Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: P!nk - Beautiful Trauma Tour

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Sat June 15th, 2019, 08:23

The European tour is kicking off tomorrow, finally! :cheer:
    Really excited to see if there are major changes in the setlist (hoping she keeps 'Barbies' and 'Glitter In The Air')

cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

by » Mon June 17th, 2019, 09:42

OMG it was so great! My review will come later. But with regard to the setlist, disappointingly Barbies is not in there anymore. However, replaced by 90Days with Wrabel, who was there live too! Also I'm Not Dead is now replaced by Walk Me Home. Also Can We Pretend and Hustle were performed, although looking at the setlist, I think they were added and no songs were skipped because of those.
    Wish she would've added "Hurts 2B Human", "Courage" and "The Last Song of Your Love", but nevertheless it was a great show.

Legend
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

by » Mon June 17th, 2019, 11:18

I'm Not Dead has been replaced?
    And these new awful songs are on the setlist? Girl bye!!

And where the hell is Sober?
    "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Mon June 17th, 2019, 19:37

Could live without Just like Fire but judging from the YT Videos the show looks amazing in a stadium
    Happy that Can we Pretend was added

Wonder where it's best to stand in the FOS area?

Roadie
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

by » Mon June 17th, 2019, 19:42

This woman puts on a SHOW.
    I stopped listening to her after 'Funhouse' but geez...she seems to just put all her creative energy in her performances now, and it shows and pays off!

by » Mon June 17th, 2019, 21:20

The fact that this tour is likely set to become the 3rd highest grossing female tour OF ALL TIME (only behind Madonna's "Sticky & Sweet" and Taylor's "Reputation" Tours) when all is said and done.

Impact
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 10:51

Okay, so here my review/experience of the show of last Sunday at the Johan Cruyff Arena in Amsterdam. It was my first concert in a long time and my first time seeing P!nk. I have followed P!nk since Get The Party Started and ever since I Always had this unique connection. I wasn't really a superfan, but the years passed by and everytime she kept releasing great singles and albums. Especially since BT and H2B Human, I became a massive fan. So I knew I had to go to this concert. I don't really have friends/relatives that are into this kind of music, so the only choice I had was going alone. Especially since the last time she came was 6 years ago, and her pushing 40 soon, I knew I had to be there, cuz you don't know how long she can still do these amazing acrobathics. Anyways, I went and yes in the beginning it was a bit strange. I sat down on my chair and I felt some people staring at me. But quickly I thought: I deserve to be here too and I'm not gonna feel uncomfortable because of those. I took some beer and I had the most fun since like forever. I even danced at some point and I forget about caring about anyone else. For someone who can be quite insecure and care about the opinion of others, I felt that I conquered that that night. Now 2 days after I feel like a totally new person. I am grateful for every moment this experience gave me. At some point the person next to me (from which I bought the ticket through a reseller) said to me: very brave that you came alone. And that after a few inspirational songs like Fuckin Perfect and What About Us.

Anyways, regarding the show, vocals and performance were top-notch. Overall the setlist was good, but I wish she performed some more album cuts from the last 2 albums. I knew beforehand that the focus would be primarily on the hits, so I was so happy when Wrabel came on stage to join her "90 Days". Probably her new single, since today a music video for this song will come out. Although not a fave of the H2B album, "Can We Pretend" became one of the highlights of the night. The electric guitar outro was just mindblowing. She also performed an acoustic version of "Walk Me Home". She even did sing it a bit different than the studio version, which made it spontaneous. And that was one of the few moments disappointingly. There was nearly no interaction with the crowd apart from are you all having fun?! It was a fully staged 2-hour show in which 24 songs had to be performed. It was in essence just one song after the other. Also, the sound quality in the Arena was not the best. But I knew that beforehand. The crowd was however massive, 52.000 people. It was impressive looking at the arena and seeing so many people coming together.
    Altogether, it was a great night. On my way to the train station I listed to "The Last Song of Your Life". It was so great to have this intimate moment with yourself while everybody is walking around you in groups and making noise. I really had to cancel it out to reflect on what I had just experienced. It was magical.

Manager
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Wed June 19th, 2019, 01:10

Well, it looks like she’s definitely going to end up grossing 320+ million when it’s all said and done. I am, however, afraid that it’s going to be a while until she releases a new album, hits the road again. I’m guessing 2023-4.

Legend
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

by » Wed June 19th, 2019, 02:48

other than BR, is she extending her LatAm trek?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Thu June 20th, 2019, 17:04

'Glitter In The Air' was not performed on the second European date, in Dublin. :( Kinda hoping it was due to a curfew?
    I really need to hear that song live so she better adds it back to the setlist!

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Fri June 21st, 2019, 15:53

My first Pink concert and it was ruined. I blame the venue, it had a massive tent in the way of the stage so if you weren't close to the stage is was pretty much blocked. I barely got to see her. Probably my fault for arriving late but still...

She was on point though, her vocals were so so good! I wish she performed more in the air though

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Sat June 22nd, 2019, 10:14

'Barbies' was put back on the setlist But 'Glitter In The Air' is nowhere to be seen after the Amsterdam show Kinda hope both songs will be part of the setlist from now on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sat June 22nd, 2019, 11:21

All of these glowing reviews have got me excited. Roll on August!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Fri July 5th, 2019, 22:02

Good news are that 'Glitter In The Air' is back on the setlist since the London shows I've been waiting 11 years to hear that song live finally!

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Thu July 11th, 2019, 04:06

P!nk's show at Wembley was the second time I was able to watch a concert in that venue (after the Spice Girls). Upon seeing the concert goers, I was shocked to see that she really has a huge demographic of fans! I was surprised to see older audiences (probably in their fifties or sixties) wearing P!nk shirts going to the arena. There were also a lot of young girls there.

She has definitely put up the most entertaining show ever. Even with the simplest set ups for some songs, she puts on a show. Now I know why she has continuously slayed in terms of audience gross. She really is the best female live performer! She naturally connects with the audience with her jokes and spiels, it felt like she was a friend. It's weird because she looks intimidating but she has that warm personality on stage.

I was in that London show where she made a mistake in singing the first line of "Just Give Me a Reason" and asked her band to redo it. Very funny moment! That video montage she put up (which used her VMA vanguard speech) was so empowering, and it didn't look so forced.

I also loved that she didn't take so much time preparing for the encore. I was surprised she did "Glitter in the Air" again. I thought she was going to sing another big UK hit like "Most Girls", "Don't Let Me Get Me" or "God Is a DJ".

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Sat July 13th, 2019, 11:13

so, finally I saw the Beautiful Trauma Tour live! still can't believe that P!nk was only 2 metres away from me.

I started queuing at about 2pm. There weren't many people waiting and once the door opened at 5pm, there were a few more but not too crowded.
    I got to the front row to that part where she is singing the acoustic set.

The opening acts were not my thing, the DJ played some Madonna and Charli XCX, so I was alright with him, though.
    P!nk started in time at 9pm.

She had a great energy throughout the show.
    My favorite performances of the night were : Just Like A Pill, Just Give Me A Reason, What About Us, Raise Your Glass, Blow Me One Last Kiss, So What and Glitter in the Air.

I didn't feel her cover of 'River. 'Time After Time' was beautiful, especially as lots of people sang along.

As for the performances, it was the typical P!nk energy you got from the show. She really puts on a great show and she is just an amazing performer (as @GetBack said, she IS the best live performer).

Of course I am still hyped and I had an amazing time there.

What was getting on my nerves unfortunately were some people around me.
    As I am tall (6'3, 194cm) people behind me usually complain. That one woman on Wednesday didn't complain but she asked if it's ok if we change positions, and if you ask me in a friendly way, I'm the last one to say no.
    But then of course the other people there wanted to be in front of me, too. I can understand where they are coming from but shall I miss the chance to be so close to P!nk (who is my second favorite artist ever!) ? I always think way too much about things like that , but I stayed in second row, though. During the show those girls were always hitting my back saying I should bend forward, they want to take pictures and so on...
    The girl in front of me was hit aswell when she was helding her mobile phone too high. She was almost starting a fight with the other girls. It was a strange situation!

Right after the concert I couldn't talk or walk properly anymore, had a sunburn and a headache but it was worth it.

But as a few days passed by and I reflected on the show, it definitely ISN'T her best tour and for some moments you see those parts were made for an ARENA show but NOT for a STADIUM concert. Maybe it's also because of the lack of certain songs and/or because she included the worst two songs from Beautiful Trauma ('Secrets' and 'For Now', the low point of the show, together with the 'RIVER' cover) but doesn't sing better tracks (anymore) like 'Revenge' and 'Barbies'.

I am going to see her one more time in Frankfurt on July 22 and I will have a seat there, which I am pretty excited about as well because you see the concert from another perspective.
    For the Munich shows however, I am currently trying to sell my tickets.

I filmed three songs to put on my YouTube channel. 'Just Like A Pill', 'Try' and 'So What':

Spoiler!

Oh, and I don't really care if she recycles that 'So What' flying performance all over again, it's just a perfect performance. And I've already seen this performance on the TTALT back in 2013 but it looks even better in the stadium! Everyone went nuts.
    Last edited by luckyONE; Sat July 13th, 2019 at 11:18.

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Sun July 14th, 2019, 03:11

Quote Originally Posted by luckyONE View Post
    What was getting on my nerves unfortunately were some people around me.
    As I am tall (6'3, 194cm) people behind me usually complain. That one woman on Wednesday didn't complain but she asked if it's ok if we change positions, and if you ask me in a friendly way, I'm the last one to say no.
    But then of course the other people there wanted to be in front of me, too. I can understand where they are coming from but shall I miss the chance to be so close to P!nk (who is my second favorite artist ever!) ? I always think way too much about things like that , but I stayed in second row, though. During the show those girls were always hitting my back saying I should bend forward, they want to take pictures and so on...
    The girl in front of me was hit aswell when she was helding her mobile phone too high. She was almost starting a fight with the other girls. It was a strange situation!
    You are so tall! I had a blast reading your review, I felt the same way with the audience that went to her tour. SHe has so many aggressive fans!

There were some (I don't wan to describe them because I might sound politically incorrect and get warned here) who didn't even know how to follow protocol. SOme were even smoking when it was prohibited to do so. She has so many wild bully type of fans in the audience.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 17:05

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack View Post
    You are so tall! I had a blast reading your review, I felt the same way with the audience that went to her tour. SHe has so many aggressive fans!

There were some (I don't wan to describe them because I might sound politically incorrect and get warned here) who didn't even know how to follow protocol. SOme were even smoking when it was prohibited to do so. She has so many wild bully type of fans in the audience.
    I get what you mean and you're right. That's just a no go for a concert. Certain people can't behave.

Anyway, I won't sell my tickets for Munich, I found someone to join me. So another time Front Of Stage for me!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Tue July 23rd, 2019, 11:11

I saw the show once again yesterday in Frankfurt! This time I had a seat and it was awesome to see the show from another point of view this time - really enjoyed the concert a lot, but still, the lows are definitely 'Secrets', 'River' and 'For Now'.

This time I filmed these three songs for YouTube:

Spoiler!

My favorite moment of the concert yesterday was when she was singing 'Glitter In The Air', carrying a rainbow flag. Yes, I cried!

Looking forward to see the concert this Friday for the third and last time. Front Of Stage again.

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

by » Tue July 23rd, 2019, 16:59

I would never call Secrets a low cause it seems to be one of the best songs in the setlist.
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Fri July 26th, 2019, 05:55

Last show for me tonight. Off to Munich soon.

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Fri July 26th, 2019, 13:45

Wow! luckyONE, I'm sure you had a blast again. I can't wait to go back to Europe and watch my favorite artists!

Manager
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Sat July 27th, 2019, 04:19

Where is she now when it comes to total tour gross? Did she pass 200 million $?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Mon July 29th, 2019, 19:52

My last show of the beautiful trauma stadium tour was amazing.
    Actually, it was my favorite concert out of all the other concerts.

I've been able to enjoy the concert a lot more this time around as I had Front Of Stage tickets (just like on my first show) but I didn't go there until 1 hour before the show started. I wasn't front row but I had some space around me, had drunk enough water throughout the day and was just so ready for my last P!nk concert for possibly a few years.

This time I only filmed 'Get The Party Started' (the opening) and enjoyed the rest of the show.

It started to rain when she sang 'What About Us'/'For Now' and wow that was such a moment.

My highlights this time were : Beautiful Trauma, Just Like A Pill, Who Knew, Try, Just Give Me A Reason, What About Us, F**kin' Perfect, Raise Your Glass, Blow Me One Last Kiss, So What and Glitter In The Air.

I heard my favorite P!nk song three times this year, so happy.