User Tag List

View Poll Results: Baby Sussex will be a...

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boy

1 33.33%
  • Girl

2 66.67%
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: British Royal Family News: happy birthday Queen Elizabeth II

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-10-18, 08:00

[quote=clh_hilary]
    Quote Originally Posted by menime123
    Quote Originally Posted by "clh_hilary":2ccnj3hr

Next, you're going to disagree with the Archbishop of Canterbury on the Church of England's policies and the Prime Minister on government positions?
    I’m a gay Catholic member of the Labour Party. Do you really want to open that can of worms?
    You're either trolling or just really slow.

UK government policies are what the current UK government says they are. It has absolutely nothing to do with your party affiliation, unless you're so delusional to think that the Tory minority government is an illegitimate government and Jeremy Corbyn is currently the Prime Minister in reality, and thus only Labour could decide that.[/quote:2ccnj3hr]

Frankly I can disagree with anyone I want. If the government’s position is wrong - I’m entitled to disagree with it. Same as I can the CoE. I really think you need to consider your words more carefully as you’re getting lost in your own argument here. But this is the British Royal Family thread - it’s not about you, me or whatever we think.

Let’s move on.
    SLOW DOWN PAPI... NO MEN IN ME.

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-10-18, 08:54

Harry and Meghan downunder.

Such a beautiful couple.

Legend
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-10-18, 09:33

It always makes me smile seeing them together.

We are so in need of just good news stories these days.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-10-18, 14:57

Frankly I can disagree with anyone I want. If the government’s position is wrong - I’m entitled to disagree with it. Same as I can the CoE. I really think you need to consider your words more carefully as you’re getting lost in your own argument here. But this is the British Royal Family thread - it’s not about you, me or whatever we think.

Let’s move on.
    If you want to move on, you would have accepted the fact that you hold the incorrect opinion and at least learn to stay quiet. But you didn't, because you're so deluded to think that your opinion trumps that of the Lord Chamberlain's on who is a member of the royal family.

I didn't get lost in my own argument, and your random, baseless assertion will not change that. You're right - who's a member of the royal family is not about what I think, that's why I gave you the official list of royal family members.

By your logic, I can say "I like oysters", and you can say "I'm entitled to disagree with whether you like oysters, no, you don't like oysters no matter what you think you like".

Guess what? You are indeed entitled to hold wrong opinions, but that doesn't shelter you from getting criticized and corrected in public everytime you insist on being wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheHell
    Voice of the truth here!! :(

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-10-18, 17:08

Ah well, you see there is your issue. You rely too heavily on what you have googled to learn, rather than what you already know to be truth. Which of course is why I moved the conversation forward, but you seem to repeatedly want to continue down this line of conversation.

As I have previously said, there is a world of difference between ‘The Royal Family’ and those that belong to the ‘Mountbatten-Windsor Family’ (aka The Queen’s extended family). Should you chose to believe they are one and the same, then so be it - I have not one ounce of concern. However I accept your confusion as ‘The Royal Family’ term is used interchangeably and often quite incorrectly.

But the entire truth is that only Royalty can be Royal and to be Royalty you must have a Royal title. It is quite simply as straight forward as that. As it stands, Prince Henry’s child has no legal right to become a prince of princess at the time of birth. I fully agree that The Queen will make them one, but until she does, they will not be Royal.

Now there is no sense in continuing this line of discussion - this is a news thread, and I’d prefer it to remain as such. It’s bad enough there’s been lizard talk on recent pages. If you want to discuss further, feel free to PM me.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-10-18, 18:46

Ah well, you see there is your issue. You rely too heavily on what you have googled to learn, rather than what you already know to be truth.
    You see, that is your issue. You have dictated that your opinions must be facts, and no matter how much evidence there is, you are not going to think you might be wrong.

Which of course is why I moved the conversation forward, but you seem to repeatedly want to continue down this line of conversation.
    You didn't move the conversation forward. In the beginning, you held your wrong opinion; now, you are still holding your clearly wrong opinion, with absolutely no new evidence or argument added.

As I have previously said, there is a world of difference between ‘The Royal Family’ and those that belong to the ‘Mountbatten-Windsor Family’ (aka The Queen’s extended family).
    17 people without a princely title are officially considered a part of "the royal family".

17 people without a princely title are officially considered a part of "the royal family".

That is the truth.

Should you chose to believe they are one and the same, then so be it - I have not one ounce of concern. However I accept your confusion as ‘The Royal Family’ term is used interchangeably and often quite incorrectly.
    Incorrectly? Who are you? Oxford Dictionary or are you the sovereign?

Neither? Then what qualifies you to be the judge on that, as opposed to the actual head of the royal family deciding who is a part of the royal family?

But the entire truth is that only Royalty can be Royal
    Yes.

and to be Royalty you must have a Royal title.
    Wrong. Not according to the royals themselves, and the sovereign; not according to how the word is used in real life either.

So you hold a view that is contradictory to whether you see the term as prescriptive or descriptive.

It is quite simply as straight forward as that.
    Must like your incorrect use of the word "straightforward", your opinion is just flat out, obviously, incorrect, for all the reasons mentioned above and prior to this.

As it stands, Prince Henry’s child has no legal right to become a prince of princess at the time of birth. I fully agree that The Queen will make them one, but until she does, they will not be Royal.
    I already told you that's a moot point as the baby will more than likely survive The Queen, thus gaining the title automatically.

Now there is no sense in continuing this line of discussion - this is a news thread, and I’d prefer it to remain as such. It’s bad enough there’s been lizard talk on recent pages. If you want to discuss further, feel free to PM me.
    You: "I've moved on"
    Also you: "Nah not without saying how right I am because I'm God or something"

You: "This should be a conversation done via PM"
    Also you: "Well, ONLY for people who are not me. I can continue posting here because I decide everything"

You were embarrassing before, now you're just pathetic.

---

Allow me to recap on how wrong you are on multiple levels -

"The baby will not be royal because they will not get a princely title"
    - unlikely at birth, but extremely likely before they die, so if we are saying "will not", that is objectively wrong

"The baby will not be royal because they are not going to be a member of the royal family"
    - wrong since the Lord Chamberlain, the person who represents The Queen on these matters, has included 17 people without a princely title

What you saying essentially is that "the baby will not be royal no matter what The Queen says, because I have decreed that they will not a member of the royal family in the beginning and cannot accept to admit being wrong".

I’m a duty manager now bitchessss
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fiat 500

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-10-18, 18:55

Quote Originally Posted by thankfulforkelly
    lmao wtf

+1

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-10-18, 19:25

^American Queen only person that keeps the royal family interesting

#murrica
    Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-10-18, 19:30

Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords

#murrica
    Interesting fact: Queen Elizabeth is still the queen of 10 sovereign states in America.

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-10-18, 20:19

Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary

#murrica
    Interesting fact: Queen Elizabeth is still the queen of 10 sovereign states in America.
    Interesting fact: she’s a grumpy lizard and was a bish to Diana and the gay community dying of aids in the 80s :evil:

When Diana pursued volunteer and fundraising opportunities with people suffering from HIV and AIDS, the Queen asked Diana if she couldn’t get involved with “something more pleasant.”
    That old lizard :evil:
    Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Manager
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-10-18, 21:25

Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary

#murrica
    I have to laugh.gif

That bish is just a puppet.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 19-10-18, 03:13

Interesting fact: she’s a grumpy lizard and was a bish to Diana and the gay community dying of aids in the 80s :evil:
    Lizard people tend to be a bit behind the times, I'm afraid.

But the Head of the Commonwealth of Nations did praise Switchboard and honorary fellow Rector Stephen Fry claimed that the Supreme Governor of The Church of England had this to say when the Crown passed gay marriage into law in England, Wales, and Scotland, "Well, who’d have thought 62 years ago when I came to the throne, I’d be signing something like this? Isn’t it wonderful?”.

Legend
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 24-10-18, 09:23

I'm happy Meghan is still pushing female/girl empowerment

Legend
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My personal chart And Madonna enters... at #... - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 17-01-19, 23:15

Prince Philip unhurt in crash while driving

The Duke of Edinburgh has been involved in a car crash while driving near the Queen's Sandringham estate, Buckingham Palace has said.

Prince Philip, 97, was not injured in the accident, which happened as he drove a Land Rover out of a driveway onto the A149 shortly before 15:00 GMT.

The other car involved was a Kia. Two women in it needed hospital treatment - they have since been discharged.

Eyewitnesses said the duke's Land Rover overturned during the collision.

They said they helped the duke out of the vehicle. He was conscious but very, very shocked and shaken, they added.

Norfolk police said it was force policy to breath test drivers involved in collisions and both had provided negative readings.

The duke is back at Sandringham and has seen a doctor as a precaution.

A woman who drove past the crash scene - near Babingley, a small village north of Kings Lynn in Norfolk - at around 15:40 said she saw an ambulance and "a heavy police presence".

"I was just going down the A149 … and saw a lot of blue flashing lights ahead," she said. "I saw a black, 4x4 type car on its side and me and my son were like 'oh my word, that doesn't look good'.

"Luckily it was just sort of on the side of the road, the road wasn't closed in any way.

"Obviously it looked quite smashed in. I'm quite amazed he [the duke] is okay actually."

Norfolk police confirmed officers were called to the scene shortly before 3pm after a Land Rover and a Kia were involved in a collision.

It had previously been reported the duke had been driving a Range Rover.

The driver of the Kia suffered cuts, while the passenger sustained an arm injury, police said. Both were treated at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.

A statement said the road remained open and both vehicles were recovered a short time later.

Nick Cobb, a long-time Babingley resident, was driving past with his 16-year-old daughter Emily at about 15:10 GMT when they spotted an overturned car about 100 yards from their house.

"The [Land Rover] was on its side on a private road.

"The other car was well into the hedge on the opposite side of the road.

"There was lots of debris in the road, lots of glass and lots of other cars, some police cars, some from the Sandringham Estate and about six ordinary looking cars that looked as though they had stopped to help.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46912691
    I wonder what the officers would've done had the Queen's husband been over the limit.

Pleased His Royal Highness is uninjured and safe.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 17-01-19, 23:50

Why is he driving? I’d like the UK to follow other countries in making people above a certain age take another driving test of sorts. Obviously we don’t know if it was his fault, but it’s a known fact that older people have slower reactions and I don’t think it’s harsh to get them to test for things like eyesight, hearing, reaction speed etc.

Anyway surprised he was driving anyway, thought he was incredibly ill.

Legend
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-01-19, 00:01

He shouldn't be driving a car at that age.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-01-19, 02:31

Oh my goodness!

It gave me flashbacks of the Princess Di car crash!

The Diva
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-01-19, 05:17

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    Biggest non story ever posted on UKMIX
    +1
    Wayne just shit stirring as usual
    Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Legend
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-01-19, 06:51

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    Biggest non story ever posted on UKMIX
    +1
    Wayne just shit stirring as usual
    And yet you both felt the need to comment?

The Diva
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » 18-01-19, 08:48

I’m news moderator aka gossip queen. Honey, this was not tea

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-01-19, 08:49

And as a future mod I obviously need to show that I can detect trolls around here and point them out
    Follow Me On Instagram

#KING