• 05 Sep 2006

YAS 'Wild Thoughts' is a BAWP!

Comment

• luckyONE
      Superstar
      • 07 Feb 2012

THE CHAINSMOKERS - "SOMETHING JUST LIKE THIS" featuring COLDPLAY

[youtube:3czf35q1]FM7MFYoylVs[/youtube:3czf35q1]

It's no secret that The Chainsmokers had a few hits on my Charts in 2017. One of them was this beautiful track. Coldplay (Chris Martin) adds a lot to this song and with time, this could become my favorite Chainsmokers song for sure. I love the energy of this song. A great song for a workout, too.
        The song peaked at #1 for one week.
        The Performance at the ONE LOVE - MANCHESTER concert was incredible!

"Something Just Like This" collected 824 Points in 2017.

Comment

• luckyONE
        Superstar
        • 07 Feb 2012

THE CHAINSMOKERS - "ALL WE KNOW" featuring PHOEBE RYAN

[youtube:cjw605fg]7mWQ38SpEf8[/youtube:cjw605fg]

Another song by The Chainsmokers places at #8. "All We Know" hit #1 in January 2017 and stayed there for three consecutive weeks. Utterly gutted the song doesn't appear on "Memories... Do Not Open". Really adore this song, it's nice for the winter time. I have a rather mixed opinion on the Video - it's not bad but the eventual execution isn't that brilliant IMO.

"All We Know" collected 842 Points in 2017.

Comment

• luckyONE
          Superstar
          • 07 Feb 2012

IMAGINE DRAGONS - "THUNDER"

[youtube:3q187u4i]fKopy74weus[/youtube:3q187u4i]

My favorite song by Imagine Dragons is able to place at #7. It peaked at #1 for three consecutive weeks in May/June 2017. Actually, this is the song that made me excited for the new Album ("EVOVLE"). Whilst I own the first two Albums, I only really liked their debut Album and wasn't that excited, especially after "Believer", which flopped on my Charts and is my least favorite song the Album. However, "Thunder" hyped me a lot, "EVOLVE" also became one of my favorite Albums of last year.
            "Thunder" makes a good place on my workout/gym Playlist.

[b]"Thunder" collected 968 Points in 2017 - and is their most succesful song on my Charts so far!/b]

Comment

• king_oxymoron
            Legend
            • 04 Apr 2003

Re: 2017 - presented by luckyONE (#9)

I like 9 and 7 - neither I adore but both are strong material. Thunder is a real earworm for sure.
            Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

• luckyONE
              Superstar
              • 07 Feb 2012

RITA ORA - "YOUR SONG"

[youtube:2xnlayb3]RsELrcVNzG0[/youtube:2xnlayb3]

I never cared that much about Rita Ora, she had a few nice songs but it wasn't until "Your Song" that I really fell in love with her as a person aswell. "Your Song" is a catchy track that made it to #1 for one week on my charts. It's definitely a personal highlight from 2017 for me. The song holds the record for the needing to most weeks to reach #1 eventually. IT took 23 weeks for "Your Song" til it finally hit the top of the charts.

It was able to collect 969 points in 2017 - only one more point than #7!

Comment

• luckyONE
                Superstar
                • 07 Feb 2012

THE CHAINSMOKERS "PARIS"

[youtube:32cawgv8]fRNkQH4DVg8[/youtube:32cawgv8]

ALREADY THE THIRD (and last...) SONG BY THE CHAINSMOKERS IN THE TOP 10. "Paris" hit #1 in spring 2017 and is one of my personal favorites from them til this day. I cannot wait to listen to this track when I will be in Paris in less than 3 weeks.

"Paris" is certified 5x Platinum and collected 1,034 points in total in 2017.

Comment

• luckyONE
                  Superstar
                  • 07 Feb 2012

AMY MACDONALD - "DREAM ON"

[youtube:36l7xb8c]lcklCAsUCQM[/youtube:36l7xb8c]

After 5 years of waiting and being one of my favorite artists, I was so excited for new stuff by Amy MacDonald! "Dream On" was her second #1 on my charts (after "Slow It Down") and was huge in 2017. It's one of her biggest songs on my charts - it's certified 5x Platinum!

"Slow It Down" collected 1,056 points in 2017.

Comment

• luckyONE
                    Superstar
                    • 07 Feb 2012

RIHANNA - "SEX WITH ME"

[youtube:2alkkjyi]-KpVE1fBnQs[/youtube:2alkkjyi]

Not only did Rihanna place a song at #10 at the 2017 Year End Charts, but she was also able to place another song way higher. "SEX WITH ME" is my all time favorite song from her "ANTi" album and it should have been given a proper single release. Anyway, it still was a huge hit on my charts. I still use this song regularly (Especially in gym) - it's so sassy and SO Rihanna.
                      It's in my Top 10 Rihanna songs to be honest!

"SEX WITH ME" collected 1,077 points in 2017.

Comment

• Biebz
                      Legend
                      • 02 Jun 2013

Absolutely love Thunder! Placed at #8 on my countdown
                      *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

• luckyONE
                        Superstar
                        • 07 Feb 2012

• Un mojito, dos mojitos
                          Mira qué ojitos bonitos

#2 SHAKIRA - "ME ENAMORÉ"

[youtube:1avofv9t]sPTn0QEhxds[/youtube:1avofv9t]

Ok, I already said it twice with other songs but "ME ENAMORE" is definitely my song of the summer 2017. First, I didn't care for this song at all but it might be my favorite song by Shakira. Never has she placed a song higher on a Year End Charts. This was her first #1 single since "SHE WOLF".

"ME ENAMORE" collected 1,114 points in 2017.

Comment

• luckyONE
                          Superstar
                          • 07 Feb 2012

• "If you're giving all of your money and time
                            I'm not gonna sit here wasting mine on you, yeah, you
                            Ciao adios, I'm done"

ANNE-MARIE - "CIAO ADIOS"

[youtube:acjucziu]qqob4D3BoZc[/youtube:acjucziu]

"Ciao Adios" is the biggest song of the year on my personal charts. Truly relatable lyrics and a catchy tune - all I need sometimes.

This is the first time Anne-Marie gets a #1 on a Year End Charts - she joins ...

Katy Perry - "California Gurls (ft. Snoop Dogg)" (2010)
                            Adele - "Someone Like You" (2011)
                            Madonna - "Girl Gone Wild" (2012)
                            Rihanna - "Stay (ft. Mikky Ekko)" (2013)
                            Lorde - "Team" (2014)
                            Madonna - "Living For Love" (2015)
                            Adele - "Hello" (2016)

as a Year End Chart Topper.

"Ciao Adios" collected 1,276 points in total in 2017 - a clear winner this year!

Comment

• king_oxymoron
                            Legend
                            • 04 Apr 2003

Re: 2017 - presented by luckyONE (# T 0 P 5)

Not Anne-Marie being up there with the all time greats, happy to see this as your number one as I Stan for her!
                            Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

• luckyONE
                              Superstar
                              • 07 Feb 2012

Originally posted by king_oxymoron
                              Not Anne-Marie being up there with the all time greats, happy to see this as your number one as I Stan for her!
                              I would love to have a full album by her in 2018! I'd stan for her, too probably!

Comment

• luckyONE
                                Superstar
                                • 07 Feb 2012

• TOP 50 ALBUMS

1. Amy MacDonald – Under Stars
                                  2. Alicia Keys – HERE
                                  3. Imagine Dragons – EVOLVE
                                  4. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic
                                  5. Lana Del Rey – Lust For Life

6. Shakira – El Dorado
                                  7. The Chainsmokers – Memories… Do Not Open
                                  8. Madonna – Rebel Heart Tour
                                  9. P!nk – Beautiful Trauma
                                  10. Emeli Sandé – Long Live The Angels
                                  11. Katy Perry – WITNESS

12. Adele – 25
                                  13. Calvin Harris – Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1
                                  14. Jack Johnson – All The Lights Above It Too
                                  15. Coldplay – Kaleidoscope EP
                                  16. Kelly Clarkson – Meaning Of Life
                                  17. Zara Larsson – So Good
                                  18. Taylor Swift – reputation
                                  19. Linkin Park – One More Light
                                  20. Phil Collins – The Singles
                                  21. Amanda – Karussell
                                  22. John Legend – Darkness And Light
                                  23. Lorde – Melodrama

24. Little Mix – Glory Days
                                  25. Ed Sheeran – Divide
                                  26. Tinie Tempah – YOUTH
                                  27. Depeche Mode – Spirit
                                  28. Train – A Girl A Bottle A Boat
                                  29. Helene Fischer – Helene Fischer
                                  30. Michael Bublé – Nobody But Me
                                  31. Anastacia – Evolution
                                  32. Shawn Mendes – Illuminate
                                  33. Amy MacDonald – Under Stars: Live In Berlin
                                  34. Nelly Furtado – The Ride

35. The xx – I SEE YOU
                                  36. Various Artists – Hidden Figures O.S.T.
                                  37. Various Artists – The Hamilton Mixtape
                                  38. Mary J. Blige – Strength Of A Woman
                                  39. Paloma Faith – The Architect
                                  40. Aura Dione – Can’t Steal The Music
                                  41. Ke$ha – Rainbow
                                  42. Bon Jovi – This House Is Not For Sale
                                  43. Drake – More Life
                                  44. The Killers – Wonderful Wonderful
                                  45. TLC – TLC
                                  46. Fergie – Double Dutchess
                                  47. Maroon 5 – Red Pill Blues
                                  48. Pitbull – Climate Change
                                  49. Shawn Mendes – MTV Unplugged
                                  50. Shawn Mendes – Live At Madison Square Garden

Comment

• luckyONE
                                  Superstar
                                  • 07 Feb 2012

• TOP ARTISTS

1. Amy MacDonald 4,041 (Under Stars, Under Stars: Live In Berlin Dream On, Automatic)

In the last week of 2017, Amy MacDonald climbed to the #1 spot on the Top Artist Charts...beating The Chainsmokers. She had a great year on my charts, getting two Top 10 albums and two Top 10 songs that proved great longevity.

2. The Chainsmokers 4,022 (Memories… Do Not Open, Paris, All We Know, Something Just Like This, Closer, Honest)

3. Imagine Dragons 3,504 (EVOLVE, Thunder, Whatever It Takes, Believer)

A great comeback for IMAGINE DRAGONS on my charts ... and they have never been more succesful than with their current "EVOLVE"
                                    era.

4. Bruno Mars 3,165 (24K Magic, 24K Magic, That’s What I Like, Versace On The Floor)

5. Shakira 3,041 (El Dorado, Me Enamore, Chantaje, La Bicicleta)

I don't care what anyone says, the "EL DORADO" era was a personal highlight of 2018 for me. I was listening to her music before, but this era made me a fan tbh. Even checked out her earlier Spanish stuff.

6. Alicia Keys 2,802 (HERE, Hallelujah, In Common, Blended Family (What You Do For Love))
                                    7. Lana Del Rey 2,800 (Lust For Life, LOVE, Lust For Life, Summer Bummer)
                                    8. Calvin Harris 2,610 (Funk Wav bounces vol. 1, My Way, Rollin, Heatstroke, Slide, Feels, Faking It)
                                    9. Rihanna 2,415 (Sex With Me, Wild Thoughts, Love On The Brain, Kiss It Better)

Despite RIHANNA only released "WILD THOUGHTS" in 2018, she was able to chart three songs from her "ANTi" (2016) album. She is the only artist in the Top 10 to make it there with only singles. She even got more points than Katy Perry who even got quite a few points from the album charts. QUEEN tbh.

10. Katy Perry 2,375 (WITNESS, Chained To The Rhythm, Bon Appetit, Swish Swish, Feels)
                                    11. Coldplay 2,178 (Kaleidoscope EP, Something Just Like This, Miracles (Someone Special), Everglow)
                                    12. P!nk 2.011 (Beautiful Trauma, What About Us, Waterfall, Beautiful Trauma)
                                    13. Taylor Swift 1,820 (reputation, Look What You Made Me Do, …ready for it?)
                                    14. Anne-Marie 1,770 (Ciao Adios, Rockabye, Heavy)
                                    15. Emeli Sandé 1,590 (Long Live The Angels, Breathing Underwater, Hurts)
                                    16. Ed Sheeran 1,515 (Divide, Castle on the hill, Shape Of You, Perfect, Galway Girl)
                                    17. Nicki Minaj 1,453 (Swalla, Run Up, Light My Body Up, Swish Swish, Side To Side)
                                    18. Lorde 1,414 (Melodrama, Green light, Perfect Places, Homemade Dynamite)
                                    19. Zara Larsson 1,382 (So Good, Symphony, Only You)
                                    20. Rita Ora 1,322 (Your Song, Anywhere, Lonely Together)
                                    21. Amanda 1,117 (Karrusell, Blau, Wie Es Ist)
                                    22. Adele 1,013 (25, When We Were Young, Hello)
                                    23. Clean Bandit 1,009 (Symphony, Rockabye)
                                    24. Sia 914 (Waterfall, Never Give Up, The Greatest, Dusk Till Dawn, Unstoppable)
                                    25. Madonna 900 (Rebel Heart Tour)
                                    26. DJ Khaled 887 (Grateful, Wild Thoughts, I’m The One)
                                    27. Kelly Clarkson 860 (Meaning Of Life, Love So Soft)
                                    28. Bryson Tiller 778 (Wild Thoughts)
                                    29. David Guetta 766 (Would I Lie To You?, Light My Body Up)
                                    30. Migos 761 (Bon Appetit, Slide)
                                    31. Jennifer Lopez 745 (Ain’t Your Mama, Ni Tu Ni Yo)
                                    32. ALMA 721 (Dye My Hair, Chasing High, Bonfire, Out Of My Head)
                                    33. Little Mix 708 (Glory Days, No More Sad Songs)
                                    34. Future 686 (Cold, Rollin)
                                    35. Selena Gomez 675 (It Ain’t Me, Fetish, WOlves, We Don’t Talk Anymore, Kill Em With Kindness)
                                    36. Maroon 5 664 (Red Pill Blues, Cold, What Lovers Do)
                                    37. Kygo 642 (It Ain’t Me, First Time)
                                    38. The weeknd 637 (STARBOY, Lust For Life, I Feel It Coming, STARBOY)
                                    39. Skip Marley 637 (Chained To The Rhythm)
                                    40. Big Sean 625 (Miracles (Someone Special), Feels)
                                    41. Jack Johnson 610 (All The Light Above It Too)
                                    42. Mike Posner 607 (IN The Arms Of A Stranger (Grey Remix), Be As Your Are (JordanXL Remix))
                                    43. Charli XCX 598 (Boys, After The Afterparty, Out Of My Head)
                                    44. Shawn Mendes 582 (MTV Unplugged, Live At The Madison Square Garden, Treat You Better, Mercy, There’s Nothing Holdin‘ Me Back)
                                    45. Helene Fischer 579 (Helene Fischer, Herzbeben)
                                    46. Take That 574 (Wonderland, Giants)
                                    47. Halsey 565 (Hopeless Fountain Kingdom, Closer)
                                    48. Robbie Williams 563 (Love My Life)
                                    49. Linkin Park 562 (One More Light, Heavy)
                                    50. Paloma Faith 561 (The Architect, Crybaby)
                                    51. Sido 549 (Blau)
                                    52. ZAYN 504 (I Don’t Wanna Live Forever, Dusk Till Dawn)
                                    53. Pharell Williams 499 (Heatstroke, Feels)
                                    54. Jason Derulo 473 (Swalla, If I’m Lucky)
                                    55. Ellie Goulding 470 (First Time, Still Falling For You)
                                    56. Charlie Puth 455 (Attention, We Don’t Talk Anymore, How Long)
                                    57. Cedric Gervais 454 (Would I Lie To You?)
                                    58. Chris Willis 454 (Would I Lie To You?)
                                    59. Phil Collins 450 (The Singles)
                                    60. TLC448 (TLC, It’s Sunny, Haters)
                                    61. Birdy 432 (Find Me, Words)
                                    62. John Legend 430 (Darkness And Light)
                                    63. Major Lazer 420 (Run Up, Know No Better, Cold Water)
                                    64. Kiesza 404 (Dearly Beloved)
                                    65. Ty Dolla $ign 403 (Swalla)
                                    66. PARTYNEXTDOOR 368 (Run Up)
                                    67. Ariana Grande 366 (Heatstroke, Side To Side)
                                    68. Playboy Carti 357 (Summer Bummer)
                                    69. A$AP Rocky 357 (Summer Bummer)
                                    70. Tove Lo 353 (Blue Lips, True Disaster, Disco Tits, Cool Girl, Out Of My Head)
                                    71. Lil Wayne 351 (Light My Body Up, I’m The One)
                                    72. Maluma 344 (Chantaje)
                                    73. Sigma 324 (Find Me)
                                    74. Khalid 316 (Rollin)
                                    75. Tinie Tempah 310 (Youth)
                                    76. Gente de Zona 294 (Ni Tu Ni Yo)
                                    77. Kaleo 290 (Way Down We Go)
                                    78. Stargate 288 (Waterfall)
                                    79. Young Thug 285 (Heatstroke)
                                    80. Vanessa Mai 283 (Nie Wieder)
                                    81. Carlos Vives 283 (La Bicicleta)
                                    82. Depeche Mode 280 (Spirit)
                                    83. Train 270 (A Girl A Bottle A Boat)
                                    84. Michael Bublé 260 (Nobody But Me)
                                    85. MO 255 (Final Song, Cold Water)
                                    86. Anastacia 355 (Evolution, Caught In The Middle)
                                    87. Shawn Mendes 250 (Illuminate)
                                    88. Nelly Furtado 240 (The Ride)
                                    89. Sean Paul 234 (Rockabye)
                                    90. The xx 230 (I SEE YOU)
                                    91. Frank Ocean 226 (Slide)
                                    92. Mary J. Blige 210 (Strength Of A Woman)
                                    93. Kehlani 209 (Faking It)
                                    94. Lil Yacthy 209 (Faking It)
                                    95. Gucci Mane 201 (Fetish)
                                    96. Aura Dione 190 (Can’t Steal The Music)
                                    97. Ke$ha 180 (Rainbow)
                                    98. Bon Jovi 180 (This House Is Not For Sale)
                                    99. Avicii 174 (Longely Together)
                                    100. SZA 174 (What Lovers Do)

SEE YOU LATER THIS YEAR.

Comment

• Tansike
                                    Site Supporter
                                    • 28 Jan 2012

Finally catching up now with the things i missed (first Singles Top10, doing Albums & Artists lists as soon as possible). Sorry for being so much behind

#7 IMAGINE DRAGONS - "THUNDER"
                                    As if "Believer" wasn't already a great return for them, they even topped it with "Thunder". Such a deserved smash for them. It's still them, but also kinda something new and fresh, and i'm glad it worked for them. I'm glad this also made such an impression on you, as you didn't enjoy "Believer".

#6 RITA ORA - "YOUR SONG"
                                    You wrote 'I never cared that much about Rita Ora, she had a few nice songs...' and i can just add a +1 to that. However, in 2017, she turned things around completely, first with "Your Song", and then even more with "Anymore". Can't wait to finally get an album from her!

#4 AMY MACDONALD - "DREAM ON"
                                    I know you love Amy a lot but i still didn't expect "Dream On" to make it so far on your list - but congrats for her! She's still so sympathetic and i'm still wishing her the most success she can get, so it's kinda sad how "Dream On" didn't was the hit she deserved in the German speaking countries. It's a very good song, but i still have to say it's definitely my least favorite lead single from her to date.

Congrats for such a hit! It's far from being one of her best ones for me, but i do enjoy it.

#1 ANNE-MARIE - "CIAO ADIOS"
                                    So... i guess i'm not the only one looking forward to "Speak Your Mind" next month
                                    I love her and "Ciao Adios" was actually the first time she got me with a song on her own. It's a great pop tune. At first i didn't like it that much, until i saw her live as Ed Sheeran's opening act exactly a year ago, where she SLAYED the stage with "Ciao Adios". These days i prefer her latest (solo) single "Then", but "Ciao Adios" remains good and i'm really, really excited what she'll bring with her debut album

Comment

• Tansike
                                      Site Supporter
                                      • 28 Jan 2012

Now on to the Albums... where i enjoyed most of your Top50 as well

2. Alicia Keys – HERE
                                      6. Shakira – El Dorado

VERY strong Top10. "Under Stars", "Evolve", "24K Magic", "Lust For Life" and "Beautiful Trauma" were also some of my faves in 2017. Really pleased how big "Under Stars" was for you. Also very pleased about P!nk's Top10 position, as i think "Beautiful Trauma" is quite underrated.

11. Katy Perry – WITNESS
                                      12. Adele – 25

Also some big highlights in the Top20 with Linkin Park, Taylor Swift, Adele, Katy and especially Zara Larsson. The latter really showed that she's more than just a singles artists IMO, as i expected "So Good" not be... well, not so good. I really thought the Singles would have been the highlights and the album would have nothing more to offer, thank god i was wrong with that expectation. Surprised Katy actually made it to #11 despite you being disappointed by it.

23. Lorde – Melodrama
                                      25. Ed Sheeran – Divide

Train was a nice suprise at the beginning of 2017 for me. A shame they never pushed "Lottery" as a proper single. The albums by Lorde and Ed are definitely my favorite ones in this group.

35. The xx – I SEE YOU

Poor Aura... she deserved so much more "Can't Steal The Music" is/was a good album, but she should have made a better comeback after all these years. Paloma's release was solid, same for Anastacia & Nelly Furtado, but they all already made much better albums.

41. Ke$ha – Rainbow
                                      43. Drake – More Life

I knew you were disappointed by Kesha's comeback but i'm glad she was still able to make your Top50, and even nearly the Top40. I think it's really good and has some fantastic tracks, especially "Praying" or "Boots".
                                      "Double Dutchess" was such a let down

As every year, i really have to say i love your Charts/Countdown and you've got an amazing taste!

Comment

• luckyONE
                                        Superstar
                                        • 07 Feb 2012

Originally posted by Tansike
                                        Finally catching up now with the things i missed (first Singles Top10, doing Albums & Artists lists as soon as possible). Sorry for being so much behind

#7 IMAGINE DRAGONS - "THUNDER"
                                        As if "Believer" wasn't already a great return for them, they even topped it with "Thunder". Such a deserved smash for them. It's still them, but also kinda something new and fresh, and i'm glad it worked for them. I'm glad this also made such an impression on you, as you didn't enjoy "Believer".
                                        Yeah, "Thunder" is their most succesful song on my charts so far... even beating "Radioactive" which was already certified 3x Platinum. "Thunder" is in the Top 50 of the decade so far and certified 5x Platinum.

#6 RITA ORA - "YOUR SONG"
                                        You wrote 'I never cared that much about Rita Ora, she had a few nice songs...' and i can just add a +1 to that. However, in 2017, she turned things around completely, first with "Your Song", and then even more with "Anymore". Can't wait to finally get an album from her!
                                        She's collected quite a few #1 songs on my charts lately, so I am very excited for an album. It can't come faster tbh.

#4 AMY MACDONALD - "DREAM ON"
                                        I know you love Amy a lot but i still didn't expect "Dream On" to make it so far on your list - but congrats for her! She's still so sympathetic and i'm still wishing her the most success she can get, so it's kinda sad how "Dream On" didn't was the hit she deserved in the German speaking countries. It's a very good song, but i still have to say it's definitely my least favorite lead single from her to date.
                                        "Dream On" is typical Amy for me, liked it right from the start. TBH, she's waited way too long to come up with a new release, it's been 4 1/2 years since "Life In A Beautiful Light". From the album I like "Dream On" the most to be honest - from her lead singles I'd rank it above "Don't Tell Me That It's Over" (although "A Curious Thing" is my second fav Amy album).

Congrats for such a hit! It's far from being one of her best ones for me, but i do enjoy it.
                                        Thanks. I became a Shakira fan because of this song tbh.

#1 ANNE-MARIE - "CIAO ADIOS"
                                        So... i guess i'm not the only one looking forward to "Speak Your Mind" next month
                                        I love her and "Ciao Adios" was actually the first time she got me with a song on her own. It's a great pop tune. At first i didn't like it that much, until i saw her live as Ed Sheeran's opening act exactly a year ago, where she SLAYED the stage with "Ciao Adios". These days i prefer her latest (solo) single "Then", but "Ciao Adios" remains good and i'm really, really excited what she'll bring with her debut album
                                        "Speak Your Mind" is the next album I am really looking forward to and the first 2018 album release that I am looking forward to tbh. Really digging her songs lately, my favorite is still "Ciao Adios" but "Friends" is very high on my list, too!

Thanks for catching up.

Comment

• luckyONE
                                          Superstar
                                          • 07 Feb 2012

Originally posted by Tansike
                                          Now on to the Albums... where i enjoyed most of your Top50 as well

2. Alicia Keys – HERE
                                          6. Shakira – El Dorado

VERY strong Top10. "Under Stars", "Evolve", "24K Magic", "Lust For Life" and "Beautiful Trauma" were also some of my faves in 2017. Really pleased how big "Under Stars" was for you. Also very pleased about P!nk's Top10 position, as i think "Beautiful Trauma" is quite underrated.
                                          It took a few weeks for me to get into "Truth About Love"... as P!nk is one of the most succesful artists on my charts, she of course debuted very high... and the more I listen to the album, the more I like it... still unsure where to rank it in her discography... but it's not as strong as "Funhouse" and "The Truth About Love" which happen to be my favorite album. Both albums have also 30 weeks+ at #1 on my charts... Let's see if "Beautiful Trauma" can get close to that amount of weeks.
                                          "Under Stars" was released very early in the year and had almost no competition in the first weeks of charting... it collected its most points because of that. Had it been released around May / June / July (along with "El Dorado", "Melodrama", "Funk Wav Bounces", "Evolve", "Lust For Life", "One More Light",...) it would have been less succesful tbh. But still a nice winner for the year, although one of the weakest so far IMO!

11. Katy Perry – WITNESS
                                          12. Adele – 25

Also some big highlights in the Top20 with Linkin Park, Taylor Swift, Adele, Katy and especially Zara Larsson. The latter really showed that she's more than just a singles artists IMO, as i expected "So Good" not be... well, not so good. I really thought the Singles would have been the highlights and the album would have nothing more to offer, thank god i was wrong with that expectation. Surprised Katy actually made it to #11 despite you being disappointed by it.
                                          Zara showed some great longevity, thanks to her singles mostly. She's collected a nice amount of points.
                                          I still have a soft spot for Katy, unfortunately she kinda lost me with "Witness" (still listen to her stuff from her three first albums more than anything from "WITNESS"), so if her next album is á la "Witness", she'll have a big flop on my charts unfortunately...

23. Lorde – Melodrama
                                          25. Ed Sheeran – Divide

Train was a nice suprise at the beginning of 2017 for me. A shame they never pushed "Lottery" as a proper single. The albums by Lorde and Ed are definitely my favorite ones in this group.
                                          I didn't like "Divide" as a whole but it has some nice songs on it.

35. The xx – I SEE YOU

Poor Aura... she deserved so much more "Can't Steal The Music" is/was a good album, but she should have made a better comeback after all these years. Paloma's release was solid, same for Anastacia & Nelly Furtado, but they all already made much better albums.
                                          Yeah no album here from those artists where I'd say "this is their strongest effort". Especially Nelly Furtado was a huge disappointment, didn't even bother to buy the album (the very first studio album by her that I decided not to buy).

41. Ke$ha – Rainbow
                                          43. Drake – More Life

I knew you were disappointed by Kesha's comeback but i'm glad she was still able to make your Top50, and even nearly the Top40. I think it's really good and has some fantastic tracks, especially "Praying" or "Boots".
                                          "Double Dutchess" was such a let down
                                          I gotta say though that "Rainbow" only collected 180 points in total. As my album charts aren't as big as my single charts, it's easier to score a Top 40/Top50 position. There were only 68 albums that charted in 2017. Just to compare - the #1 album collected 2,310 points, it just shows that "Rainbow" was a huge flop compared to that.
                                          I do love the album cover, though.

As every year, i really have to say i love your Charts/Countdown and you've got an amazing taste!
                                          thank you <3

Comment

Working...