Page 7149 of 7223 FirstFirst ... 614966497049709971397147714871497150715171597199 ... LastLast
Results 178,701 to 178,725 of 180573

Thread: Mariah Carey

  1. #178701
    mm2912's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    04 Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,250
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 14:07

    tomorrow morning to grammy nomination will be announce. I'm afraid to be dissapointed

  2. #178702
    WEBofDESIRE's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    06 Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,610
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 14:09

    Quote Originally Posted by mm2912 View Post
    tomorrow morning to grammy nomination will be announce. I'm afraid to be dissapointed
    I don't expect any nominations, therefore I can not be disappointed!

  3. #178703
    DNK's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    11 Jan 2018
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
    My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
    Forever and always!

  4. #178704
    WEBofDESIRE's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    06 Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,610
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 14:14

    ^ Nice!

  5. #178705
    bm08's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,902
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 14:16

    Quote Originally Posted by ferrero View Post
    ^ My bad. I was under the impression these video streams will count during the tabulation of stream equivalent album?
    Oh, I was going by this article from May 2018. I dont know if there is something more recent and if the rules changed:

    The Billboard 200 will now include two tiers of on-demand audio streams. TIER 1: paid subscription audio streams (equating 1,250 streams to 1 album unit) and TIER 2: ad-supported audio streams (equating 3,750 streams to 1 album unit).Streams from trial subscriptions that offer the same access and functionality as a paid tier will be considered TIER 1. At this juncture, the Billboard 200 will continue to not incorporate video streams. The Billboard 200 ranks the most popular albums of the week based on multimetric consumption, which includes traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (equating 10 sold tracks to 1 album unit), and streaming equivalent albums.

    https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...-billboard-200

  6. #178706
    bm08's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,902
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 14:27

    Quote Originally Posted by mm2912 View Post
    tomorrow morning to grammy nomination will be announce. I'm afraid to be dissapointed
    I expect at least one nomination for Best R&B Album.

  7. #178707
    sts's Avatar

    Join Date
    30 Jul 2019
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 14:44

    Quote Originally Posted by bm08 View Post
    I expect at least one nomination for Best R&B Album.
    Yeah, I think Best R&B Album is the only category where Caution has a real chance. Keeping my finger's crossed! GML & 8th Grade are stone cold classics!

  8. #178708
    delapuerta's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    04 Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,527
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 14:56

    Quote Originally Posted by sts View Post
    Yeah, I think Best R&B Album is the only category where Caution has a real chance. Keeping my finger's crossed! GML & 8th Grade are stone cold classics!
    I hope so, maybe one for R&B song, if Toni made it one year ago Mariah can

  9. #178709
    NorthernMonkey's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    01 Dec 2010
    Location
    North England
    Posts
    8,795
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 14:59

    I’m not clearing nominations. They’re consistently terrible to Mariah so best to expect nothing. I’ll be ecstatic if she gets one though.
    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

  10. #178710
    crybaby26's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    08 Jan 2014
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    2,676
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 15:15

    I also think we should not be too excited for nominations. Let's be realistic and rather be surprised than be excited and be disappointed. We know that the grammys has never been supportive towards Mariah , I pray for one or two noms tho
    Mariah Carey
    Billboard's Top Solo Female of All Time

  11. #178711
    MrDash's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    18 Nov 2018
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,967
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 15:16

    This.

    Quote Originally Posted by crybaby26 View Post
    I also think we should not be too excited for nominations. Let's be realistic and rather be surprised than be excited and be disappointed. We know that the grammys has never been supportive towards Mariah
    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

  12. #178712
    mm2912's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    04 Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,250
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 15:31

    She was snubbed once again. Let’s get real, she’ll never ever be nominated in her entire life anymore. That’s final. **** the Grammys

  13. #178713
    bm08's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,902
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 15:36

    Quote Originally Posted by mm2912 View Post
    She was snubbed once again. Let’s get real, she’ll never ever be nominated in her entire life anymore. That’s final. **** the Grammys
    Noms arent out yet

  14. #178714
    mm2912's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    04 Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,250
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 15:41

    Quote Originally Posted by bm08 View Post
    Noms arent out yet
    grammy updated their website on the artists pages with the new nominations. so we know who got already new nominations. even madonna got 2 nominations

  15. #178715
    himc15's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    03 Jan 2014
    Posts
    11,754
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 15:41

    She should be nominated in so many categories but we all know, it's the Grammys, so well, whatever,

    F the Grammys

  16. #178716
    bm08's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,902
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 15:44

    Quote Originally Posted by mm2912 View Post
    grammy updated their website on the artists pages with the new nominations. so we know who got already new nominations. even madonna got 2 nominations
    Mess

  17. #178717
    Robby's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    10 Dec 2013
    Location
    The Hague, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,973
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 15:46

    ^ Tragic mess. Caution, the album, deserved it. Still listening to select personal gems almost daily.
    Everything, it only fades...

  18. #178718
    mm2912's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    04 Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,250
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 15:48

    I don't know why they dispise her so much. no matter how good her material is they'll always ignore her. they hate her with all their guts

  19. #178719
    LotsOfLove's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    16 Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,173
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 15:51

    Quote Originally Posted by mm2912 View Post
    grammy updated their website on the artists pages with the new nominations. so we know who got already new nominations. even madonna got 2 nominations
    I can’t find anything about this?

  20. #178720
    sm3's Avatar

    Join Date
    12 Jun 2018
    Posts
    219
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 15:54

    Quote Originally Posted by delapuerta View Post
    I hope so, maybe one for R&B song, if Toni made it one year ago Mariah can
    Yes Toni got R&B album nom for an album that performed worse than Caution. If she can then MC can but keeping expectations low knowing the relationship the Grammys have with Mariah.

    Long as I live also got nods for Best R&B song and Best R&B Performance but in this case, the song was a bigger hit than WY in UAC.. It topped the chart for a couple of weeks whereas WY peaked at #3

  21. #178721
    crybaby26's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    08 Jan 2014
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    2,676
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 16:01

    Please don't post false news about the nominations. I'm already upset just reading that Mariah was snubbed, don't know how I'll handle it if its gon be true tomorrow cause Mariah at least deserve ONE nomination
    Mariah Carey
    Billboard's Top Solo Female of All Time

  22. #178722
    Hejira's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    15 Jun 2019
    Location
    Groningen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,677
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 16:19

    Please post SOURCES when posting things like these to avoid potentially unneeded confusion.
    "You can build a new heart and a new house
    Gonna take some time but things will turn out
    So much of everything will be waiting for you..."

    https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1

  23. #178723
    myworld's Avatar

    Join Date
    07 Oct 2019
    Posts
    162
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 16:21

    Quote Originally Posted by sm3 View Post
    Yes Toni got R&B album nom for an album that performed worse than Caution. If she can then MC can but keeping expectations low knowing the relationship the Grammys have with Mariah.

    Long as I live also got nods for Best R&B song and Best R&B Performance but in this case, the song was a bigger hit than WY in UAC.. It topped the chart for a couple of weeks whereas WY peaked at #3
    Yep if Toni was nominated, there is no reason for Mariah not to be. The album Caution performed much better, and it was much more acclaimed by critics, no nomination for Caution would just prove again what we have all known for years about the Grammy's literally hating Mariah

  24. #178724
    Hejira's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    15 Jun 2019
    Location
    Groningen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,677
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 16:25

    Quote Originally Posted by myworld View Post
    Yep if Toni was nominated, there is no reason for Mariah not to be. The album Caution performed much better, and it was much more acclaimed by critics, no nomination for Caution would just prove again what we have all known for years about the Grammy's literally hating Mariah
    But she has publicly (and rightfully) been vocal about her hate for the Grammy's in return. That was basically ending some kind of toxic relationship. From that moment chances of her being nominated were zero.
    "You can build a new heart and a new house
    Gonna take some time but things will turn out
    So much of everything will be waiting for you..."

    https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1

  25. #178725
    bm08's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,902
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)

    by Tue November 19th, 2019, 16:31

    Quote Originally Posted by Hejira View Post
    Please post SOURCES when posting things like these to avoid potentially unneeded confusion.
    I think what people did was went to different artist pages on the Grammy website and saw that they had more nods than what they previously had last year. For MC, apparently the number of nods didnt change.

    For example, this WAS Lady Gaga's before they switched it back:



    If you go to her page now you will see it has 24:
    https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/lady-gaga

    Maybe it was a glitch and it is all incorrect. Who knows? We'll see tomorrow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •