Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Camila Cabello

by » Tue June 28th, 2016, 17:28

Quote Originally Posted by theArmy
    I'm starting to fall for her and I.don't.like.that.
    She is very pretty
    Whitney Houston

Legend
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

by » Tue June 28th, 2016, 17:34

Quote Originally Posted by Noahh
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesper
    She has a very distinct voice
    Yes and it's absolutely terror.
    lmaooo
    Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Cuz you ugly and can't relate

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue June 28th, 2016, 18:48

Quote Originally Posted by Nippian93
    She is very pretty
    Actually, she is not, facially.

by » Tue June 28th, 2016, 18:52

Quote Originally Posted by MonaBlissa
    She is very pretty
    For me, she is pretty, "very pretty" was a bit too laudatory, but she is pretty .
    Whitney Houston

Legend
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

by » Tue June 28th, 2016, 22:27

She is very pretty
    lmaoooooooo

Y'all so rude.

She does have charisma...and stage presence. I'll give her that. The charisma thing is what all the other 4 members of FH are missing.

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Wed June 29th, 2016, 06:04

Quote Originally Posted by ThaInfo1

She does have charisma...and stage presence. I'll give her that. The charisma thing is what all the other 4 members of FH are missing.
    The real question will be if she still has that charisma and stage present without a duet partner or 4 girls by her side. That is what I am the most curious about. She still gives disney vibes and I feel if the girl would go solo now she would serve some real cheese. 5H tries to be bad bish extra light and she can serve within that, but would that be enough if she would go for more poppy stuff.

Legend
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

by » Wed June 29th, 2016, 14:00

Quote Originally Posted by Jesper
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaInfo1

The real question will be if she still has that charisma and stage present without a duet partner or 4 girls by her side. That is what I am the most curious about. She still gives disney vibes and I feel if the girl would go solo now she would serve some real cheese. 5H tries to be bad bish extra light and she can serve within that, but would that be enough if she would go for more poppy stuff.
    Good point. Time shall reveal.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed June 29th, 2016, 14:32

Seeing their recent tour, Normani is standing out, and Lauren appears to be sick. Camila is being Camila, but looking at some of these recent performances, I'm seeing Normani progressing. Lauren has more air time, but I think she may be sick.

I’m a duty manager now bitchessss
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

by » Thu October 27th, 2016, 14:23

MGK and Camila discuss 'Bad Things' with Billboard
    Every generation gets the bad boy/good girl story they deserve -- at least, according to Cleveland rapper Machine Gun Kelly. "There's something about America's sweetheart and America's bad boy," MGK tells Billboard about "Bad Things," his climbing hit with Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello. "That juxtaposition is what everyone desires. Prior to this it was 'Bonnie and Clyde' from Jay and Beyoncé, going back further you have Romeo and Juliet."

That description pretty much sums up the ear-wormy "Bad Things," the instantly catchy collabo that debuts at No. 80 on the Billboard Hot 100 dated Nov. 5 -- on sales of 26,000 during the week ending Oct. 20, according to Nielsen Music. "The first time I heard the song, I felt an instant connection to it," Cabello tells Billboard, describing how the "haunting" intro goes right into her angelic vocal. "To me it's sexy, but I didn't really think about it as being edgy and a step further, because it represents feelings about love that I related to."

Though MGK's verses definitely take things into edgy territory with their talk of "scars on my body," Cabello says for her the song is about, yes, "a good girl who is in love with a bad boy and just can't deny her feelings.

"You feel them both in the vocals and it's just a beautiful juxtaposition," she says. "I think everybody can relate to loving somebody and them bringing out a wild side in you."

Cabello was not familiar with the 1999 Fastball hit "Out of My Head" that makes up the backbone of the chorus, but rock lover MGK says when he started working with the song's producers, The Futuristics, he was psyched to hear their interpolation of the alt-rock hit. "We went through and we started to add more, 'Let's put two guitars on it, let's add some strings,'" he explains. "And when we were listening I thought, 'Man, everything else on my album and everything I've been doing lately has a very authentic feel... so I wanted to put that realness to it."

He found the voice he was looking for to add that authenticity after he heard Cabello, who blew him away when he watched a YouTube clip of her singing with just some guitar accompaniment. "She was belting the notes out, not using AutoTune, and it was just beautiful," he recalls. The collabo was long-distance and involved a lot of phone calls, but after they recorded it, MGK went to see Fifth Harmony perform and was even more amazed: "It boosted my enthusiasm for my record because I was like, 'Oh my god, she doesn't stop! She's a full-on star!"

While recording the track, MGK says the pair would constantly FaceTime to discuss the direction, with Cabello doing nearly 100 takes to get it just right. He was so focused on making it feel real that though he'd written and recorded his verses earlier, he went back and did them again, while rapping to a photo of Cabello as if delivering the lines to her in person (but not at all in a creepy way, he promises). "Bad Things" isn't the first song MGK has sung on -- check his single "Spotlight" from earlier this year -- which is why Cabello said she wasn't surprised by his solid crooning on the song's pre-chorus.

"I think he sounds amazing!" she says of the MC, whose live show features almost as much singing and rock elements as rapping. "It's one of my favorite parts of the song, and he kills it. He's a really versatile vocalist and artist."

MGK is confident "Bad Things" is the song that will help him go supernova, and teases that it's just one aspect of a much larger picture he's painting on the in-process follow-up to last year's General Admission. "I'm a storyteller," he says. "I gotta write movies and books every day. I'm finishing up this album now, and 'Bad Things' plays a part in the story of it."
    Fiat 500

by » Sun December 11th, 2016, 07:20

Seeing their recent tour, Normani is standing out, and Lauren appears to be sick. Camila is being Camila, but looking at some of these recent performances, I'm seeing Normani progressing. Lauren has more air time, but I think she may be sick.

The truth is she is 5H
    Forever Young

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Sun December 11th, 2016, 07:34

She's way too all over the place.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

by » Mon December 19th, 2016, 10:12

so I'm guessing high profile feature Q1/2 next year, and then album late 2017/ early 2018?
    Fiat 500

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

by » Mon December 19th, 2016, 10:21

she already has a Wikipedia page now dem stans are quick
    Fiat 500

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

by » Mon December 19th, 2016, 10:36

Quote Originally Posted by Biebz
    Quote Originally Posted by thankfulforkelly
    I was gunna wait until she officially left 5H tho
    So by the end of the year?
    Fiat 500

Legend
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

by » Mon December 19th, 2016, 10:51

Quote Originally Posted by thankfulforkelly
    she already has a Wikipedia page now dem stans are quick
    and it says...

On 18 December it was announced via Twitter that Cabello's representatives had informed Fifth Harmony that she would be retiring from the group

Anyway, i'm actually surprised she didn't have a wiki page previously.

Legend
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

by » Mon December 19th, 2016, 11:17

I don't see her building a solo career as Justin Timberlake or Beyoncé, not even as Zayn. But who knows...
    BLΛƆKPIИK is the revolution

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Tue December 20th, 2016, 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by JeyBeMust
    I don't see her building a solo career as Justin Timberlake or Beyoncé, not even as Zayn. But who knows...
    The difference between her and the artists you're mentioning is that they were famous on their own even when they were on the bands. The girls from 5th Harmony do not have enough charisma to stand out individually (none of them do). Maybe she'll prove us all wrong though
    Welcome to the underworld
    Where the love's at first sight
    The kind that we like
    Under, under, under, underworld

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Tue December 20th, 2016, 17:33

No one leaves a pop group after only two hit songs. Though she's been with Fifth Harmony for five years now, that's still far from the *NSYNC and Destiny's Child achievements which lead to Justin and Beyoncé solo commercial success.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Tue December 20th, 2016, 19:55

But she's not exactly unknown. if she releases the right material she could make it big. who knows. maybe some type of Demi lovato type of success. not small. but not huge either.

Legend
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

by » Tue December 20th, 2016, 19:58

Quote Originally Posted by Loveguru

The truth is she is 5H
    I think she was the darling, Disney star, of 5H but I don't think she was the talent of 5H. I think all the woman contributed equally to their image and sound. Camilla was the front runner for a successful solo career though.

I feel like she feels her current chart success with Machine Gun Kelly was strong enough to go the solo route. She should have waited for another era to be honest. I feel her decision was too rushed and she was only starting to show her solo side with all her features. But she hasn't earned a respected solo artist career from the music consumed out there. I think she made a mistake with this early move.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

by » Tue December 20th, 2016, 20:00

Quote Originally Posted by jpguy
    But she's not exactly unknown. if she releases the right material she could make it big. who knows. maybe some type of Demi lovato type of success. not small. but not huge either.
    In reverse phsychology, she isn't exactly known well enough as a solo artist to establish a solo career as yet
    She was just starting off (and on the right track).
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

by » Tue December 20th, 2016, 20:03

Quote Originally Posted by Loveguru
    The truth is she is 5H
    Lol. No.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue December 20th, 2016, 20:41

Camilla Cabello was calculated to be the star of 5H just like Diana with The Supremes. She was not the most talented, maybe most complete. Just like The Supremes, the others were ignore, muted, and not developed in order to raise her spotlight. The label and management calculated her solo ambitions, and it created a toxic environment for the group.

I think she can be successful, but she will be hated at the same time. She will definitely have anti-fans, but her supporters, who are heavily in Latin America and Brazil, will defend her, and this may seal her success.

by » Sat January 7th, 2017, 00:12

Fifth Harmony's New Deal: Quartet Re-Ups With Epic After Camila Cabello's Exit: Exclusive

The group Fifth Harmony splintered over the Christmas holiday, announcing on Dec. 19 that founding member Camilla Cabello, 19, was leaving the group to pursue a solo career and that the four remaining girls -- Ally Brooke, 23, Normani Kordei, 20, Dinah Jane, 19, and Lauren Jauregui, 20 -- will continue on as a four-piece. Three days later, Epic Records and Syco exercised their option on the pop act, Billboard has confirmed, moving full-steam ahead with a third Fifth Harmony album to be released in 2017. Cabello, meanwhile, is expected to drop her first single -- after appearing alongside Shawn Mendes and Machine Gun Kelly on two Hot 100 top 20 hits -- in April or May.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... -exclusive
    Whitney Houston