Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 28-01-18, 02:27

Hello UKMIX family

I love my job. But i hate my boss.
    I have endlessly tried to make things work with my boss, for the good of the department and the patients. But she won't compromise. Instead she insists on making things more complicated and dumping more work and responsibility on me.
    It has reached a point where the stress has taken its toll and now my health is affected.

As a doctor, i have a responsibility to my patients. However, at the same time I need to take care of myself.

Anyone have any advice on how to deal with a horrible boss.
    As well as any advice on my situation
    "Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey

Legend
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » 28-01-18, 02:36

You should see a doctor yourself, and maybe get signed off sick with stress. Are you a member of a tribunal?

Also, does she have a senior? Maybe you could drop them an email and explain how you're feeling.

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 28-01-18, 06:14

Quote Originally Posted by DOSSOME
    Wait, you're a doctor SINS?
    Quote Originally Posted by SawyerHewitt
    The raw emotion Kween conveys when belting out WBT's climax>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    A MOMENT IN MUSIC HISTORY.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 28-01-18, 06:20

Quote Originally Posted by SmartIsNewSexy
    Hello UKMIX family

I have endlessly tried to make things work with my boss, for the good of the department and the patients. But she won't compromise. Instead she insists on making things more complicated and dumping more work and responsibility on me.
    It has reached a point where the stress has taken its toll and now my health is affected.

As a doctor, i have a responsibility to my patients. However, at the same time I need to take care of myself.

You come first. If you ar not fine, then you are compromising the patients that you are treating. Do what you must. Perhaps speak to her and she will insist what is doing is right but then Immediately Take it to her manager. Else resign. But don’t resign because of her and what she is doing. Resign because her manager might agree with what she is doing.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |

Superstar
    Amsterdam (NL) / Gijón (ES) / Rzeszów (PL) / Brno (CZ) / Cork (IE)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 28-01-18, 14:29

Definitely speak to her manager if talking to her didn't work. Good luck!

Legend
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 28-01-18, 15:12

I would definitely not encourage resignation, unless you have something else to walk into.

What country are you from, SINS?

Based on the brief information in your posts, I would encourage you to work within your organisation's existing discipline and grievance policies, if you feel as though you are unable to resolve your issues informally, then lodge a formal grievance (outlining the points you feel aggrieved by) and send to your line manager's manager.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 28-01-18, 15:47

Never quit a job you love, especially one you’ve spent a long time training for.

I find communication is always key. You have to have a formal meeting with your boss and explain your grievances. At the end of they day they need you and if you are struggling to meet their current demands then it’s them that needs to help you achieve their expectations. Ask for help - a boss cannot task you with the impossible and is there to help you achieve their expectations.

I appreciate that as a doctor nothing can be sidelined. I know a social worker who - based on government guidelines - should have no more than 20 cases at any one time. Yet because of staff sickness and an excess of referrals they are currently coping with 35 cases. They can’t control the volume of referrals and if there is no budget for more staff then there is no budget. I assume it’s the same where you work in that if someone needs a doctor then they need a doctor, and you have to deal with everything (such as paperwork) that comes with it.

You mention that she is uncompromising so therefore I assume you’re stuck with the workload. If you disagree entirely with it entirely and your boss is unable to produce mechanisms that help you achieve their expectations (and it’s documented that you have asked) then log a formal complaint with HR. You’ll be no worse off and might get the help you need.

To play devils advocate - you have to also ask why you can’t do what they are asking you. If it’s because you don’t want to do it as oppose to just not having the time, then that’s your own issue to overcome unfortunately.
    NO MEN IN ME.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 29-01-18, 00:52

Is there any way for you to transfer to another boss without resigning?

It's so easy to quit but when you really love your job, it's harder to find another career that will make you feel happy.
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I've learned from the pain
    I turned out amazing

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 03-02-18, 21:49

If you love your job and working environment (apart from the boss) then try to make it work by speaking directly to her or her/your manager.

Have you tried talking about it with your colleagues and have you heard what others think of her?

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-02-18, 19:19

I would look around for a job somewhere else. Keep this one till you find something else and then resign. Good luck!
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here

Manager
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-02-18, 21:19

search for a new job in your field and when you get an offer that seems acceptable then resign the current job. It shouldn't be hard at all to find a new job as an experienced doctor.
    Stanning talent is my curse: Rihanna - Dua Lipa - Madonna - Ariana Grande & many other snatchedT Popstitutes
    #No Dusty Divas Allowed

Manager
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 07-02-18, 21:25

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    Is there any way for you to transfer to another boss without resigning?

It's so easy to quit but when you really love your job, it's harder to find another career that will make you feel happy.
    Huh? He would just transfer from one clinic to another, it's not like he is giving up his career as a doctor by quiting his current job.

Transfering jobs is like one of the most common things ever.
    Stanning talent is my curse: Rihanna - Dua Lipa - Madonna - Ariana Grande & many other snatchedT Popstitutes
    #No Dusty Divas Allowed

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 18-11-18, 20:39

Quote Originally Posted by SmartIsNewSexy
    Hello UKMIX family

So how are you doing now?
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here