Page 7067 of 7067 FirstFirst ... 60676567696770177057706570667067
Results 176,651 to 176,673 of 176673

Thread: Mariah Carey

Legend
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)

by Today, 00:51

Quote Originally Posted by InFamous View Post
    What new lyrics did Mariah add to unforgettable ? None. You would have gladly celebrated and counted that as a no 1 for Mariah so there is no need to try and drag/shade Bey, which is what you are doing. And yes, she did sing. Whether or not she added new lyrics is irrelevant.
    that song is simply better than anything ed has released in the past 20 years. also... everyone was aware of that song not being hers. don't just say words and put them in any one elses' mouths. do not project, hun.

Unforgettable really - in my opinion - became a better song with those MIMI whistles towards the end. That's the difference... Mariah can add something (vocally and sonically) that no other female can add to a remix / collabo... bc what Mariah has is actually unique.

by Today, 01:04

What new lyrics did Mariah add to unforgettable ? None. You would have gladly celebrated and counted that as a no 1 for Mariah so there is no need to try and drag/shade Bey, which is what you are doing. And yes, she did sing. Whether or not she added new lyrics is irrelevant.

yaaaaaayyyyyy, good for her,

well, I love Bey don't get me wrong, coz really what are we even talking about here, coz I was just telling the person who clearly discredited M, and now u add all these she did this and that, for??

anyway, good for her, we wish everyone all the best.

by Today, 01:07

In terms of Mariah and future collaborations, she could really switch up her sound and (potentially) transform her current commercial and/ or critical appeal by working with more cutting edge, but artistically sound artists in the R&B and Hip-Hop field. She’s already began this process (e.g. Dev Hynes on GML).

I’d love her to collaborate with the likes of Anderson .Paak, Tyler the Creator, 6lack or Flying Lotus (and ofc Dev Hynes)

by Today, 01:09

@stevyy, thank you

and yes I want collabos but only Mimi knows how to pick them, and we all know she does and feel comfortable doing the writing collabos than singing Collabos,thats my Queen

by Today, 01:10

Don’t get me wrong, I love the features on Caution. But with the exception of Dev Hynes and Slick Rick, they felt very generic, at least superficially. Ty Dolla Sign featuring on a song is a well-worn cliche in pop/ R&B / hip-hop circles and the Gunna feature on SLLY felt like a “rapper of the minute” moment

by Today, 01:13

I swear Mariah is stubborn AF, I know this, we know this, let's be real with her pen game she could be above all the song writers on the list of most #1 songs if she decided to write for other artists especially the young ones, or she could have 30+ #1s if she could hop on every song that's out at the moment and get credit for it, but she is Mariah Carey, her Music is her baby, she is the Music and she is living inside the music, I can go on, but....

by Today, 01:13

I must be the only lamb hoping for a secret Mariah Carey X Blood Orange joint EP or mixtape to drop unannounced before the official MC16 era!

Roadie
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

by Today, 01:15

Quote Originally Posted by mimicarey View Post
    In terms of Mariah and future collaborations, she could really switch up her sound and (potentially) transform her current commercial and/ or critical appeal by working with more cutting edge, but artistically sound artists in the R&B and Hip-Hop field. She’s already began this process (e.g. Dev Hynes on GML).

I’d love her to collaborate with the likes of Anderson .Paak, Tyler the Creator, 6lack or Flying Lotus (and ofc Dev Hynes)
    Exactly! It more important to me at this point for her to stretch her creative wings than it is to score another hit. I agree with all of your picks for future collabs and would add TOKiMONSTA, Sango, Brook D'Leau, Julien Dyne and Kaytranada to the list.
    The sands of time fade into dark
    Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
    A message to madness
    Feel music that's realness

by Today, 01:16

Quote Originally Posted by himc15 View Post
    I swear Mariah is stubborn AF, I know this, we know this, let's be real with her pen game she could be above all the song writers on the list of most #1 songs if she decided to write for other artists especially the young ones, or she could have 30+ #1s if she could hop on every song that's out at the moment and get credit for it, but she is Mariah Carey, her Music is her baby, she is the Music and she is living inside the music, I can go on, but....
    I wouldn’t go so far. Mariah has always had her pulse on emerging artists or trends in the music biz. Part of her appeal (at least for me) is that she always incorporates them into her artistry without sacrificing her core musicality.

by Today, 01:20

Quote Originally Posted by stevyy View Post
    that song is simply better than anything ed has released in the past 20 years. also... everyone was aware of that song not being hers. don't just say words and put them in any one elses' mouths. do not project, hun.

Unforgettable really - in my opinion - became a better song with those MIMI whistles towards the end. That's the difference... Mariah can add something (vocally and sonically) that no other female can add to a remix / collabo... bc what Mariah has is actually unique.
    It does not matter. Both artists jumped on a song that was already a hit. Trying to shade one woman for doing what Mariah also did is pointless. Also there is no projecting, he literally said it. The GP did not care about Mimis whistles, her version made no impact to the song while Bey took the Ed song to No 1. Beys addition to the song was actually beautiful in my opinion and i guess in the opinion of everyone who bought the version with her on it.

by Today, 01:20

Quote Originally Posted by NormiMalone View Post
    Exactly! It more important to me at this point for her to stretch her creative wings than it is to score another hit. I agree with all of your picks for future collabs and would add TOKiMONSTA, Sango, Brook D'Leau, Julien Dyne and Kaytranada to the list.
    Absolutely! I really hope she keeps incorporating more electronic and alternative hip-hop into her music because it suits her current voice really well!

by Today, 01:21

It does not matter. Both artists jumped on a song that was already a hit. Trying to shade one woman for doing what Mariah also did is pointless. Also there is no projecting, he literally said it. The GP did not care about Mimis whistles, her version made no impact to the song while Bey took the Ed song to No 1. Beys addition to the song was actually beautiful in my opinion and i guess in the opinion of everyone who bought the version with her on it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mimicarey View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, I love the features on Caution. But with the exception of Dev Hynes and Slick Rick, they felt very generic, at least superficially. Ty Dolla Sign featuring on a song is a well-worn cliche in pop/ R&B / hip-hop circles and the Gunna feature on SLLY felt like a “rapper of the minute” moment
    eew, keep your delusions for the daily mail comments section. I will not tolerate and stand by slander against The Distance...-Mariah's best song ever.

Quote Originally Posted by NormiMalone View Post
    Absolutely! I really hope she keeps incorporating more electronic and alternative hip-hop into her music because it suits her current voice really well!

Legend
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)

by Today, 01:23

keywords. everyone in this thread disagrees. move on.

by Today, 01:24

eew, keep your delusions for the daily mail comments section. I will not tolerate and stand by slander against The Distance...-Mariah's best song ever.
    It’s an incredible song, one of her best this decade, but I’m talking about the featuring artist himself! I think he was a welcome addition to the song, just not exactly an artistically inspired one in terms of what’s actually out there in hip-hop at the moment!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

by Today, 01:28

@NormiMalone, I'm looking at that list of collaborators and thinking "who is those people"??? I guess I'll get introduced to them via Mariah, if any of those collabs come to fruition.

A Mariah/Dev EP would be something I'd be very interested in. If Mariah were to embrace the EP/short form, that would be a way for her to explore a lot of different styles thematically. Not sure if she'd ever go that route though.

by Today, 01:29

No, she couldn't do this. She tried it with Unforgettable and made no difference whatsoever to the track.

Last edited by InFamous; Today at 01:45.

by Today, 01:36

keywords. everyone in this thread disagrees. move on.
    lol you literally just called mimi carey delusional for sharing his or her opinion. take your own advice hun

by Today, 01:46

No, she couldn't do this. She tried it with Unforgettable and made no difference whatsoever to the track.
    you just wanna argue right??

I'm talking the Mariah of 30 years in the business, so u see only unforgettable??

talk about Mariah of 90s early 2000 and also till 2011, if her team were as good as these young ones teams and knows what they are doing, please don't just be a haters, we are talking possibilities here man, c'mon, u know what I'm saying would be if she/her team would go and do it like that

for example,
    imagine #Beautiful getting a Radio deal for a week,
    imagine the 1st song off Caution was ANN and cardi was on it from the start
    imagine Mariah writing for Rihanna,Ari, Beyonce and others
    imagine Mariah on OTR for the 20th week?
    imagine, imagine, imagine

but you can see all that an still mention Unforgettable as the results that she wouldn't do much even in the 90 s just because Unforgettable didn't do much,
    are u even reading and understanding what I'm saying though,??

Legend
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)

by Today, 01:50

lol you literally just called mimi carey delusional for sharing his or her opinion. take your own advice hun
    I'm simply fighting delusions... like yours.

Legend
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)

by Today, 01:51

but you can see all that an still mention Unforgettable as the results that she wouldn't do much even in the 90 s just because Unforgettable didn't do much,
    are u even reading and understanding what I'm saying though,??
    It doesn't fit into his narrative that GTFO and WY and basically 50% on Caution fared better on streaming than both Unforgettable remixes combined.