Quote Originally Posted by MrRager
    Quote Originally Posted by theArmy
    https://web.facebook.com/christinagrimmie/videos/1148188105223782/

poor girl, may she rest in peace[*]
    Whitney Houston

by » Sat June 18th, 2016, 23:34

Thousands Attend Christina Grimmie’s Funeral

A tragic end to a story just begun.

Christina Grimmie was farewelled by family, friends and fans at a private funeral and public memorial in New Jersey, on Friday.

After meeting with Christina’s fans during a five hour public memorial, the 22-year-old’s father delivered a heartwrenching speech at her funeral:

[quote:28ofd4pj]“This crowd has blessed me beyond words. There is this gigantic hole in my heart that I know is never going to go away but God showed me he is way bigger than that hole. I believe that. There are three things that keep me upright rather than being a crumpled mess in the corner. I know I am going to see her again. She is not going to be hurting… This is where I am wrestling, God’s plan is better than my plan. I’ve argued with God, ‘Your plans are better than mine?’ This doesn’t make sense.”
    Her mother spoke about the last time she saw Christina:

“The last time I saw my daughter was on my birthday. It was May 25th and the day before, the 24th we had a mother-daughter – we always have a mother-daughter time. We’d go get something to eat and talk and then we went on my birthday – me, Bud, Christina and Mark – we went to Cheesecake Factory and it was really nice. And then they had to get things ready for tour.”
    And on Monday, during a candlelight vigil for the Voice star, her brother – who tackled Grimmie’s killer and has been dubbed a hero by police – spoke of her final moments:

“When the gunman came, he was very quick, it happened so fast, her arms were open and she saw Jesus next. “Her arms were open for him, her arms were open at all times. I love you Christina, you are the best.”
    While police have confirmed Grimmie had no personal connection to the gunman, a motive for the murder has yet to be determined.

More than $180,000 has been raised for Christina’s through a GoFundMe campaign set up by her manager.
    [/quote:28ofd4pj]

http://www.breatheheavy.com/thousands-a ... s-funeral/
    Whitney Houston

Legend
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

by » Sat June 18th, 2016, 23:38

I understand that god may give people some consolidation, and may help them get over hard times. And that's good.
    What's terrible though is how people seem to justify her death based on how god's plan is bigger than life itself.

What kind of obsessive fanatic talk. It annoys me so badly
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

by » Sat June 18th, 2016, 23:45

Quote Originally Posted by DnBLover
    I understand that god may give people some consolidation, and may help them get over hard times. And that's good.
    What's terrible though is how people seem to justify her death based on how god's plan is bigger than life itself.

What kind of obsessive fanatic talk. It annoys me so badly
    I definitely agree :( but what can u do.....

by » Sun June 19th, 2016, 06:31

Emblem3 Remembers 'Amazing' Christina Grimmie, Say Late Singer Had Planned to Tour With Them

Emblem3 are paying tribute to their late friend Christina Grimmie, who they say had planned to tour with them prior to her tragic death.

Christina and the guys of Emblem3 each found fame on reality TV -- she on The Voice, they on X Factor -- and had previously hit the road together on Selena Gomez's Stars Dance tour in 2013. Emblem3 is currently in the midst of their Waking Up tour, promoting a new EP of the same name.

Keaton Stromberg told ET on Friday that the trio last saw their late friend about "a month or two ago," while Wesley Stromberg chimes in that they had been "just texting the other day talking about doing YouTube videos!"

"We still can't believe this happened," he added solemnly.

Christina was shot and killed on June 10 as she signed autographs for fans following a performance with Before You Exit in Orlando, Florida.

"We were in Orlando three or four days before all of this happened. It just, it hits home because we're in the same world, we're out there touring, playing these same venues, similar venues, and you never know what kind of people are in the audience," Keaton said.

"Both of them [Christina and Before You Exit] were supposed to open for us on this tour," added Drew Chadwick. "So, we had this more direct personal thing with them 'cause we're like, wait, that would have happened at our gig. But even more than that, it's like, we knew Christina and she hung out with us a lot."

Keaton remembers her as "amazing" and "one of the nicest people I ever met," while Wesley said she was "one of the sweetest souls."

"Do I mourn for a really long time? 'Cause I could easily just freak out about it, or do I just keep living my life?" he mused.

"It's one of those things that's so surreal, you almost don't really know how to react," Drew confessed. "You sit there kinda dumbfounded."

As the band continues to tour, they plan to beef up security but won't cancel meet and greets with their loyal fans.

"We just wanna make sure that everyone's safe," Keaton explained. "This tour we actually didn't end up bringing security out because we had a lot in the past, and we've kinda grown up a bit. But we just realized that there is a boundary between some people."

A memorial is being held for Christina on Friday in New Jersey. As ET previously reported, Adam Levine, who coached Christina on The Voice, is paying for the funeral.
    http://www.etonline.com/news/191308_emb ... with_them/
    Whitney Houston

by » Mon June 20th, 2016, 23:05

MAX Releases ‘Christina’s Song,’ A Tribute to Christina Grimmie

Just over a week since the horrifying shooting that left Christina Grimmie dead while signing autographs at a concert in Orlando, the late singer’s friend, MAX, has released a song in her honor over the weekend (June 18).

The song, titled “Christina’s Song,” is a tenderly sung tribute, with proceeds going directly to Grimmie’s family fund and charity.
    “This can’t be true, can’t believe you’re gone / How can they say, you’re where you belong / You should be here, and I shouldn’t be singing this song,” MAX mournfully reflects on the touching track.
    “For Christina: You were so kind. So loving. We all wish you were still here with us but pray you’re in a better place. Rest in peace Christina. You will continue to inspire and bring joy to all of our lives every day,” MAX wrote in the song’s description on YouTube.
    To date, the GoFundMe created by Christina’s manager for her family has generated over $187,000 in donations.
    Last week, Christina’s brother Marcus revealed on Facebook that Adam Levine personally called Christina’s mother and offered to pay for funeral and travel expenses.
    The New Jersey-born singer was just 22 years old when she was fatally shot while signing autographs at a concert in Orlando.

http://popcrush.com/max-christina-grimm ... inas-song/
    Whitney Houston

by » Thu June 23rd, 2016, 23:19

In Memoriam of Christina Grimmie: 1994-2016

video
    Whitney Houston

Whitney Houston

by » Sat July 9th, 2016, 05:30

Christina Grimmie’s Family Speaks Out: ‘She Will Live On in Our Hearts Forever’

A month after the tragically fatal shooting of Christina Grimmie while signing autographs for fans after a concert in Orlando on June 10, the singer’s family has just issued a statement to the public, via People.

Her parents, Bud and Tina, as well as her brother Marcus, who bravely tackled the assailant to the ground during the horrifying ordeal according to a police report, thanked friends and family for the “outpouring of love and generosity that has been displayed to our family through these last few weeks.”

“Words cannot express what the many memorials, donations and tributes shared by Christina’s fans and those in the media and entertainment industry mean to us. She will live on in our hearts forever,” they said in the statement.

According to Grimmie’s brother, the late Voice contestant’s coach, Adam Levine, called to offer his condolences and personally offer the family to pay for the funeral and travel expenses. A GoFundMe to support Grimmie’s family started by Christina’s manager, Brian Teefey, has generated over $200,000 in donations.

Artists including Adam Levine, Tori Kelly and Demi Lovato have all spoken out and offered their condolences. VidCon also paid tribute with a touching video dedicated to Grimmie, who was an active member of YouTube.

Read the Grimmie family’s full statement below.

[quote:42apawln]“The outpouring of love and generosity that has been displayed to our family throughout these last few weeks has far exceeded anything we could have ever imagined,” Grimmie’s parents, Bud and Tina, and her brother Marcus, tell PEOPLE exclusively in a statement. “As we have always known, Christina’s life was so very special, not only to us, but to everyone she touched with her joyful heart, beautiful voice and love for life and the Lord. Words cannot express what the many memorials, donations and tributes shared by Christina’s fans and those in the media and entertainment industry mean to us. She will live on in our hearts forever. We will take our time in determining the best ways to honor Christina moving forward.”
    [/quote:42apawln]

http://popcrush.com/christina-grimmie-d ... statement/
    Whitney Houston

by » Sun July 10th, 2016, 23:19

Shady Music Facts ?@TheShadyFacts 4h4 hours ago
    A GoFundMe page in honor of Christina Grimmie was set up with a goal of raising $4,000 but It now has over $200,000
    Whitney Houston

by » Sun July 10th, 2016, 23:30

Published on 10 Jul 2016
    this song was written for Christina Grimmie after she passed away tragically. i needed to write this song. thank you to my good friend, Zac Poor, who was brave enough to take on the challenge of writing it with me. my heart was & is still so heavy when i think of her not being with us. however, i am still comforted knowing that i'll get to see her again someday in heaven. my prayers go out to her family & loved ones.

even though this song had specific meaning, more recently i'm overwhelmed at the pain & the brokenness in the world today, & so this is really just me grieving. at all of it. life is so short.
    thanks for listening, i love you guys.

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” ~ Revelation 21:4
    Whitney Houston

by » Fri July 15th, 2016, 23:19

Meghan Trainor Says Her Fan Interactions Changed Because of Christina Grimmie

Speaking to Billboard for her cover story, Meghan Trainor revealed that after the tragic murder of Christina Grimmie, she heavily considered putting the kibosh on any future meet and greets with fans at her shows.

Trainor shared that she feared for her safety in light of the June 10 shooting in which The Voice contestant was shot dead while meeting with fans after her show in Orlando. Initially, she told her team that she didn’t feel comfortable interacting with the public while on tour due to the lingering threat of coming into contact with a potentially violent fan.
    “I was like, ‘Guys I can’t do this anymore.’ Because of [Christina],” she said.

Fortunately for her devoted Megatrons, the pop star changed her mind about not meeting with fans on-on-one.

“Last show I did in Buffalo, I went out after,” the “Me Too” singer revealed. “It kind of slowed down and everyone was leaving. I went out and said hi to some fans. My heart was beating and I was like, ‘You got this, you’re okay.’ And I saw my team circled around us subtly. I was like, ‘There’s my manager, there’s my security, there’s my brother, and there’s my assistant, and they’re all protecting me.’ And I was like, ‘We can do this.’ And we did it until the last person left… I love those moments. But it was scary.”

Trainor also told Billboard that it wasn’t only the dangerous implications of Grimmie’s death that upset her, but also the loss of someone she looked up to before she found fame.

“I knew of her really well. In high school I would always follow her YouTube page,” she explained. “And I commented in high school, and she commented back, and I was like, ‘Mom! A celebrity commented on my page!’ I was freaking out. I was stoked.”
    Years later, the pop star and the YouTube phenom finally met, something that Trainor recalls fondly.

“I met her at some radio show I did like my first year. And I was like, ‘Dude, I followed your YouTube and you commented!’ She was like, ‘What? You know who I am?’ She was so sweet.”
    Trainor is but one of countless stars who mourned the death of Grimmie. Music artists like Adam Levine, Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez were just a few who spoke up about the young singer-songwriter after news of her murder shook the industry back in June.

http://popcrush.com/meghan-trainor-fan- ... mie-death/
    Whitney Houston

by » Sat July 23rd, 2016, 23:08

Christina Grimmie's Autopsy Report Concludes Singer Died From Gunshot Wounds to the Head and Chest

The autopsy report for Christina Grimmie has been completed.

The documents, obtained by E! News, state that the 22-year-old singer's cause of death was "gunshot wounds of head and chest" and the manner of death was a homicide. The report also reaffirms that Grimmie's brother, Marcus, who was present at the time of the shooting, was the one to identify her body.

"In consideration of the circumstances surrounding the death, and after examination of the body, toxicology analysis, and review of the available medical records," the conclusion of the report began to state, "it is my opinion that the death of Christina Grimmie, a 22-year-old white female witnessed to have been shot by another and subsequently transported to the hospital, is the result of a gunshot wounds of the head and chest. The manner of death is homicide."
    http://www.eonline.com/news/782109/chri ... -and-chest
    Whitney Houston

by » Tue July 26th, 2016, 16:06

Four Posthumous Christina Grimmie Music Videos on the Way

Christina Grimmie's camp has announced plans to release four posthumous music videos celebrating her life. The singer was tragically shot and killed during a meet-and-greet in Orlando in June. Her legacy will live on.

According to her former manager, Brian Teefy, Grimmie recorded footage in February before embarking on Rachel Platten's Wildfire Tour. The footage, which included six hours of choreography, will be molded into a video for each song on her Side A EP: "Snow White," "Anybody's You," "Deception" and "Without Him."

The videos will premiere from Aug. 11 to Sept. 1 on Billboard.com. Teefy gave the schedule in a tweet from Grimmie's Twitter account:

Teefy also encouraged people to tweet #ChristinaGrimmie to keep her memory alive.

http://www.fuse.tv/2016/07/christina-gr ... posthumous
    Whitney Houston

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

by » Tue July 26th, 2016, 18:00

I wonder are her folks gonna release an album for her? Wasn't she working on one?

Still this is very saddening.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

by » Tue July 26th, 2016, 18:01

Quote Originally Posted by ThaInfo1
    I wonder are her folks gonna release an album for her? Wasn't she working on one?

Still this is very saddening.

From what I have heard she was going to release an album in 2016, but I do not how many songs were recorded etc

May She Rest[*]
    Whitney Houston

by » Thu August 11th, 2016, 19:59

her family released the first video:

Here is the description:

The story follows a young girls journey into self-discovery through her love life, her womanhood and her music. "Jessica" is at a crossroads in her life. She becomes suspicious of her boyfriend and is gripped by insecurities only to realize that she is doing more damaged to her own heart and future than any relationship ever could. Jessica has an upcoming showcase where she hopes to prove to herself and others that her music is as strong as her desire to be great. With the showcase days away she can't seem to put together her set or her songs. Jessica is torn between boyfriend issues, her creative issues and a general feeling of self-doubt. She confides in the people closest to her and they all give her words of wisdom along her path of self-discovery. Her beloved grandmother reminds her that all the security, strength and love she needs is in that powerful voice on the other side of her heart. Jessica finds her path by doing what she loves. She sings from her heart.

by » Fri August 12th, 2016, 08:56

^ It is beautiful, thanks for posting.
    Whitney Houston

by » Fri August 12th, 2016, 10:18

Quote Originally Posted by Nippian93
    ^ It is beautiful, thanks for posting.
    You are welcome! It is sad to watch this but I'm glad there is still Christina's work left to be shared. She also had one of the leading roles in the romantic comedy The Matchbreaker, but there is no release date yet according to Imdb.

I like her EP, her songs are more mature. The only thing I don't like is the use of auto-tune at times - she never needed that, I know ahe could sing all that without it.

by » Fri August 12th, 2016, 11:02

She was going to release an album in 2016, I hope it will happen, and can't wait for another video.

Here are the titles and the dates

Whitney Houston

Legend
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

by » Sat August 13th, 2016, 08:05

Wow, i had no idea she shot a video for all songs. "Snow White" is my most favorite song of her, video is quite good for this!

Also would love to get an album by her. Her discography is way too small, she had so much talent

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Sat August 13th, 2016, 15:26

She only had one proper studio album and an EP.