Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: America's Next Top Model

Legend
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat May 19th, 2018, 20:40

^ where do you find all these cycles to watch? I could only find some of them to download, and watching them online is a pain due to the bad quality or glitching

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat May 19th, 2018, 20:45

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    ^ where do you find all these cycles to watch? I could only find some of them to download, my and watching them online is a pain due to the bad quality or glitching
    I'm watching them online.

I just read that Natasha didn't win, I'm so devastated, once again my favorite ended up 2nd and she was obviously the best one of the cycle. First Joannie and now Natasha, she had top 2 pictures basically from week 3 til the end. And Jaslene won, girl with no personality and no identity at all. I'm so mad right now :evil:

MOD EDIT: please refrain from mentioned specific illegal streaming sites. Thanks.

Manager
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun May 20th, 2018, 04:55

Natasha was amazing. She should have won. Hands down the best that cycle.
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue May 22nd, 2018, 19:52

Omg i hate jaslene so much, such an ugly person.

She came back from go sees one minute before deadline and when Natasha came one minute late she was glowing and laughing at her.

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue May 22nd, 2018, 20:03

'Some people have war in their countries' is probably the most iconic line of whole show

The way she handled her lack of luck, and how positive and nice she always was, she really deserved to do well in her career. I hope she has good career as a model.

Btw, are Joannie and Natasha girls with the best call outs?
    Joannie 4-10-4-2-6-1-1-4-1-1-1-2
    Natasha 11-11-8-2-1-2-2-1-2-3-2-2

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 25th, 2018, 20:54

Watching this is so heartbreaking

She's grown so much as a person, but i also find it very shocking that she is actually a lesbian, and that she looks like this now. She was such a feminine lady during cycle.

Legend
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 28th, 2018, 15:11

Quote Originally Posted by Westen

She's grown so much as a person, but i also find it very shocking that she is actually a lesbian, and that she looks like this now. She was such a feminine lady during cycle.
    Shit is this Renée???

This is probably the most likeable and humble I‘ve seen her.
    I love the way we've worked so hard. Baby, you look at me, you're my Superstar | My last.fm

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 28th, 2018, 23:01

Quote Originally Posted by Loose

Shit is this Renée???

This is probably the most likeable and humble I‘ve seen her.
    Yes, it's so great to see her so humble and smart, especially after her cycle where she was really pressed all the time. It's a shame she needed this kind of wake up call.

I also find it chocking that she was closeted lesbian at the time, I would've never guessed, while I never doubted in Jael from same cycle

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 5th, 2018, 20:00

Girls in cycle 9 are so unlikable

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 13th, 2018, 20:56

It's crazy how much Chantal looks like Anna Faris and no one mentioned it yet

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 22nd, 2018, 20:38

Watching finale of cycle 9 now

Saleisha in top 2, is this a joke? Girl has one good picture. Tyra is always pushing black girls, and they are always weaker.

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 22nd, 2018, 20:56

Saleisha in top 2, is this a joke? Girl has one good picture. Tyra is always pushing black girls, and they are always weaker.
    Im sorry but this bitch won, at this point this is just racism towards white models.

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 22nd, 2018, 22:11

Im sorry but this bitch won, at this point this is just racism towards white models.
    Just wow. I wondered why this kept being bumped. I think the racism isn’t from Tyra... just saying.
    "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 22nd, 2018, 22:20

Quote Originally Posted by aaliyahman

Just wow. I wondered why this kept being bumped. I think the racism isn’t from Tyra... just saying.
    Did you watch the cycle? Girl with only one good picture won, she was criticized almost every week, she was always called basic and lifeless and yet she won.

In cycle 8 Dionne was #4 and yet she never had good picture according to panel. They always saw potential, but she never delivered.

Same thing happened in Cycle 7 with Eugenia,she was #3, and yet she was never praised or had top picture. Even in same finale they criticized her for same things.

in cycle 6 Danielle was picked over obvious winner Joannie who probably had the best ranking week to week ever: 4-2-6-1-1-4-1-1-1. She kept winning challenges, pictures, had personality that everyone liked.

I'm not the first one who noticed that Tyra favored black girls - when they didn't deserve it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 25th, 2018, 10:40

I’m embarrassed for you to be honest.

Anyone who knows and watches ANTM since the start knows there is absolutely NO POINT. In following call outs as a sign of who ‘should’ or ‘deserve’.

You like specific people and you’re trying to build a narrative based on your own seeming prejudices.

I take the show for what it is, beautiful girls that all have different potential. Just because a beautiful girl does well each week as standard doesn’t mean that a girl with more potential who perhaps hasn’t always got it right shouldn’t end up winning.

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 25th, 2018, 10:49

Tyra said plenty of times during the show that call outs are based on that week ranking.
    You can't tell me that girl who was always among worst deserved to win.

Show was criticized for lack of black girls in first 2 cycles, it's obvious that they decided to favor them in few situations (Dion and Saleisha being perfect examples of girls who showed nothing during their cycles and ended up being high)

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 25th, 2018, 11:09

The fact they get through week after weeks means they are fine. Don’t try me with the ‘they were the worst’. You’d have a point if the girl was eliminated week 3 then won but no. They make it through every week so they should have as much chance to win over your fave’s.

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 25th, 2018, 11:14

The fact they get through week after weeks means they are fine. Don’t try me with the ‘they were the worst’. You’d have a point if the girl was eliminated week 3 then won but no. They make it through every week so they should have as much chance to win over your fave’s.
    Lol none of my faves ever won, lol at you trying to discredit my opinion with that

I still fail to see how Saleisha deserved to win when they critized her every single weak, from basic look, to dead eyes, weak pictures, stiff in photosessions, no top model potential...

Not to start with Dionne, or that girl in cycle 4 who was 3rd, and she herself didn't know how she managed to get there.

Show was criticized once upon a time for not promoting black models enough, so all i'm saying is that Tyra obviously favored black models from time to time so she could avoid backlash.

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 25th, 2018, 13:26

You’ve misunderstood. The whole point is that none of your faves won. Which is why you are shook and using the black angle. The way you have talked about specifically black and Latina contestants is transparent.

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 25th, 2018, 19:32

You’ve misunderstood. The whole point is that none of your faves won. Which is why you are shook and using the black angle. The way you have talked about specifically black and Latina contestants is transparent.
    You mean just like it was very transparent how they pushed black girls when they obviously didn't deserve it? So far, until cycle 9, only Eva and Ya-ya actually deserved to be where they were. And Danielle deserved top 3. Others were just pushed so they could avoid backlash from the beginning of the show (Saleisha (#1), Dionne (#4), Keenyah (#3), Eugena (#3)) when they lacked black models.

Oh and yes, Natasha did lose because she wasn't American, it was obvious (especially when they could only use language barrier against her at the panel). I mean did you actually watch those cycles? Do you remember judges' comments through the cycle?

I mean, so far you're only screaming 'you're racist!!!' here, you're not engaging in conversation and commenting on those girls who obviously didn't deserve it, especially Saleisha.

With that avi, you're used to calling out racism when Beyonce doesn't win AOTY, so using that 'my fave didn't win because of racism' is very ironic, and double standards much?

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 25th, 2018, 20:11

Engage in conversation is exactly what I have been doing. You made your mistakes misunderstanding what I said and then decided that because I like Beyoncé, I like calling Grammys racist?!?!
    Your assumptions are completely off base.

I’m not debating whether you think a ‘girl’ deserves to win when you’ve already decided they don’t becayse you prefer white girls.

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 25th, 2018, 20:20

Engage in conversation is exactly what I have been doing. You made your mistakes misunderstanding what I said and then decided that because I like Beyoncé, I like calling Grammys racist?!?!
    Your assumptions are completely off base.

I’m not debating whether you think a ‘girl’ deserves to win when you’ve already decided they don’t becayse you prefer white girls.
    So for you engaging in conversation is lying?

Not once you commented on the girls that i mentioned as examples of going far without showing any potential, but all you talk about here is how racist i am for calling out Tyra's obvious bias (receipts are in episodes)

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 25th, 2018, 22:15

I’m done with you. I believe what I believe based on the crap you’ve said in this thread alone. I’m not watching old seasons and am not going to. You can talk receipts all you want. The girls won and the main ones are still working. Get over the fact they are black. Danielle who you’ve dragged numerous times is still working well. Where are your faves and please don’t mention Eva. You’ve already said ‘none of my faves won’ then slipped up with lies saying ‘Eva was my fave’.

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 25th, 2018, 23:27

I’m done with you. I believe what I believe based on the crap you’ve said in this thread alone. I’m not watching old seasons and am not going to. You can talk receipts all you want. The girls won and the main ones are still working. Get over the fact they are black. Danielle who you’ve dragged numerous times is still working well. Where are your faves and please don’t mention Eva. You’ve already said ‘none of my faves won’ then slipped up with lies saying ‘Eva was my fave’.
    So you're done because you have no clue what you're talking about? I named you girls that I was talking about but you still have nothing to say about that?

I didn't drag Danielle numerous times (stop lying), I said that she didn't deserve to win over Joannie who was constantly on top, and was first called out during basically whole show, while Danielle started high then disappeared during the middle, and only woke up week before the end. Not to mention that they picked her despite her accent, while they used that same argument against Natasha for example in the final.

As you can see i was talking about last few cycles, starting with cycle 4 actually. Just like Ann was criticized for going too far with no good picture, Saleisha was basically in the same situation and ended up winning, not to mention other girls that i already mentioned plenty of times here (but you obviously have no argument other than 'you hate black omen'). In act, Ann was probably one of the most criticized girls from whole show on the internet, i wonder if people called them racist for saying that she didn't deserve to go far... Or it only works if model is black, for you?

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 26th, 2018, 10:25

For clarification. I’ve seen every season. I watched them when they came out. I know exactly what I’m talking about. I’m just not digging out episodes for receipts.

You have a problem with black and Latina women. Don’t try and deflect. Your words have done enough.