Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tansike's Year-End Charts 2017

Legend
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

by » Wed December 27th, 2017, 00:10

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    "Get Low" is great! I agree that it should've been a much bigger hit.
    YES! Underrated bop

Quote Originally Posted by Blondini
    Amy Lee completely lost me this year.
    *i've not unsubscribed but i'm this close...*

I like Marina Kaye, as usual.
    Aww :( Very sad to hear this! I thought "Speak To Me" was very beautiful :(

That's nice to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by UKMusicLova
    'I Would Like' is a banger!
    Agree! Glad you like it as well

Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    annnndddddd there he is again

94. Zedd & Liam Payne – Get Low
    EPIC tune. Deserved so much for success. They really made a gem and I'm surprised it turned out so well.

[quote:iu7j6fxi]91. Kristian Kostov – Beautiful Mess
    Went and listened to this song.....and ITS AH-MAZ-INGGGGG [/quote:iu7j6fxi]

Very happy you also enjoy "Get Low". Still can't believe it wasn't a hit

Also glad you checked out "Beautiful Mess" and liked it! A highlight of this years ESC

by » Wed December 27th, 2017, 02:08

Ain't My Fault is a highlight for sure.
    2017 will be known as the year I got into Eurovision so I'll give it a mention. It is memorable.
    Most weeks at #1: Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You
    Highest peaking classical music piece: Beethoven - Ode to Joy

Legend
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

by » Wed December 27th, 2017, 11:49

Quote Originally Posted by BageTheLaVie
    Ain't My Fault is a highlight for sure.
    2017 will be known as the year I got into Eurovision so I'll give it a mention. It is memorable.
    That's amazing! I'm always looking so forward to the ESC week every year <3

Legend
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

by » Wed December 27th, 2017, 12:03

S I N G L E S . . Y E A R - E N D . . C H A R T S . . 2 0 1 7

90. Loreen & Elliphant – Jungle

Chartrun: *10*-20-22-11-13-17-24-32-39-40-Out / 10w
    Certification: -
    Loreen teamed up with fellow Swedish musician Elliphant on her second “Nude”-single “Jungle”. Despite peaking only at #10 on the weekly chart, which was a new all time low at this point for Loreen, the song still managed to hang on longer than previous single “Body”. Great pop track. Audio
    89. Eluveitie – Rebirth

Chartrun: 5-*3*-6-13-17-24-36-Out / 7w
    After releasing an acoustic work in the middle of 2017, the Swiss folk-metal band Eluveitie already released the first single of their upcoming new metal album in late 2017 in the form of “Rebirth”, which is actually everything that fans of this genre could imagine. Folk elements, clear vocals from a woman, growls from a man, guitar solo, flutes, a hurdy-gurdy, a lot of head-banging and still being a catchy tune. Music Video
    88. Fifth Harmony feat. Gucci Mane – Down

Chartrun: *13*-14-20-22-21-24-28-39-Out-RE 29-26-32-Out / 11w
    It doesn’t happen too often that a song misses the weekly Top10 but still manages to get a spot on the Year-End Charts, but in 2017, a few actually did it, with “Down” by Fifth Harmony and Gucci Mane being one of them. This catchy urban-bop may be a little copy of their own “Work From Home”, but it still bops. Their best single in 2017. Music Video
    87. Lorde – Green Light

Chartrun: *6*-16-37-Out-RE 22-12-11-18-27-35-Out / 9w
    Lorde returned to the charts in 2017 with her second album “Melodrama”, which has spawned three singles so far. “Green Light” was the first and most successful one so far. The others were “Perfect Places” and “Homemade Dynamite”, which made it to #114 and #112 on the bubbling under chart. Music Video
    86. Kygo & Selena Gomez – It Ain’t Me

Chartrun: *1*-3-9-19-28-33-31-28-32-Out / 9w
    The first weekly number one hit on the Year-End Charts is “It Ain’t Me”, the surprising collaboration of Norwegian DJ/Producer Kygo and former Disney cutie Selena Gomez. This collaboration definitely came out of nowhere back when it got announced, and I still remember so well how I waited impatiently for this to get released, only to be impressed by how well it performed. It’s Selena’s biggest hit in Europe to date. No surprise though, as it’s a catchy, modern dance-song. Already Kygo’s last appearance on the countdown, while Selena’s first of four. Music Video

Legend
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

by » Wed December 27th, 2017, 12:04

85. Lady GaGa – John Wayne

Chartrun: *1*-4-8-12-21-30-32-35-Out / 8w
    Was it a single or not? We probably will never find it out, but Lady GaGa has released a video for “John Wayne” in 2017, which was enough for me to let this song onto my weekly chart. It may be not a highlight on “Joanne”, but it’s still a catchy tune from her, and the video was finally a strong one from her again. Music Video
    84. Zara Larsson – Don’t Let Me Be Yours

Chartrun: *13*-26-40-37-31-24-20-23-27-36-Out-RE 13-20-37-Out / 13w
    Already Zara’s second appearance, and definitely not her last. “Don’t Let Me Be Yours” was the seventh single of “So Good”. It’s her only song from the album which didn’t make it onto my weekly Top10, however it still showed great longevity, peaking at #13 in its debut week and re-peaked there a few months later due to a concert effect. This Ed Sheeran-written pop song is way too catchy and should have been another hit for her. Music Video
    83. Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me

Chartrun: 10-19-35-Out-RE 12-14-*9*-16-25-Out / 8w
    Being released as a promo single at first and later being picked as the second official single of her newest album, “Tell Me You Love Me” is Demi’s only appearance on the Year-End Charts 2017. This ballad is typical Demi; strong vocals and a good melody. Personally, it’s even the highlight of her album, which turned out stronger than expected. Official Video
    82. Tarja with Alissa White-Gluz – Demons In You

Chartrun in 2016: *1*-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-2-3-5- / 11w
    Chartrun in 2017: 8-7-11-15-16-21-27-25-30-Out / 9w
    Certification: PLATINUM
    Ranking in the YEC 2016: #10
    A contender for the number one spot on the Year-End Charts 2016, and still in the Top100 on the Year-End Charts 2017. “Demons In You” was a single of Tarja’s latest rock album “The Shadow Self” and a highlight from the start, so my joy about it being a single was so incredibly huge. With seven weeks on top, it’s Tarja’s longest running number one single by far, however, it still only spent 20 weeks in total on the Singles Top40. Audio
    81. Lindsey Stirling feat. Becky G – Christmas C’mon

Chartrun: 5-*2*-3-3-3- / 5w
    Lindsey’s Christmas single “Christmas C’mon” closes this batch. Being still very current, this song has spent its entire chart life in the weekly Top5 so far, but will most likely be vanished pretty soon as the festive season is over now. A very sweet original song with a just as sweet video.

Legend
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

by » Wed December 27th, 2017, 12:08

Good combo, it really delivered.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Legend
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

by » Wed December 27th, 2017, 13:35

Demi is the only real highlight out of these songs. (some I still don’t know).

Surprised to see john Wayne chart anywhere. One of her worst songs alongside GUY.
    Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoney
    So does her microphone

by » Wed December 27th, 2017, 17:16

Interesting with the scoring change for older songs! So this will affect even "Spirit Animal" despite being released so late last year?

I'm not a big fan of the points system though, I think it gives too little difference between the #1 and #2 (just 2.6%) and hugely too big between #39 and #40 (100%). I haven't checked in detail how much this will affect the result in practice.

Nice presentation with the Genre Highlights and ecpecially nice to see Aly & AJ and Astrid S there!

My top favourites (songs having a good chance to chart in my own YEC top 200, or already did so in 2015-2016) from the first bubbling under batch:
    383. Beatrice Egli Herz an
    377. Levina Perfect Life
    376. Demy This Is Love
    362. Martina Stoessel Got Me Started
    341. Jana Bur?eska Dance Alone
    330. Koit Toome & Laura Verona
    295. Taylor Swift Call It What You Want
    255. Taylor Swift Gorgeous
    And from the second:
    246. Carrie Underwood Church Bells
    236. My Indigo Out Of The Darkness
    212. Emmelie De Forest Sanctuary
    205. Candi Carpenter Burn The Bed
    199. Anja Where I Am
    189. Lauren Alaina Road Less Traveled
    180. Aly & AJ Take Me
    167. Ariadne Feel Me Now
    159. Timebelle Apollo
    148. Svala Paper
    141. Astrid S Think Before I Talk
    126. Nina Kraljic Snijeg
    119. RaeLynn Love Triangle
    104. Carly Rae Jepsen Cut To The Feeling
    And from the Top 100 so far:
    96. Marina Kaye – Merci quand même
    92. Dihaj – Skeletons
    Looking forward to following the rest of the countdown, although after following your chart during the year there probably won't be any huge surprises..,

Legend
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)

by » Wed December 27th, 2017, 18:21

John Wayne was cute, an homage to ''fun Gaga'' kind of, but much like the rest of Joanne, it grew off me quickly

Demi's song is great, one of the few useable songs from that album

Superstar
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

by » Wed December 27th, 2017, 20:50

Lorde's definitely my biggest disappointment of the year. I really loved the "pure heroine" album but actually nothing really on "Melodrama" clicked with me.

But good to see "It Ain't Me" in your Top 100. I like that song!

cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Thu December 28th, 2017, 10:37

Lorde and Demi are definitely my standouts here, Demi delivered a really good album and that is a really strong title track.. Lorde was such a surprise but a completely great one.

Legend
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

by » Thu December 28th, 2017, 13:03

Quote Originally Posted by heppolo
    Good combo, it really delivered.
    Definitely! Still love to listen to this every now and then. Definitely Tarja's best single in ages!

Demi is the only real highlight out of these songs. (some I still don’t know).

Surprised to see john Wayne chart anywhere. One of her worst songs alongside GUY.
    Glad you enjoy Demi

Okay, i forgive you, because you're so cute. But "GUY" was dance pop at its best IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    Interesting with the scoring change for older songs! So this will affect even "Spirit Animal" despite being released so late last year?

I'm not a big fan of the points system though, I think it gives too little difference between the #1 and #2 (just 2.6%) and hugely too big between #39 and #40 (100%). I haven't checked in detail how much this will affect the result in practice.

Nice presentation with the Genre Highlights and ecpecially nice to see Aly & AJ and Astrid S there!
    Ha, you're good! Yes, it DOES affect "Spirit Animal"

I'm also not the biggest fan of the points system, but it's what worked the best for me for several years now. I already tried to include plays, or only plays, but it didn't work. And putting everything together the way i want (= how i like the songs) is simply too much of work for me. Also, it never happened that i was unhappy with the end result so far, except a very few songs in the Top100 every year, but i'd say 95% of the tracks are at the places they deserve, so it's all fine.

Thank you!
    Here's hope Astrid S will release an album in 2018, as i would love to hear that.

My top favourites (songs having a good chance to chart in my own YEC top 200, or already did so in 2015-2016) from the first bubbling under batch:

And from the second:
    104. Carly Rae Jepsen Cut To The Feeling
    Oh damn, i didn't see that mistake for Carly - thanks for pointing it out!
    I just copy & paste the lists from my YTD/YEC-Excel, so there are probably a very few other mistakes (i tried to clean it up as good as possible though).
    Nice to see there are a few tracks you enjoyed in 2017

And from the Top 100 so far:
    96. Marina Kaye – Merci quand même
    92. Dihaj – Skeletons
    Looking forward to following the rest of the countdown, although after following your chart during the year there probably won't be any huge surprises..,
    Glad you enjoy this from the countdown so far!
    You still haven't checked out Demi's new album?

I still hope there are a few (good) surprises left for you

Legend
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

by » Thu December 28th, 2017, 13:04

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    John Wayne was cute, an homage to ''fun Gaga'' kind of, but much like the rest of Joanne, it grew off me quickly

Demi's song is great, one of the few useable songs from that album
    It really was, a shame it grew off you quickly. Let's hope her next release will have a better impact on you

It's my highlight, but i actually enjoy the whole album (except SNS)

Green Light is great. Maybe Lorde's best.
    Yes! Shame that it wasn't a bigger hit for her :(

Quote Originally Posted by luckyONE
    Lorde's definitely my biggest disappointment of the year. I really loved the "pure heroine" album but actually nothing really on "Melodrama" clicked with me.

But good to see "It Ain't Me" in your Top 100. I like that song!
    Oh really?! That's sad to hear :( It's the opposite with me, "Pure Heroine" never clicked with me while i absolutely love "Melodrama". One of the best albums of 2017 for me

Glad you enjoy that one

Quote Originally Posted by king_oxymoron
    Lorde and Demi are definitely my standouts here, Demi delivered a really good album and that is a really strong title track.. Lorde was such a surprise but a completely great one.
    Two great picks! I really hope Demi's song can be a hit for her in 2018, as it's my favorite song of the album. Agree about Lorde

Legend
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

by » Thu December 28th, 2017, 15:20

80. Imagine Dragons – Believer

Chartrun: *13*-21-29-28-31-32-Out-RE 20-16-19-24-32-37-Out / 12w
    “Believer” was released as the lead single of Imagine Dragon’s third album “Evolve”, and while its start was another underperformance, it turned out to be a big hit for them in 2017. I’d say it’s typical Imagine Dragons, and was definitely a great return for them. Music Video
    79. David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne – Light My Body Up

Chartrun: 13-18-21-6-*5*-11-23-Out / 7w
    While David Guetta kept on releasing several singles in 2017, none of them really got my attention, except “Light My Body Up”. Despite this being a huge flop on the charts, I think it’s David’s best work since “What I Did For Love”. Nicki’s parts are really strong, especially the chorus, while Lil Wayne also delivered a surprisingly good verse. Music Video
    78. Halsey – Bad At Love

Chartrun: *8*-12-19-37-Out-RE 34-29-18-19-21-22- / 10w
    Halsey knows how to create Alternative-Pop tunes, and 2017 was her best year ever with releasing the brilliant “hopeless fountain kingdom”. “Bat At Love” served as the second single and became her first Top10 hit on the Billboard Top100 as a lead artist. Not her last entry on my countdown. Music Video
    77. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club

Chartrun: 22-14-*12*-12-15-18-23-27-34-Out / 9w
    Former Fifth Harmony member Camila Cabello tried to do it solo in 2017, and while everyone was crazy about her “Havana”, it was “Crying In The Club” which got the most of my attention. It’s a nice, catchy dance-pop tune. Music Video
    76. Little Mix – Touch

Chartrun: 10-3-*2*-6-12-23-35-Out / 7w
    From one X Factor artist to another. Little Mix failed to get a real hit on my charts until they dropped “Touch” as a single of their latest release “Glory Days”. This is a nearly perfect pop track and should have been their real worldwide breakthrough. Music Video

Legend
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

by » Thu December 28th, 2017, 15:21

75. Miley Cyrus – Younger Now

Chartrun: *3*-9-16-21-30-Out-RE 30-23-22-25-34-Out /10w
    2017 was a bad year for many artists who used to get #1s on my weekly charts easily, and Miley Cyrus was one of them. “Younger Now” is far away from being weak, however, it still became her first song not to peak atop my weekly singles charts. Following the album release, I re-discovered this song and now I think it’s actually one of the better pop songs of the year. Music Video
    74. Arch Enemy – The Eagle Flies Alone

Chartrun: 38-Out-RE 31-*1*-2-5-8-15-28-Out / 8w
    Probably the ‘hardest’ song to ever reach the top spot on my weekly chart is “The Eagle Flies Alone”, the second single of Arch Enemy’s latest album “Will To Power”. This heavy metal tune is definitely not a thing for everyone, however, it’s still quite catchy and Alissa’s growls are simply brilliant on this. Music Video
    73. Ariana Grande feat. Future – Everyday

Chartrun: *3*-9-18-23-20-31-Out-RE 20-23-25-37-Out / 10w
    “Everyday” served as the final single of Ariana’s third studio album “Dangerous Woman” and became a success at the beginning of the year. A strong Urban-Pop-Tune with a great video. Music Video
    72. My Indigo – My Indigo

Chartrun: *2*-4-5-7-10-11- / 6w
    Within Temptation frontwoman Sharon Den Adel decided to go solo at the end of 2017 under the name ‘My Indigo’, and the self-titled song was the first release. Her voice was always one of my most favorite voices in the business, and it really works well with this folk-influenced pop song. Definitely a project to look forward to in 2018. Music Video
    71. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go

Chartrun: 14-6-*4*-4-9-16-27-Out / 7w
    Hailee Steinfeld keeps on releasing random collabos. After “Starving”, “Let Me Go” was her hit in 2017 and I’m still not sure what watt did on this, and even Florida Georgia Line’s parts were not really necessary in my opinion. Still, this was quite a bop and one of those songs you really have to sing along when it’s on. Music Video

Legend
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

by » Thu December 28th, 2017, 15:30

The music video was a big elaborate pun...Imagine Ivan Drago

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Thu December 28th, 2017, 18:18

Everyday from the second batch is cute, but I much prefer the first. Crying, Touch, Light My Body Up and Believer are all good, though only one charted for me (in Touch's case I charted it last year though)

Legend
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

by » Thu December 28th, 2017, 19:58

Touch is great but Nothing Else Matters (a former grat currently promoted by a tour video) is "more" perfect.

Legend
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)

by » Fri December 29th, 2017, 00:13

"Green Light" is fantastic. It was a hugely pleasant surprise from Lorde, with one of the biggest and catchiest choruses of the year. "It Ain't Me" grew on me a bit, but it isn't one of my favourite Selena singles.

"John Wayne" was one of the most 'Gaga' moments on Joanne. I liked its video, though the song itself isn't among the top Joanne tracks for me. "Tell Me You Love Me" is okay. I really like its video thanks to the appearance from the gorgeous Jesse Williams.

"Believer" is good, but ID had better this era. "Light My Body Up" was a solid moment for both Guetta and Nicki. "Bad at Love" is okay but forgettable; "Crying in the Club" is one of the best dance-pop songs of the year. "Touch" isn't anything special, but Little Mix never release a song I absolutely dislike; at worst, their music is just bland.

"Younger Now" is okay, but I hated the direction Miley went this year. After "Malibu," everything was tragic. I forgot "Everyday" was even a single. "Let Me Go" wasn't bad from what I remember of it.
    You have the luxury of choosing loneliness. For some people, it’s not an option.

Legend
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

by » Fri December 29th, 2017, 00:20

77. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Stall
    I just can't get into Camila at all either. Her songs are just so cringe, and I feel like she is trying to be someone she isn't.

Light My Body Up is a JAM! I was also surprised it really didn't go anywhere and wasn't huge. I feel like people are over Guetta for some reason...... Some of his major flare is gone, but he still knows how to put together an amazing tune.

Obsessed with this song when it got released, and still sorta am. Such a great gym/running song (for me at least). I hope her next album has a few of these types of songs in there.

75. Miley Cyrus – Less Successful Now
    Give me back Can't Be Tamed Miley.
    Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoney
    So does her microphone

Legend
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

by » Fri December 29th, 2017, 03:26

10m views and counting, the band's going strong.

It sounds good, but I kinda expected more from Sharon

Legend
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

by » Fri December 29th, 2017, 09:27

The music video was a big elaborate pun...Imagine Ivan Drago
    Haha true...

Quote Originally Posted by king_oxymoron
    Everyday from the second batch is cute, but I much prefer the first. Crying, Touch, Light My Body Up and Believer are all good, though only one charted for me (in Touch's case I charted it last year though)
    It really is! Definitely a good final single of "Dangerous Woman"
    These are all good picks, glad you enjoy all of them!

Touch is great but Nothing Else Matters (a former grat currently promoted by a tour video) is "more" perfect.
    I didn't know they released a tour video for "Nothing Else Matters" This used to be one of my faves on the album as well!

Legend
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

by » Fri December 29th, 2017, 09:28

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    "Green Light" is fantastic. It was a hugely pleasant surprise from Lorde, with one of the biggest and catchiest choruses of the year. "It Ain't Me" grew on me a bit, but it isn't one of my favourite Selena singles.

"John Wayne" was one of the most 'Gaga' moments on Joanne. I liked its video, though the song itself isn't among the top Joanne tracks for me. "Tell Me You Love Me" is okay. I really like its video thanks to the appearance from the gorgeous Jesse Williams.

"Believer" is good, but ID had better this era. "Light My Body Up" was a solid moment for both Guetta and Nicki. "Bad at Love" is okay but forgettable; "Crying in the Club" is one of the best dance-pop songs of the year. "Touch" isn't anything special, but Little Mix never release a song I absolutely dislike; at worst, their music is just bland.

"Younger Now" is okay, but I hated the direction Miley went this year. After "Malibu," everything was tragic. I forgot "Everyday" was even a single. "Let Me Go" wasn't bad from what I remember of it.
    Thanks for commenting, even though most of the songs you mentioned didn't seem to impress you at all

Anyways, a big YES to the gorgeous Jesse Williams <3

77. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Stall
    I just can't get into Camila at all either. Her songs are just so cringe, and I feel like she is trying to be someone she isn't.
    It's the same with me, i think she's very unsympathetic, but this song was still a nice tune IMO.

Light My Body Up is a JAM! I was also surprised it really didn't go anywhere and wasn't huge. I feel like people are over Guetta for some reason...... Some of his major flare is gone, but he still knows how to put together an amazing tune.
    YESSS Someone else who likes this! Completely agree with you... should have been a much bigger hit than other songs by him, like the weak "2U".

Obsessed with this song when it got released, and still sorta am. Such a great gym/running song (for me at least). I hope her next album has a few of these types of songs in there.
    I know what you mean It's also some kind of a hoe anthem, isn't it?

75. Miley Cyrus – Less Successful Now
    Give me back Can't Be Tamed Miley.
    I'd be here for this, but i also enjoyed the "Younger Now" Miley tbh

10m views and counting, the band's going strong.

It sounds go, but I kinda expected more from Sharon
    They really are! I guess i need to try things from their past out to see if the new stuff is really better or not.

Glad you kinda enjoy "My Indigo", but i agree a bit with you. I still think this is beautiful though.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

by » Fri December 29th, 2017, 09:51

Halsey - Bad At Love
    Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club
    Miley Cyrus - Younger Now
    These songs should be higher!! All 3 are amazing.