• Top 3

6 23.08%
  • Top 5

4 15.38%
  • Top 10

3 11.54%
  • Other

1 3.85%
Page 6776 of 6956 FirstFirst ... 5776627666766726676667746775677667776778678668266876 ... LastLast
Results 169,376 to 169,400 of 173882

Thread: Mariah Carey

Legend
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 18:42

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Well if you think Mariah is sitting at home saying “let’s go to Dublin”, you’re very much mistaken. These are decisions that are made by her management in conjunction with the tour promoters etc. They are business decisions based on what is most profitable for all parties involved. It’s not Mariah simply picking random spots and venues and saying “let’s go here dahhlings”.
    If it were in her hands, she would visit me in my living room anyway. Come to me, MIMI, we gon' have FUN!

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 18:50

Quote Originally Posted by sm3 View Post
    I never knew singers make only 25% of the gross tour figures. I always thought it was upwards of 50% It'shockingly low!

You're right regarding the oversaturation. She needs to chill a bit and so that there is higher demand and hopefully a higher gross per concert. The NYC date in particular during the caution tour had very impressive numbers, that should be her focus. I read somewhere that Celine's Asian and Australian Tour last year had an average ticket price of $200

Regarding her future endeavors. I wonder why she has never considered writing for other artists. Her pen game is sick, she should consider that as an alternative income stream

Appearances in The Voice are also welcome. I'm hoping for some Grammy nods for Caution next year . The album was truly a masterpiece and I hope that will encourage her to make music like that albeit with better promotion and single choices.

Where is the 25% coming from? The cut the artist makes per concert can vary, but its closer to 75%. From that 75%, the artist has to pay his or her production team for however they want to the show. Google.
    Last edited by Clown10; Wed May 15th, 2019 at 18:52.

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 19:10

Quote Originally Posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
    That would be an improvement on Mishka!
    Good point ! It feels in many ways like the Stella/Mishka era never happened.

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 19:13

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Well if you think Mariah is sitting at home saying “let’s go to Dublin”, you’re very much mistaken. These are decisions that are made by her management in conjunction with the tour promoters etc. They are business decisions based on what is most profitable for all parties involved. It’s not Mariah simply picking random spots and venues and saying “let’s go here dahhlings”.
    I am sure she has some input into it all the same. Especially someone who is supposed to be so hands on as she is. Whoever made the decision to put her and John Legend headlining a stadium in Florence are really clueless. Not surprised that was cancelled.

Legend
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 19:15

Happy Anniversary to Vision of Love!

Hope MC acknowledges it today.

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 19:20

Quote Originally Posted by charmxriah View Post
    She needs to fulfill all her touring commitments till the end of the year - wrap up the Caution Tour (which has done incredibly well for an intimate theatre-based tour - she's earned around $10m for her US Shows, and will probably make a similair amount in her European dates - that's $20m from 33 shows + extra promo for Caution) and spend the rest of the year prepping for the Xmas Tour in the US and promo for the 25th Anniversary for AIWFCIY so it has the best possible chance of hitting #1 this year.

After that, she should sign up to become a full time judge on The Voice for the September-December season, with the announcement being made in May. She should spend the months leading up it conducting auditions, chilling at home, wrapping up and prepping the release of her memoirs. She could make appearances in public at restaurants with Bryan whilst serving looks in order to somewhat remain in the public eye (Like she did at the start of 2018). She should start promoting the memoirs alongside her appearance on The Voice whilst recording and teasing material for an upcoming album on talk shows in the USA in May for a June release (to coincide with the release of her debut album), showcasing a personal, more intimate side of her personality to the general public. Whilst judging The Voice, she could do select Xmas shows in the USA from November-December in order to stimulate some touring revenue in the midst of all her other commitments.

After relaxing and recording some new material in Aspen, she could sign up for another season of The Voice from February to May, premiering and performing her lead single (and video) (an uptempo R&B/Hip-Hop inspired track featuring a hot featuring artist) during the finale. Having won over the GP through the memoirs and appearances on The Voice, she should engage in a few late-night tv show appearances promoting and performing the new song whilst announcing a World Tour in support of the album, with dates beginning in August in the USA, then Europe, then South America then, then Asia, then Australia. Before releasing the album towards the end of June, she could release a promotional song (a midtempo R&B ballad showcasing her songwriting) in order to cover all bases. After releasing the album, she should start a vigorous promotional schedule covering each coast of the USA (doing Live with Kelly and Ryan (morning), GMA (morning), Jimmy Kimmell (evening) and SNL (evening) in New York - Ellen (morning)and The Talk (morning) in LA) . After that, she should spend the three days after that promoting the album in Europe, doing things like BBC Breakfast, Loose Women and The One Show before moving onto other countries in Europe. There'd be a guaranteed increase in her sales + hype for her touring.
    Literally none of that is going to happen. None of it. You are living in a fantasy world
    Also, where exactly are you coming up with the revenue figures for Caution tour ? There is no way she is going to gross anything near 10 million on these upcoming dates in Europe.
    Also I don't understand your point about Caution tour doing really well for a theater tour.. That is what it was. She played very small venues and tickets were reasonably priced. Her biggest audience was probably less than 6k in NY, most dates had 3 - 4 k in attendance. The tour was just used as a means of bundling the album and bringing in some cash for her. It served its purpose.

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 19:36

Quote Originally Posted by bm08 View Post
    Happy Anniversary to Vision of Love!

Hope MC acknowledges it today.
    I would love to hear her do VOL with just a simple piano arrangement.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 20:11

Quote Originally Posted by InFamous View Post
    I would love to hear her do VOL with just a simple piano arrangement.
    Wouldn't it be awesome if she just got a camera man and piano player/band to do a quick, unplanned video of her singing it in an "unplugged" type style and uploaded it?

I wish she did more of that type of thing. It'd certainly make people appreciate her artistry. If nothing else, it'd be a treat for the fans.

Bless us, Mariah!

Legend
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 20:24

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticPrince View Post
    Wouldn't it be awesome if she just got a camera man and piano player/band to do a quick, unplanned video of her singing it in an "unplugged" type style and uploaded it?

I wish she did more of that type of thing. It'd certainly make people appreciate her artistry. If nothing else, it'd be a treat for the fans.

Bless us, Mariah!
    If she wants to continue touring, she should go full on Marlene Dietrich and do it in chanson style in that Unplugged type of setting you are talking about.

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 21:14

Literally none of that is going to happen. None of it. You are living in a fantasy world
    Truth

I just want more new music, Caution put her back in good standing

I’d love it if she took her non-concert time to give us another 10 song album to keep up the momentum
    #CAUTION

Legend
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 21:20

No way in the world were getting a new album this year and honestly, its totally unnecessary.

If anything, we can get some special edition anniversary album updates or something.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 21:24

Next album is 2023

Edit. I've just calculated it's 5 years from 2018, so it's unrealistic. More like 2025/6
    Last edited by Bulwieboo; Wed May 15th, 2019 at 21:26.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 21:54

In a perfect world, Mariah locks herself in the studio and Britney breaks free (#freebritney)

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 22:24

Also, where exactly are you coming up with the revenue figures for Caution tour ? There is no way she is going to gross anything near 10 million on these upcoming dates in Europe.
    Also I don't understand your point about Caution tour doing really well for a theater tour.. That is what it was. She played very small venues and tickets were reasonably priced. Her biggest audience was probably less than 6k in NY, most dates had 3 - 4 k in attendance. The tour was just used as a means of bundling the album and bringing in some cash for her. It served its purpose.
    Ma'am, I said the word 'should'. Mariah is used to living a certain lifestyle, and the touring isn't going to help maintain it in the long run. The point I'm trying to make is that there are so many different avenues she could take to make money, and she doesn't have to limit herself to just one. Two or three well-chosen endorsment deals with reputable brands and companies would be an excellent source of revenue and companies such as NBC would give an arm and leg to have an artist of Mariah's stature judging on a show. It may be hypothetical but it is certainly possible!

Also, the avg ticket price for the Caution tour is $125, and given the no. of tickets she's sold (and will sell) throughout the tour, I ESTIMATED that it'd gross around $20m. $20m for venues as small and intimate as the one chosen for the tour is nothing to be scoffed at.

For someone who takes such a negative approach on the direction of Mariah's career, you seem to scoff at every suggestion or comment made on this thread...

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 22:29

Two or three well-chosen endorsment deals with reputable brands and companies would be an excellent source of revenue and companies such as NBC would give an arm and leg to have an artist of Mariah's stature judging on a show. It may be hypothetical but it is certainly possible!
    Am I the only one who feels as though Stella and Mariah had so much potential in terms of the way they could brand Mariah as a businesswoman. The only problem was that Stella was signing Mariah to D-List brands due to her own incompetance as a manager. With the right manager, I'm sure Mariah could secure a couple of high profile endorsements and get more of her coin!

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 22:39

Quote Originally Posted by mimicarey View Post
    Am I the only one who feels as though Stella and Mariah had so much potential in terms of the way they could brand Mariah as a businesswoman. The only problem was that Stella was signing Mariah to D-List brands due to her own incompetence as a manager. With the right manager, I'm sure Mariah could secure a couple of high profile endorsements and get more of her coin!
    I WOULD BE GAGGED if she became the new face of Estee Lauder (something like a Fab at 50 campaign) and did a couple of fashion things on the side with Tom Ford or Roberto Cavalli (Paul Surridge, the creative director, said Mariah represented a traditional sense of glamour).

Also, I live for the idea of Mariah writing for other artists. I reckon she should write and sing a song for a film that's certain to win critical acclaim. If she even gets nominated for more Golden Globes and even for an Oscar for Best Original Song, she could use this credibility to her advantage
    Last edited by charmxriah; Wed May 15th, 2019 at 22:41.

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 22:54

I WOULD BE GAGGED if she became the new face of Estee Lauder (something like a Fab at 50 campaign) and did a couple of fashion things on the side with Tom Ford or Roberto Cavalli (Paul Surridge, the creative director, said Mariah represented a traditional sense of glamour).

Also, I live for the idea of Mariah writing for other artists. I reckon she should write and sing a song for a film that's certain to win critical acclaim. If she even gets nominated for more Golden Globes and even for an Oscar for Best Original Song, she could use this credibility to her advantage
    I was going to suggest that she work with Lee Daniels again but he's such a controversial and toxic character these days. She should certainly keep a lookout for potential roles that could portray her in a new, unexpected light, and bring out some of her own insecurities. A film exploring biracial identity and gender would be perfect for her, and would open up more opportunities in acting away from Lee!

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 23:14

Mariah said few months ago that she had plans to make a movie with Lee Daniels again this year

by Wed May 15th, 2019, 23:36

@charmixriah
    The average ticket price was nowhere near 125 euro. Some of the seats were selling for 49 euro and the majority of the seats were around the 65 to 75 mark. Same with Dublin and London. You are really overestimating grossly how much she is going to make on the European leg and it makes zero sense to claim that she is going to gross with eleven shows what you estimate she grossed with 22 in the US.
    And its nothing to do with negativity, you are just living in a fantasy world. Comparing the Caution era to Charmbracelet, expecting Mariah to do all this stuff that she has no intention of doing. She is a 50 year old woman with two young children, what she is doing now is as much as she is going to do next year. Feel free to write your dream script for her but feel free to do a poll and see how many think anything you said will happen.
    And I dont really think NBC are breaking their necks to get Mariah on the show to be honest. All she did on Idol was become embroiled in controversy with Nicki Minaj and basically trash the show whenever she was asked about it for years after. Idol probably wish they had just saved their 18 million to be honest. Of course I am open to being wrong.

Legend
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)

by Thu May 16th, 2019, 00:00

^There are reports that another singing competition show was pitched to Mariah. So no matter what people say on Mariah on idol, a television exec commented that "Everyone wanted her". I think we are underestimated her star power.

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by Thu May 16th, 2019, 00:06

Bm08 with the receipts. A certain individual here we shall not name keeps talking out of their @$$.
    I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

by Thu May 16th, 2019, 00:35

Quote Originally Posted by bm08 View Post
    ^There are reports that another singing competition show was pitched to Mariah. So no matter what people say on Mariah on idol, a television exec commented that "Everyone wanted her". I think we are underestimated her star power.

Easy to say. Things are pitched all the time. Nothing happened though. Also after Idol was what 6 years ago ? I was talking about now, currently. 2019.