any other Mariah songs, i anticipated its release, and baaam this song had it all but radio did not cooperate again she was 43 and affected by ageism in the industry, But in my book this is a timeless number 1 hit.
    You’re mine - but underwhelmed by the responds of people, i personally enjoy it. Until now i bop to it, sing along to it.
    With caution singles, didn’t really expect much because i think they had poor decision making with this album. They should have scrapped buzz single idea.
    Will she get her elusive and most iconic chase 19#1 hit with a 25 year-old song? I am crossing my fingers but 95% i am sure it will. This is my most anticipated christmas not because of christmas itself but because i am seeing Mariah on top again after 2008
    PS: i believe Mariah can still pull Cher/Billy Ray hit, with right people, right time, and right decision and Ofcourse marketing push.
    Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 19:20

I just want Mariah and her Team to be very very hungry to take AIWFCIY to number 1.
    I want her to top atleast this decade and next decade so she can secure a record. I wish they are doing something
    So they can secure number 1 before next year. I am damn excited i believe GP will cooperate as every year AIW enters earlier and earlier, plus memes about her and christmas is everywhere.
    Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

by » Wed October 9th, 2019, 21:08

as the year goes by People are connecting Mariah with Xmas even more, it's like when u think of Xmas songs, it's Mariah's song that comes to mind,
    I hope she gets the #1 this year in UK too,

+ I think she will reenter early this year in Hot 100 coz of the re - release of her Xmas stuffs,

#Excited