Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Céline Dion 2017 Tour (Scotland - 05th Aug - last show!)

Roadie
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Mon July 24th, 2017, 18:55

Rehearsals for the second show in Berlin. <3

Legend
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)

by » Mon July 24th, 2017, 20:24

Both German dates are apparently sell-outs, our very own lundpop has attended and is currently giving a running commentary on Facebook.

What a huge tour this has been.

Legend
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)

by » Tue July 25th, 2017, 06:20

"Pepe was described as her “boy toy” and “hunk of arm candy” in Canadian newspapers — but I learned that last night (July 23) when Celine jetted in from Paris to perform a concert in Berlin he was returning to Las Vegas. I was told that Pepe was booked by Celine only for the French leg of her European tour. She is now on the second leg of her English-language tour, which will wrap up at the beginning of August with return engagements in London before flying back to Las Vegas and a new run of Caesars Palace headline shows at The Colosseum.

” It has been a phenomenal success — more so than any other tour she has done in Europe before,” said an official traveling with Celine’s tour.

“Crowds of 30 and 40,000 fans have packed the stadiums in Marseilles and Nice and she’s shattering records at the box office. Everywhere she performs they are asking her to extend the concerts with new dates but its an impossibility,” the source said."

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertain ... ke-a-pose/
    Robin Leach and his "gossip" - the man honestly is terrible with his gossip. I find the 2nd part interesting though about box office.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue July 25th, 2017, 18:21

Between us: What songs are lipsynched in this tour?

Roadie
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Wed July 26th, 2017, 02:42

Celine Dion - AccorHotels Arena
    Paris, France - July 4-5, 8-9, 2017
    $7,918,424
    48,226 / 48,226
    4 / 4

Celine Dion - Parc Olympique Lyonnais
    Lyon, France July 12, 2017
    $4,645,895
    39,507 /39,507
    1 / 1

Celine Dion - Stade de Suisse
    Bern, Switzerland - July 15, 2017
    $4,728,650
    23,143 /23,143
    1 / 1

$17,292,969 / 110,876

Total: $40,088,542 / 290,926

$40,1m in 15 sold out shows

Legend
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)

by » Wed July 26th, 2017, 20:11

She's back to the UK tomorrow, performing the first of two shows in Birmingham!

This is the arena inside and I think her setup will be similar...

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Thu July 27th, 2017, 10:16

Saw my last show in Berlin.....blegh, sad it's over. Hope she comes back soon <3
    -Mathias

"It's the moment you think you can't, you'll discover that you can" - Céline

Legend
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)

by » Sat July 29th, 2017, 11:55

Céline Dion returns to The O2 and here are 5 things you should know

The Canadian songstress performs two shows at the north Greenwich arena as part of her Live 2017 tour

Much like her heart, Céline Dion’s tour is still going on.

After two huge performances at The O2 in June for the venue’s tenth birthday celebrations, the Canadian songstress is back for two more nights in north Greenwich.

Céline will be playing an array of smash hits from her 30 years in music on Saturday, July 29 and Sunday, July 30.

Here are five things you should know.

1. She puts on a good show

Céline received rave reviews for her first two shows at The O2 this year, so if you haven’t seen her before you’re likely to be in for a treat. The Independent gave five stars for her “unstoppable vocals at a flawless show”, while The Metro described Céline’s voice as the eighth wonder of the world. Less enthusiastic, The Telegraph described the show as “cheesy as deep-fried Camembert”, but you can’t please everyone.

2. Céline is cool now

I know. I didn’t expect it, you didn’t expect it. I’m sure Céline didn’t expect it. But it’s official: Céline Dion is cool now. The 49-year-old modelled for Vogue earlier this month, and the fashion magazine insists she’s returned to her ‘icon’ status, while The Guardian has also described her as the fashion icon 2017 needs. And after a year of heartbreak in 2016, when her brother and her husband died just two days apart, The Huffington Post say Céline is coming to terms with her grief and “living her best life” this year.

3. Drake loves Céline more than you do

It might seem like an unlikely pairing, but RnB star Drake has made his feelings for the queen of the power ballad very clear. He was photographed bowing down to Céline backstage at the Billboard Music Awards in May, and GQ reported that he told her he was “about a year away” from getting a tattoo of her inked onto his body. Watch this space.

4. She’s (probably) going to sing My Heart Will Go On

Céline performed My Heart Will Go On at the Billboard Music Awards in May, while clips of Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet from Titanic played in the background, in a performance that received a standing ovation and even made co-host Vanessa Hudgens come close to tears. Twenty years since the release of both the film and the song, her haunting vocals are still lodged deeply in the hearts of audiences around the world. So bring your tissues to The O2 get ready to have your own Rose and Jack moment - rumour has it that it’s the penultimate song of the night.

5. You can still buy tickets

Tickets are still available for Céline’s Saturday night show, although Sunday is completely sold out. Doors will open at 6pm on Saturday, July 29, and 5.30pm on Sunday, July 30.

http://www.wharf.co.uk/whats-on/music-n ... e-13362958
    Still a handful of tickets left for Saturday which I'm sure will sell out! It still blows my mind that she's performed 9 shows in the UK - 9 freaking shows! We love her! She only performed 1 more show in France - I hope she realises based on crowd reaction and ticket sales that behind France, we are her most loyal and loving market and that she returns here ASAP once she's all done!

Jun. 15 - Royal Arena - Copenhagen, Denmark
    Jun. 17 - Tele2 Arena - Stockholm, Sweden
    Jun. 20 - The O2 - London, England
    Jun. 21 - The O2 - London, England
    Jun. 23 - Gelredome - Arnhem, Netherlands
    Jun. 25 - First Direct Arena - Leeds, England
    Jun. 29 - Matmut Atlantique - Bordeaux, France
    Jul. 01 - Stade Pierre Mauroy - Lille, France
    Jul. 02 - Stade Pierre Mauroy - Lille, France
    Jul. 04 - Accorhotels Arena - Paris, France
    Jul. 05 - Accorhotels Arena - Paris, France
    Jul. 08 - Accorhotels Arena - Paris, France
    Jul. 09 - Accorhotels Arena - Paris, France
    Jul. 12 - Parc Olympiqeu Lyonnais - Lyon, France
    Jul. 15 - Stade de Suisse - Bern, Switzerland
    Jul. 18 - Orange Veldrome - Marseille, France
    Jul. 20 - Allianz Riviera - Nice, France
    Jul. 24 - Mercedes-Benz Arena - Berlin, Germany
    Jul. 27 - Barclaycard Arena - Birmingham, England

Jul. 29 - The O2 - London, England
    Jul 30 - The O2 - London, England
    Aug. 01 - First Direct Arena - Leeds, England
    Aug. 03 - Barclaycard Arena - Birmingham, England
    Aug. 05 - SSE Hydro Arena - Glasgow, UK

Only 5 shows left

Oh, should also confirm that both O2 concerts this weekend are being FILMED - not sure if it's for a DVD or just promo purposes, but WOO!

Legend
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)

by » Sat July 29th, 2017, 17:09

She's being welcomed back to London with another show-stopper poem...

Only for the queen!

Legend
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)

by » Sun July 30th, 2017, 21:38

There's a tonne of celebrities and former talent show contestants at tonight's show including Anthea Turner, Michael Flatley, Rhydian Roberts, James Phelps, Saara Aalto, Liam Tamne, Dan Wooton & more.

Leona Lewis was also at last night's show.

The (somewhat minor + couple of major ) stars are out for the queen! Reading the reviews of the show so far on Twitter is an absolute joy.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Mon July 31st, 2017, 18:35

Last night

This guy crying during PQTME is adorable
    https://twitter.com/celinedionorg/statu ... 3278099456

Legend
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)

by » Sat August 5th, 2017, 10:27

Shows - 2017 Tour

Jun. 15 - Royal Arena - Copenhagen, Denmark
    Jun. 17 - Tele2 Arena - Stockholm, Sweden
    Jun. 20 - The O2 - London, England
    Jun. 21 - The O2 - London, England
    Jun. 23 - Gelredome - Arnhem, Netherlands
    Jun. 25 - First Direct Arena - Leeds, England
    Jun. 29 - Matmut Atlantique - Bordeaux, France
    Jul. 01 - Stade Pierre Mauroy - Lille, France
    Jul. 02 - Stade Pierre Mauroy - Lille, France
    Jul. 04 - Accorhotels Arena - Paris, France
    Jul. 05 - Accorhotels Arena - Paris, France
    Jul. 08 - Accorhotels Arena - Paris, France
    Jul. 09 - Accorhotels Arena - Paris, France
    Jul. 12 - Parc Olympiqeu Lyonnais - Lyon, France
    Jul. 15 - Stade de Suisse - Bern, Switzerland
    Jul. 18 - Orange Veldrome - Marseille, France
    Jul. 20 - Allianz Riviera - Nice, France
    Jul. 24 - Mercedes-Benz Arena - Berlin, Germany
    Jul. 27 - Barclaycard Arena - Birmingham, England
    Jul. 29 - The O2 - London, England
    Jul 30 - The O2 - London, England
    Aug. 01 - First Direct Arena - Leeds, England
    Aug. 03 - Barclaycard Arena - Birmingham, England

Aug. 05 - SSE Hydro Arena - Glasgow, UK

Final show tonight! The UK's very first Pop Idol winner Michelle McManus will be there, she wrote the following article about Celine - a very lovely ode to the world's most celebrated and loved singer...

Michelle McManus: There is only one performer that I would gladly give a kidney to see live and that's Celine Dion

What a weeks it has been. My show, Michelle McManus’ Reality: The Musical, opened at this year's Edinburgh Fringe on Wednesday night and I'm in a gorgeous new venue this year as sadly St Andrew Square Gardens is no more. I'm now down at Stand 6 on York Place at The Place Hotel complete with an outdoor rooftop terrace bar, how very posh indeed. Only 22 more shows to go so let the madness commence.

Back in Glasgow is all go, show wise, too with the touring production of Flashdance starring Strictly Come Dancing Champion Joanne Clifton and A1 heartthrob Ben Adams opening at The Kings Theatre on Saturday evening plus the annual Summer Nights at The Bandstand kicked off in Style this week.

Texas and the Beach Boys Brian Wilson have already performed and over the next two weeks bands like the Pixies and Arab Strap will take to the stage in Kelvingrove Park. Tonight though it's the incredibly talented KT Tunstall who’ll be delighting the crowds at the Bandstand. I saw KT live at the Barrowlands back in 2010 and it's still one of the best gigs I've ever been too. Her song Lost from her Tiger Suit album is always top of my list to play when I'm on Radio Scotland presenting the Music Match.

Tomorrow night however, something epic and incredible is happening in my world. It's been more than 20 years but she's back in Scotland to perform for one night only, right here in Glasgow and I have a Willie Wonka golden ticket to go see her.

My idol and my inspiration when it comes to singing, Celine Dion, is performing at the Hydro tomorrow night and I can barely contain my excitement. She might not be everyone's cup of tea and it's each to their own when it comes to music but I just adore her and it's been my dream for years to see her perform live.

As a teenager I would lock myself in my room and spend hours trying to learn the lyrics to her songs on her French album, D’eux. I even sang one of them for the oral part of my Standard Grade French Exam and it secured my overall credit mark. For me, vocally, no one comes close. Her range and her live performances are breathtaking and as a singer you can only really appreciate her immense talent when you yourself attempt to sing one of her songs.

I adore all different kinds of music and I often feel quite sad for folk who refuse to listen to anything other than their favourite band or style of genre but there is only one performer that I would gladly give a kidney to see live and that's Celine. Tomorrow night, myself and a group of my friends and family are going to see the great lady in action and I simply can't wait.

For the 13,000 fans going to the gig on Saturday night, Sloan's Bar in town will be hosting a Celine Dion pre party. There will be Celine inspired cocktails including The Prosecco Will Go On and Because You Loved Gin while Celine’s greatest hits are being blasted out through the speakers.

To top it all off there will be a life size cutout of Celine in the bar so fans can have their photo taken with her and if I'm not at the front of that queue the you’ll be reading in the Sunday papers about a crazed fan that tried to jump onstage to sing Barbra Streisand's part in the song Tell Him with Celine and you can bet your bottom dollar that will be me. For everyone going to the concert I hope you have a fabulous night and don't forget the pre party at Sloan's kicks off from 2pm on Saturday afternoon.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/1545 ... line_Dion/

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by » Sat August 5th, 2017, 11:20

What a success this tour has become. Have you attended any shows Wayne?

Legend
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)

by » Sat August 5th, 2017, 12:06

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy
    What a success this tour has become. Have you attended any shows Wayne?
    Yep, I attended the 27th show in Birmingham...

Okay, so yesterday was just a crazy day. Got there crazy early as expected it to be a mad rush to get in but it really wasn't - including queue times, searches and figuring out where we were seated, it took less than 15 minutes. So as we had loads of time to burn, only natural that we went for fish & chips.

Firstly, Veronic DiCaire was outstanding - she received a standing ovation and she was so good, I tweeted her last night to tell her. And she responded to me this morning! Seriously, she exceeded my expectations by a mile - and they were already high based on what I'd read. I thought it really lovely though that every stood for her when she was finished - naturally, I was one of the first.

Onto the show itself, there are no words to describe the feelings you feel when you first experience this woman - it's so much more than awe, it's an experience and one that I will never forget for as long as I live. I love her music, I love her voice and I love her spirit - but goodness me, there is nothing like experiencing it all in one setting at the same time.

The opener is so effective - the stage goes dark and you hear her doing her wonderful riffing before you then hear..."The whispers in the morning..." and everybody goes crazy. And then you don't see her until the first chorus starts with "cos I'm your laaaaaadyyyyyy".

She did both Le Ballet and Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore - both went down really well. With Le Ballet - I just have no words. People were shocked but literally loving every moment like I was, to see her performing in such a way was a revelation. And then when PQTME came on, loads of people all over the arena got the lights on their phones going - it was quite a moment.

How Does A Moment Last Forever was really a revelation to me - it's a beautiful record but doesn't really go anywhere. However, I love what she does with it in a live performance setting, her vocal inflections work really well.

Think Twice went down well as did It's All Coming Back To Me Now - the vocals on both are straight out the 90s. But the song that probably went down best of all out of her big hits with the crowd was Because You Loved Me - pure mad love from the moment it came on until the end.

OMG River Deep Mountain High - people were going mad for it. It's so different hearing that live than it is watching it on a video. Proper crowd pleaser.

The crowd stayed with her all evening, on their feet for 90% of the night - I was really taken aback by it, a fantastic crowd from start to finish. Negatives - she talks a LOT which I'm fine with but she keeps cutting the playlist and it bothers me. I really wanted to witness Loved Me Back To Life live and it still surprises me that A New Day Has Come hasn't been part of the playlist. There were some funny moments (she kept talking about sticky toffee pudding ) but I'd rather less chat and more songs. Also, Love Can Move Mountains is just a train wreck - it's not pleasant to witness and it makes me cringe watching it live.

I love her infinitely more than I already did. Be under no illusion, THAT voice is still very much in pristine condition with immense power and control and she is a commanding live performer. A night I will never forget.

You can hear my friend in the background, she's also in awe as you can tell.

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by » Sat August 5th, 2017, 15:18

I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I hope they'll release a dvd of this tour, even though you can never experience a live show from a dvd, it gives you an idea about her performance.

Legend
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)

by » Sat August 5th, 2017, 19:20

Scotland welcoming the queen...

Britain's Got Talent finalist Jai McDowall is there tonight, as is Pop Idol winner Michelle McManus.

Legend
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)

by » Sat August 5th, 2017, 21:53

It's (obviously) a sell-out - the official Hydro Twitter account tweeted this: https://twitter.com/TheSSEHydro/status/ ... 3871848448

Legend
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)

by » Sat August 5th, 2017, 21:55

Also, Veronic (the opening act) impersonates Susan Boyle as part of her act - she has done so tonight only to find Susan Boyle is in the audience.

https://twitter.com/_stevenwalker_/stat ... 4387888128

Roadie
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Sun August 6th, 2017, 00:46

Fans leaving the concert while singing Think Twice
    https://twitter.com/celinepodcast/statu ... 6409590784

What an amazing tour this has been. Her best tour since Taking Chances tour (including Vegas).

Legend
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Whitney Houston

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Tue August 8th, 2017, 08:08

I was in Glasgow at the weekend and didnt realise Celine was performing.
    Was able to attend an after party at the Polo Lounge.
    They played some of the club versions of her hits. Had a great night.

Legend
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)

by » Tue August 8th, 2017, 13:08

Amazing number, all sell-outs.

Summary taken from Celine Dion Informatiepunt...

After a rollercoaster 8 weeks, Céline's 'Live 2017' tour is now over! So it's time to talk some numbers..

* The tour has grossed $58.612.281 (excluding Glasgow, so it will be around $61 million in the end).

* Céline has played to 446.829 fans (excluding Glasgow, probably around 457k in the end).

* The concert in Marseille was the biggest one of the tour, with an attendance of 43.128 fans. The top 5 is further comprised of: Lyon (39.507), Bordeaux (31.140), Nice (30.270) and Arnhem (26.406). The first Leeds show had the most intimate audience of the tour, with just 7205 fans.

* 25 European cities were part of this mini-tour (in 8 countries).

* Céline wore 10 different outfits on this tour.

* The concerts of July 8 & 9 in Paris and July 29 & 30 in London were recorded. It's unconfirmed for what purpose, but we'll keep you posted on this.

The numbers will be updated once the info on the Glasgow concert are made public (next week).

Legend
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)

by » Tue August 8th, 2017, 18:57

The actual total is $61m + Glasgow, not $58m + Glasgow...

Celine Dion - Copenhagen, Denmark: $2,577,612
    Celine Dion - Stockholm, Sweden: $2,544,591
    Celine Dion - London, U.K (June 20-21): $4,135,146
    Celine Dion - Arnhem, Netherlands: $3,039,276
    Celine Dion - Leeds, England (June 25): $1,124,798
    Celine Dion - Bordeaux, France: $3,505,145
    Celine Dion - Lille, France (July 1-2): $5,869,005
    Celine Dion - AccorHotels Arena - Paris, France (July 4-5, 8-9): $7,918,424
    Celine Dion - Lyon, France: $4,645,895
    Celine Dion - Bern, Switzerland: $4,728,650
    Celine Dion - Marseille, France: $5,095,778
    Celine Dion - Nice, France: $3,648,103
    Celine Dion - Berlin, Germany (July 23-24): $3,338,229
    Celine Dion - London, U.K (July 30-31): $4,305,399
    Celine Dion - Leeds, U.K (Aug 2): $1,448,536
    Celine Dion - Birmingham, U.K (July 27, Aug. 3): $3,687,694
    Celine Dion - Glasgow, Scotland: -

Total: $61,612,281

Legend
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)

by » Mon August 14th, 2017, 15:19

Céline Dion has made history as the highest grossing artist at each UK venue she performed at on her 2017 European tour.

The Canadian singer recently performed at venues including London's O2 Arena, Leeds' First Direct Arena, the SSE Hydro in Glasgow and Birmingham's Barclaycard Arena.

According to AEG Presents, Dion is now the highest-grossing artist for each one and she is also the O2 Arena's highest-grossing female performer of 2017 across her four dates there, two of which were in June followed by two in July.

She has scored the two highest single-night gross takings for her two Birmingham gigs, with her first date on July 27 the most successful and her second on August 3 grossing the second highest for the Barclaycard Arena.
    Her June 25 show at the Leeds First Direct Arena was the fifth highest-grossing individual to date at the venue but it was her August 2 show which broke the venue's record.
    Dion's final concert at the Glasgow SSE Hydro saw her scoop the highest individual gross for sales revenue at the location.

John Meglen, president and co-CEO of tour promoters Concerts West, said: "Audiences in Europe this summer got a chance to find out what visitors to her long-running residency at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas already know: Celine gets better with every performance."

He added: "We could not be more proud of this uniquely strong and talented performer. She really is the voice of our lifetime."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/1547 ... SSE_Hydro/

Roadie
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Wed August 16th, 2017, 00:18

Celine Dion - SSE Hydro
    Glasgow, U.K. Aug. 5, 2017
    $1,723,094
    11,094 /11,094
    1 / 1

The tour grossed $63,335,375 and sold 457,923 tickets in 25 sold out shows.

Queen