Page 6150 of 7272 FirstFirst ... 515056506050610061406148614961506151615261606200625066507150 ... LastLast
Results 153,726 to 153,750 of 181791

Thread: Mariah Carey

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 02:26

what is it that Mariah says in the background during "Portrait" second verse?

right after "Somewhat desensitized"

I kinda can hear she whispering "father"?? Or am I crazy? but there is also some other word very quiet in the background?

I'm haunted by the emotion in this song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 02:26

Quote Originally Posted by sputnikjedi
    Quote Originally Posted by playstation
    Sales can still pick up! She still has some huge promotional activities lined up this chart week. Stranger things have happened - like Glitter ;)
    Yes. Positivity. Hope that this week's promo will have higher sales for next week. From 50k to 100k. I would love that and that would be a media mileage as well.
    Yes! Mariah has delivered an impressive body of work, the lambily is doing the best they can to get the public on board, so now it's all up to the GP how they will respond. "Irregardless" of how they respond, the most important aspect of this era for me personally is how Mariah has re-established her legacy as a music artist. The accolades she's been getting from the music industry these past few months have significantly helped in rebuilding her image and reputation as a music icon and a legend. Perhaps the low HDD predictions thus far are an indication that the GP is still trying to warm up to her again after four years of seemingly unending roller coaster ride that immensely tarnished her reputation, but I am very positive that in no time, Mariah will win them over once again especially now that she's in such a happy place. This era for me, is more of laying the groundworks or planting the seeds for an even better and bigger MC16 era. And I can't wait for that. In the meantime, it's a happy and proud time to be a lamb. <3
    Indeed. As much as i want her to topple the competition, we as fans can only do so much. Nevertheless, i love this album, not skipped any tracks (GTFO, With You tho coz i've listened to them so much prior to album release), the visuals and artwork for this era has been nothing but amazing and of QUALITY (as an illustrator, i'm very much satisfied).
    I&#39;m not your world
    No, I&#39;m not your life
    Tell me what that means to you

twitter | instagram | my art

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 02:29

Just wanted to warn everyone who dares to speak ill of the future
    EU Anthem One Mo' Gen!
    Europe will never be the same and we will march stronger and sexier than ever.
    The ones who keep pretending to dislike it (for whatever reason) will be forced to work for my Facebook fundraiser so we can get the 2 mill$ that we so badly need so she can make a video with kittens in space.
    You have been warned.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 02:32

I stopped by The Mariah Experience today and had such a festive time! I picked up yet another copy of Caution since the physical copy I was supposed to receive when I redeemed my concert ticket voucher is still not here :-? and I also got the Merry Christmas vinyl record.
    My son and my husband were with me and everyone thought it was so cute an 11 year old boy liked Mariah so much, one of the workers gave him the last token to the Mariah gumball machine and he got an M pin. Also, one of the super sweet people working at the place gave me her own Mariah cartoon pin, I was so touched, she made my day <3
    Nice to know that you have a supportive family!
    They know Mimi is my only addiction and they totally enable me
    MARIAH

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 02:32

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy
    Hey guys, just wanted to tell that Caution is a great album and her interview & performance was both classy and great. Happy for you guys that she delivered cause people are so unfair towards Mariah.
    That's nice! Thanks.

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 02:39

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel
    Yesterday the album completely hit me. As a full body of work it is one of her best, and that after almost three (!) decades.

She should take pride in all the positive reactions she is receiving, from fans to press to general music lovers. I am 100 percent confident she is aware of her ‘pop status’ in the fast-changing current music industry. It is time to fortify het status as a musician, her pop reign is long over, and has been for a long while. Sales and charts are just not as relevant anymore, and comparisons with the past are all in vain. And I’m emphasizing this from both sides, you can’t call out younger artists because they will never achieve Mariah’s sales, nor should we slaughter this promo campaign, and all the efforts of Mariah and her team based on a narrow minded definition of ‘outcomes’ and ‘success’. Mariah is streamed quite a lot as being part of her generation, she has AIWFCIY which is a phenomenon also in the streaming context, and she is still being noticed after, once again, almost 30 years. This era is about respect, quality and solidifying her artistry. Which is all part of a more multidimensional definition of ‘success’. I could not be more proud, not only about the high quality album, but also about the way she has redeemed herself from those past horrible years, where I personally felt completely disconnected with her personality and work. I feel blessed that I am able to experience all of this. She should be extremely proud, and so should we.
    Quality post right here!

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 02:41

Quote Originally Posted by Cashiado
    Caution, the single, should be on the radio!
    Truth

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 02:46

Quote Originally Posted by Luminator
    The only, but severe mistake that the promo team has done is giving away the general interest in a new Mariah single with "GTFO", which is a great song, but it was the only opportunity to push a record to Pop/Rhythmic or Urban formats. They definitely could have given "Caution", "A No No", "The Distance" a go for that.

But we will never know....
    GTFO is still the streaming leader on Spotify and YT. I don't understand why they didn't go ahead and push it to URB and RHY formats once they say how the buzz single was getting a lot of positive attention.

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 02:47

Quote Originally Posted by MCPH
    And the blame game starts right here... some of us tried to warn you.

Close the chart sites. Get yourself a drink, open YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music and just enjoy it for what it is. It's a great album.
    Amen!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 02:48

Was Jay Z involved in this project?
    Why does she thank him right after Melissa?

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 02:52

Quote Originally Posted by itsawrap
    Why is anyone shocked by the numbers? She has no hit singles from the album and she's been touring for over a month in another country.
    45-50k isn't shocking. It's in the range of what many have been predicting on the chart analysis thread. I think the positive promo the last few days combined with the unexpected success of the #Justiceforglitter campaign had some of us feeling more optimistic that it reach as high as 70-75k. The week is just getting started, let's see what it brings.

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 02:55

Quote Originally Posted by mm2912
    Il'l try not to bothered by the low sales. I'm just so happy she released an masterpiece. and I hope the sales doesn't dismotivate her to keep on releasing albums. can't wait to see what she has instore for us next
    Mariah and her team are very aware and realistic about the state of the industry and her sales prospects all things considered. Sales will have zero impact on her desire to create music in the future.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 02:58

Can i ask something? I hope somebody will respond. Like stevyy for example. HHD says 52K based on first day of sales correct? So how much can the figure change after a whole week of sales? Because once an album is released, a whole week of sales is counted before the album makes its debut on the charts. Isn't that how it works?

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 02:59

Quote Originally Posted by stevyy
    I assume her sales will increase a little over the week with the promotion. 50k in traditional sales and 55-60k sps should be possible. Caution will debut at #4 or #5.

But.. what I find even more interesting is... that we are in Q4 and people do tend to buy more music in this season. I hope Mariah somehow benefits. I know that for example her concerts in Europe will prolong the album's charts life here.
    I'm more than happy with at Top 5 debut in the 50k range. I also think she could see decent and consistent sales from Thanksgiving to Christmas, peak sales time here in the US. Will her Christmas dominance with holiday music make a difference at all for Caution sales? Surely there will be added awareness, if not added interest. What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 03:01

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by delapuerta
    Which place would be that? #4?
    no, more like no. 7-10. No.8 had 54,530 units last week
    No. 8 had 40k this week, if she sells 50k she would be 4th place this week. If lambs can stream overnight like they should, then we can get the predictions up to at least like 60k to ensure a top 4 at least
    Stop singing my part now baby

The Diva
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 03:01

Our legendary divas have very front loaded sales these days. So I would expect sales to drop below 20K next week

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 03:02

Quote Originally Posted by Kaloki
    One Mo Gen - 0/10 - expecting the usual troll/hater or whatever other nonsense comments here, but for me this is one of the worst things Mariah has ever recorded. Tried several times and can't even finish it it's so bad
    Why You Mad says hi.

I'm shocked that you of all people don't like this. Maybe you need someone to enjoy it with.
    Every December we celebrate the birth of Jesus and the sleighage of Mariah Carey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 03:03

Quote Originally Posted by hawk25
    Can i ask something? I hope somebody will respond. Like stevyy for example. HHD says 52K based on first day of sales correct? So how much can the figure change after a whole week of sales? Because once an album is released, a whole week of sales is counted before the album makes its debut on the charts. Isn't that how it works?
    The HDD projection is for the entire week. Sales of a veteran act are heavily front loaded, so she probably did do 20 - 30k day one and based on that they are making their projections for the week.

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 03:04

Quote Originally Posted by bm08
    Must admit, I am a bit surprised they havent done anything with Apple Music. Havent seen any banners or any playlists highlighted on the main page. It just seems more like her audience. I believe Anderson Paak is really benefitting from his big banner placement.

Even the iTunes banner seems lost at #7 on the scroll.

But there's time. Hopefully Monday after GMA?

Btw...Glitter still holding up at #15! Imagine this becoming THE digital seller of her catalog!
    This might sell as many or more this week as last if it holds Top 20 all week. Hilarious. Glitter is back! To me, #JusticeforGlitter has got to be considered a huge success if for no other reason that it made Mariah - by her own admission - rethink it's place in her legacy. I love that she said that out loud. Watch her start sampling from it in future concerts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Colombia71345
    Was Jay Z involved in this project?
    Why does she thank him right after Melissa?
    He is the founder of Roc Nation & a friend and an adviser, telling her with whom to collaborate with.
    He brought Blood Orange into the game...so we have to give him credit for „Giving me life“.

Source:
    https://youtu.be/j8TTOYVCq5g

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hawk25
    It depends on a lot of factors but most albums usually experience between 50%-60% (on average) reduction in sales based on the first week figures. Mariah's Caution can experience resurgence in sales comes December (most albums do) given Mariah's relative popularity during Christmas, hopefully that would trickle down to Caution as well.
    That cigarette, put it out, put it out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 03:05

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by skyfall007
    So I’m streaming the album constantly day and night with my Premium Spotify account. I hope it is making a difference. I have to stream it like 1,000+ times for it to count as a sale?
    I’m not so worried about the first week sales. If she can keep promoting through to Christmas, this album could have longevity!
    Spotify only counts 10 plays per song per day and per person to stop manipulation. which means you can only stream it 700 times until next friday
    Where did you hear this? I have never seen this
    Stop singing my part now baby

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 03:06

I'm sorry but I think I love GTFO even more than I did previously as part of the album. The production is just so lush. It was the perfect taste of the album.

I think I can say my faves are:

GTFO
    A no no
    One mo' gen
    Giving me life
    8th Grade
    The distance

Portait is becoming more appealing to me the more I hear it but sorry With You lovers. I had warmed to it but now I have the whole album it's the one song I skip. It's not a bad song it just seems less interesting when compared to the rest.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 03:06

Quote Originally Posted by leoapp
    I still think Portrait kills the momentum of the album
    It sounds so weird after hearing some consecutive RnB jams.
    But i know if Portrait is located on other album, it may shine
    Nahh. It's a perfect ending to a flawless album.
    Every December we celebrate the birth of Jesus and the sleighage of Mariah Carey

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Sun November 18th, 2018, 03:07

Quote Originally Posted by crossfitkills
    Caution (song) makes my life worth living.
    Her Daydreamish tone + harmonized Melody using second voice a la Melt Away over the second pre-chorus + belted breakdown-ish ad-libs on top of the final chorus. Savage!!!
    Not to speak on the mood of the song, sultry lyrics showing such honesty and maturity.
    I think you just explained to me, logically, why I love Caution so much! Thanks!!

The casual flow of Caution makes me melt away!!! Butter!