Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Lopez :: The "Medicine" Era

Superstar
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun February 4th, 2018, 17:32

^Well, most of it is on point, but AYM was a big hit in Europe. Although it achieved that without any promo.
    When we lose what we love
    Don't think anything will ever taste the same
    When we lose what we love
    Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun February 4th, 2018, 19:14

I understand ur point and im so pissed off as well . I dont know why her team is doin this but this is totally annoying for the fans as im a huge one . Speechless

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun February 4th, 2018, 21:07

Yep, it seems like this single is getting even worse treatment than "Ain't Your Mama" did... I mean not even an audio video for the song on YouTube? :-?

Legend
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun February 4th, 2018, 21:10

If she's not promoting this and just released this as a 'gift for A.Rod' she's really wasting a big opportunity here. This should've been a single after 'Dinero', in summertime.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun February 4th, 2018, 21:27

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin
    If she's not promoting this and just released this as a 'gift for A.Rod' she's really wasting a big opportunity here. This should've been a single after 'Dinero', in summertime.
    I really don't understand really . This is the 6th single after AKA AND I HOPE IT WONT FLOP AT LEAST IN EUROPE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun February 4th, 2018, 23:50

Moech i know you support her a lot here, i remember your name from the "Ain't your mama" period, but i am a huge fan of hers too, but i am totally pissed off right now. For me she really lost it since "A.K.A", her team, the releases, the decisions have all been a huge mess and we never have information about what's going on or coming next. We still wonder what happened to "Ain't your mama", why perform "Mirate" at all? Why "Ni tu ni yo" or "Amor 3x" if they didn't believe in it or had no intention to promote those songs. Feels like we wait for this spanish album forever, if we EVER get it! All i hear is #soon or #comingsoon all the time, but they say that every 3 months again. She had so many songs out since "A.K.A" and none of these songs were treated like she used to do it. It feels like they don't care anymore and that they have no idea or plan behind the songs they put out in the past 2 years. Didn't she sign a new record deal with Sony back in early 2016? What for? We had no new album ever since and there is none coming for now. For most of her fans, the spanish album is shelved, they do not even believe that it will EVER come out. Why did she post previews of the spanish songs on Instagram ("A tu lado") if she had no clue how to release the album? There is another english album in the works, but is it true? Did someone confirm this? NO! We have no idea whats going on with "US" or if we get "Dinero" ever. See how many songs i name and how many songs vanished with such potential? :evil: :evil: :evil:

All i want is a proper lead single with live performances, radio promo, lyric video and YouTube video. Like she used to do it back in 2011, 2012 and 2014. What happened to the good old days when we knew what was coming next?

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Sun February 4th, 2018, 23:58

Quote Originally Posted by NotMyUmbrella
    Moech i know you support her a lot here, i remember your name from the "Ain't your mama" period, but i am a huge fan of hers too, but i am totally pissed off right now. For me she really lost it since "A.K.A", her team, the releases, the decisions have all been a huge mess and we never have information about what's going on or coming next. We still wonder what happened to "Ain't your mama", why perform "Mirate" at all? Why "Ni tu ni yo" or "Amor 3x" if they didn't believe in it or had no intention to promote those songs. Feels like we wait for this spanish album forever, if we EVER get it! All i hear is #soon or #comingsoon all the time, but they say that every 3 months again. She had so many songs out since "A.K.A" and none of these songs were treated like she used to do it. It feels like they don't care anymore and that they have no idea or plan behind the songs they put out in the past 2 years. Didn't she sign a new record deal with Sony back in early 2016? What for? We had no new album ever since and there is none coming for now. For most of her fans, the spanish album is shelved, they do not even believe that it will EVER come out. Why did she post previews of the spanish songs on Instagram ("A tu lado") if she had no clue how to release the album? There is another english album in the works, but is it true? Did someone confirm this? NO! We have no idea whats going on with "US" or if we get "Dinero" ever. See how many songs i name and how many songs vanished with such potential? :evil: :evil: :evil:

All i want is a proper lead single with live performances, radio promo, lyric video and YouTube video. Like she used to do it back in 2011, 2012 and 2014. What happened to the good old days when we knew what was coming next?
    I understand you really . I feel totally frustrated .. let s hope they will do smth but she mentioned she gonna release a few songs as a bundle ... she is too busy with too many projects and i hate that

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon February 5th, 2018, 03:04

A mesa!!!! This is not even on YouTube. Ugly decisions all around

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon February 5th, 2018, 04:22

^ Totally!

Quote Originally Posted by nympho
    Day 2: 748,184 (+290,480)
    It's showing up with 924,186 streams on Spotify now so is that part of the update from day 2 (meaning it had 466,482 streams yesterday?) or is it an early update from day 3?

Us

iTunes:

#21 Spain (-8)
    #27 Canada (-7)
    #29 South Africa (+7)
    #30 Turkey (+19)
    #36 Australia (=)
    #37 Germany (-12)
    #51 United States (-7)
    #59 Brazil (-12)
    #67 Switzerland (+11)
    #70 Austria (+48)
    #86 New Zealand (-39)
    #124 Indonesia (-36)

Apple Music:

#123 Spain (+23)
    #160 Canada (NE)
    #193 Germany (NE)

It's holding surprisingly well on iTunes in Australia! It's not doing too bad in Germany either (it just had a green update on Kworb) and at least it's charting on Apple Music there even if it fell out of the Spotify Top 200.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon February 5th, 2018, 08:58

Quote Originally Posted by Neutral
    ^ Totally!

Quote Originally Posted by nympho
    Day 2: 748,184 (+290,480)
    It's showing up with 924,186 streams on Spotify now so is that part of the update from day 2 (meaning it had 466,482 streams yesterday?) or is it an early update from day 3?

Us

iTunes:

#21 Spain (-8)
    #27 Canada (-7)
    #29 South Africa (+7)
    #30 Turkey (+19)
    #36 Australia (=)
    #37 Germany (-12)
    #51 United States (-7)
    #59 Brazil (-12)
    #67 Switzerland (+11)
    #70 Austria (+48)
    #86 New Zealand (-39)
    #124 Indonesia (-36)

Apple Music:

#123 Spain (+23)
    #160 Canada (NE)
    #193 Germany (NE)

It's holding surprisingly well on iTunes in Australia! It's not doing too bad in Germany either (it just had a green update on Kworb) and at least it's charting on Apple Music there even if it fell out of the Spotify Top 200.
    I dont understand these spotify numbers really , the song is amazing

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon February 5th, 2018, 10:27

Her music career could be much bigger if she actually cared about it. A mess.
    ? Girls' Generation ?
    ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon February 5th, 2018, 10:51

Calm down folks, let's wait for the video (if ever come out), Spotify playlists...I remember AYM becoming an European hit weeks after its release. Things are just starting here.

But I think 'Dinero' will be her official single in the Usa, while Europe will have Us.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon February 5th, 2018, 11:28

Quote Originally Posted by locoporti
    Calm down folks, let's wait for the video (if ever come out), Spotify playlists...I remember AYM becoming an European hit weeks after its release. Things are just starting here.

But I think 'Dinero' will be her official single in the Usa, while Europe will have Us.
    I was thinking the same way . Let s see altho the song is holding up in Australia, canada and germany

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon February 5th, 2018, 22:56

Us

iTunes:
    #1 Burkina Faso
    #15 Finland
    #19 South Africa
    #19 Spain
    #24 Canada
    #24 Slovakia
    #40 Australia
    #41 Turkey
    #42 Germany
    #48 Portugal
    #60 Brazil
    #60 Switzerland
    #63 United States
    #86 Austria

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue February 6th, 2018, 00:13

I am not sure if Us is an official single or just a promo single for SuperBowl.

I still can't get over the fact that she never promoted Ain't Your Mama which became a hit in many European countries and gathered praise and over 500 million views on YT. Extremely catchy, it could have been a big hit for her. :evil:

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue February 6th, 2018, 03:07

Us

Apple Music:

#116 Spain (+7)
    #166 Germany (+27)
    #173 Canada (-13)

Not that it's anything major but it's really surprising to me that the song is still #42 on iTunes in Australia after almost 4 days whereas "Ain't Your Mama" never peaked higher than #51 (even after the video was released!). For comparison, here's where both songs were on iTunes there at the end of each full day:

Spoiler!

Obviously it's not really significant (especially when it's not even in the Spotify/Apple Music Top 200 there) but maybe the song could turn into a hit once (or even if ) a video is released for it?

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue February 6th, 2018, 10:58

The song is more catchy than aym imo and still holdin but obviously this is a promi single

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue February 6th, 2018, 17:59

There is no music video or promo lined up for "US", they just put it out and that's it. It's the seventh promo single since "A.K.A" and i get the feeling that it will never be as before. Music is not her "First love" anymore, simple like that. "Ain't your mama" could have been a huge smash hit in Europe, it was a hit, but they ignored the song once it was out. She doesn't care for Europe anyway since the "Dance again" Tour. "Us" feels like a second "Ain't your mama" size of hit, but without a music video it will not go far. There's nothing that could keep it high on the charts right now. Not to forget that we have no clue about the next album since "A.K.A". The spanish album is finished since late 2016.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue February 6th, 2018, 20:54

Quote Originally Posted by NotMyUmbrella
    There is no music video or promo lined up for "US", they just put it out and that's it. It's the seventh promo single since "A.K.A" and i get the feeling that it will never be as before. Music is not her "First love" anymore, simple like that. "Ain't your mama" could have been a huge smash hit in Europe, it was a hit, but they ignored the song once it was out. She doesn't care for Europe anyway since the "Dance again" Tour. "Us" feels like a second "Ain't your mama" size of hit, but without a music video it will not go far. There's nothing that could keep it high on the charts right now. Not to forget that we have no clue about the next album since "A.K.A". The spanish album is finished since late 2016.
    Someone posted that the remix is comin soon with j balvin

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Wed February 7th, 2018, 02:56

Us

iTunes:

#21 South Africa (-2)
    #29 Canada (-4)
    #29 Spain (-7)
    #44 Australia (-2)
    #49 Turkey (-2)
    #57 Switzerland (+5)
    #59 Germany (-13)
    #79 United States (-11)
    #129 Austria (-33)
    #193 Brazil (-111)

Apple Music:

#80 Spain (+36)
    #181 Canada (-8)
    #200 Germany (-34)

Good to see it climbing on Apple Music in Spain but where is it on Spotify? :(

Legend
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Wed February 7th, 2018, 06:19

Her side projects are distracting her music career. :-? :-?

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Wed February 7th, 2018, 09:41

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    Indeed and that s killing her fans a lot .

Legend
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Wed February 7th, 2018, 10:45

True :( Makes me sad.

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Wed February 7th, 2018, 12:07

You're forgetting that music was always the side project for her. She started out as an actress and up until 2012 she always chose acting over performing/touring.
    ? Girls' Generation ?
    ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Wed February 7th, 2018, 12:26

Quote Originally Posted by joiPrince_JO
    You're forgetting that music was always the side project for her. She started out as an actress and up until 2012 she always chose acting over performing/touring.
    Sad but true but she has a huge passion for music . She still can deliver a hit . Her body , her energy , her beauty are still there .