X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpguy
    Legend
    • 12 Oct 2007

BTS

South Korea's greatest musical export of 2015 onwards.
    * Highest charting album in the Billboard 200 ever - #7 -LOVE YOURSELF
    * Highest sales off an album in debut week in the USA
    * First KPOP Album to chart in the UK
    * Winners of ARTIST OF THE YEAR at the MAMA AWARDS (one of Asia's biggest music events)

In the photo (in order)
    * V
    * Jin
    * J-Hope
    * Suga
    * Jimin
    * Jung Kook
    * RM

They came up from a very small entertainment company in Korea (not your typical JYP, SM, YG artist) and bit by bit escalated through the charts until this year when they finally settled for a very influential space in KPOP -
    The song "Blood Sweat and Tears" has become the most succesful KPOP release of the year globally perhaps and is a huge KPOP Converter.
    On 2017 they won a billboard Music Award and performed at the AMAs.
  • aang
    • 27 Dec 2007

^I think "Dope" was even a bigger K-Pop converter. The dancing in the video is just such a spectacle.

I'm wishing all the best for them. Hoping their next album would enter Billboard top 10 whenever it is. Also, I do hope they bring back their old R&B and Hip-Hop sound as well for the next record.

Comment

• Preyoncé
      Legend
      • 14 Feb 2006

I just streamed a few stuff off Wings off iTunes. Wow!!!
      Seriously great production actually. Better than some or most of these American artists.
      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• aang
        • 27 Dec 2007

Originally posted by Guru
        I just streamed a few stuff off Wings off iTunes. Wow!!!
        Seriously great production actually. Better than some or most of these American artists.
        In term of production K-Pop has definitely grown a lot in the past couple of years. There was the time during like 2008-2010 when K-Pop sounded VERY dated (and basic) that you could easily tell the difference between K-Pop and American music (beside the language of course) but for the past couple of months/years I feel like the production has developed A LOT that you can't barely tell the difference between K-Pop and Western Pop if you take away the lyrics even though you can't deny the fact that K-Pop was inspired a lot by American Pop.

For me, "Blood Sweat & Tears" sounds like a classier, more sensual version of some Major Lazer/The Chainsmoker songs. And we have DEAN whose songs could easily pass off as Bryson Tiller/Miguel records and "Bae Bae" from BIGBANG, a trap/R&B song with Country-ish beat/melody in the chorus. Who would've thought?

Comment

• joiPrince_JO
          Legend
          • 31 Mar 2011

For me part of why I like K-Pop is because it sounded different from Western music. 2008-2011 were the golden years of K-Pop. Wonder Girls, KARA, T-Ara, SNSD of course... so many memories.
          ? Girls' Generation ?
          ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

• jpguy
            Legend
            • 12 Oct 2007

IMO - Both TMBTIL and Wings are the best album in Kpop of the year for sure. simply amazing

Comment

• jpguy
              Legend
              • 12 Oct 2007

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
              For me part of why I like K-Pop is because it sounded different from Western music. 2008-2011 were the golden years of K-Pop. Wonder Girls, KARA, T-Ara, SNSD of course... so many memories.
              I think IOI still sound like 08-11 kpop. Also the sound of Twice is definitely Kpop. But in terms of production and overall image of Kpop acts I think 2016 has seen an obvious change in generational sounds. 2017 will see the year where these acts will do their thing as when GG. 2ne1. Super Junior. Kara did their thing back in the day. I'm actually excited for BTS cause they are massive these days.

Comment

• aang
                • 27 Dec 2007

Yeah there are still acts that still keep the classic K-Pop sound like TWICE, IOI, SNSD, GFriend, SISTAR, Seventeen, etc while acts like BTS, BIGBANG, Wonder Girls, BLACKPINK, Taeyeon, Hyuna, etc have definitely become more Westernized. Even EXO is starting to adopt more Urban sound to feel edgier.

Comment

• jpguy
                  Legend
                  • 12 Oct 2007

Kookie (Jung Kook) released a part of his own version of WE DON'T TALK ANYMORE guys and it's amazing.
                  Charlie Puth liked it on Twitter !

Comment

• jpguy
                    Legend
                    • 12 Oct 2007

Who is your BIAS ?? (favourite member) guys?

Comment

• aang
                      • 27 Dec 2007

Urgh I hate the word 'bias' in K-Pop don't know why.

My favorite member I have to say Jungkook, followed by Jimin, then probably Suga. I feel like even though Jungkook might not be an outstanding singer or the best dancer, but he definitely has the complete package. Jimin is a great dancer but his singing is kinda awful.

You?

Comment

• joiPrince_JO
                        Legend
                        • 31 Mar 2011

I'm not sure that I have a bias. I think Jimin is very attractive and charismatic, so probably him.

I can't believe that Jungkook is only 19. In the past all my favorite (group) members were older than me - now I'm older than them. Scary.
                        ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

• jpguy
                          Legend
                          • 12 Oct 2007

Totally true!!! Or they were around your age now we're looking at SuJu / Shinee like veterans and BTS like the "new kids on the block" ... lol .
                          I personally don't have a bias just YET cause I'm moving towards either V or Jin but I feel like Jin's not given that much spotlight just yet - Kookie and Jimin are always in the center of the videos and doing the chorus! ... I think I love Jin cause he's the oldest and doesn't make me feel like pedophile

@ABI : Even funnier when Kpop fans call themselves "trash" as in ... I'M A BTS TRASH, I'M A GG TRASH

Comment

• Ruthymon
                            Superstar
                            • 22 Feb 2005

My favorite is Rap Monster; l love me some deep voices....

Comment

• jpguy
                              Legend
                              • 12 Oct 2007

Originally posted by Ruthymon
                              My favorite is Rap Monster; l love me some deep voices....
                              + he's extremely talented! he produces his own music. Have you heard his solo track in WINGS ? "REFLECTION" - It's so good + lyrics are on point!!!

Comment

• Nippian93
                                Legend
                                • 11 Jan 2016

BTS Are Ready to Fight in Fierce ‘Not Today’ Video: Watch

BTS have unleashed another huge dance track.

On February 20, the superstar South Korean boy band dropped the video for “Not Today,” their stomping electro-rap banger off their WINGS: You Never Walk Alone album, released February 13.

“Not Today” is one of the four tracks on You Never Walk Alone, which also includes “Spring Day,” “Outro: Wings,” and “A Supplementary Story: You Never Walk Alone.”
                                Watch the hard-hitting video, below
                                http://popcrush.com/bts-not-today-music ... ngs-watch/

Comment

• Nippian93
                                  Legend
                                  • 11 Jan 2016

[youtube:1p4kdbla]9DwzBICPhdM[/youtube:1p4kdbla]

Comment

• zedderond
                                    • 13 Sep 2015

Choreo is always on point with them

Comment

• jpguy
                                      Legend
                                      • 12 Oct 2007

What do you guys think of the Jin neglecting behaviour ? it's a trending topic on Twitter and some outlets digged in with the fact that he only had 2 seconds of screening time for himself

Comment

• joiPrince_JO
                                        Legend
                                        • 31 Mar 2011

Originally posted by jpguy
                                        What do you guys think of the Jin neglecting behaviour ? it's a trending topic on Twitter and some outlets digged in with the fact that he only had 2 seconds of screening time for himself
                                        I think it's unbelievable. My SNSD bias is Hyoyeon so I know a little about certain people not getting enough lines/screen time, but she always got more than 2 seconds - and SNSD has more members. I read somewhere that BTS splits the lines among themselves - is that true? Anyway, he should have gotten more screen time. Isn't he the visual?
                                        ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

Working...