User Tag List

View Poll Results: What are the chances Caution is nominated for a Grammy?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100%

7 12.73%
  • 75%

5 9.09%
  • 50%

7 12.73%
  • 25%

6 10.91%
  • 10%

13 23.64%
  • 0%

17 30.91%
Page 6785 of 6838 FirstFirst ... 578562856685673567756783678467856786678767956835 ... LastLast
Results 169,601 to 169,625 of 170942

Thread: Mariah Carey

Manager
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 14:37

@7:29

Wendy said VOL is the stupidest song ever....
    She also hates Hero...
    Omg her taste in music is horrible af..
    Last edited by gunman6; Sun May 19th, 2019 at 14:59.
    "Vision of love.. When I first heard that song, I knew it. My mind was made up. I had to be a singer." - Beyonce -

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 15:58

Quote Originally Posted by gunman6 View Post

She also hates Hero...
    No lies detected; they are her most shallow and linear songs periodt

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 15:59

@mimicarey it should but 8t won't since Grammy hates Mariah and Mariah don't give a Flying F about the show anyway

but TBH, I haven't seen an R&b album till now this year that stands in a way of Caution, truly ,its one of the best r&b record out there.

I hope I'm wrong and it managed to get a few noms
    #FingerCrossed

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 16:00

Quote Originally Posted by gunman6 View Post

She also hates Hero...
    No lies detected; they are her most shallow and linear songs periodt

Manager
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 16:04

VOL is a statement, a great song, a vindication, she showed in her first song all her power. VOL isn't lineal non Hero

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 16:53

MOD NOTE

Thanks for the reports, comments and observations in the last 24 hours. I have since taken action on many of them including by giving several infractions for aggressive posts, troll-like posts, and spam-like posts. ​Unfortunately, due to the number of reports/actions, I was unable to individually respond to each person that reported a post.

Infractions all have different point weight and expire over different periods of time. When a user has 100 points in a 3 month period, they are automatically banned. In some cases, a user may be banned without an infraction or warning given beforehand.

Users are encouraged to report posts instead of perpetuating arguments in the thread.

If anyone has questions about this, please PM.

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 18:33

Caution (album) is still so freaken fresh, it's already my most listened to Mariah album.... This album deserves Grammys period
    ooooh shots of Remy playin' confessions and our bodies blendin'

Legend
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 18:43

Quote Originally Posted by crybaby26 View Post
    Caution (album) is still so freaken fresh, it's already my most listened to Mariah album.... This album deserves Grammys period
    I feel the absolute same and I will pray for some awards recognition.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 18:51

Quote Originally Posted by stevyy View Post
    I feel the absolute same and I will pray for some awards recognition.
    I know this is probably a reach but AOTY nominations are based on a mix of critical acclaim, sales and discussion surrounding the album. Metacritic has Caution listed as the 14th most discussed album of 2018, it was universally acclaimed, and its sales were decent for an R&B album.

The Emancipation of Mimi is listed as being the 12th most discussed album of 2005 and that was nominated for a tonne of Grammys. AOTY nominations always tend to include one veteran/legacy artist (e.g. Jay Z in 2018, Brandi Carlile in 2019). I can't think of any legacy artist that's released/going to release a project as acclaimed as Caution before the submissions deadline. I'm probably being overly-idealistic lol but I'm sure it'll nab a couple of nominations (and even a win) in the R&B Categories (if the Grammys don't foil her like they did in 1996 and 2006). The membership of the selection panel has changed too so the people that foiled her in the past have less of an influence / may not even be present anymore.

Imagine MC winning AOTY 30 years into her career! It's (literally) the stuff of dreams!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 18:56

The Grammys could potentially ressurect the Caution era if Mariah secures some high profile noms/ wins! We should probs all push her collectively as a fanbase to submit her work for consideration!

Legend
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 18:56

I'm a pessimist... I don't think her label will even submit anything for consideration.

Legend
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 18:57

I'm a pessimist... I don't think her label will even submit anything for consideration.

afterall they didn't even submit #Beautiful which should have won Best R&B song in 2014.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 18:58

I honestly wonder what direction Mimi is gonna take for #MC16. Caution has already set the standard for her artistically and critically at the moment so there's probably a lot more pressure...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 18:59

Quote Originally Posted by stevyy View Post

afterall they didn't even submit #Beautiful which should have won Best R&B song in 2014.
    I don't think #Beautiful got the acclaim that Caution as an album is getting. It was a moderate hit and the critics enjoyed it, but I think there was a bit of controversy surrounding the use of the # in the title. Plus Mariah was going through a lot personally (the broken arm and the divorce) so I don't think Grammy submissions were even on her mind then. Island / Def Jam was also being re-structured at the time.
    Last edited by mimicarey; Sun May 19th, 2019 at 19:02.

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 19:02

As a casual fan, i'm happy that Mariah is in a good place, looking great and delivering great music. Grammy nominations (and wins) would be icing on the cake at this point, good but not necessary.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 19:05

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    As a casual fan, i'm happy that Mariah is in a good place, looking great and delivering great music. Grammy nominations (and wins) would be icing on the cake at this point, good but not necessary.
    Imagine if Madge and Mariah both get nominated for Grammys. It'd be a repeat of 2006 all over again . Maybe they could open the show together and show the world that they don't actually hate each other anymore!

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 19:05

Quote Originally Posted by charmxriah View Post
    Imagine if Madge and Mariah both get nominated for Grammys. It'd be a repeat of 2006 all over again :0
    That won't happen as my fave will release a mediocre album and Caution is amazing.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 19:07

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    That won't happen as my fave will release a mediocre album and Caution is amazing.
    Tbh if the rest of the album explores similair themes to Medellin it could snag a Pop Album or rap-sung collaboration nomination. You never know with an artist like Madonna. I'm just glad they're both finally making music!

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 19:09

Tbh if the rest of the album explores similair themes to Medellin it could snag a Pop Album or rap-sung collaboration nomination. You never know with an artist like Madonna. I'm just glad they're both finally making music!
    Yeah, we should appreciate our legends while they're alive
    Cha Cha Instructor

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 19:20

Quote Originally Posted by mimicarey View Post
    I honestly wonder what direction Mimi is gonna take for #MC16. Caution has already set the standard for her artistically and critically at the moment so there's probably a lot more pressure...
    I'd really love it if she just let loose creatively. Epic basically let her take free reign on the creative side of things. I'd love her to do an entirely orchestral-based album (like with the instrumentation on 'Portrait' but on a larger, grander scale and exploring a wider amount of genres), or alternatively something more influenced by electronica / psychedelic rock (a la GTFO and 'Giving Me Life').

I like to think of 'Caution' as a taste of whats to come from Mariah - she only spent 4 months recording it! We don't give her enough credit for it, but despite it being a 10-track album, she manages to cover all her traditional musical bases and debut more edgy, experimental sounds without straying away from her fundamental R&B roots (the heavy EDM influences on GTFO and 8th Grade, the psychedelic/ stadium rock influences on Giving Me Life, and the latin/ trap influences on 'Caution' - she even arguably experiments with moohmbaton on 'Runway')
    Last edited by charmxriah; Sun May 19th, 2019 at 19:23.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 19:27

I like to think of 'Caution' as a taste of whats to come from Mariah - she only spent 4 months recording it!
    Recording time doesn't actually show or mean anything. There have been albums recorded in a few weeks that were amazing (don't feel rushed, great from start to finish...) and then there are albums that have been recorded in periods over year/two or more and still fail short of being good despite having time to be worked on. It just seems that she went in recording Caution with a clear idea/vision of it in her mind. The album flows great and is a nice body of work. And when you're in that kind of a mood it's easier to record an album. But it doesn't mean you're gonna record it fast or slow. There are always some other elements that can play into recording process.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 19:35

Quote Originally Posted by beredy View Post
    Recording time doesn't actually show or mean anything. There have been albums recorded in a few weeks that were amazing (don't feel rushed, great from start to finish...) and then there are albums that have been recorded in periods over year/two or more and still fail short of being good despite having time to be worked on.
    I mean I think that's true to a certain extent, but Mariah always strikes me as someone who likes to take her time on things. I remember she said on Genius Live that she wished retrospectively that she'd spent more time recording the album. I think its a combination of both being in a mentally good place and timing for her - she spent 3 years recording Me I am Mariah, but personal circumstances such as the broken arm and the divorce meant it was quite disjointed and fragmented in places.

I think albums like Butterfly are good examples of Mariah taking her time with things - she'd practically spent six years of her life dreaming of making an album like it. Another example is The Emancipation of Mimi - she spent 2 years recording it and as a result, its still one of her most sonically diverse albums (the range of sub-genres within R&B that she covers is staggering!).

Superstar
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 19:40

^Well if she had more time with Caution we might've gotten a completely different album (because as time goes on artists often switch the whole album idea if something new hits them - and it's not always for the best). So I'm glad it happened like this. I guess we'll never know, but I personally don't think looking into the time spent recording an album can point to the album being developed as it should/underdeveloped or something along those lines. Final product is what matters.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun May 19th, 2019, 19:55

I'd personally love it if Jazzriah was given the chance to shine on an album of her own. A couple of jazz standards, one or two duets and a couple of original songs would be a dream.