X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amir
    Personal Assistant
    • 27 Jan 2001

Chart Chat: Hear what I have to say!

Here's this week's official CIN UK Top 10 singles.

Code:
     (1)  1 Hear'Say - Pure And Simple
     (3)  2 Shaggy - It Wasn't Me
     (2)  3 Westlife - Uptown Girl
     (4)  4 Atomic Kitten - Whole Again
     (-)  5 Stereophonics - Mr Writer
     (5)  6 Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
     (7)  7 Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag
     (-)  8 Craig David - Rendezvous
     (8)  9 Nelly Furtado - I'm Like A Bird
     (6) 10 Chocolate Puma - I Wanna Be U
    Just as I predicted last week, Hear'Say comfortably manage to hang on to the top spot for a second week, with the higest new entry belonging to the Stereophonics (almost Top 3), closely followed by Craig David (not quite Top 5). I was also right to say The Offspring and LeAnn Rimes would end up just outside the Top 10 (Nos. 15 and 12), though Blackout didn't do as well as I thought, entering at No. 19.

As for next week, expect the biggest new hit to belong to Britney Spears... though I suspect it won't be strong enough to dethrone Hear'Say, or even Shaggy just yet (even though it does have that, er, saucy video on one of the CDs!). M&S/The Girl Next Door should make a reasonable impact on the Top 10, as should Crazy Town's former US No. 1 single, and if they're lucky, the Architechs might just manage to claw in there too.

Amir. :cool:
  • matthew_dixon
    Administrator
    • 01 Mar 2001

I tend to agree. I think that no-one will dethrone the massive force of Hear'Say, Shaggy, Westlife, Aromic Kitten. I think that probably Britney might not be as high as you think - beaten by Crazy Town, M&S and possibly even Architects.
    Matthew's All Time Favourite Acts

Comment

• Riggsy
      • 24 Mar 2001

I work at WHSmiths and I know that Hearsay's single is still selling quite well and we're also shifting loads of their album as well.

Britney Spears' new single is selling quite well this week, although it is the CD-Rom version that is selling well!!:smile:

I bet Hearsay will be number one in the album charts this week. It's hardly going to be Rod Stewart now is it?!:smile:

Comment

Working...