X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • breatheonme
    Superstar
    • 16 Nov 2011

Originally posted by JakeP
    I think greek_boy was just pointing out how much slicker the camera edits were when they did the rehearsals for Replay. Nothing to do with Tamta.
    Oh so the artist doesn't do the rehearsals? I am confused now

Comment

• beredy
      Legend
      • 09 Nov 2010

Originally posted by LotsOfLove
      First batch of rehearsals are done with stand ins. This allows teams to know how their performance looks in general on cam even before they come to the venue and they can already make adjustments.

Comment

• breatheonme
        Superstar
        • 16 Nov 2011

Great! Didn't know that.

Thanks

Comment

• heppolo
          Legend
          • 17 May 2009

the clownery continues
          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• JakeP
            Superstar
            • 19 Aug 2013

Deary me why is it so difficult for these jurors to list their favourites in order from 1st to last? Surely common sense would tell these people 1st is your favourite, not the song listed bottom.

What a shambles.

Comment

• Tansike
              Site Supporter
              • 28 Jan 2012

Some interesting things about the impact of the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 on the Swiss Charts:

1) Four entries are in the Top10 and a fifth in the Top20, making the 2019 edition tied with 1976 as the contest with the biggest impact on the official Swiss Charts since they started in 1968

2) Luca Hänni is only the second Swiss contestant to reach number one on the Swiss Charts. Pepe Lienhard Band's "Swiss Lady" was the only one so far in 1977

3) "She Got Me" is only the tenth song from the ESC reaching the top spot of the Swiss Charts. The others were: Vicky Leandros' "Aprés toi" (1972), ABBA's "Waterloo" (1974), Teach-In's "Ding-A-Dong" (1975), Lynsey de Paul & Mike Moran's "Rock Bottom" (1977), the already mentioned "Swiss Lady" (1977), Nicole's "Ein bisschen Frieden" (1982), Lena's "Satellite" (2010), Loreen's "Euphoria" (2012) and Mans' "Heroes" (2015)

4) Mahmood's "Soldi" jumps 100-5 on the latest Swiss Charts, giving him the biggest jump ever in the Swiss Charts history

5) Luca Hänni becomes the first artist from 'DSDS' (German Idol) with two number one hits

6) The compilation for the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 reaches #1 on the Swiss Compilation Charts, becoming the first one to do so

source for most of these things: Newsletter of swisscharts.com

A great week for the ESC in my country

Comment

• Mainshow
                Legend
                • 06 Apr 2012

Wow that's incredible!

I'm so happy for Lucca! He deserves it! Hopefully, he can release a new single or even an album soon!

Whilst only 3 entries made the German Single Charts,(#26 The Netherlands, #32 Italy, #62 Switzerland), we can find 10 Eurovision Songs on the official German Download Chart:

#2 The Netherlands
                #7 Norway
                #11 Switzerland
                #13 Italy
                (#24 Madonna - Future)
                #32 Sweden
                #34 Slovenia
                #68 Azerbaijan
                #79 Germany (New entry.. Hasn't charted anywhere before)
                #83 Denmark
                #96 Australia

Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• greek_boy
                  Legend
                  • 08 Aug 2006

Comment

• greek_boy
                    Legend
                    • 08 Aug 2006

Originally posted by Tansike
                    Some interesting things about the impact of the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 on the Swiss Charts:

1) Four entries are in the Top10 and a fifth in the Top20, making the 2019 edition tied with 1976 as the contest with the biggest impact on the official Swiss Charts since they started in 1968

2) Luca Hänni is only the second Swiss contestant to reach number one on the Swiss Charts. Pepe Lienhard Band's "Swiss Lady" was the only one so far in 1977

3) "She Got Me" is only the tenth song from the ESC reaching the top spot of the Swiss Charts. The others were: Vicky Leandros' "Aprés toi" (1972), ABBA's "Waterloo" (1974), Teach-In's "Ding-A-Dong" (1975), Lynsey de Paul & Mike Moran's "Rock Bottom" (1977), the already mentioned "Swiss Lady" (1977), Nicole's "Ein bisschen Frieden" (1982), Lena's "Satellite" (2010), Loreen's "Euphoria" (2012) and Mans' "Heroes" (2015)

4) Mahmood's "Soldi" jumps 100-5 on the latest Swiss Charts, giving him the biggest jump ever in the Swiss Charts history

5) Luca Hänni becomes the first artist from 'DSDS' (German Idol) with two number one hits

6) The compilation for the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 reaches #1 on the Swiss Compilation Charts, becoming the first one to do so

source for most of these things: Newsletter of swisscharts.com

A great week for the ESC in my country

wow, thanks for posting! How's she Got Me doing on the radio?

Comment

• Mainshow
                      Legend
                      • 06 Apr 2012

Originally posted by greek_boy
                      wow, thanks for posting! How's she Got Me doing on the radio?
                      It just got a new peak and is #11 this week
                      Aufsteiger der Woche und Top 100 Airplay Charts Schweiz Gesamt.
                      Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• heppolo
                        Legend
                        • 17 May 2009

the last place in the Grand Final's televoting in some countries
                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• ConstantinosV
                          Personal Assistant
                          • 07 Nov 2013

Originally posted by Mainshow
                          The Lithuanian broadcaster has reach out to the European Broadcasting Union demanding some clarification and answers.
                          The Head of the Lithuanian delegation thinks that some sort of financial compensation for the singer and the songwriters could be possible.

https://eurovoix.com/2019/05/27/lith...lian-televote/
                          Wooow Pulling some strings huh? Why not? Good option.

Comment

• ConstantinosV
                            Personal Assistant
                            • 07 Nov 2013

Originally posted by LotsOfLove
                            They do rehearse only twice. But the cuts for the performance were very certain, but we never saw it on TV cuz they screwed everything. I dont know if it was Tamta or the production, but one of them screwed big time. The looks in the camera were wrong/almost never happened. The symmetry with those bright lines at the back that tamta should be balancing between them, never happened. And lastly the ******* replay was worse than playing League of legends with poor internet connection.

Comment

• beredy
                              Legend
                              • 09 Nov 2010

Originally posted by ConstantinosV
                              They do rehearse only twice.
                              Not true. Already posted this but here it is again: ESC 2019 Rehearsal schedule

So for the semi they have 2 30 min rehearsals where they can do multiple performances with different options (camera, movements, etc.) Whatever they want. Then they have 3 full show dress rehearsals and they can still tweak things.

And if they go to the finals they also get 3 dress rehearsals.

I don't know how many rehearsals you need but at least 4-6 regular ones and 6 dress rehearsals are more than enough. If you can't get it, then sorry girl.

Cyprus has been ******* with that replay thing a lot and changing when and how it happens (not the organisers fault, it's what Cyprus wanted), so blame them.

Comment

• ConstantinosV
                                Personal Assistant
                                • 07 Nov 2013

Originally posted by beredy
                                Not true. Already posted this but here it is again: ESC 2019 Rehearsal schedule

So for the semi they have 2 30 min rehearsals where they can do multiple performances with different options (camera, movements, etc.) Whatever they want. Then they have 3 full show dress rehearsals and they can still tweak things.

And if they go to the finals they also get 3 dress rehearsals.

I don't know how many rehearsals you need but at least 4-6 regular ones and 6 dress rehearsals are more than enough. If you can't get it, then sorry girl.

Cyprus has been ******* with that replay thing a lot and changing when and how it happens (not the organisers fault, it's what Cyprus wanted), so blame them.
                                Oh didnt know about the dress rehearsals. Despite the replay thing, other things went wrong as well. I dont know who's fault it is. But it was a huge fail. Still they got a decent ranking..

Comment

• beredy
                                  Legend
                                  • 09 Nov 2010

If there was a big mistake on the organisers part, countries get offered to perform again after the last song finishes. So if some things were off it's more likely Tamta and her co performers didn't perform on the beat.

Comment

• greek_boy
                                    Legend
                                    • 08 Aug 2006

Originally posted by heppolo
                                    the last place in the Grand Final's televoting in some countries

Greece was a massive flop in televoting wow!

San Marino flopped in the televoting of countries with large Turkish diaspora, another proof that San Marino didn't do well because Serhat was Turkish!

Comment

• greek_boy
                                      Legend
                                      • 08 Aug 2006

Originally posted by beredy

I don't know why they ****ed it up (the replay effect), it looked perfect in the stand-in rehearsals. I think it would have elevated the performance if they had included it. Sacha didn't do a good job this year and I hope Cyprus tries another formula/concept next year.

Comment

• JakeP
                                        Superstar
                                        • 19 Aug 2013

Love this.

Comment

• flopho
                                          Legend
                                          • 02 Sep 2012

"I'm only a friend"

Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

Working...