Mentioned
    154 Post(s)

by » Fri February 2nd, 2018, 21:07

5. Kate Nash - Call Me

You can call me baby
    When you feel like that
    Call me, call me, call me, you will call me
    You know I'll get right back

Kate's career has gone in a weird path, and her recent output has been hit-or-miss for me. This song turned out to be one of the best things she's ever done! It's a shame she's become so irrelevant in the mainstream world because the world needs a song so positive, warm, cuddly and genuine. I love the structure and the stark contrast between the verses, the buildup and the chorus.

Legend
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)

by » Fri February 2nd, 2018, 21:13

4. Rae Morris - Do It

And if you've gone cold, you don't let it show
    There's a deeper place that we can both go
    You tell me that I'm wild eyed, baby you're just being kind
    Never going outside, we are working overtime

Rae's debut album felt a bit basic for me, so at first I wasn't even interested in hearing her new stuff. Heard this by accident and fell in love instantly. It's a carpe diem type of song, full of lush and dreamy layers, while the repetition in the chorus makes you want to dance and feel happy and carefree. One more underrated should-have-been hit of 2017. I've been replaying it like crazy and I wish more people would.

Legend
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)

by » Fri February 2nd, 2018, 21:24

3. Austra - I Love You More Than You Love Yourself

The past, how thick it grows
    Shakes up what you didn’t know
    Proceeding, try a little bit harder, baby
    You’re indifferent
    You’re a stranger to what makes you feel good

Austra released the best song of their career with this one. Not only is the video brilliant - depicting the story of astronaut Lisa Nowak (google her) and casting light on the issue of depression - but the song itself is so well written, packed with emotion, and unique because of the singer's haunting vocals. This was a contender for SOTY at one point, but alas, two other songs beat it when they came out.

CAN YOU GUESS THE TOP 2?

by » Tue February 6th, 2018, 17:53

Weren't familiar with the recent three tracks

Kate Nash - Call Me - this is good, although I feel like the chorus is a bit underwhelming. The verses are much stronger imo, haven't listened to her in years btw
    Rae Morris - Do It - Oh wait, I've actually heard this before as I've seen it quite a lot on different charts here and a few people mentioning her, interestingly it never clicked with me until now, can see this growing on me a lot and ending up on my 2018 chart #lateho
    Austra - I Love You More Than You Love Yourself - wow, this song really hits the nail on the head, brilliant lyrics, and voice too! I'm not too keen on the production though but still, all things considered, a strong track.
    ˇEh, mamá!
    Me quiero matar
    El mundo se va a la mierda
    Y no he hecho nada

Legend
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)

by » Wed February 7th, 2018, 23:19

2. Miley Cyrus - Younger Now

Feels like I just woke up
    Like all this time I've been asleep
    Even though it's not who I am
    I'm not afraid of who I used to be

From the opening lines, this song became a fave. Honestly words cannot describe how much I relate to this one, feels as if the lyrics were written for me not only is this a pop gem musically, its video is so surreal and dreamy, and its lyrics are comforting, happy and hopeful. I wish I could translate all my emotions and thoughts that occur while I listen to this, but alas I can't. I relate to this because I feel I have changed a lot AND I actually do feel younger now than ever before... however, at the same time, this song is a good empowerment song for those who feel that nothing will ever change - it really will eventually! No need to mention that this song flopping is one of the worst musical moments of 2017.

Legend
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)

by » Wed February 7th, 2018, 23:32

1. Miley Cyrus - Malibu

We are just like the waves that flow back and forth
    Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning and you're there to save me
    And I wanna thank you with all of my heart
    It's a brand new start
    A dream come true
    In Malibu

Another one by Miley, I know. This song was a love at first listen. The structure and production are simply perfect - sunny, breezy, country-tinged, yet still very pop. Something about the whole sound (probably influenced by the video) feels cathartic and gives me this feeling of freedom and happiness. It's a very summery song and I replayed it like crazy this summer. The bridge (basically the "aaaah" part ) is no less than gorgeous, her vocals are emotive and warm, and the lyrics are pretty, but not cheesy (well, for me at least). Anyway, glad this one was at least a hit, it totally deserved it. Miley made me a fan with this album and its two singles!

Thanks to those few who kept on following me till the end! I planned to end this by January, but my new job started and a whole bunch of life changes with it, so this was dragged on and people lost interest. Oh well, it's here now and whoever's curious can find it!

There will be no album countdown after all since I haven't listened to a lot of them and no one cares at this point.

Legend
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

by » Sat February 10th, 2018, 07:51

WHAT?!?!

NO WAY!!!!!! Miley taking out the #1 and #2 spot!!!!!!! I am SHOOK.

Hahaha babe, I had no idea you enjoyed both of her singles that much!

Thank-you for your countdown (I know you got a bit busy, which is perfectly ok, that happens <3). But I really enjoyed it and thank-you for letting me be apart of it!

5. Kate Nash - Call Me

^ Checked out this song as well, as I don't know Kate Nash very well still at all. I enjoyed it . Bit summery isn't it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoney
    So does her microphone

Legend
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)

by » Sat February 10th, 2018, 08:08

Oh sweetie, thank YOU for actually following this till the end with interest and even playing some new songs, I really appreciate it <3

by » Sat February 10th, 2018, 12:47

Didn't know you stan Miley so much! Malibu is the track I've heard before, it's a cute song and I prefer her current "image", however I feel like songs like We Can't Stop/Wrecking Ball were stronger.
    Haven't heard Younger Now before, I liked it! Might even enjoy this one more than Malibu, although I guess the same goes for this, good but she can do better.
    ˇEh, mamá!
    Me quiero matar
    El mundo se va a la mierda
    Y no he hecho nada

Legend
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)

by » Sat February 10th, 2018, 23:08

Quote Originally Posted by Biebz
    Are you UKMIX's #1 Miley stan now or something?
    probably yeah, this new album converted me and all her live performances are amazing - absolutely love her voice and style now. I admit the change does feel extreme when compared to her previous two albums, but I think it was genuine because even her past live performances showed that she had this in her. she gets so much unfair hate nowadays, especially on ukmix

not only the original stuff, but even her covers like No Freedom or Landslide are stunning

still, Malibu and Younger Now are just perfection, I'd even tie them as #1 sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by flopho
    Didn't know you stan Miley so much! Malibu is the track I've heard before, it's a cute song and I prefer her current "image", however I feel like songs like We Can't Stop/Wrecking Ball were stronger.
    Haven't heard Younger Now before, I liked it! Might even enjoy this one more than Malibu, although I guess the same goes for this, good but she can do better.
    these are deffo superior to the Bangerz stuff. WCS and WB were bops, but give me no feels. Tho I still love to play WCS and not to mention Adore You, which is excellent

Legend
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)

by » Sun February 18th, 2018, 22:14

"Do It" is such a fun, catchy bop! I love it.

"Younger Now" is decent. Miley's latest project didn't really connect with me save for...

"Malibu" is gorgeous. It's so simple (the chorus is literally a short sentence), but equally as endearing. It's one of her best songs, and I wish it were an even bigger hit than it was. Great #1!
    You have the luxury of choosing loneliness. For some people, it’s not an option.

Legend
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

by » Wed March 14th, 2018, 12:20

YESSS... first Selena, then Miley... you're slowly coming to the dark side of former disney stars

Love to see that Top2. Miley really delivered last year and i'm shocked how she still flopped. Okay, "Malibu" was a hit for her, but it deserved even more, and "Younger Now" should have been another moderate or even big hit for her. No idea what went wrong there. Pop at its best for sure.

by » Sun December 9th, 2018, 22:06

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    I think there won't be an album countdown because I don't enjoy full albums like I used to. I'll still think about it.
    Oh any idea why?

Legend
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)

by » Mon December 10th, 2018, 01:35

Quote Originally Posted by KokoCollino
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    I think there won't be an album countdown because I don't enjoy full albums like I used to. I'll still think about it.
    Oh any idea why?
    I’ve become a basic bitch that listens to singles on yt instead of full albums