Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • Light Alcohol (beer, cider etc)

37 16.09%
  • Moderate Alcohol (wine etc)

35 15.22%
  • Heavy Alcohol (spirits)

36 15.65%
  • Soft Drugs (e.g. Class C drugs like ketamine, steroids)

13 5.65%
  • Moderate Drugs (e.g. Class B drugs like amphetamines, cannabis)

19 8.26%
  • Hard Drugs (e.g. Class A drugs like cocaine, heroin)

14 6.09%
  • Caffeine

39 16.96%
  • Nicotine

24 10.43%
  • None, I'm Mary Poppers

13 5.65%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Which drugs/alcohol have you taken?

Legend
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

by Tue April 2nd, 2019, 08:06

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    I stopped smoking 4 years ago. I drink coffee several times a week, so there's that. Tried every alcohol category, skipped the class c drugs and went straight to cannabis. I tried Ecstasy once. Wouldn't try anything harder. I would like to try mushrooms one day, but mostly not about that life tbh. Nowadays I only drink Alkohol every other week with friends/family. Try to stay healthy
    Let's do shrooms together. Really the only thing that I want to try still. I'll skip all the heavy shit, I'm done (rarely) smoking socially and honestly weed is not for me either.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Manager
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

by Wed April 3rd, 2019, 10:38

Quote Originally Posted by DnBLover View Post
    Let's do shrooms together. Really the only thing that I want to try still. I'll skip all the heavy shit, I'm done (rarely) smoking socially and honestly weed is not for me either.
    What's keeping me from trying them is that I've heard tons of scary stories of trips and people thinking they went crazy It's proabably something to try at home first

Legend
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

by Wed April 3rd, 2019, 10:49

^ There are different kind of mushrooms. If you want to try them out, you can try the 'easy ones' first.

For example, in Amsterdam they're also selling mushrooms legally. The seller can easily give you an advice which ones you could try out.

I tried them out I think three times so far and it was fun. One time we stayed in the hotel room and it was so cool, the only negative effect was that the effect held veeery long (compared to smoking weed for example)... I think I ate them at around 2-3 pm and was still high at 1-2am.
    But it was also so freaking cool to walk around being 'on mushrooms'. Like going to an art museum was one of the best things ever, all those colors, pictures, art... you really feel all of that.

So yeah, can't believe I'm saying it but I'd recommend trying this out at least once. It's cool. But don't do it alone and if you're worried about it, try it out when you're at home - you could still go out afterwards when you feel like it's ok.

Legend
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)

by Wed April 3rd, 2019, 10:52

I have no interest in drugs with a class (A, B, C) - I've never tried anything, and don't intend on trying anything.

I have tried heavy alcohol (spirits) - don't like the smell of lager/cider so never tried it and aside from the odd sip of wine, I've never tried that either. I haven't consumed any alcohol since August 2018 and don't intend doing so anytime soon but I have a weakness for caffeine.

Legend
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

by Wed April 3rd, 2019, 11:03

I'm not a massive fan of wine or beer so I stick to the spirits, but I only drink once a week or once every two week and am generally very controlled. I'll occasionally have a cider in the summer but I always feel bloated afterwards.

Drug-wise - weirdly I've never done weed, but done coke, ecstasy and meth.

Legend
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

by Wed April 3rd, 2019, 13:32

What I don't understand is how weed is class B but steroids and ketamine are C. Like wth...

Legend
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)

by Wed April 3rd, 2019, 13:42

Under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, it is an offence:

* to unlawfully possess a controlled drug
    * to possess a controlled drug with intent to supply it
    * to unlawfully supply (sell/give/share) a controlled drug
    * to allow premises you occupy or manage to be used for the smoking or use of drugs

Class Drug Possession Supply & Production
    A Crack cocaine, cocaine, ecstasy (MDMA), heroin, LSD, magic mushrooms, methadone, methamphetamine (crystal meth) Up to 7 years in prison, an unlimited fine or both Up to life in prison, an unlimited fine or both
    B Amphetamines, barbiturates, cannabis, codeine, methylphenidate (Ritalin), synthetic cannabinoids, synthetic cathinones (e.g. mephedrone, methoxetamine), ketamine Up to 5 years in prison, an unlimited fine or both Up to 14 years in prison, an unlimited fine or both
    C Anabolic steroids, benzodiazepines (diazepam), gamma hydroxybutyrate (GHB), gamma-butyrolactone (GBL), piperazines (BZP), khat Up to 2 years in prison, an unlimited fine or both Up to 14 years in prison, an unlimited fine or both

I get why steroids are Class C (because they can be sold in a regulated environment, often by doctor's prescription) whereas Ketamin isn't really sold outside of a medical environment as far as I understand (and besides, it's Class B).

Legend
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

by Wed April 3rd, 2019, 15:52

Cannabis is also prescribed for medical purposes. And comparing it to amphetamines is ludicrous. By for some reason in the US it's better to consume heroin than weed.

Legend
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)

by Wed April 3rd, 2019, 16:11

Quote Originally Posted by DnBLover View Post
    Cannabis is also prescribed for medical purposes. And comparing it to amphetamines is ludicrous. By for some reason in the US it's better to consume heroin than weed.
    It would be highly unusual for cannabis to prescribed in the UK (where those medical classifications are determined) - as the NHS website confirms, a cannabis based medicine (not the green stuff you smoke) would only be prescribed for the most serious and debilitating forms of epilepsy or chemotherapy treatment.

Cannabis has the classification it does due to the amount of crime it drives in the UK, it's not necessarily as a consequence of a direct comparison to amphetamines - the Misuse of Drugs Act is about police prosecution and the powers the police and criminal justice system has when prosecuting offenders. In 2014, 67% of all UK police drug offences related to cannabis.

Now, declassification is a whole other debate - I'm not a fan of the stuff, the impact it has on other people that I've seen is overwhelmingly negative and it's a plight on society as far as I'm concerned. But equally, I'm not opposed to cannabis based medicines being prescribed if the medical need arises.

Legend
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)

by Wed April 3rd, 2019, 23:28

Crimes caused by Cannabis? What kind?

I find it hard to believe. I only tie stuff like stealing etc to the most addictive drugs like heroin or meth, not the “lighter” stuff

Legend
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

by Wed August 7th, 2019, 03:06

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Crimes caused by Cannabis? What kind?
    Not proud of it, but I once got in my parents' mercedes and landed in some field when I was barely 17.

I blame the education system tbh. They shouldn't teach you not to get high and call it a day, they should teach you what not to do when you're high. I had no idea and I was lucky that no one got hurt and that I had friends who towed me back on the street without calling the police or my parents. I probably still wouldn't have a license.

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Legend
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)

by Wed August 7th, 2019, 07:18

Quote Originally Posted by Rihab View Post
    Not proud of it, but I once got in my parents' mercedes and landed in some field when I was barely 17.

I blame the education system tbh. They shouldn't teach you not to get high and call it a day, they should teach you what not to do when you're high. I had no idea and I was lucky that no one got hurt and that I had friends who towed me back on the street without calling the police or my parents. I probably still wouldn't have a license.
    Omg not something I’d think of doing on weed as I can hardly get out of bed, let alone in a car

I agree about drug education, harm reduction should be taught more

Legend
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

by Wed August 7th, 2019, 22:07

Quote Originally Posted by Rihab View Post

Really? Thanks to education I've never been high. I think it's good we know about the dangers. This way you can make the choice whether to use it or not.
    My Instagram... - Click here

by Wed August 7th, 2019, 22:17

How people go through life without having been high on something at least once is a mystery to me ..