User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 132

Thread: My fav TAYLOR SWIFT songs - begin(ning) again - or the end?

  1. #1
    luckyONE's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,094
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 26-08-17, 15:31


    • [/cringetext]


      TAYLOR SWIFT.
      50 SONGS.
      PRE-REPUTATION ERA SONGS.
      STARTING EARLY SEPTEMBER.
      3 songs from the text above have not made the Top 50 btw.
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painfully than the risk it took to bloom
    cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

  2. #2
    BlankSpace's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    01 Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,951
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  3. #3
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,414
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 26-08-17, 16:10

    Cringe-worthy maybe, but sweet nonetheless. Is Taylor really your all-time favourite, though?

    I'll be following this.
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  4. #4

  5. #5

  6. #6
    luckyONE's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,094
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 27-08-17, 09:56

    Quote Originally Posted by BlankSpace
    Looking forward to it
    Glad to read that.



    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    Cringe-worthy maybe, but sweet nonetheless. Is Taylor really your all-time favourite, though?

    I'll be following this.
    Well, to be quite honest, my #1 favorite artist changes every 2 or 3 years lately. When I first started listening to music, it was Madonna (2005-2011), then P!nk (2012-2014), Alicia Keys (2015/first half of 2016) and at the moment it's Taylor Swift. However, I have never listened to an artist that much in a calendar year than I did listen to Taylor in 2017 (almost 10k plays!). So that probably means something.


    Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    Can't wait!
    Yay!


    Quote Originally Posted by Theodorerichert
    How long did it take to pick the order?
    It's still not finished, I have to think about certain positions, however the Top 10 is already done. It's never easy to rank songs tbh because maybe a few days later you listen to a song you place in the bottom half but suddenly love it so much you'd rank it way higher. happens to Taylor's songs so often that I discover a song that I'd never cared for before. That's why it only starts early September.
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painfully than the risk it took to bloom
    cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

  7. #7
    luckyONE's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,094
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 01-09-17, 16:20

    • #50
      WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER
      album: RED




      when you said you needed space...
      WHAT?!...


      the first song to appear on my countdown is the lead single off her "RED" album. The "crazy" song title put me really off back in 2012 and I didn't feel to check it out. however, it was probably one of the first popular TS song in Germany. I love the video, it's crazy and funny.
      However, it's still my least favorite lead single by her. it's not bad but far from her best in my honest opinion.

    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painfully than the risk it took to bloom
    cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

  8. #8
    BlankSpace's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    01 Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,951
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 01-09-17, 16:47

    Whattttttt????
    i mean its also my least fav lead from her
    i in fact hated it when it came out (and thought it'd flop) lol
    but i fell in love with it back in 2014 when i had my first break up. this song was exactly what i was feeling at that time..
    #JusticeForWeAreNeverEverGettingBackTogather

  9. #9
    luckyONE's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,094
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 02-09-17, 08:46

    ^RED was my second Taylor album, ofc I only knew WANEGBT and IKYWT. They were my favorites from the album but then I digged a little bit deeper into her discography. I think it was a great way to start the era, though.

    I love the spoken parts here.
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painfully than the risk it took to bloom
    cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

  10. #10
    Biebz's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    02 Jun 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    23,558
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 02-09-17, 09:09

    I actually fell in love with Taylor due to her songs she did for The Hungers Game back in early 2012 so when WANEGBT was announced I was really curious. On first listen I thought she'd totally ripped Avril off so I was super pissed I still loved the song though and from that moment decided I should probably follow her as an artist.

  11. #11
    luckyONE's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,094
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 02-09-17, 09:28

    Quote Originally Posted by Biebz
    I actually fell in love with Taylor due to her songs she did for The Hungers Game back in early 2012 so when WANEGBT was announced I was really curious. On first listen I thought she'd totally ripped Avril off so I was super pissed I still loved the song though and from that moment decided I should probably follow her as an artist.
    well she kinda did, didn't she? but not in a negative way. i wish i had started following her with that era, too (or even earlier, I remember watching the "Mine" video back in 2010).

    few more positions coming this evening.
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painfully than the risk it took to bloom
    cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

  12. #12
    GetBack's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2010
    Location
    Netflix
    Posts
    31,526
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 02-09-17, 09:45

    I still love this song, she really transitioned here and took a chance. To be honest, this was her make or break moment, because there was no country star who really made that big risk, LeAnn somewhat did it but it was at the time that there was already low demand for her music.

  13. #13
    luckyONE's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,094
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 02-09-17, 17:38

    Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    I still love this song, she really transitioned here and took a chance. To be honest, this was her make or break moment, because there was no country star who really made that big risk, LeAnn somewhat did it but it was at the time that there was already low demand for her music.
    i agree! i can only speak for myself but i am happy she chose that route.... I adore pre-RED Taylor and the albums but I love the "current" Taylor just as much!
    And it's crazy how much demand there is for Taylor's music. I am happy she finally seems to conquer Europe as well.
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painfully than the risk it took to bloom
    cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

  14. #14
    luckyONE's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,094
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 02-09-17, 17:51

    • #49
      JUMP THEN FALL
      album: FEARLESS (Platinum Edition)




      the first song from a special/re-release/deluxe/platinum edition! How did this not appear on the standard album is a mystery to me! i love the lyrics, it's typical taylor swift for me. fun fact: it's said to be taylor's favorite song on the platinum edition. she already began writing songs for 'SPEAK NOW' but some songs wouldn't fit the overall theme of the next album, that's why certain songs were chosen for the platinum edition of her grammy-award winning album "FEARLESS". the song is self-penned by her using a banjo. such a feel-good-vibe song!
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painfully than the risk it took to bloom
    cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

  15. #15
    luckyONE's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,094
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 02-09-17, 18:01

    • #48
      GIRL AT HOME
      album: RED (Deluxe Edition)




      the second song from RED dropping out at #48. "GIRL AT HOME" is a song that certainly had to grow on me. however, i think it's a solid song. i picture a live performance of it with taylor sitting on a chair and playing the guitar herself of course in a RED dress.
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painfully than the risk it took to bloom
    cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

  16. #16
    BlankSpace's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    01 Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,951
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 02-09-17, 18:36

    Jump than fall is amazzzzzzzing just amazzzzzzzing

  17. #17
    GetBack's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2010
    Location
    Netflix
    Posts
    31,526
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 03-09-17, 00:36

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyONE
    Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    I still love this song, she really transitioned here and took a chance. To be honest, this was her make or break moment, because there was no country star who really made that big risk, LeAnn somewhat did it but it was at the time that there was already low demand for her music.
    i agree! i can only speak for myself but i am happy she chose that route.... I adore pre-RED Taylor and the albums but I love the "current" Taylor just as much!
    And it's crazy how much demand there is for Taylor's music. I am happy she finally seems to conquer Europe as well.
    Her fan base continues to grow, it's crazy!

  18. #18
    Mainshow's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,631
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 03-09-17, 12:27

    I'll try to follow this countdown. I have never been a fan of Taylor's (I simply do not like Country that much) but it would be nice to get used to her discography a bit more before everyone will find me stanning hard for her upcoming release

    "We Are Never Getting Back Together" and "Shake It Off" have to be the most annoying songs I have ever heard (and no, that's not an exaggeration) , that's why I'm glad that one of these tracks is already out.

    I've just listened to "Jump Then Fall" and it's not even bad! It's a shame it's on the re-release because I even own "Fearless" (bought it in a weak moment). I agree, it's such a feel good track and it suits her song! Definitely one of the best songs by Taylor I have heard! Thank you for introducing this track to me!

    "Girl At Home" is a bit of a non-event, right? But it's cute. Maybe, I need to finally listen to "Red" (but the singles put me off, tbh).

  19. #19
    luckyONE's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,094
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 03-09-17, 13:27

    Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyONE
    Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    I still love this song, she really transitioned here and took a chance. To be honest, this was her make or break moment, because there was no country star who really made that big risk, LeAnn somewhat did it but it was at the time that there was already low demand for her music.
    i agree! i can only speak for myself but i am happy she chose that route.... I adore pre-RED Taylor and the albums but I love the "current" Taylor just as much!
    And it's crazy how much demand there is for Taylor's music. I am happy she finally seems to conquer Europe as well.
    Her fan base continues to grow, it's crazy!
    which is also kinda good (for me - I am from Germany), hoping for a bigger tour schedule in Europe next year!
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painfully than the risk it took to bloom
    cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

  20. #20
    luckyONE's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,094
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 03-09-17, 13:30

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    I'll try to follow this countdown. I have never been a fan of Taylor's (I simply do not like Country that much) but it would be nice to get used to her discography a bit more before everyone will find me stanning hard for her upcoming release

    "We Are Never Getting Back Together" and "Shake It Off" have to be the most annoying songs I have ever heard (and no, that's not an exaggeration) , that's why I'm glad that one of these tracks is already out.

    I've just listened to "Jump Then Fall" and it's not even bad! It's a shame it's on the re-release because I even own "Fearless" (bought it in a weak moment). I agree, it's such a feel good track and it suits her song! Definitely one of the best songs by Taylor I have heard! Thank you for introducing this track to me!

    "Girl At Home" is a bit of a non-event, right? But it's cute. Maybe, I need to finally listen to "Red" (but the singles put me off, tbh).
    Thank you! Her discography is full of beautiful gems , the singles from her album are usually amazing but the album tracks are just <3.

    I kinda agree with you, WANEGBT can be annoying, however "Shake It Off" is definitely one of her greatest moments ever! I even put that song on my work out playlist, it is SO Good and gets me motivated.

    You're welcome, I think it's always good to know a few songs besides the singles to get a better picture about discographies.


    MORE POSITIONS COMING SOON.

    meanwhile stream her new song "...READY FOR IT" on SPotify / Youtube / Tidal / Apple Music.


    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painfully than the risk it took to bloom
    cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

  21. #21
    luckyONE's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,094
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 03-09-17, 14:08

    • #47
      OURS
      album: SPEAK NOW (deluxe edition)




      first of all, the video really makes me just go and hug Taylor! Especially the beginning, it's kinda frustrating, yet it reminds me of my work sometimes aswell...
      "ours" is a cute ballad which showcases her sweet voice on a true-to-life song.
      it's cool that it was a single, however there are stronger album tracks left on "SPEAK NOW" that should've been released instead IMO.
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painfully than the risk it took to bloom
    cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

  22. #22
    luckyONE's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,094
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 03-09-17, 14:14

    • #46
      SPARKS FLY
      album: SPEAK NOW




      one of the weaker tracks on her best album, however still a good one. especially a great concert opener, love its performance on the SPEAK NOW WORLD TOUR.
      What I especially like about this song is the line "DROP EVERYTHING NOW!... MEET ME IN THE POURING RAIN.."
      I wish there was a "real" video for this song. Those concert videos are cute and it's good to see some more from the tour but I usually prefer a real music video.
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painfully than the risk it took to bloom
    cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

  23. #23
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    50,414
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 03-09-17, 19:23

    "We Are Never..." would probably make my T-Swizzle Top 10. The chorus is so big!

    "Jump Then Fall" is an underrated gem. It was my favourite song on the Platinum edition for a long time, but I think I prefer "The Other Side of the Door" at this point.

    Hmm...I'm not a big "Girl at Home" fan.

    "Ours" is a gorgeous gay anthem. For me, it is probably the most underrated Taylor Swift song. It would make my Top 10 comfortably.

    I'm on my guard for the rest of the world, but with you, I know it's no good. It took me quite some time to grasp the magic of this one, but it's one of my favourites from her. Definitely Top 20 material for me.

    I'm going to pay close attention to where you rank "Mine" and "Enchanted," 'cause you're offing some pretty big ones early on.
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

  24. #24
    BlankSpace's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    01 Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,951
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 03-09-17, 19:40

    Sparks fly is my fave from SN it would clearly make my top 5..
    "ours" is also really good

  25. #25
    luckyONE's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,094
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-09-17, 16:03

    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    "We Are Never..." would probably make my T-Swizzle Top 10. The chorus is so big!
    It does have a quite remarkable chorus - it's so addictive!

    "Jump Then Fall" is an underrated gem. It was my favourite song on the Platinum edition for a long time, but I think I prefer "The Other Side of the Door" at this point.
    There is one more song from the Platinum Edition on this countdown. However it will take quite a few positions until it is announced...

    Hmm...I'm not a big "Girl at Home" fan
    Aw! :( I think it's really cute.

    I'm going to pay close attention to where you rank "Mine" and "Enchanted," 'cause you're offing some pretty big ones early on.
    There is at least one big surprise on this countdown - a certain single of her hasn't made it to the Top 50. There is another big Taylor Swift song which I only grew to love in the last few days before I compiled the list. It's not as high as other songs though. Let's see it it's "Mine" or "Enchanted".
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painfully than the risk it took to bloom
    cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •