Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruno Mars - 24K Magic [album]

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-10-17, 19:25

Can we expect a 4th single soon? I feel like 'Versace' kind of killed the momentum.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-10-17, 20:57

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin
    Can we expect a 4th single soon? I feel like 'Versace' kind of killed the momentum.
    Yes, but nothing has been announced I don't understand what they are waiting for
    As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 19-10-17, 16:07

CBS Morning aired interview with Bruno today. It seems TV special promo is starting.

"CBS This Morning" co-host Gayle King recently caught up with Mars after attending his "24 Karat Magic" tour to learn more about some of his magic.
    Full footage https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 1130043107

Legend
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 19-10-17, 17:25

With this promo lately a single would rise easily, oh well they will very likely release it on October 31 for adds :-?
    As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 19-10-17, 17:48

*rooting for "Finesse" to be released as a single*

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 20-10-17, 09:36

CBS This Morning uploaded it to their YT channel

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 21-10-17, 20:12

Grammy Submissions

24K Magic – ROY, Video
    That’s What I Like – SOY, R&B Perf, R&B Song, Video
    24K Magic – AOY, R&B Album

Honestly? Meh.

-24k in ROTY... Really?!
    -He's so not getting nom for Video since he was stupid enough to send both.
    -Lack of Pop Solo submission

It's like he wants to end empty-handed. #disappointed.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-10-17, 09:54

I know I am going to be attacked for saying this but I don't think that he deserves many Grammys for this album, I just feel it could have been a better album with all the time he took to make it. I will be more than happy if he can win one Grammy but I am not expecting a lot of nominations. That's what I like deserves a Grammy.
    Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-10-17, 11:13

Quote Originally Posted by Madelinefs
    Grammy Submissions

24K Magic – ROY, Video
    That’s What I Like – SOY, R&B Perf, R&B Song, Video
    24K Magic – AOY, R&B Album

Honestly? Meh.

-24k in ROTY... Really?!
    -He's so not getting nom for Video since he was stupid enough to send both.
    -Lack of Pop Solo submission

It's like he wants to end empty-handed. #disappointed.
    WTF??

He was likely not to get the award anyway, but yes stupid move sending both videos. TWIL for SOY and not for ROTY? WTF are they doing?? At least the R&B nominations., yes huge miss at least the submission he could easily get a nomination in the pop solo category, sure he was not going to win. I guess it's a good strategy not to split the votes, but ffs send TWIL for its deserving ROTY nomination, even the Weekend submitted "Die Fo You" for pop.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-10-17, 11:13

Quote Originally Posted by lia
    I know I am going to be attacked for saying this but I don't think that he deserves many Grammys for this album, I just feel it could have been a better album with all the time he took to make it. I will be more than happy if he can win one Grammy but I am not expecting a lot of nominations. That's what I like deserves a Grammy.
    He might take two in the R&B categories that will be it, he could have more nominations but 100% sure he won't get any major awards

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-10-17, 11:16

Quote Originally Posted by lia
    Lmao. Take several seats.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 22-10-17, 11:39

TWIL (2 millions views per day) and JTWYA (half a million views per day) will cross the 1 billion mark anytime soon

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 23-10-17, 11:16

I think the submissions are pretty fine, aside that he should've submitted "Versace" to Traditional R&B. But other than that, I think it's fine. Submitting something to Pop would be a waste since we all know Ed will win that anyway.

And I think they made the right decision for the SOTY & ROTY submissions. They usually give SOTY to Billboard Hot 100 number one hits so "That's What I Like" it is.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 23-10-17, 11:33

Quote Originally Posted by abi
    I think the submissions are pretty fine, aside that he should've submitted "Versace" to Traditional R&B. But other than that, I think it's fine. Submitting something to Pop would be a waste since we all know Ed will win that anyway.

And I think they made the right decision for the SOTY & ROTY submissions. They usually give SOTY to Billboard Hot 100 number one hits so "That's What I Like" it is.
    That's not true, it's more the other way around, let's look at the past three years.
    SOTY: Hello (#1 Hot 100), Thinking Out Loud, (#2 Hot 100), Stay With Me (#2 Hot 100)
    ROTY: Hello (#1 Hot 100), UF (#1 Hot 100), Stay With Me (#2 Hot 100)

Even with these examples nothing is guaranteed, but I will tell you something they usually give the SOTY award to the song with fewer writers. : wink:

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 23-10-17, 17:27

I think Adele can't be used as an example of anything. I know she was the big winner last year but she's always was and probably always will be the exeption.

At first Mars submissions took me by surprise but now they make much more sense now.

Sending several vids to VOTY is apparently more common that I've originally thought for ex Ed sent Shape Of You & Castle On The Hill. But it doesn't matter since Swift is likely taking it with her mediocrity.

I've been lurking in forums where Grammy voters hang out.
    While Bruno's submissions seemed obvious to them the fact that he didn't sent anything to Pop Solo not only took them by surprise but won him credibility points. VOTF in Traditional Rnb perf could be too much too early especially since he submitted TWIL where possible and VOTF wasn'i exactly a hit.

Btw they're predicting Shape of You will follow UF! fate in SOTY due to the controveries, lost cases and added songrwiters bc of it.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 23-10-17, 20:37

It can be used because was I discussing #1 hits. Some people are speculating that Mars didn't submit to pop has in order to not steal votes from Sheeran, since they both belong to Atlantic Records. I strongly believe them, plus it gives him more credibility just like you said. It's not like all the nominations for best traditional R&B performance are hits .

I find that quite weird it slims his chances unless he has a superb video of course. Pop Solo is 100% guaranteed for ED, but a nom wouldn't hurt. It wasn't an objection for "Stay With Me", I don't think Sheeran will win SOTY but let me see the noms and I will take a closer look, snce right now there are like 300

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-10-17, 08:35

I honestly think that the determing factor of his submission was the fact that he recorded an rnb album. It's not like he's the underdog. His history at the Grammys is more impressive that Sheeran's (21noms & 5wins vs 9noms & 2wins).
    But the fact than Brunz had enough balls to submit 24k where it actually belongs makes me even more excited for his future. Now I can totally see him sumbitting wherever his material calls for. My gut feeling tells me Rock might be next in the line.
    WHY? The fact that Gorilla made a comeback in his setlist may suggest it's the sound that he's currently missing. Looking back at his previous tour setlists were givin a lot of clues...

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-10-17, 11:38

Quote Originally Posted by Madelinefs
    My gut feeling tells me Rock might be next in the line.
    WHY? The fact that Gorilla made a comeback in his setlist may suggest it's the sound that he's currently missing. Looking back at his previous tour setlists were givin a lot of clues...
    Something like Prince's album Purple Rain, MJ's Beat It, Dirty Diana, Lenny Kravitz fly away, beleive, again... hisentire discography . Yes I would love a pop rock album, pure pop-rock Best Rock album, rock song, and rock performance

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-10-17, 13:21

I don't care what he sounds like next, I just hope him and his label figure out a way to make it more global and WW, this era happened only in US. Which is a good thing, but when you think about it, bubblegum artists liker JB and Ed make it WW easily and so should Bruno.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-10-17, 13:43

Quote Originally Posted by BruceKicksAss84
    I don't care what he sounds like next, I just hope him and his label figure out a way to make it more global and WW, this era happened only in US. Which is a good thing, but when you think about it, bubblegum artists liker JB and Ed make it WW easily and so should Bruno.
    True, despite 24K Magic (single) was noticed WW, but yeah I guess RnB doesn't have the impact it used to have. :-?

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-10-17, 19:07

^I have to disagree with BruceKicksAss84's statement that this album only happened in the US because it is actually really huge in Asia. The singles are just as big as Ed's/J Bieb's recent singles and I believe it's doing decent in Australia as well. The only place where the album underperformed is the Europe, sadly. Which is weird to be honest, because even though the whole sound is R&B - it's not like it's very traditional R&B or neo-Soul or something like that, it's still very catchy and it appeals to Pop audience.

To be honest, I just hope he continues making music that he truly likes. Doesn't matter if it's gonna be either local or global (I mean, global is better of course), I'm just here for good music.

Legend
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-10-17, 19:54

The thing is these days though that chartperformance and even certifications don't tell the whole story anymore. True someone like Ed Sheeran or Bieber has it all, also in the charts. But I think touring and overall cultural impact, where the latter is even hard to measure, can be much bigger and impactful than the good old chart #1. I just saw that That's What I Like was a cute top 20 hit here in my country, but I heard it so much on radio, saw it so much on TV and saw crowds going crazy for it before concerts of other artists started, that I am almost certain that loads of people can sing or singalong to the song in a split second. I think the urban/R&B/Hip-Hop scene has a lot more impact than what traditional systems show us.

I totally get that people say this album may not have 'happened' globally in some departments, but the picture is much bigger than that.

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-10-17, 20:05

That's kinda true. R&B & Hip-Hop songs tend to peak quite low on the charts and you'll never realize how popular those songs are until you hear people sing along at a concert. Kinda remind me of when the crowd went off during "Drunk In Love" at a Drake's concert in France while in reality the song 'only' peaked at #9 on their chart and stayed in the top 10 for a week.

And I feel like it's almost the same with "Versace On The Floor" as well. The song was/is quite popular for a 33-peaking single in the US.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 25-10-17, 13:05

It will be awesome if he goes rock with his next album, because I am sick of this dance funk sound that he is doing right now, I want a modern sound for his next album, and a little bit depth not just songs about sex. I don't want anything political, but just a few meaningful songs even if they still were about love.
    Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.