• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skywalker
    Manager
    • 27 Feb 2015

Originally posted by Johnson512
    Originally posted by carloandrew
    I really wish Christina success today. I would not want people to say something bad for Mariah and both were struglling to get their respective comebacks. Hope everythinf will do great this year.
    No, I do too. I just don't think this song will do it. Christina is very talented and has an amazing voice. She can sing anything. Why this? Maybe others will like it. I thought "Your Body" was a great lead single but it didn't do well for some reason...
    Apparently Accelerate is not the lead single
    “MARIAH CAREY IS BASICALLY A RAPPER IN A POP DIVA’S BODY”
    -Jermaine Dupri

Comment

• chilled
      Manager
      • 04 Feb 2015

Celine's song it's great!!! Kylie's song is good! Ariana's song, might be her first #1 , Shawn Mendes songs are good! Actually a lot of songs I like. Christina?? Wow!! I can't believe it took that long for that! I don't like it a all!!
      Mariah don't rush! Take your time and do what you want to do! I trust you!
      Underneath The Stars

Comment

• bm08
        • 07 Apr 2013

Originally posted by andy001
        No single will work until whoever the powers that be at radio stop being sexist/ageist.

If someone’s material is well received then it should be rewarded by airplay. Mariah is in a position in her career where radio deals are an avenue she can go down, a new Artist can’t use a RD until they are well known. It was interesting to witness the sudden airplay plummet (if I remember rightly) when the deal to #beautiful expired, despite how well the song was selling.
        I don't believe Epic uses radio deals like that so that may be out of the question. I think #B also only had a one day deal? Could the label have stopped pushing it once they knew the album wasn't coming? Don't know but the sudden drop at radio is still peculiar to me.

Getting to the top of popular playlists on Spotify, Apple etc is a good tactic. This drove AIWFCIY. Spotify vertical videos are being used heavily now which means she gotta step her visual game up. To me, even though she looks lovely in all the recent shoots we've seen, her visuals still aren't striking and they are pretty boring.
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Johnson512
          Roadie
          • 14 Feb 2014

Yeah the sudden drop of #Beautiful still perplexes me. It was selling very well and the song was everywhere at one point...then it just vanished. Maybe because they knew the album wasn't coming like you said, so they just said eff it...

Comment

• jeremimi
            • 31 Jul 2012

Originally posted by Kaloki
            Infinity, I Don’t, and The Star is one of the worst run of songs ever released tbh
            I agree. But my renditions of those songs are quite good and an improvement on the originals according to my fans
            I am JEREMIMI : World renowned vocalist. Check out my YouTube Channel for over 250+ Mariah renditions, singing tutorials, & more!

Comment

• bm08
              • 07 Apr 2013

Mariah's residency announcement could be behind a small bump of Greatest Hits on iTunes. I also think "Fantasy" is benefiting a bit in streaming from the Hostelworld ad, but not too sure. Hero is still slaying the girls and has gotten some 300K+ days recently.

iTunes US:

470. Greatest Hits

Comment

• LambChild
                Manager
                • 18 Mar 2016

I Don’t suffered from a terrible video and even worse timing. If it were a hit everyone would’ve loved it or if it were an obscure album track I’m sure everyone here would’ve said “release it as a single!” Sure, it’s no where near her best but it’s leagues ahead of anything released since MIAM. The pre-chorus is still great!
                funny how one can learn
                to grow numb to the madness
                and block it away

Comment

• bm08
                  • 07 Apr 2013

I Dont is one of her most viewed videos on Vevo in recent times, only #Beautiful was viewed more. It went semi-viral with the help of the leaked story by Stella via TMZ. She looked amazing in that video. Like her other videos though, it needed a storyline. It could've been a moment.

It suffered on other streaming services and didnt exactly take off on radio. Sales were okay, I guess.

IMO, it was her strongest effort in a while. Issa bop.

Comment

• carloandrew
                    Manager
                    • 25 Feb 2014

i just found this in one of Mariah fb pages. Interesting plan lol

Caution and Giving Me Life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

• Johnson512
                      Roadie
                      • 14 Feb 2014

Originally posted by bm08
                      I Dont is one of her most viewed videos on Vevo in recent times, only #Beautiful was viewed more. It went semi-viral with the help of the leaked story by Stella via TMZ. She looked amazing in that video. Like her other videos though, it needed a storyline. It could've been a moment.

It suffered on other streaming services and didnt exactly take off on radio. Sales were okay, I guess.

IMO, it was her strongest effort in a while. Issa bop.
                      Agreed. I Don't is definitely one of her best songs in recent years, at least better than anything she put out after MIAM.

Comment

• Johnson512
                        Roadie
                        • 14 Feb 2014

Originally posted by carloandrew
                        i just found this in one of Mariah fb pages. Interesting plan lol
                        Seeing this just made my day. I love whoever put this together. Mariah is such a friggin boss. I really, really hope she gets her ducks in a row and goes hard this next era. I want #19. Or at least a top 10 actual radio hit!!!

Comment

• Kieran97
                          • 21 Jan 2018

Mariah should do this!!

[youtube:2wcr16f8]xtrq4zGQewE[/youtube:2wcr16f8]

Comment

• Hoodriah
                            Personal Assistant
                            • 12 Oct 2017

One thing is for sure, MC15 will definitely do better than MIAMTEC.
                            - She's in a much better condition, physically & emotionally.
                            - She has a better label and management
                            - The Media respects her again (thanks to NYE18 & the Bipolar coming out)
                            - She's gained a lot of popularity on Social Media thanks to SL Meme, Found my Tea..
                            Feel free to continue
                            Somebody's doing the wrong note.

Comment

• Johnson512
                              Roadie
                              • 14 Feb 2014

Originally posted by Hoodriah
                              One thing is for sure, MC15 will definitely do better than MIAMTEC.
                              - She's in a much better condition, physically & emotionally.
                              - She has a better label and management
                              - The Media respects her again (thanks to NYE18 & the Bipolar coming out)
                              - She's gained a lot of popularity on Social Media thanks to SL Meme, Found my Tea..
                              Feel free to continue
                              I really hope you're right, Hoodriah. I really, really hope this next era at least gets her a #1 album and a solid radio hit single. It would make me so damn happy.

By the way, "Hoodriah" might be the best username ever. If Mariah went anymore urban than she already has, she could name a future album "Hoodriah" lolol

Comment

• andy001
                                Superstar
                                • 23 Jan 2008

Originally posted by bm08
                                Originally posted by andy001
                                No single will work until whoever the powers that be at radio stop being sexist/ageist.

If someone’s material is well received then it should be rewarded by airplay. Mariah is in a position in her career where radio deals are an avenue she can go down, a new Artist can’t use a RD until they are well known. It was interesting to witness the sudden airplay plummet (if I remember rightly) when the deal to #beautiful expired, despite how well the song was selling.
                                I don't believe Epic uses radio deals like that so that may be out of the question. I think #B also only had a one day deal? Could the label have stopped pushing it once they knew the album wasn't coming? Don't know but the sudden drop at radio is still peculiar to me.

Getting to the top of popular playlists on Spotify, Apple etc is a good tactic. This drove AIWFCIY. Spotify vertical videos are being used heavily now which means she gotta step her visual game up. To me, even though she looks lovely in all the recent shoots we've seen, her visuals still aren't striking and they are pretty boring.

Streaming is definitely what they should focous on this time around. At least nobody is charge like at radio. But it’s just getting those consistent high streams.

A great video is needed too. I think something visually stunning and different maybe even weird and arty. And comedy is always welcomed in other possible videos ideas, like TMB and obsessed.
                                Stay Cover
                                https://www.smule.com/p/598338570_3377624051
                                GTFO cover
                                https://www.smule.com/p/598338570_2519567008

Comment

• Johnson512
                                  Roadie
                                  • 14 Feb 2014

I wonder if Mariah can "cross promote" with other pop girls who like/look up to her. Like Katy, Rihanna, Beyoncé...if all of them were to praise Mariah's new single and add it to their playlists, that would be a great deal of positive word of mouth.

Streaming is going to largely make or break us. That and radio. Look at J.Lo's "Booty," that song got to top 20 off a flop era and no airplay on the strength of first week streaming of the video. Granted, it was a cheap ploy in that it focused one of her biggest ASSets, and it freefell after that, but at least she can say she had a top 20 hit.

Honestly, for Mariah to get another solid radio hit single, she's going to need all her ducks in a row. We need heavy promo, Spotify/iTunes banners, a radio deal (if possible, I heard Epic doesn't do that), posters in the street/subway, fantastic videos (that are actually released on time), etc. No room for an screw ups at all.

Comment

• barnok
                                    • 11 Nov 2016

IMHO I think a song featuring Sam Mendes, Charlie Puth or Sam Smith will help her get reintroduced to the millennials. Anything from those guys these days get a lot of airplay and streams.

Comment

• carloandrew
                                      Manager
                                      • 25 Feb 2014

I like Charlie Puth, I was hoping Mariah would do something with her but tbh I don't see that happening. I like Charlie puth a lot and his music is great (he writes songs!), i just could not imagine the type of music he will do with Mariah, - maybe somerjint like stay the night.

[youtube:1uvg0bfk]vBLQFGHtSzg[/youtube:1uvg0bfk]
                                      Caution and Giving Me Life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

• TwistedFantasy
                                        Manager
                                        • 15 Mar 2015

Originally posted by Radar Online
                                        Mariah Carey Planning Epic Comeback After Bipolar Confession & Manager Scandal

Mariah Carey has had a rough couple of months!

After recently admitting she suffers from Bipolar disorder, the 48-year-old diva was threatened with a sexual harassment lawsuit by ex-manager Stella Bulochnikov — who also claimed that, in 2016, Carey was places on an involuntary 5150 psychiatric hold after suffering a mental breakdown.

But RadarOnline.com exclusively learned the songstress is ready to reclaim her throne and is planning an epic comeback that starts with her upcoming Las Vegas residency, The Butterfly Returns!

According to a close friend of the superstar singer, the residency — which, as of right now, consists of 10 shows at Caesars Palace from July 5 to September10 — is giving Carey life!

“Mariah is determined to turn this all around and the only way that she knows how to do this is through her music and her fans,” the insider said.

“Not only is she working on new music, but she has been working out non-stop in the gym and the studio because she wants to look and sound her best for this upcoming residency.”

In addition to her residency, sources tell Radar Carey has allegedly been approached by several institutions who are “begging” the singer to be an advocate for mental health!

“Mariah has gotten a ton of offers to be a spokesperson for a multiple number of charities and organizations after her Bipolar reveal,” the insider told Radar.

“But she is not ready to do that just yet. Right now she is only focused on her upcoming shows and she is putting everything that she can into them.”

Comment

• Bellus
                                          Site Supporter
                                          • 07 Nov 2012

Re: Mariah Carey

^ Yeah she doesn't need too, unless its genuine. Not because she is 'Mariah'.
                                          Originally posted by SummerPeur
                                          Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                                          Originally posted by Goldmoney
                                          So does her microphone

Comment

Working...