Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Puth - Voicenotes

Superstar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 12-05-18, 00:39

Decent pop album that feels like a body of work which is rare in pop world today.
    B. get off my pole!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 12-05-18, 12:18

Quote Originally Posted by harryk
    Okay just need to get this off my chest real quick. As much as I like Charlie and his new record I absolutely hate that he calls songs or tracks "records". Always

Just say "song", Charlie..... Or "track"

Record should stand for album only, I've now watched a few interviews with him and it's driving me insane!
    He should say recording, record is indeed for album
    As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles

Legend
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 12-05-18, 13:52

Album is quite nice, it doesn;t have 12 more Attentions but it's still good, he found his sound.

My only problem are (beside that biim ballad) some lyrics, i don't like the fact that he tried to make woke song with Change, it has nice melody but lyrics are very try hard, it's like he is forcing himself to do it so he could earn some more respect and acclaim as adult artist...

Same in The way i am and last song when he is bitching about his life and struggles a celebrity... You simply can't write those lyrics so early in your career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 13-05-18, 02:27

The album is very good, listened to it front to back at least 10 times these past two days. The songs have something addictive about them

Legend
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 13-05-18, 12:15

It's good that he moved on from that horrible Meghan Trainor-esque faux Motown thing he was doing, this era is ten times cooler. Just listened to the album and it's a really solid pop record - Done For Me is still my favourite.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 14-05-18, 12:41

I really hope that this tops the 200 this upcoming Sunday. Charlie really is a good guy and deserves that honor. I mean, if his singles don't make the top 10 at least his albums are hits. Nine Track Mind was also a great album.

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 14-05-18, 14:05

Quote Originally Posted by PerKitty
    I really hope that this tops the 200 this upcoming Sunday. Charlie really is a good guy and deserves that honor. I mean, if his singles don't make the top 10 at least his albums are hits. Nine Track Mind was also a great album.
    I think this will flop. There is no hype for him sadly. He should've released this after Attention.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 14-05-18, 21:16

Quote Originally Posted by Westen
    My only problem are (beside that biim ballad) some lyrics, i don't like the fact that he tried to make woke song with Change, it has nice melody but lyrics are very try hard, it's like he is forcing himself to do it so he could earn some more respect and acclaim as adult artist...
    Change is one of the best songs on the album IMO. Lyrics are the strong point there.
    My personal chart And Madonna enters... at #... - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 16-05-18, 09:04

So they even had a complete booklet ready with the new cover, a mess

Legend
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 16-05-18, 09:12

^ Mess!

The new cover really grew on me and i prefer it to the old one now. So it would have been nice to have the new one on the physical CD as well

Legend
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 16-05-18, 09:22

Like I said, everything was probably done in January, including printing of the album...

Legend
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 16-05-18, 09:23

Btw I really love album now. There is no another Attention, but abum sure feels like a cohesive work, it feels like an album, and i love that.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 16-05-18, 09:26

Like I said, everything was probably done in January, including printing of the album...
    What was he doing when he posted footage from the studio? Like why go through so much trouble if everything was already ready, such a weird album campaign

Im a duty manager now bitchessss
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fiat 500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 16-05-18, 17:06

So much of his album definitely echoes the classic rock/pop songs of the past; I feel like Charlie is a good artist to use when helping older people to get into today's music a little more.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 16-05-18, 19:08

Alliecat, I like your input.

Yes. Charlie's one of the artists of today that I am enjoying. I like how his material sounds old-fashioned but at the same time so modern and so young! haha He's definitely a blast from the past. He's in the same league now as Sam Smith, Adele, and Bruno Mars for me. All are modern artists yet captivate us people who love the classics.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 20-05-18, 03:15

I am really loving these two:

The Way I Am

and

BOY.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 20-05-18, 20:16

It's this album really not getting the attention(no pun intended) it deserves? I don't follow charts, but I know good music when I hear it. This is really an enjoyable album and I'm 44 yrs old lol

Legend
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 20-05-18, 20:20

Quote Originally Posted by madgikman
    It's this album really not getting the attention(no pun intended) it deserves? I don't follow charts, but I know good music when I hear it. This is really an enjoyable album and I'm 44 yrs old lol
    Chart wise it might peak higher everywhere but he'll need hit for it to stick around. unfortunately it wasn't released on the back of a hit. For some reason Done for me is not supported on Spotify, and it reached #6 on itunes last week.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 20-05-18, 20:38

Chart wise it might peak higher everywhere but he'll need hit for it to stick around. unfortunately it wasn't released on the back of a hit. For some reason Done for me is not supported on Spotify, and it reached #6 on itunes last week.
    Not that I follow metacrtic, but he only scored a 67. I thought the album would've been received better. I kind of feel bad for him, cuz I think he's pretty talented.

Legend
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 20-05-18, 20:45

Not that I follow metacrtic, but he only scored a 67. I thought the album would've been received better. I kind of feel bad for him, cuz I think he's pretty talented.

That's actually amazing score, coming after the lat album. He only started rebuilding his image and artistry, so it will take time for him to be accepted for his talent. SO far, Attention and the album did amazing job, i started paying attention to him because of this era, and I LOVE album.