User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 176 to 196 of 196

Thread: The Lion King (2019)

  1. #176
    abi's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    27 Dec 2007
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    33,992
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed April 17th, 2019, 09:31

    Quote Originally Posted by menime123 View Post
    Scar doesn’t look right. He just looks like a normal lion. Where’s his black mane?
    Yeah especially that dark-maned lion actually exists in the wild.

    Anyway, I'm just happy that they increased the color saturation so that it doesn't look like a National Geographic documentary anymore.

  2. #177
    BeeBoy's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    26 Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,264
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed April 17th, 2019, 09:35

    Yes that's a fact which annoys me as well. Even with a darker mane it would've been realistic. It didn't even have to look like a wig like in the animation

  3. #178
    Loveguru's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    26 Mar 2009
    Posts
    18,148
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed April 17th, 2019, 09:51

    whinge whinge whinge

    Lion king the music is like a cash cow that is milked every 3 years in most regions.


    This movie will be fine
    Forever Young

  4. #179
    menime123's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    01 May 2005
    Posts
    17,939
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed April 17th, 2019, 11:58

    Quote Originally Posted by GetBack View Post
    The problem with Disney remakes is that almost everything was done too soon. I mean, it's not like the case of A Star Is Born, where the remakes are done in different generations. There is a different appreciation for each version.
    Cinderella is was done 65 years after the animation. Dumbo is 78 years later. Pete’s Dragon was 39 years later, Maleficent was 55 years later. Even Aladdin, Lion King and Beauty and The Beast are roughly 25 years after the initial movies.

    In comparison, A Star Is Born has 3 remakes, with the first two roughly 20 years after the previous version. Only the recent Gaga version had the longest gap, and that’s because of issues getting it off the ground a decade earlier, and partly because the Streisand version was hugely successful.

  5. #180
    LittleLinda's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    25 Sep 2008
    Location
    Bavarian Exile, Germany
    Posts
    4,070
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri April 19th, 2019, 12:46

    Quote Originally Posted by menime123 View Post
    Cinderella is was done 65 years after the animation. Dumbo is 78 years later. Pete’s Dragon was 39 years later, Maleficent was 55 years later. Even Aladdin, Lion King and Beauty and The Beast are roughly 25 years after the initial movies.

    In comparison, A Star Is Born has 3 remakes, with the first two roughly 20 years after the previous version. Only the recent Gaga version had the longest gap, and that’s because of issues getting it off the ground a decade earlier, and partly because the Streisand version was hugely successful.
    Took the words out of my mouth... I'm sure one can find a LOT of faults with the Disney remakes, but saying they have been done "too soon" makes no sense.

  6. #181
    GetBack's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2010
    Location
    Netflix
    Posts
    31,808
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri April 19th, 2019, 13:06

    Quote Originally Posted by menime123 View Post
    Cinderella is was done 65 years after the animation. Dumbo is 78 years later. Pete’s Dragon was 39 years later, Maleficent was 55 years later. Even Aladdin, Lion King and Beauty and The Beast are roughly 25 years after the initial movies.

    In comparison, A Star Is Born has 3 remakes, with the first two roughly 20 years after the previous version. Only the recent Gaga version had the longest gap, and that’s because of issues getting it off the ground a decade earlier, and partly because the Streisand version was hugely successful.
    I meant to say that almost all the "live-action" remakes came out at the same time. I mean, why can't Disney just continue to come out with new stories on film? They're doing amazing with all the new Disney classics like Coco, Moana, and Frozen, they could just create new ones rather than try to resurrect the old classics.

  7. #182
    LittleLinda's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    25 Sep 2008
    Location
    Bavarian Exile, Germany
    Posts
    4,070
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri April 19th, 2019, 13:29

    Quote Originally Posted by GetBack View Post
    I meant to say that almost all the "live-action" remakes came out at the same time. I mean, why can't Disney just continue to come out with new stories on film? They're doing amazing with all the new Disney classics like Coco, Moana, and Frozen, they could just create new ones rather than try to resurrect the old classics.
    Well, that's not what you wrote. And they ARE doing new stories aside from the remakes. If you look at the entire history of their "original" animated movies, there's always been at least 1-2 year gaps inbetween. Most recently we had Zootopia and Moana (2016), then "Ralph breaks the internet" (2018) and this year we'll get "Toy Story 4" and "Frozen 2" - granted, those are sequels, but I'm pretty sure 2020 will bring something brandnew again.

    Yes, we are currently being flooded with "live-action" remakes of their classics, but I'm not sure what leads you to think that they stopped doing original stuff in parallel.

  8. #183

  9. #184

  10. #185
    GetBack's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2010
    Location
    Netflix
    Posts
    31,808
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri April 26th, 2019, 07:45

    Wrong move that they're hyping the A-list voice talents, really? Kids don't even care about that.

    It should be about the movie. I hope they do all the songs justice. I wonder how they will top Timon and Pumbaa and that "Circle of Life" scene.

  11. #186
    BeeBoy's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    26 Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,264
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri April 26th, 2019, 07:51

    Kids don't read Entertainment Weekly either..

  12. #187
    KEY9481's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    11 Aug 2014
    Posts
    5,481
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri April 26th, 2019, 08:54

    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Kids don't read Entertainment Weekly either..
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

  13. #188
    GetBack's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2010
    Location
    Netflix
    Posts
    31,808
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri April 26th, 2019, 12:51

    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Kids don't read Entertainment Weekly either..
    Do you even get the point? The hyping of the A-list cast is not only in Entertainment Weekly. Have you seen how the roll out for this is like? They are making it to be like the animated version of Black Panther with a 'stellar' cast, etc. They are obviously invested in winning back the ones who watched this 20 years ago rather than appeal to kids today, which was the real focus of making Disney films.
    Last edited by GetBack; Fri April 26th, 2019 at 13:34.

  14. #189
    LittleLinda's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    25 Sep 2008
    Location
    Bavarian Exile, Germany
    Posts
    4,070
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat April 27th, 2019, 18:55

    Quote Originally Posted by GetBack View Post
    Do you even get the point? The hyping of the A-list cast is not only in Entertainment Weekly. Have you seen how the roll out for this is like? They are making it to be like the animated version of Black Panther with a 'stellar' cast, etc. They are obviously invested in winning back the ones who watched this 20 years ago rather than appeal to kids today, which was the real focus of making Disney films.
    Disney movies have always been targeted to the whole family, not just the kids. This is the remake of a beloved classic... what exactly do you expect them to focus on, if not the cast and the visuals? Everything else is already well known.
    I really don't get the Black Panther comparison, either. So random.

  15. #190
    KEY9481's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    11 Aug 2014
    Posts
    5,481
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat April 27th, 2019, 20:45

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLinda View Post
    Disney movies have always been targeted to the whole family, not just the kids. This is the remake of a beloved classic... what exactly do you expect them to focus on, if not the cast and the visuals? Everything else is already well known.
    I really don't get the Black Panther comparison, either. So random.
    The comparison comes from the main cast being black, you know...GetBack and the issue of black people...
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

  16. #191
    BeeBoy's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    26 Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,264
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sat April 27th, 2019, 21:05

    Funny thing also is, that he quotes me to say "How do you know if I read it as a kid?" when I got my notification, just to edit his post to this mess a good 45 minutes later

  17. #192
    menime123's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    01 May 2005
    Posts
    17,939
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sun April 28th, 2019, 09:03

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLinda View Post
    Well, that's not what you wrote. And they ARE doing new stories aside from the remakes. If you look at the entire history of their "original" animated movies, there's always been at least 1-2 year gaps inbetween. Most recently we had Zootopia and Moana (2016), then "Ralph breaks the internet" (2018) and this year we'll get "Toy Story 4" and "Frozen 2" - granted, those are sequels, but I'm pretty sure 2020 will bring something brandnew again.

    Yes, we are currently being flooded with "live-action" remakes of their classics, but I'm not sure what leads you to think that they stopped doing original stuff in parallel.
    Toy Story 4 is a Pixar release, not part of the same Disney canon. I know Disney own and distribute Pixar productions, but Toy Story and Coco are technically from a different studio to Frozen and Moana (which are part of the Disney Animated Studios). A distinction many never make but a slightly annoyance of mine

  18. #193
    Goldmoney's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    01 Aug 2009
    Location
    aRatchet’s Hole
    Posts
    21,185
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue April 30th, 2019, 01:19

    I’d like to see the remake top this:
    Quote Originally Posted by SawyerHewitt
    The raw emotion Kween conveys when belting out WBT's climax>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    A MOMENT IN MUSIC HISTORY.

  19. #194

  20. #195
    GetBack's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2010
    Location
    Netflix
    Posts
    31,808
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sun May 5th, 2019, 03:26

    Hope this becomes a hit. The new trailer is critically panned since the new voice actors didn't meet the expectations of the original fans. Chiwetel is getting bashed and scrutinized for being a weak Scar just like how Will Smith is being treated for his weak Genie portrayal.

  21. #196
    GetBack's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2010
    Location
    Netflix
    Posts
    31,808
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Sun May 5th, 2019, 03:54

    Hope this becomes a hit. The new trailer is critically panned since the new voice actors didn't meet the expectations of the original fans. Chiwetel is getting bashed and scrutinized for being a weak Scar just like how Will Smith is being treated for his weak Genie portrayal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •