X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • allygdale
    Superstar
    • 17 Mar 2013

Her vocals were off the chain in Dubai! Bish hardly had any vocal loops and her tone was on point #CONFIDENCE, she seemed to utilize a lot of the really full mid voice like she did on the CB tour and Xmas shows

yes, we been through this, A No No and The Distance should have been 1 & 2

I am crossing my fingers we get Debut Deluxe next year because I was just thinking about the demos and listening to that amazing GMA VOL stripped version
    Last edited by allygdale; Mon October 21, 2019, 14:20.

Comment

• Hejira
      Manager
      • 15 Jun 2019

Originally posted by banksy
      What is wrong with this site? Fix it, Jesus.
      It's really getting out of hand. It causes many to just not post anymore. Mentioned it many times in the admin section, no replies.

Comment

• Hejira
        Manager
        • 15 Jun 2019

Anyways, she sounded incredibly strong. I love how constant she's been over the last few years, she's def. been working on her voice/technique.

Comment

• ilearnedfromthebest
          Roadie
          • 28 Apr 2019

Originally posted by Clown10
          Does anyone else get annoyed when Mimi hides from the camera after she says ”not yet” or soon after she throws in a punchline? She does this every time!
          Video?

Comment

• allygdale
            Superstar
            • 17 Mar 2013

Wow did anyone notice “Unforgettable” remix jumped to Mariah’s third most streamed Apple Music song?

Was it on a playlist or just the kids who discovered her with “Obsessed” finding it? I absolutely love the uptempo/sexy yet still urban vibe, and the lush reverb compliments her tone perfectly

Top 5
            WBT
            AIWFCIY
            Unforgettable Remix
            ABMB
            #B

Comment

• MrDash
              Manager
              • 18 Nov 2018

Originally posted by allygdale
              Wow did anyone notice “Unforgettable” remix jumped to Mariah’s third most streamed Apple Music song?

Top 5
              WBT
              AIWFCIY
              Unforgettable Remix
              ABMB
              #B
              How strange! Must have been playlisted.
              She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• bm08
                • 07 Apr 2013

The Unforgettable Remixes really shouldve smashed.

Wish she was on the original version
                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Lafa
                  • 13 Nov 2018

Originally posted by bm08
                  The Unforgettable Remixes really shouldve smashed.

Wish she was on the original version
                  agree but her vocals are not on point.
                  https://soundcloud.com/hephaestusdog

Comment

• Hejira
                    Manager
                    • 15 Jun 2019

Originally posted by Lafa
                    agree but her vocals are not on point.
                    I don't get the fuss about this song at all. I too think her vocals aren't on point but even if they were, they're DRENCHED in an idiotic amount of reverb as if she was singing in an empty hall. I suppose that was the effect/vibe they were going for but for me it falls absolutely flat.
                    Last edited by Hejira; Mon October 21, 2019, 16:05.

Comment

• shanghaichica
                      Manager
                      • 03 Aug 2012

The vocals were good last night. She went for it on make it happen. Even that All up in my George foreman belt!
                      For the Nostalgia if nothing else

Comment

• shanghaichica
                        Manager
                        • 03 Aug 2012

I quite like the Shawni Remix of A no no. She was better than Stefflon Don.
                        For the Nostalgia if nothing else

Comment

• carloandrew
                          Manager
                          • 25 Feb 2014

Whats happening on Mariah world
                          Caution and Giving Me Life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

• bm08
                            • 07 Apr 2013

Originally posted by Hejira
                            I don't get the fuss about this song at all. I too think her vocals aren't on point but even if they were, they're DRENCHED in an idiotic amount of reverb as if she was singing in an empty hall. I suppose that was the effect/vibe they were going for but for me it falls absolutely flat.
                            The entire vibe of the song is breezy and feel good to me. I think it works. It also came at a time when we were getting a lot of breakup theme songs from her so it was refreshing in that way too

Comment

• BehindBreakaway
                              Superstar
                              • 01 Nov 2016

Originally posted by shanghaichica
                              I quite like the Shawni Remix of A no no. She was better than Stefflon Don.
                              I totally agree
                              Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                              'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

• bm08
                                • 07 Apr 2013

This is interesting as it may detail the approach Sony Legacy and Mariah are taking to her catalog:

Catalog Conundrum: Labels Eyeing Ways to Market Older Music as Streaming and Hot Singles Dominate

Streaming services haven't only revived the music industry — they've also reshaped it, changing the focus of A&R and marketing and incentivizing executives to prioritize hip-hop over rock and hot singles over big albums. More than ever, major labels and large indies are chasing — and paying big money to sign — artists who can deliver hits fast.

At the same time, those hits — indeed, all newly released songs — account for a smaller percentage of overall music sales, including streaming, than ever before.

In 2004, when album sales still drove the U.S. recorded music industry, current music — meaning releases less than 18 months old, plus older albums that remained in the top half of the Billboard 200 or still received significant radio airplay — accounted for 64.2% of that business. Catalog — music released more than 18 months ago, with the exceptions noted above — made up the remaining 35.8% of sales.

In the past decade and a half, however, those numbers have reversed: Current music accounts for 35.7% of album consumption units in 2019, while catalog makes up the remaining 64.3%, as of the week ending Oct. 10.

This might seem counterintuitive: Aren't hit songs taking off, and making money, faster than ever? They are, by some measures, although much of the revenue they bring in will come in the future. But as the streaming-*driven business monetizes music according to consumption, rather than sales, the sheer volume of catalog music available weighs more in comparison. While most physical stores devoted more shelf space to new releases, the vast majority of the music available on streaming services is older.

One theory is that, previously, data used to show what consumers were buying -- and that was mainly new music. The music industry's new economic model still captures what's left of sales, but the industry can now also measure and monetize what music fans are listening to in their home and cars -- and that is older catalog music.

So why are labels so focused on breaking the next big hit?

Largely because the catalog that brings in the most revenue has changed almost as much as its importance in the business. In 2018, 73% of all streams were generated by music released from 2010 to 2018, while a further 15% came from music released from 2000 to 2009 — meaning that 88% of all streaming music consumption came from music released this century. In terms of track sales, the disparity is almost as dramatic: 83% of sales come from music released since 2000, compared with music from the 1950s, '60s, '70s, '80s or '90s. In the CD era, the catalog business was more focused on older music from the '60s and '70s — classic rock standbys like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, the Eagles and AC/DC.

For catalog labels like Warner's Rhino Records, Sony's Legacy Recordings and Universal's Universal Music Enterprises, monetizing catalog has often involved releasing and marketing box sets, remastered special editions and anniversary packages. As sales continue to crater, however, labels are having a harder time driving interest in older music. This year, music released before 1990 accounts for just 4.29% of all streams, according to Nielsen Music.

The ways labels market catalog and current hits are diverging. Frontline labels are pouring millions into marketing singles from developing acts in the hopes of enticing consumers to become fans — and explore more of their music in order to generate more revenue. On the catalog side, however, "getting movement on one track doesn't do shit," according to a major-label executive. "Everybody in catalog is trying to figure out how to move the overall needle."

Catalog promoters don't just rely on oldies radio and big synchs, but also social media and playlist marketing. One trick is to drive traffic to playlists like Spotify's This Is series or Apple Music's Essentials, says Jay Gilbert, a principal in the artist- and label-*services firm Label Logic. Another strategy: Use existing visuals from an artist's career to create music videos for older hits that never had them, as Led Zeppelin did a few years ago using old concert footage set to studio mixes of songs like "Whole Lotta Love" and "Rock & Roll" or The Rolling Stones did in 2018 with a new lyric video for "Sympathy for the Devil."

"Our job is to encourage the fans to go deeper than two or three tracks into an artist's catalog," says a catalog executive at a major label. "There are tons of stimuli that could bring the consumer to our artists, whether that be songs used in movie trailers, TV shows or commercials. Now, people can Shazam a song, find it and listen to it immediately."

For any act, from any decade, reaching an audience these days seems to require just that kind of immediacy. In general, the catalog executive says, "it's important to post something new to the artist page on a service every week that will draw eyeballs."

Comment

• bm08
                                  • 07 Apr 2013

Looks like Target is causing some street date violations but this gives an example of the packaging:

Comment

• ForeverYoung
                                    Manager
                                    • 06 Nov 2010

Originally posted by allygdale
                                    Her vocals were off the chain in Dubai! Bish hardly had any vocal loops and her tone was on point #CONFIDENCE, she seemed to utilize a lot of the really full mid voice like she did on the CB tour and Xmas shows
                                    OMG I’m so glad someone else noticed this as well. I was watching the ANN video yesterday and thinking to myself: is she really using that resonant, womanly CB tour/2014 Beacon mid range or what? I couldn’t believe my ears and for a second I thought it was my imagination just because I adore and yearn for that register of hers so much.

Comment

• heartlocked
                                      Personal Assistant
                                      • 08 Mar 2013

Looks like Target is causing some street date violations but this gives an example of the packaging:

omg it is so pretty!!!
                                      MARIAH

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                                        Legend
                                        • 13 Oct 2010

Wow!
                                        It's shiny!

Comment

• WaitYourTurn
                                          Manager
                                          • 16 Jul 2009

We really need to celebrate a little more how on point she was last night.

That Make it Happen performance was her best in years!

Let’s hope she has retired the corsets for good because she was way freer on stage and it obviously messes with her performances

Comment

Working...