This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • royalnight
    • 17 Sep 2018

I know Mariah hasn't scored a #1 album in awhile, but something about this whole era just seems different. I know people are worried about Michael Buble or Mumford & Sons. There will also be the special edition of The Greatest Showman covers album. I feel like those 3 and Mariah will make up the top 4 the week they are released. Buble didn't go to number one with his last album; and while Mumford & Sons have for their last 2 albums, the most recent before this was released during a week with very little competition (Ciara and My Morning Jacket were the only two other artists I recognized who released the same time they did). Plus, I feel like Mumford & Sons just overall aren't as popular as they once were. I feel with the right promotion and strategy, Mariah could go to number one!

Comment

• NorthernMonkey
      Legend
      • 01 Dec 2010

Originally posted by royalnight
      I know Mariah hasn't scored a #1 album in awhile, but something about this whole era just seems different. I know people are worried about Michael Buble or Mumford & Sons. There will also be the special edition of The Greatest Showman covers album. I feel like those 3 and Mariah will make up the top 4 the week they are released. Buble didn't go to number one with his last album; and while Mumford & Sons have for their last 2 albums, the most recent before this was released during a week with very little competition (Ciara and My Morning Jacket were the only two other artists I recognized who released the same time they did). Plus, I feel like Mumford & Sons just overall aren't as popular as they once were. I feel with the right promotion and strategy, Mariah could go to number one!
      I like your optimism. “Caution” is such an attention grabbing title, the promo could be really good.

I do think another single would be wise. We’ve had 2 slow songs and need a banger to see in the album. If the title track “Caution” is good enough, releasing it to radio a week before the album could be a good strategy.
      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• OrangeClouds5
        Roadie
        • 27 Apr 2014

I'm loving the title! Simple, one word. (And I'm hopeful now we will at least get a banger or two out of this album.)

Comment

• mm2912
          Superstar
          • 04 Jun 2016

GTFO and WY couldn't even chart on the hot100. I don't think she can debut the album very well not even with a moderate hit. but if she wanted a successful album she should've released a banger 4 the 1st single so whatever.. I'm just glad I can enjoy new music next month

Comment

• emancipationofmeme
            • 24 Aug 2018

Originally posted by EAI
            Originally posted by Remit
            Chanteuse
            Acquiescing
            Upon
            The
            Intense
            Overwhelming
            Nation
            I was legit about to do this. There is no way we are actually getting a one word title after 16 years. I'll believe it when I see it
            unparalleled creativity

Originally posted by bm08
            Caution could also be seen from the internal where she, herself, is being cautious and not rushing or jumping into anything. Like a form of advice
            +1 I am guessing the alleged song that says "proceed with caution" means being careful before starting a new relationship. Love has always been the main theme of her work. I don't think Caution means "watch out because I'm snatching wigs."

Comment

• UKLamb_1
              Manager
              • 09 Nov 2012

Originally posted by mm2912
              GTFO and WY couldn't even chart on the hot100. I don't think she can debut the album very well not even with a moderate hit. but if she wanted a successful album she should've released a banger 4 the 1st single so whatever.. I'm just glad I can enjoy new music next month
              There's plenty of time for Caution (the song) to do what it needs to do. It's better the song be released nearer the album anyway, people have such a short attention span.

I'm hoping we get a video for the next single but seeing how her tour dates are close together I can't see Mariah filming one. I'm speculating the song features Lil Kim / Snoop, but if it does, would be great to have a fun video.
              “Mariah also dumped her longtime assistant Louise by shoving her out of a car in downtown Manhattan.”

Comment

• WaitYourTurn
                Manager
                • 16 Jul 2009

the more I hear With You, the more I think it’s a song about cheating in a relationship. Thoughts?

Comment

• LambChild
                  Manager
                  • 18 Mar 2016

Both could’ve charted in the lower region of the Hot 100 had they been released on Friday instead of Thursday.
                  funny how one can learn
                  to grow numb to the madness
                  and block it away

Comment

• H0neyBF1y
                    Roadie
                    • 12 Apr 2008

LOVE LOVE LOVE we are back to one word album titles - and LOVE this title!

MC will slay!

twitter.com/H0neyBF1y

Comment

• OrangeClouds5
                      Roadie
                      • 27 Apr 2014

Originally posted by UKLamb_1
                      There's plenty of time for Caution (the song) to do what it needs to do. It's better the song be released nearer the album anyway, people have such a short attention span.

I'm hoping we get a video for the next single but seeing how her tour dates are close together I can't see Mariah filming one. I'm speculating the song features Lil Kim / Snoop, but if it does, would be great to have a fun video.
                      I feel they are going for longevity with the era and album. Give it legs and don't release the boppiest bop upfront. I love both GTFO and WY, so I'm already happy.

Comment

• H0neyBF1y
                        Roadie
                        • 12 Apr 2008

Looking forward to MC having her 18th Top Ten album.

That's difficult to get, not everyone has that...

twitter.com/H0neyBF1y

Comment

• Colombia71345
                          Personal Assistant
                          • 10 Apr 2014

Ok guys, I made this grindr contest called GuessTheSong and I added the lyrics of With You and among the answers, ppl keep saying: Otis Redding. Does anyone know why?
                          :x :x :x
                          IG Account:
                          https://www.instagram.com/diosbendigaestenegocio/

Comment

• mm2912
                            Superstar
                            • 04 Jun 2016

Originally posted by H0neyBF1y

top10 is possible. Aguilera debuted at #6 but she had more buzz than Mariah right now. we'll see. at least I'm confident we'll get an quality album

Comment

• Ashank
                              Roadie
                              • 01 Apr 2015

Caution

Sounds like an alternative band album name.
                              Well, I've seen worse of her album names so this one is okay.

Caution w/ the next single Mimi or your album will bomb hard.
                              Baby too much is never enough. More and more 'til we both overflow...

Comment

• Ashank
                                Roadie
                                • 01 Apr 2015

Originally posted by H0neyBF1y

You can get top 10 by just selling 10 these days.
                                Baby too much is never enough. More and more 'til we both overflow...

Comment

• promiscuousloverboy
                                  • 30 Apr 2018

Originally posted by NorthernMonkey
                                  Originally posted by wave
                                  Originally posted by Tigre
                                  Little Mix is releasing November 16 - not sure what that means for US sales since they’re pretty UK based.
                                  Mumford will easily take the #1album in the US.
                                  Oh Mumford is out that day too?

#1 Mumford
                                  #2 Michael Bublé
                                  #3 Mariah Carey | Caution
                                  Why are you guys so sure that he will do better, his singles have all been flopping since 2014 and his last album only old 250k in the U.S... it's more than MIAM but it is still not great numbers and he has disappeared just like Mariah in recent years to the GP
                                  Stop singing my part now baby

Comment

• OrangeClouds5
                                    Roadie
                                    • 27 Apr 2014

Originally posted by Ashank
                                    Caution

Sounds like an alternative band album name.
                                    Well, I've seen worse of her album names so this one is okay.

Caution w/ the next single Mimi or your album will bomb hard.
                                    No need to caution anything, Mimi. You're doing amazing, sweetie! Can't wait for the album.

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                                      Legend
                                      • 13 Oct 2010

Originally posted by promiscuousloverboy

Why are you guys so sure that he will do better, his singles have all been flopping since 2014 and his last album only old 250k in the U.S... it's more than MIAM but it is still not great numbers and he has disappeared just like Mariah in recent years to the GP

It's Michael buble's FINAL album. He will be retiring after this release

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                                        Legend
                                        • 13 Oct 2010

Originally posted by OrangeClouds5
                                        I feel they are going for longevity with the era and album. Give it legs and don't release the boppiest bop upfront. .
                                        Yeas!
                                        TeamMariah are really stretching this era out.
                                        Its ashame GTFO wasn't pushed though..... there could have been 2 singles driving the album.

Comment

• mm2912
                                          Superstar
                                          • 04 Jun 2016

Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy
                                          Originally posted by OrangeClouds5
                                          I feel they are going for longevity with the era and album. Give it legs and don't release the boppiest bop upfront. .
                                          Yeas!
                                          TeamMariah are really stretching this era out.
                                          Its ashame GTFO wasn't pushed though..... there could have been 2 singles driving the album.
                                          they could've done like Beyoncé and have 2 singles at the same time and see what sticks but one ballad and another uptempo

Comment

Working...